Author Topic: The Grand theft Auto Thread  (Read 20798 times)

Offline crackerbox

• Yes boys, shorts weather
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
The Grand theft Auto Thread
« on: September 1, 2010, 12:38:52 pm »
Hey yaīll
Since I was a little kid...I first laid hands on Gta Vice City in 2002 and immediatly fell in love with it, the story, the gameplay and the humour.
Till then I have at least once played every other one in the Series but apart from San Andreas, not one could convince me that itīs better! Then Gta 4 came out and I bought it a month ago........ Itīs so brilliant!
So I wanted to start this thread (which I hope hasnīt been done before, MODS: Lock, if it has been done ;)) and ask you about your opinion about the, for me, best Video game Series ever.
Favorite Game
Favorite Quotes
etc etc.

Iīll start off with one of my favorite quotes.
Tommy Vercetti to Sonny Forelli in the GTA VC Mission "Keep your friends close"

Sonny Forelli: Tommy, what was the big plan? You think I'd just take the fake cash? Save face and run away with my tail between my legs?!

Tommy Vercetti: No. I just wanted to piss you off before I kill you.

:wave
« Last Edit: September 1, 2010, 12:40:54 pm by crackerbox »
I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

http://twitter.com/crackerboxx

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
Re: The Grand theft Auto Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 1, 2010, 01:31:01 pm »
GTA San Andreas is probably the 2nd best game I've ever played. Super Mario Bros being 1st.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 1, 2010, 01:39:33 pm »
Hey yaīll
Since I was a little kid...I first laid hands on Gta Vice City in 2002 and immediatly fell in love with it, the story, the gameplay and the humour.
Till then I have at least once played every other one in the Series but apart from San Andreas, not one could convince me that itīs better! Then Gta 4 came out and I bought it a month ago........ Itīs so brilliant!
So I wanted to start this thread (which I hope hasnīt been done before, MODS: Lock, if it has been done ;)) and ask you about your opinion about the, for me, best Video game Series ever.
Favorite Game
Favorite Quotes
etc etc.

Iīll start off with one of my favorite quotes.
Tommy Vercetti to Sonny Forelli in the GTA VC Mission "Keep your friends close"

Sonny Forelli: Tommy, what was the big plan? You think I'd just take the fake cash? Save face and run away with my tail between my legs?!

Tommy Vercetti: No. I just wanted to piss you off before I kill you.

San Andreas is fecking superb, the best in the series as far as I'm concerned.  It was just epic.  As for this gen, I think The ballad of gay Tony is better than GTA IV.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 1, 2010, 02:19:21 pm »
For me I loved vice city, then San Andreas was an amazing game, one of the best games ive ever owned simply for its limitless game-play.

I got GTA 4 when it came out, played it for a bit, didnt like it, havnt touched it since. Seemed to go away from the comedy nature of the others and tried to be a little more serious, which made it worse.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #4 on: September 1, 2010, 02:23:20 pm »
San Andreas was the best one by far in my opinon. GTA4 was good but i got bored of it after a while. I think they need to come up with something good in the next one and something different that will make the game different from the rest. Obviously keep the same concept of the game but just introduce something that has not been done before.
Justice for the 97

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5 on: September 1, 2010, 02:26:39 pm »
Nothing beats the original GTA. Just because of all the shit in the press about it corrupting young minds

Played it when if first came out and I was 12.

12 years on and not a single murderous rampage or joyride. ;)

Vice city was amazing if only for the soundtrack and San Andreas just because of how open that map was and how each area had a different environment.

Offline Brick Tamland

• Helllllo Jen
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love lamp
« Reply #6 on: September 1, 2010, 02:30:39 pm »
San Andreas was my least fave...

Vice City.
GTA 3 (for gameplay and fun factor).
GTA 4 (for detail and story).
San Andreas (bottom of the list due to size, boring extras like gym etc).

"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #7 on: September 1, 2010, 03:07:34 pm »
yeah I had a hard start to gta 4 , the whole controls where fucked up if you excuse my french, and switching from a ps2 to an xbox 360 was a tad hard....

My favorite Character is Tommy Vercetti....Nobody could beat him, ;) Would set him up against H&G ;D
Thatīs whats missing in GTA 4 ...I donīt want to play with the founder of compare-the-meerkat.com
GTA 5 needs an Italian-American again...
I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: September 1, 2010, 03:16:26 pm »
Fuck. For half a second I thought there was news about GTA 5.

Loved every single one of them, favourite would have to be VC.

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #9 on: September 1, 2010, 04:01:21 pm »
Fuck. For half a second I thought there was news about GTA 5.

Loved every single one of them, favourite would have to be VC.
sorry bout tha ;D

but there will be a gta 5 , rumours say it will be set in a gta iv era rendition of Vice City.

* Many fans believe that Vice City will be the setting of the next GTA game - whether in the GTA IV Era or a new GTA 5 Era. This is because Vice City followed on from Liberty City in both GTA 1 and the GTA III Era (GTA VC, GTA VCS). However, other fans believe that the series will return to London, Anywhere City or San Andreas, which are all previously used in GTA games.

* On page thirteen of the Episodes from Liberty City guide book, there's a teaser that shows a broken heart made of the GTA IV box art and says "Liberty City, It's Over!" followed by "Next Stop..." and a small torn area that shows the poster behind, later revealed to be an advert for Mollis. The torn area is in the shape of France. It also says in the right lower corner in a red box "Opens March Everywhere" which may mean it is coming in March 2011 or a later year.

* Another teaser is at the end of The Ballad of Gay Tony, when supporting character Patrick McReary is taking a flight to an unknown location, which many believe to be San Andreas. As for what the environment might be like, dialogue in the GTA IV era confirms that San Andreas is still a state, and that the names Los Santos (with Vinewood), Red County, San Fierro and Las Venturas will still be used.
    * A report says Rockstar North has travelled to Hollywood for do researches, it is believed Grand Theft Auto 5 will take place (or part of it) on Vinewood.

(Taken from Gta.Wikia.com) http://gta.wikia.com/Main_Page
http://gta.wikia.com/GTA_V
« Last Edit: September 2, 2010, 04:40:02 pm by crackerbox »

Offline RedImp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • In the light of the moon
« Reply #10 on: September 1, 2010, 05:18:17 pm »
Nothing beats the original GTA. Just because of all the shit in the press about it corrupting young minds

Played it when if first came out and I was 12.

12 years on and not a single murderous rampage or joyride. ;)

Vice city was amazing if only for the soundtrack and San Andreas just because of how open that map was and how each area had a different environment.

i remember the first time I ever played the first GTA it gave me a massive headache, although luckily it never happened on subsequent plays.

Best for me though was San Andreas, one of my favourite gaming memories was leaving the first city and just realising how big the game world was, I must have spent hours just exploring and getting lost, twas fantastic.
Brundle: "you missed the ceremony then?"
Kimi: "yeah, I was having a shit"

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: September 2, 2010, 11:22:28 am »
Brilliant video of San Andreas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guDYTNxzd8k

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #12 on: September 2, 2010, 11:30:54 am »
Best moment ever on GTA for me was after pimping out my lowrider, driving along with a car full of "homeboys" with Nothing but a G Thang playing on the radio ;D I nearly came in my pants haha.

That was the best for me, San Andreas.

I love them all though even though IV got a bit boring and I didnt really like Niko, Ballad of Gay Tony was class though, thats what IV should of been like. Im getting that A-Rab money! ;D haha
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #13 on: September 2, 2010, 11:44:29 am »
i bought GTA 4 and havent opened it yet....

San Andreas was awesome, you could just drive around for days or fly around for days doing fuck all :D
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 2, 2010, 01:10:48 pm »
This thread needs closing. I can't take coming on here every day, seeing this thread has new replies and wondering "Is today the day that GTA V is announced?"

I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 2, 2010, 01:36:46 pm »
San Andreas for me too.

Loved that K-ROSE radio channel playing alll the country music.
Driving a combine Harverster aorund listenind to 'All My Ex's live in Texas'  ;D

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #16 on: September 2, 2010, 04:23:49 pm »
This thread needs closing. I can't take coming on here every day, seeing this thread has new replies and wondering "Is today the day that GTA V is announced?"

I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT!
Have you seen the Link to Gtawikia.com? few posts up, it shows what little info weīve got about gta v  (minimal)
Nerds and Geeks believe itīll be announced in march 2011.

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #17 on: September 2, 2010, 04:26:06 pm »
Nerds and Geeks believe itīll be announced in march 2011.
I really hope its announced before then, it'll be ages before its actually released following the announcement. I seem to remember seeing the first GTA4 trailer a long time before it was out.

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #18 on: September 2, 2010, 04:33:33 pm »
Who was your favorite character in all the series??

I just love the radio...all the sexual remarks and stuff, especially in Liberty City Stories which is set in 1998 where the Internet is introduced to the world and there are for the Citizens United Negating Technology for Life and People's Safety which is abbreviated "CUNTFLAPS"   :lickin

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 2, 2010, 05:46:26 pm »
San Andreas for me too.

Loved that K-ROSE radio channel playing alll the country music.
Driving a combine Harverster aorund listenind to 'All My Ex's live in Texas'  ;D

Total quality! Love that song!

San Andreas the peak of the series for me, although the gym was a pain in the arse, and certain swimming bits, it beat dying every time you went in the water like Vice City, or being over serious like GTA 4.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #20 on: September 2, 2010, 06:25:20 pm »
San Andreas was quality...Prob the best radio stations in the series too

GTA4 was wank. Same ol' shit. Didn't blow me away with their next gen GTA bollocks.

If anything saints row 2 on ps3 was better than GTA4

I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT!

haha that's so true!!
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #21 on: September 2, 2010, 07:54:44 pm »
I agree with you sam, GTA IV is too serious....
But I still love it :P

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #22 on: September 2, 2010, 07:56:38 pm »
Is there a new one out?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #23 on: September 2, 2010, 08:02:12 pm »

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #24 on: September 2, 2010, 08:31:27 pm »
Radio X probably had the best soundtrack to any game, I've loved all the games since Vice City except for the Niko storyline.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 2, 2010, 08:35:04 pm »
If it gets to March and there still hasn't been an announcement I will petrol bomb R* headquarters. The fuck are they playing at? Give us SOMETHING!

I heard, in June, rumours that an announcement might be made at E3 and have kept an eye on gtaforums ever since! NOTHING!

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #26 on: September 2, 2010, 08:59:28 pm »
R* are bloody Divas...they like to bitch around pretty often.

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #27 on: September 3, 2010, 07:43:59 pm »
R-R-Radio Espantoso!!!

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #28 on: September 4, 2010, 02:34:30 pm »
San Andreas is fecking superb, the best in the series as far as I'm concerned.  It was just epic.  As for this gen, I think The ballad of gay Tony is better than GTA IV.

Same here. San Andreas was full of great characters. GTA IV was wank in that respect. Same old shite all the time and the people were pretty boring except maybe Brucie and those three Irish guys. Ballad of Gay Tony was miles better. Yusuf Amir on his own is better than all of the characters in GTA IV. Then there's Brucie's brother or whatever he is and that Russian fella living with his sister (or wife)... ;)

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #29 on: September 4, 2010, 03:16:34 pm »
Loved Vice City, always remember the final mission and ending. Best end to any GTA game, forgot how much I loved this game at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd25uhsfWgI
« Last Edit: September 4, 2010, 03:18:05 pm by dcornell »

Offline DM Red

• no it wasnt a knee jerk - just a jerk....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30 on: September 4, 2010, 07:52:07 pm »
GTA IV is one of my favourite video games of all time. an absolute masterpiece

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 4, 2010, 08:09:18 pm »
Loved Vice City, always remember the final mission and ending. Best end to any GTA game, forgot how much I loved this game at the time.

That brings back memories. Vice City is still probably my favourite of them all as it nailed both the story and vibe so well. San Andreas was great but over blown.

I enjoyed GTA 4 but at times it was a slog. I liked the more serious tone and liked Niko and thought his story was well done. It was nice to go back to some of the more bonkers elements of GTA in TBOGT.

GTA games are one of the very few, along with GT and maybe FIFA which i look out for and generally buy the day they come out. Hopefully we'll get another one next year.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #32 on: September 5, 2010, 11:41:44 pm »
Brilliant video of San Andreas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guDYTNxzd8k

thats fantastic that is, might dig it out now.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 6, 2010, 12:03:24 am »
I love the radio in these games..the debates they have are great. Anyone remember the masterpiece song "Taxi drivers must die" from GTA2?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 6, 2010, 04:43:22 am »

Even past reminding me of the greatness of San Andreas, which I hadn't even forgotten about anyway, that is just a terrifically made video. I don't think R* have managed better than that. He must have spent a long fucking time on it.

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #35 on: September 6, 2010, 11:06:18 am »
I love the radio in these games..the debates they have are great. Anyone remember the masterpiece song "Taxi drivers must die" from GTA2?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYnFjbmr0ZA

My favorite channel...OF ALL TIME.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 6, 2010, 11:08:13 am »
Why have Microsoft released San Andreas on XBOX LIVE but not Vice City?

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #37 on: September 6, 2010, 11:10:22 am »
GET OUTTA HERE!!
San Andreas is on Xbox Live?

How much is it?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 6, 2010, 11:14:25 am »
GET OUTTA HERE!!
San Andreas is on Xbox Live?

How much is it?

Dunno I bought it ages ago. Memory says 1700 points... but that could be wrong.

Just checked. It's only 1200

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #39 on: September 6, 2010, 11:15:50 am »
Well I need to have a look as soon as my xbox live works.... 1700 points....thatīll take a bit for me