Author Topic: The Grand theft Auto Thread  (Read 20791 times)

Offline crackerbox

• Yes boys, shorts weather
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
Re: The Grand theft Auto Thread
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2010, 01:31:17 pm »
I understand you, well it wasnt SHITE but it was far from perfection because of the graphics and sometimes the screen was far to dark..
I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

http://twitter.com/crackerboxx

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2010, 01:55:32 pm »
seriously? i thought it was amazing. so much to do.

why dont you like it?

The story was great but apart from that I found myself getting bored playing it

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2010, 02:23:48 pm »
Finished IV for the 4th time now...and its still not boring.

WHo was your favorite GTA Character?

Mine are Tommy Vercetti and Brucie!
Tommy needs to make a comeback. Great character
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2010, 02:51:08 pm »
Thinking back to Vice City...... it was utterly superb for the time. The story, gameplay, music. All so well thought out and designed. And the Scarface battle right at the end.

The problem with them all, is that it's difficult going to work while you're trying to finish (or even start) a GTA. Must've fucked off at least 3 days at work.

Meanwhile, 20% in to Red Dead at the moment... Sure as shootin'.

DJ Toni "That record was so good, I wanted to puke"
"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2010, 02:55:46 pm »
sorry bout tha ;D

but there will be a gta 5 , rumours say it will be set in a gta iv era rendition of Vice City.

* Many fans believe that Vice City will be the setting of the next GTA game - whether in the GTA IV Era or a new GTA 5 Era. This is because Vice City followed on from Liberty City in both GTA 1 and the GTA III Era (GTA VC, GTA VCS). However, other fans believe that the series will return to London, Anywhere City or San Andreas, which are all previously used in GTA games.

* On page thirteen of the Episodes from Liberty City guide book, there's a teaser that shows a broken heart made of the GTA IV box art and says "Liberty City, It's Over!" followed by "Next Stop..." and a small torn area that shows the poster behind, later revealed to be an advert for Mollis. The torn area is in the shape of France. It also says in the right lower corner in a red box "Opens March Everywhere" which may mean it is coming in March 2011 or a later year.

* Another teaser is at the end of The Ballad of Gay Tony, when supporting character Patrick McReary is taking a flight to an unknown location, which many believe to be San Andreas. As for what the environment might be like, dialogue in the GTA IV era confirms that San Andreas is still a state, and that the names Los Santos (with Vinewood), Red County, San Fierro and Las Venturas will still be used.
    * A report says Rockstar North has travelled to Hollywood for do researches, it is believed Grand Theft Auto 5 will take place (or part of it) on Vinewood.

(Taken from Gta.Wikia.com) http://gta.wikia.com/Main_Page
http://gta.wikia.com/GTA_V

Your right there apparently the makers, Rockstar spent so long on Red Dead Redemption that GTAV or Grand Theft Auto 5 release date has been put back 'till 2012, but the rumours flying round all point to it being Packie McCreary in Vinewood (Hollywood) as Rockstar have been out and about in tinsel-town snapping places from every conceivable; and like you say the big hint is at the end of GTAIV Liberty City Ballad of Gay Tony is when Packie is known to be taking a flight to an unknown destination; also (not that I've notice myself) that on some billboards in Liberty City BOGT and Lost and Dammed, there seems to be adverts for GTAV with (annoyingly) the vital piece of the ad missing from the bottom.

Wherever and whenever it comes out I'm sure it'll be a cracker, as GTAIV IMO is the best game I've played on any console, ever.  I must say I am a Playstation person though as I have a PS1 (original) and PS2 (original) and a while ago when the price went down a little from when it 1st came out and the memory went up I bought a PS3 slimline 250GB and can't keep off it. 
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline DM Red

• no it wasnt a knee jerk - just a jerk....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2010, 03:03:08 pm »
^^i agree. GTA IV is right up there as one of the best games ive ever played. thoroughly enjoyed it and from a technical point of view it was a masterpiece.

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2010, 03:11:39 pm »
Your right there apparently the makers, Rockstar spent so long on Red Dead Redemption that GTAV or Grand Theft Auto 5 release date has been put back 'till 2012, but the rumours flying round all point to it being Packie McCreary in Vinewood (Hollywood) as Rockstar have been out and about in tinsel-town snapping places from every conceivable; and like you say the big hint is at the end of GTAIV Liberty City Ballad of Gay Tony is when Packie is known to be taking a flight to an unknown destination; also (not that I've notice myself) that on some billboards in Liberty City BOGT and Lost and Dammed, there seems to be adverts for GTAV with (annoyingly) the vital piece of the ad missing from the bottom.

Wherever and whenever it comes out I'm sure it'll be a cracker, as GTAIV IMO is the best game I've played on any console, ever.  I must say I am a Playstation person though as I have a PS1 (original) and PS2 (original) and a while ago when the price went down a little from when it 1st came out and the memory went up I bought a PS3 slimline 250GB and can't keep off it.
Well either that which would be quite cool albeit a bit of a small city then if its just Vinewood...
or it actually is in France which I hope will not happen :P
I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2010, 09:56:11 pm »
I understand you, well it wasnt SHITE but it was far from perfection because of the graphics and sometimes the screen was far to dark..

Ill agree there it did seem very dark, even during the days it was very murky.

Still though, if it was remade id sit outside HMV now until release date.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2010, 10:19:48 pm »
seriously? i thought it was amazing. so much to do.

why dont you like it?
I loved it to be honest on the Xbox. I sold the PS2 at the time. San Andreas was too big for it to handle and it always crashed.
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2010, 06:08:09 am »
San Andreas is my favourite; with Vice City coming 2nd.
On tracks though, I like Vice City best.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2010, 11:39:54 am »
San Andreas is my favourite; with Vice City coming 2nd.
On tracks though, I like Vice City best.

Spot on.
Loved Vice City radio.

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2010, 06:11:37 pm »
Hmm I played Red Dead REdemption Yesterday, You could call it GTA 1910 couldnt you :)

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2010, 08:13:21 pm »
I always thought San Andreas tried to do too much. It's a good game like, but they made the classic sequel mistake of assuming that bigger and better are the same thing. I stopped playing around about the point where I was supposed to be flying a light aircraft into the back of a fucking passenger jet for some reason or another (!?). GTA4 was much more focussed and I enjoyed it a lot more.

Anyway, for me the new game just has to be in Britain.. it would be ace.. The old GTA london games were hilarious.

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2010, 12:40:58 pm »
Yeah lets do GTA WORLD ;D

You have to fly to every location

Offline Alonso

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2010, 12:45:59 pm »
Am I the only one who didn't enjoy GTA IV that much?

Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent game. But once I'd completed the story, I just got bored. I found the map boring too.

I played GTA 3, GTA: VC, GTA: SA long after I finished the story. They were so much more entertaining and filled with variety imo. With GTA IV, I stopped playing after the story.

Offline ..Bruiser..

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2010, 01:11:15 pm »
Am I the only one who didn't enjoy GTA IV that much?

Don't get me wrong, it's an excellent game. But once I'd completed the story, I just got bored. I found the map boring too.

I played GTA 3, GTA: VC, GTA: SA long after I finished the story. They were so much more entertaining and filled with variety imo. With GTA IV, I stopped playing after the story.
I loved it bu I have to say after completing it I didn't play as much as San Andreas, Vice City and RDR. If they had a couple of different environments and landscapes like SA I'd have played more hours.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #96 on: November 6, 2010, 01:12:30 pm »
For anyone that's interested, Steam are selling GTA, GTA2, GTA3, Vice city and San Andreas for £4.99 all together.  Pretty nice collection methinks.
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: November 6, 2010, 03:08:19 pm »
For anyone that's interested, Steam are selling GTA, GTA2, GTA3, Vice city and San Andreas for £4.99 all together.  Pretty nice collection methinks.

Legend. I would have totally missed that. But I haven't missed it. I've bought them. Get in.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #98 on: November 6, 2010, 03:59:39 pm »
 I'm just starting GTA4 up for the second time.

Such a good game.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline ..Bruiser..

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #99 on: November 6, 2010, 04:11:47 pm »
I'm just starting GTA4 up for the second time.

Such a good game.
I completed it a second time while waiting for Red Dead to come out. It's surprising how many missions you forget. Had a job with the first mission with Packy for some reason, he got killed the first few times. I completed Three Leaf Clover on the second attempt this time, it took a few tries before. The bit where you have to make a decision on revenge or working with the Dimitri I did different as I wasn't happy at who died when I first completed it.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #100 on: November 6, 2010, 07:01:16 pm »
Are the '...Stories' games for the PS2 full games or just short add-ons?

I've not actually got round to playing IV yet but finished III, Vice City and San Andreas - worth giving the '...Stories' a go first?

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #101 on: November 6, 2010, 07:11:11 pm »
They're new games, basically with the same map and a different character. I only ever bought Vice City Stories, and despite loving the original game I never got into VC stories at all, just found the character nowhere near as engaging as Tommy V. You play as Lance Vance's brother, if I remember rightly.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #102 on: November 6, 2010, 07:21:15 pm »
Yeah I was the same on VCS, just didn't get into it at all

Offline todda

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 9, 2010, 10:30:01 am »

You could change that in the menu screen you know?  I thought it was too dark then read the little book which told me how to change it and I got it just to my liking without having to alter anything on my tele.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline todda

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 9, 2010, 10:37:28 am »
I completed it a second time while waiting for Red Dead to come out. It's surprising how many missions you forget. Had a job with the first mission with Packy for some reason, he got killed the first few times. I completed Three Leaf Clover on the second attempt this time, it took a few tries before. The bit where you have to make a decision on revenge or working with the Dimitri I did different as I wasn't happy at who died when I first completed it.

I did the same as you only didn't have time to finish it before RDR came to my door.  It is amazing how many missions you forget and how many time s I died as a result, I must admit though the three leaf clover mission ( Bank Job???) I did 1st time, as this was the most memorable from the 1st time around, plus you get oodles of $$$'s for doing it and then it's the missions after that you have to get rgiht or you money goes down big style every time you die, 10% hospital fees if I'm right?

Great game, love it and love the stories, can't wait for GTAV to come out now.  I'm sure Rockstar will have a belter for us next time as it'll take some surpassing to beat GTAIV, but I'm sure they'll find a way of doing it.

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #105 on: November 9, 2010, 08:06:05 pm »
Are the '...Stories' games for the PS2 full games or just short add-ons?

I've not actually got round to playing IV yet but finished III, Vice City and San Andreas - worth giving the '...Stories' a go first?
Liberty City Stories is quite good. Its a full game based on Liberty City in 1998, 3 years before the events of GTA III
You play a fella called Tony Cipriani (rings a bell to all GTA III players) , the Tunnel that connected Staunton Island with Shoreside Vale is still under Construction so there are lots of places in GTA III which arent available in GTA LCS and vice-versa

Personally I think that is quite cool, seeing the city before all the events of the other game.

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #106 on: November 9, 2010, 08:07:12 pm »
They're new games, basically with the same map and a different character. I only ever bought Vice City Stories, and despite loving the original game I never got into VC stories at all, just found the character nowhere near as engaging as Tommy V. You play as Lance Vance's brother, if I remember rightly.
Yeah, but in VC he´s got that weird accent in the opening scene....EXPLAIIIN :D

Just compare this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvVqKhsZf8Y&p=5FB1CE62C921DE92&playnext=1&index=21

To this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTop5uSpSiQ&feature=related
(from 4:27)
« Last Edit: November 9, 2010, 08:10:38 pm by crackerbox »

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #107 on: November 9, 2010, 11:02:50 pm »

Packy's missions are great but TLC made me smash a TV, not a hint of exaggeration.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline ..Bruiser..

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2010, 12:58:13 pm »
Packy's missions are great but TLC made me smash a TV, not a hint of exaggeration.
I must admit throwing a controller against a wall first time round.

There was a mission in GTA3 which I failed a few times, a stiff in the boot and two cars try to run you off the road. I realised they were waiting before you start the mission so blew them up and steady drove to the end. No such glitches anymore.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline ..Bruiser..

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2010, 01:01:42 pm »
I did the same as you only didn't have time to finish it before RDR came to my door.  It is amazing how many missions you forget and how many time s I died as a result, I must admit though the three leaf clover mission ( Bank Job???) I did 1st time, as this was the most memorable from the 1st time around, plus you get oodles of $$$'s for doing it and then it's the missions after that you have to get rgiht or you money goes down big style every time you die, 10% hospital fees if I'm right?

Great game, love it and love the stories, can't wait for GTAV to come out now.  I'm sure Rockstar will have a belter for us next time as it'll take some surpassing to beat GTAIV, but I'm sure they'll find a way of doing it.
I didn't realise it was 10%. I used to just go back to the save before, I don't think it's cheating. It takes ages to go and get all the armour and weapons by retrying every time.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2010, 10:26:31 am »
I got stuck at the Final mission of VC ..I died about 12 times and then at a friends house I told him to sit in the corner and shut up because I need to concentrate  ;D

So after 5 deaths I won!

In GTA IV just before I really got used to it I failed miserably in every mission where you had to follow somebody

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2011, 11:36:27 pm »
I seem to remember the final mission on SA being ridiculously difficult, was in three parts I think. I can remember driving a tank somewhere, then walking through a building on fire and failing numerous times, then having to flee the area in the tank and failing a few more times. Every time I see this thread pop up I keep thinking there's news of GTA5, bring back the Jetpack and planes.

Offline wardides

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A FUCKING BEACH BALL
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2011, 11:40:01 pm »
Id love San Andreas on the ps3.Really would. Have it for the laptop but its not the same,and plus I cant get my ps3 controller to work on my laptop for some gay reason!
Bet 1, Lyon v B Munich...No Hat Trick @ 1.03.
Little does he know, he's left the Beatles and joined fucking Razorlight.

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2011, 07:28:51 am »
NO OFFICIAL THINgS in there!!! Just very strong rumours.

http://gta.wikia.com/GTA_V

And for the record I am pretty proud of myself finishing Vice City :D
Never really got going on SA because I didnt have it. :(

Offline crackerbox

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2011, 07:33:40 am »
PLUS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T0FMaRsfdg&feature=player_embedded

Rumours that this physics and graphics engine will be used.

Now I really hope that that is true.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2011, 08:03:54 am »
PLUS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T0FMaRsfdg&feature=player_embedded

Rumours that this physics and graphics engine will be used.

Now I really hope that that is true.

That looks amazing although I'm disappointed there are no hints of reflections on the road when it is raining. Hopefully that is something that would/has been fixed

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2011, 09:35:02 am »
That looks amazing although I'm disappointed there are no hints of reflections on the road when it is raining. Hopefully that is something that would/has been fixed

Got a feeling it'll buckle under the pressure. Imagine the framerate when theres a lot going on? (bullets, peds, cars, reflections). I'd rather have smooth gameplay when its 'on top' and sacrifice a little reality. Think a console generation after the PS3 might well be able to handle it, but not this one. I'd be more than willing to eat my hat though if it did.
"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2011, 09:35:06 am »
Id love San Andreas on the ps3.Really would. Have it for the laptop but its not the same,and plus I cant get my ps3 controller to work on my laptop for some gay reason!
Would be the ultimate. The only problem with going back and playing San Andreas now is that graphics are pretty poor. Update that and it would be heaven. I loved Samuel L Jackson and James Woods' voice work. Ryder paying homage to Eazy-E. Peter Fonda as The Truth. OG Loc. Just fantastic.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2011, 09:49:05 am »
Would be the ultimate. The only problem with going back and playing San Andreas now is that graphics are pretty poor. Update that and it would be heaven. I loved Samuel L Jackson and James Woods' voice work. Ryder paying homage to Eazy-E. Peter Fonda as The Truth. OG Loc. Just fantastic.

Spoiler

I liked the bit when I was going to see the mothership - thought there was going to be a real alien mothership in it :)

[close]
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.