Author Topic: Joey Barton. Bad wool.  (Read 120992 times)

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Re: Joey Barton. Bless.
« Reply #480 on: July 27, 2014, 01:38:36 pm »
That's really not the case though.Number of attacks and casualties tell the truth. But I guess this should be discussed in another thread.

Do you really think the vile oppressive behaviour of Israel against Palestinians over the past 60 years is not one of the crimes of the century?. If you think there is a fair fight going on you need another think. The west screwed up when we decided in the 40's to give away a country we did not own to give away. The Zionist methods of maintaining control by denying the Palestinians basic resources like roads, settlement, clean drinking water and a chance to earn a living is a total disgrace. There is a small scale war over there, but there is only one side acting as oppressor.

But... but... we have misunderstood them!!!!
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #481 on: July 27, 2014, 02:38:31 pm »
That's really not the case though.Number of attacks and casualties tell the truth. But I guess this should be discussed in another thread.

Do you really think the vile oppressive behaviour of Israel against Palestinians over the past 60 years is not one of the crimes of the century?. If you think there is a fair fight going on you need another think. The west screwed up when we decided in the 40's to give away a country we did not own to give away. The Zionist methods of maintaining control by denying the Palestinians basic resources like roads, settlement, clean drinking water and a chance to earn a living is a total disgrace. There is a small scale war over there, but there is only one side acting as oppressor.

After 60 or 70 years of atrocities on both sides we're way past the point of one side being good and one side being bad. The way I see it, there are two parties here and neither one of them is doing anything to resolve this problem, because they're both too entrenchend in their ways. I'm not talking about the people in general, but about the people in charge. There is no use saying the West fucked up 70 years ago, trying to find the one who started it all or to add up all the crimes either side has committed to find the one who's the worse. And that's what Barton is doing and it's completely useless - especially, if you consider the nature of Twitter which isn't made for lengthy discussions but rather for telling the world what you've had for lunch...

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #482 on: July 27, 2014, 06:04:53 pm »

After 60 or 70 years of atrocities on both sides we're way past the point of one side being good and one side being bad. The way I see it, there are two parties here and neither one of them is doing anything to resolve this problem, because they're both too entrenchend in their ways. I'm not talking about the people in general, but about the people in charge. There is no use saying the West fucked up 70 years ago, trying to find the one who started it all or to add up all the crimes either side has committed to find the one who's the worse. And that's what Barton is doing and it's completely useless - especially, if you consider the nature of Twitter which isn't made for lengthy discussions but rather for telling the world what you've had for lunch...
In Barton's case, I'd suggest it probably wasn't kosher, and has since, been regurgitated.  ;)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #483 on: July 27, 2014, 06:16:46 pm »

Totally agree. And it's already been pointed out in this thread that Barton believes that the west can stop it as soon as it wants to. Not true, it's far more complicated than that. You are talking about issues that have been rumbling on before most of us were even born. I don't knock Barton for speaking out but he's taking a very simplistic view that some of his 2 million or so Twitter followers will also take, that for me is quite disappointing.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #484 on: July 27, 2014, 06:19:31 pm »
Joey is on point with this disaster. Well in lad.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: July 27, 2014, 06:21:34 pm »
I dont agree with the Yossi view but to be fair hours before the tweet had he not just been attacked on the pitch?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: July 27, 2014, 06:32:10 pm »
Well done Joey Barton, and very poor form from Yossi, if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing. He can be patriotic and still be against the massacre of children, really should not have commented there. Good replies by Barton though to completely school him.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #487 on: August 28, 2014, 03:19:07 pm »
Great thread currently on Twitter after the Premier League asked for questions for Joey Barton. These Twitter people never learn do they? ;D

First two responses:

Tony ‏@tony_gooner  6m
@premierleague @QPRFC tell him hes a c*nt

Daniel Hynes ‏@daniel_hynes123  5m
@premierleague @QPRFC why are you a monumental cock?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #488 on: February 21, 2015, 04:10:14 pm »

« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 04:22:48 pm by Latenight Surfer »
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: February 21, 2015, 04:20:12 pm »
Captain fantastic
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: February 21, 2015, 04:25:42 pm »
Well done Joey Barton, and very poor form from Yossi, if you have nothing useful to say, say nothing. He can be patriotic and still be against the massacre of children, really should not have commented there. Good replies by Barton though to completely school him.

??? The purpose of debate is not to 'school people'.  I'm sure even Barton understands that.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: February 21, 2015, 04:26:57 pm »
 ;D

It had to happen, after his discussion with Carragher about how to be a good captain.  Here's a good tip: don't punch opposition players in the nuts...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #492 on: February 21, 2015, 11:35:53 pm »
8 games for QPR this season. 7 yellow cards and 1 red

Nothing like punching another player in the balls to show exactly what sort of player and person he is.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: February 21, 2015, 11:41:07 pm »
Barton steals the peach.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: February 21, 2015, 11:44:26 pm »
Once a gobshite, always a gobshite.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: February 22, 2015, 03:19:19 am »
1st Class TOOL
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #496 on: February 22, 2015, 04:38:46 am »
I don't know what he did in the game today but the guy is a fucking asshole. Quoting historical figures doesn't make you a saint. Sort your fucking head out, Joseph.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #497 on: February 22, 2015, 08:48:10 am »
I don't know what he did in the game today but the guy is a fucking asshole. Quoting historical figures doesn't make you a saint. Sort your fucking head out, Joseph.

Very presumptuous of you - gotta have something inside to sort out doncha? ;) ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 10:54:54 am by JohnnoWhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: February 22, 2015, 09:01:36 am »
8 games for QPR this season. 7 yellow cards and 1 red

Nothing like punching another player in the balls to show exactly what sort of player and person he is.

And don't forget that he is the captain... a true role model

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #499 on: February 22, 2015, 09:07:19 am »
I like Barton - and his outbursts ...hot-headed fucker yes, but he adds a bit of colour to the usual bland, tedious fuckin world of the Premier League player and their sleep inducing, media-friendly soundbites......surprisingly good pundit too - his recent stint on deadline day for 5 Live was more entertaining / interesting than virtually anything ive heard on there all season...came across as articulate, forthright and funny....three attributes that in the current world of football punditry are as rare as Steve Bruce beauty tips....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: February 22, 2015, 09:14:37 am »
I like Barton - and his outbursts ...hot-headed fucker yes, but he adds a bit of colour to the usual bland, tedious fuckin world of the Premier League player and their sleep inducing, media-friendly soundbites......surprisingly good pundit too - his recent stint on deadline day for 5 Live was more entertaining / interesting than virtually anything ive heard on there all season...came across as articulate, forthright and funny....three attributes that in the current world of football punditry are as rare as Steve Bruce beauty tips....

So's Nigel Frottage.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #501 on: February 22, 2015, 09:24:05 am »
So's Nigel Frottage.

to you maybe, not to me.......although if he punched Fuckwitted Pob lookalike Michael Gove in the bollocks he'd go up in my estimation
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #502 on: February 22, 2015, 09:24:49 am »
Regardless of his support for the Hillsborough campaign, he's still an absolute tool.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #503 on: February 22, 2015, 10:05:33 am »

I agree. He has elements of his personality that are shockingly bad but at least he has a bit of character

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #504 on: February 22, 2015, 10:56:29 am »
I agree. He has elements of his personality that are shockingly bad but at least he has a bit of character

Is your use of "character" a little euphemistic here  ::)?
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #505 on: February 23, 2015, 01:15:00 am »
Is your use of "character" a little euphemistic here  ::)?

hes been a dick head many many times in his life

Im just saying if I had to chose a pundit between Michael Owen and Joey Barton I'd pick Barton

just because he is a bit freer with his opinion and he can be funny to listen to. like he has had a less media training LOL

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: February 23, 2015, 01:27:18 am »
He's great when he says things you agree with.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: February 23, 2015, 05:41:37 am »

he have a bad character
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: February 23, 2015, 09:00:56 am »

Sorry but to me it sounds like you are saying he's a "character" - nudge nudge wink wink - which we all know is code for "an absolute dickhead on and off the pitch".  Tis a bit like how questioning the paternity of a player's kids is just "banter".

He's a prick.  A truly colossal prick with anger issues and violent tendencies.  I'm not overly fond of the bland pundits myself either but if the only way to make yourself interesting is to be a bad tempered weapon I'll leave it alone thanks.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 09:02:27 am by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #509 on: February 23, 2015, 09:40:39 am »
Sorry but to me it sounds like you are saying he's a "character" - nudge nudge wink wink - which we all know is code for "an absolute dickhead on and off the pitch".  Tis a bit like how questioning the paternity of a player's kids is just "banter".

He's a prick.  A truly colossal prick with anger issues and violent tendencies.  I'm not overly fond of the bland pundits myself either but if the only way to make yourself interesting is to be a bad tempered weapon I'll leave it alone thanks.

Don't put words in my mouth, no, I'm not saying hes a character...Im saying I like him....bit of a mad bastard at times but so what?.......and as well as being the antidote to Danny Mills...he's also had the bollocks to stick his head up and be counted over Hillsborough...which is a more than virtually any other Premier League player (including those at Liverpool) have done....so if you don't mind I'll save my vitriol for others more deserving...racist c*nts like John Terry, drug-test dodging narcissists like Rio Ferdinand, and a host of other mega-rich, tedious simpletons and mercenaries that populate the Premier League.....Joey's alright..I like him

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: February 23, 2015, 12:44:42 pm »

Don't put words in my mouth, no, I'm not saying hes a character...Im saying I like him....bit of a mad bastard at times but so what?.......and as well as being the antidote to Danny Mills...he's also had the bollocks to stick his head up and be counted over Hillsborough...which is a more than virtually any other Premier League player (including those at Liverpool) have done....so if you don't mind I'll save my vitriol for others more deserving...racist c*nts like John Terry, drug-test dodging narcissists like Rio Ferdinand, and a host of other mega-rich, tedious simpletons and mercenaries that populate the Premier League.....Joey's alright..I like him

Joey Barton - Sinner v Saint

> Stubbs cigar out on youth players eye
> Broke a pedestrians leg in a driving incident
> Assaulted a 15 year old Everton supporter while on tour in Asia
> Arrested on suspicion of assault and criminal damage on a taxi driver
> Assaulted team mate Ousmane Dabo
> Arrested again on suspicion of assault after punching a man 20 times
> Etc
> Etc
> Etc
> Etc
> Punches opponent in balls

> Barton makes witty comments while commentating
> Barton support for HJC

In all honesty if he didn't say anything positive about Hillsborough, and as a proper scouser you'd expect him to he'd be another Robbie Savage.

A complete waste of space and exemplifies everything that we aren't.

Can't wait till he fucks off to the MLS.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:46:25 pm by BarryCrocker »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #511 on: February 23, 2015, 01:42:38 pm »
The thing with Barton is that I reckon he's actually trying to better himself and trying to keep the wolf from the door, so to speak.  Trouble is, the mask slips every now and then and his inherently thuggish nature reveals itself.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #512 on: February 23, 2015, 05:09:37 pm »
In all honesty if he didn't say anything positive about Hillsborough, and as a proper scouser you'd expect him to he'd be another Robbie Savage.

seeing as you appear to like lists....list all the 'proper scousers' in football who've done half as much as him for the campaign

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: February 23, 2015, 05:48:21 pm »

That's the point though mate, I'm not putting words into your mouth, you're just disguising your own words. 

He's not a "mad bastard".  You're trying to paint him as a lovable rogue when in fact he's a thug with at least one criminal conviction and clearly cannot hold onto his temper in a profession that demands it.

He is equally deserving of vitriol in the same manner as Terry and Ferdinand.  About the only redeeming thing you can say is that he's not Ben Thatcher.  So you go ahead and like him if you want.  To my mind he's a Grade A asshole and his support for the Hillsborough campaign doesn't absolve him of that - it just proves that even he can't be a total idiot all of the time.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #514 on: February 23, 2015, 06:04:48 pm »
I'm not putting words into your mouth,

That's exactly what your doing.....for the second time....so we'll leave it at that.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: February 23, 2015, 06:10:08 pm »

Can't wait till he fucks off to the MLS.
He couldn't get in the USA when NUFC did their pre season there in 2011 with his criminal conviction.

No MLS for him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/8633923/Newcastle-Uniteds-Joey-Barton-criticises-American-immigration-laws-on-Twitter.html
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:09:10 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline SeanAxion

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #516 on: March 17, 2015, 07:43:58 am »

Just gonna leave this here...

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: March 17, 2015, 08:02:24 am »
Bloke is a fucking nut job, absolute scum of the Earth.

It used to piss me the hell off when Newcastle United were still paying him when he was in Jail.

What he has done, still doing for HJC is commendable and I thank him for that, however, is the sly little c*nt not doing it to receive attention and pats on the back?

Offline Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
« Reply #518 on: June 23, 2016, 11:45:23 am »
This is brilliant.  ;D Press CC for English subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKEQ7NtiS8k
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: June 23, 2016, 12:05:58 pm »
I love the fact that Barton was spoutin about his love for Morrissey and The Smiths.
Morrissey deflects his advances and is next seen in the tunnel at Landsdowne Road with his cousin Robbie Keane.

I'd love to have seen Barton's reaction to that.
Cause I can't see Keane being that pushed on Mozzer's records.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 12:07:50 pm by the good half »