Author Topic: The Grand theft Auto Thread  (Read 20769 times)

Offline crackerbox

• Yes boys, shorts weather
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
Re: The Grand theft Auto Thread
« Reply #160 on: February 25, 2011, 04:07:50 pm »
None of them, this-a one here:

I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

http://twitter.com/crackerboxx

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2011, 03:53:03 pm »
Don't know why I haven't been playing these games until now, feel like part of my life has been wasted.

Difficult decision last night, Playboy X or Dwayne?

Thought that Michelle was a cop from the start, shame it doesn't let you kill her when you find out.

Got a date with someone called Law-girl or something like that, picked her up and thought I'd take her to a pasta and pizza place round the corner. She turned her nose up at that and wanted me to take her home. Tried to hit her with my baseball bat but she didn't seem to feel it.

These are sick, sick games but great fun.
Legacy fan

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2011, 04:38:12 pm »
The thing that really pisses me off about GTA IV is when your doing a mission and the cops get fucking involved! They don't even go after the guys who are shooting at you!
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2011, 08:19:06 pm »
Don't know why I haven't been playing these games until now, feel like part of my life has been wasted.

Difficult decision last night, Playboy X or Dwayne?

Thought that Michelle was a cop from the start, shame it doesn't let you kill her when you find out.

Got a date with someone called Law-girl or something like that, picked her up and thought I'd take her to a pasta and pizza place round the corner. She turned her nose up at that and wanted me to take her home. Tried to hit her with my baseball bat but she didn't seem to feel it.

These are sick, sick games but great fun.
Who did you go for?
I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2011, 09:07:00 pm »
Who did you go for?

Dwayne, you get Playboys appartment if you kill him :)

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2011, 09:42:55 pm »
Dwayne, you get Playboys appartment if you kill him :)

So you killed Playboy? Thats confusing Lol
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2011, 09:43:32 pm »
damn, i got so much work on at the min but just reading this thread makes me want to go and finish this game off

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2011, 09:58:04 pm »
So you killed Playboy? Thats confusing Lol

:D Sorry, yes I killed Playboy for his appartment. I kept Dwayne as a mate which also gives you an option to get him to do something for you via your phone once hes 80% happy with you, I forget what it was though as it was ages ago

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2011, 10:14:23 pm »
Just order GTA: episodes from the Liberty City, full edition. So then, is it good? And worth £17? :)
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2011, 10:54:20 pm »
:D Sorry, yes I killed Playboy for his appartment. I kept Dwayne as a mate which also gives you an option to get him to do something for you via your phone once hes 80% happy with you, I forget what it was though as it was ages ago

Ah right got ya :) Yeah I did the same!

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #170 on: March 1, 2011, 01:57:20 pm »
I killed Playboy as well, thought he was a bit flash and I felt sorry for Dwayne. The nice apartment is a bit of a bonus. Might start sniping at passersby from the roof garden.

Went out with Dwayne to a strip club seeing as we are mates now but clobbered him with a door so I don't think he's too happy with me.

Can anyone understand that John character?

That mission where you rob the bank with Packie is a nightmare, had to restart it again and again because I kept on getting killed. Spent about $20k on armour, ammo and healthcare and ended up on just a couple of hundred dollars so have had to leave it for a bit to try and earn more money.

Grenades at $1k each is ridiculous.
Legacy fan

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 1, 2011, 01:58:45 pm »
Never used grenades for that mission. In fact never used grenades for any mission.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #172 on: March 1, 2011, 02:03:07 pm »
Never used grenades for that mission. In fact never used grenades for any mission.

Useful for chucking under Police cars just as they arrive or for blowing up Police cars with the Police hiding behind them.

I did a job for Ray Boccino last night which involved going and killing someone in their apartment. he ran up on the roof and hid behind something, I could see his location indicator. Couldn't be bothered working my way round him so just chucked a grenade over the structure he was hiding behind. The resulting explosion set him on fire, blew him off the building and he fell about 10 floors. Well worth $1k that one.
Legacy fan

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #173 on: March 1, 2011, 02:13:04 pm »
Thats definitely one of the hardest missions. Took me awhile to do and its quite long as well. I picked Dwayne too. He isn't half a downer though. Every time you pick him up hes talking about killing himself or feeling lonely or something or another.
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #174 on: March 1, 2011, 02:17:40 pm »
I can get out of the bank and down the alleys quite easy, then it's into the subway and that's pretty easy as well. Coming up out of the subway is easy if you do it quickly and then it's into the waiting car and away. Last time I did it I nearly got away but crashed the car in a park and there were no cars around to steal. Ended up trying to drive off in a Police car but they shot me, should have just legged it.

Pain in the arse having to restart it every time.
Legacy fan

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #175 on: March 1, 2011, 06:19:49 pm »
Just order GTA: episodes from the Liberty City, full edition. So then, is it good? And worth £17? :)
I guess so, The Ballad of Gay Tony looks fabulous and I really want it.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 1, 2011, 06:30:10 pm »
I guess so, The Ballad of Gay Tony looks fabulous and I really want it.

Ill tell you how good it is when I get it ;)

With GTA: Episode from Liberty City, what am I actually getting? Just the Ballad of Gay Tony and the Lost and Damned? Not getting GTA IV with it?
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #177 on: March 1, 2011, 06:48:54 pm »
Ill tell you how good it is when I get it ;)

With GTA: Episode from Liberty City, what am I actually getting? Just the Ballad of Gay Tony and the Lost and Damned? Not getting GTA IV with it?

I believe its just the 2 games but I believe they are stand alone so you don't need GTA 4 to play them? Not 100% sure but I was led to believe that was the case. I'm about to buy the pack too after completing the game the other week.

You can get all 3 in one pack here: (PS3) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Complete/dp/B00466IF6U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1299005375&sr=8-3

Xbox: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_0?rh=k%3Agta+4%2Ci%3Avideogames&keywords=gta+4&ie=UTF8&qid=1299005375#/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_browse-b_6?rh=k%3Agta+4%2Cn%3A300703%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A671475011&bbn=300703&keywords=gta+4&ie=UTF8&qid=1299005473&rnid=671465011
« Last Edit: March 1, 2011, 06:51:50 pm by medley »
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 1, 2011, 06:53:27 pm »
Ive bought the complete edition, just checked. So I get all 3. Nice one :) Hopefully its here tomorrow.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #179 on: March 2, 2011, 10:22:24 am »
Did that bank robbery last night on the second try, $250k!!

Still can't understand a word that Little Jacob says.

Francis McCreary or Derrick McCreary? Loads of decisions in this game.

That Kate McCreary still hasn't invited me in for a game of hide the sausage even though I've taken her out a few times. Might have to kill her.

Went jogging in the park with a gay friend, that was fun.
Legacy fan

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #180 on: March 2, 2011, 11:37:48 am »
You can turn on subtitles in the game options, it's worth doing I think, as it translates the little Serbian/Russian bits in the game as well..oh, and you get to see what Jacob is saying ;D

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #181 on: March 2, 2011, 11:41:47 am »
I turned on the subtitles from the start as my TV speakers are behind the TV (like most Samsung LCD's) so it was sometimes hard hearing what they were saying when there's a lot of action.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #182 on: March 2, 2011, 11:51:29 am »
There's way too long between GTA stuff coming out. Red Dead is exceptional and I played that last night but already completed it and I'm saving the zombie mode for another day. The bikers add-on and the Gay Tony one were really good but that's a year ago now or more. GTA5 won't be out until next year so I wish there was another DLC story. It's easy to still enjoy the city at least.
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #183 on: March 2, 2011, 11:56:34 am »
Did that bank robbery last night on the second try, $250k!!

Still can't understand a word that Little Jacob says.

Francis McCreary or Derrick McCreary? Loads of decisions in this game.

That Kate McCreary still hasn't invited me in for a game of hide the sausage even though I've taken her out a few times. Might have to kill her.

Went jogging in the park with a gay friend, that was fun.
Stop trying to get Kate around, she wont do it ...
Kill Francis! Corrupt swine!

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #184 on: March 2, 2011, 02:32:48 pm »
Gay Tony looks fabulous and I really want him.

:o

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #185 on: March 2, 2011, 03:09:10 pm »

Kill Francis! Corrupt swine!

I did kill Francis in the end, only made my mind up just before the shot though. Just didn't like the way he was sitting.

The good thing about letting Derrick live was that I got to do the mission in the tunnel.

Seems odd telling Kate that I'm sorry about her brother's death when I was the one who killed him.

The funeral was great fun.
Legacy fan

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #186 on: March 2, 2011, 05:31:05 pm »
« Last Edit: March 2, 2011, 05:38:59 pm by crackerbox »

Offline ..Bruiser..

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #187 on: March 2, 2011, 05:33:46 pm »
I did kill Francis in the end, only made my mind up just before the shot though. Just didn't like the way he was sitting.

The good thing about letting Derrick live was that I got to do the mission in the tunnel.

Seems odd telling Kate that I'm sorry about her brother's death when I was the one who killed him.

The funeral was great fun.
What a weird life that'd be.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #188 on: March 2, 2011, 05:35:47 pm »
Sigh stop updating this thread, keep thinking news of GTA5 has been announced...
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #189 on: March 2, 2011, 05:36:50 pm »
http://gta.wikia.com/Main_Page

Keep yourself updated then..

Offline ..Bruiser..

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #190 on: March 2, 2011, 05:37:38 pm »
That's what I kept thinking but there's still plenty to talk about. whatever happens it won't be out this year anyway.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #191 on: March 2, 2011, 05:38:44 pm »
I quite like him though, Nevermind Gay Tony  :D

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 2, 2011, 06:16:03 pm »
Some cheeky wee scamp over on the gtaforums has uncovered a tasty nugget of info.

The domain "www.gtamiami.com" was registered by Take Two. It was years ago that it was created. 13/12/2001 to be exact. It was probably for Vice City. BUT! It was last updated... two months ago.

I reckon that's pretty compelling evidence that we're going back to Vice City for the next GTA game. And if that is the case, I could NOT be happier about it ;D

The site doesn't work right now so the link is dead. But check this out:

http://www.who.is/whois/gtamiami.com/

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #193 on: March 2, 2011, 07:38:23 pm »
Last updated today, according to that link..

Database last updated on 2-Mar-2011

Pretty fragile evidence, but I'd be happy to return to VC one more time.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #194 on: March 2, 2011, 08:13:30 pm »
That's what I kept thinking but there's still plenty to talk about. whatever happens it won't be out this year anyway.

I think it still might be you know mate, depends though. I'd say the latest would be Q2 2012.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #195 on: March 2, 2011, 10:48:49 pm »
I think it still might be you know mate, depends though. I'd say the latest would be Q2 2012.
I'd love that. And Vice City would be great, not many terrains though so more of a proper city like Libertly plus beaches.

I know people want to see San Andreas but it's just too much to put on a disc to do justice. I loved that game but areas weren't big enough. If I had my way they'd release a two disc version where you had a massive version of San Andreas. I'd pay more for massive space.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #196 on: March 2, 2011, 11:15:07 pm »
GTAV - Good place to keep up to date, the latest on there being about more domain names being registered for the games in-game internet.

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #197 on: March 3, 2011, 06:48:53 am »
I'd love that. And Vice City would be great, not many terrains though so more of a proper city like Libertly plus beaches.

I know people want to see San Andreas but it's just too much to put on a disc to do justice. I loved that game but areas weren't big enough. If I had my way they'd release a two disc version where you had a massive version of San Andreas. I'd pay more for massive space.
Its gonna be a vice city of the of the iv generation if any so exPect a very different vice city to the last one

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #198 on: March 7, 2011, 09:55:43 pm »
I´m on the Bank Job mission again...its gotten harder because I became stupider...
First time I kill my own people
Second time I escape via Underground train, next thing you know, I run into the bloody train  >:(
Third try now.

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #199 on: March 7, 2011, 10:00:04 pm »
I sometimes wish GTA has what Red Dead does, and lets you retry the mission from the checkpoint, rather than do the ENTIRE mission from scratch.  Very frustrating.
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.