Author Topic: Joey Barton. Bad wool.  (Read 120492 times)

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Joey Barton - neglected visionary or egotistical twat? Discuss.
« Reply #360 on: April 4, 2014, 12:22:41 pm »
What's that got to do with anything?
My point was plenty of people given the opportunity have told him exactly what they think, the very fact that some people don't have any time of day for him, surely suggests that they wouldn't waste their time, effort, energy and breathe - telling Joey something he's heard a 1000 times before, nothing to do with bottle (obviously, its joey barton wearing a hairband)

At the end of the day, he definetly divides opinion; personally speaking I thought he was a great player for 18 months at Man City under Sven - since then he has been a mediocre footballer making headlines off his actions rather than footballing ability.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2014, 12:24:21 pm by C »
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #361 on: April 4, 2014, 12:26:55 pm »
Some of things he's done are just vile, that isn't open for debate, his crimes, and they are crimes, are well documented.  He's been convicted twice by a criminal court, his actions are not those of a well adjusted person, there isn't much discussion to be had there.

He's been charged three times by the FA with violent conduct, the last one two years ago.  When you add this to his two convictions for violence related crimes, it's not a huge leap to come to the conclusion that he isn't a very nice person.

Obviously people can change and I'd imagine most of us have done things we're not proud of, I know I have, but only time can judge whether someone has truly changed. 

I find his comments interesting, I often agree with them, as I do on this occasion, his backing of the Hillsborough campaign was a brilliant thing to do, but that shouldn't cloud the fact that his recent past is littered with controversy, the majority brought upon himself.

Of course people wouldn't have a go at him to his face, he has a history of violence.

So now we have gone from what was a normal interview with the BBC, to a neglected visionary, to an egostistical twat and now we are at his past. Come to all the conclusions that you want; as said earlier, I'm not going to defend him. Not only because I can't, but I won't - If he was here right now, he'd do a perfectly good job of defending himself, himself...

But now we have come far wide from the mark. What was originally an interview on the BBC has now turned into a character deconstruction.

My point was plenty of people given the opportunity have told him exactly what they think, the very fact that some people don't have any time of day for him, surely suggests that they wouldn't waste their time, effort, energy and breathe - telling Joey something he's heard a 1000 times before, nothing to do with bottle (obviously, its joey barton wearing a hairband)

At the end of the day, he definetly divides opinion; personally speaking I thought he was a great player for 18 months at Man City under Sven - since then he has been a mediocre footballer making headlines off his actions rather than footballing ability.

Ok.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2014, 12:51:19 pm by Shauno »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: April 4, 2014, 12:29:20 pm »
It's just Joey's response to Sol Campbell's attempt at publicising his book.

Joey's just Joey, you know...........

Yeah that was my first thought?

As for some of the shit he's done, I've made enough mistakes to know shit happens in life but I'm not looked at as a roll model.
He's helped with the justice campaign but he doesn't help himself at times. As for all that, I don't really have strong opinions on the bloke.
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #363 on: April 4, 2014, 12:37:05 pm »
He's a character and there is not enough of them these days in the age of the pampered millionaire footballer.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #364 on: April 4, 2014, 12:44:21 pm »
He's a character and there is not enough of them these days in the age of the pampered millionaire footballer.

He did something quite recently which was very altruistic and kind-hearted. Hasn't been reported in the papers (Like you'd expect) and whilst it doesn't go a long way to proving anything about his character, he isn't the infernal c*nt that people make him out to be.

And to get back on track. Do you know what? I actually believe that he could have been a great player had he not been (self admittedly) totally undisciplined. He's also right on the money with Rooney. Rooney could have been a fucking top, top, top player, if only he had a little more discipline himself.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Joey Barton. Bless.
« Reply #365 on: April 4, 2014, 12:53:08 pm »
Rooney has been a staple in arguably United's greatest ever spell. He's been central to them reaching 3 European Cup finals, winning one (same amount as Ronaldo) and also bagging 6 league titles.

He's also on course for being their top goalscorer, ever.

This isnt to say he couldnt have done more, he could. But that's a hell of a record, a world class record.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #366 on: April 4, 2014, 12:56:15 pm »
Rooney has been a staple in arguably United's greatest ever spell. He's been central to them reaching 3 European Cup finals, winning one (same amount as Ronaldo) and also bagging 6 league titles.

He's also on course for being their top goalscorer, ever.

This isnt to say he couldnt have done more, he could. But that's a hell of a record, a world class record.

Can't deny that, and it could also be Barton's bitterness creeping in; he's a die-hard bluenose and well... make of that what you will.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: April 4, 2014, 01:44:18 pm »
His comments on Rooney aren't the issue, it's that in describing Rooney as 'not world class' he in the very same interview refers to himself as 'a top player'.

Deluded.
If someone has played in the top league in the country, they are top class, have reached the pinnacle of the game in this country where all players in all divisions want to be

Hasn't described himself as world class or international class that I've seen, but has played at the top level here for a sustained period

How he has used that talent is open to debate, but I don't think he's wrong there
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #368 on: April 13, 2014, 09:32:07 pm »
just listened to the full interview between Barton and Clive Woodward on the BBC podcast

IMO he doesnt really come across as an arrogant dick but as someone who basically acknowledges their own weaknesses

it makes pretty interesting listening and he doesnt shirk from the things he has done

he really doesnt come across as particularly smart as Woodward continually tries to ask a question and he either doesnt understand it first go round or his answer starts wandering off as he answers

but then again, he doesnt profess to be particularly smart but does acknowledge he is trying to improve himself

I think most of believe in second chances and I really applaud the fact that he has enough character to go on twitter and say whatever the hell he wants

none of us have to agree with him and why the hell should we care what he says anyway

it did make for an interesting interview anyway even if you just look at it from the point of view of someone acknowledge to be truly successful in their field (woodward) interviews a former PL footballer who has personality issues

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: May 10, 2014, 06:13:33 pm »
He's having a laugh, surely.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: May 10, 2014, 06:26:45 pm »
Of course he is. Pretty funny as well
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: May 10, 2014, 07:13:58 pm »
He's having a laugh, surely.
He is a fantastic troll,actually his trolling is better than his football.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #372 on: May 29, 2014, 10:39:52 pm »
On Question Time now. :o
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #373 on: May 29, 2014, 10:42:49 pm »
On Question Time now. :o

He's a pseudo-intellectual of the highest calibre. He will talk in his posh, non-scouse voice as well. Massive bellend.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: May 29, 2014, 10:51:10 pm »
Hahah he's going at it with that UKIP lady.. Fun viewing this!
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #375 on: May 29, 2014, 10:54:37 pm »
What a fucking bell.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #376 on: May 30, 2014, 03:36:11 am »
Just saw a clip of this Hipster, Nietsche quoting idiot on Question Time. At one point he talks about the 34% of people registered to vote in the UK who actually turned out to vote. "Only 34% have showed up to vote, what about the other......" and then you can see in his face he has no idea what the difference between 34% and 100% is. It's golden.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #377 on: May 30, 2014, 03:49:18 am »
Just saw a clip of this Hipster, Nietsche quoting idiot on Question Time. At one point he talks about the 34% of people registered to vote in the UK who actually turned out to vote. "Only 34% have showed up to vote, what about the other......" and then you can see in his face he has no idea what the difference between 34% and 100% is. It's golden.

I laughed at that. He said something like "the other sixt... the other voters...." :D

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: May 30, 2014, 12:37:47 pm »
i thought he gave a good account of himself on question time ..  I liked his ukip being the least ugly bird analogy

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #379 on: May 30, 2014, 12:50:51 pm »
i thought he gave a good account of himself on question time ..  I liked his ukip being the least ugly bird analogy

The "ugliest" 'bird' of the Conservatives is the one that has helped out the most from that side for Hillsborough.

I'm not sure what their looks have to do with anything. I think he has good political views, but he spoils it by being a sexist, stupid twat.

Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #380 on: May 30, 2014, 12:52:33 pm »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #381 on: May 30, 2014, 01:01:56 pm »
The "ugliest" 'bird' of the Conservatives is the one that has helped out the most from that side for Hillsborough.

Nah. You cant give May any credit for that. Firstly the overwhelming pressure from Andy Burnham, Steve Rotheram and the 100,000+ names on that petition forced this over the political divide. Also there was no way she was ever going to dismiss the evidence dug up by the hillsborough independent panel.

I agree they were stupid sexist views by Barton though

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: May 30, 2014, 01:24:36 pm »

I'm not sure what their looks have to do with anything. I think he has good political views, but he spoils it by being a sexist, stupid twat.

The four ugly girls comment is sexist?

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
  • DING DING ! All aboard the offended bus
« Reply #383 on: May 30, 2014, 01:35:00 pm »

Not to me , maybe I'm sexist too , saying that I'm usually home before the end of a club with a tidy bird with massive jugs .
JFT96

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: May 30, 2014, 01:46:33 pm »
Not to me , maybe I'm sexist too , saying that I'm usually home before the end of a club with a tidy bird with massive jugs .

*Insert female relative joke here*

Offline jameshay

• Kopite
« Reply #385 on: May 30, 2014, 01:50:32 pm »
What's wrong with being sexy?
poetry in motion

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #386 on: May 30, 2014, 02:18:18 pm »
I asked in here what he had said last night, thinking I had missed it.

Having watched it, I realise I had in fact seen it, but just didn't think anything of it. Harmless stuff.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #387 on: May 30, 2014, 02:21:38 pm »
LMAO of course it is

How are you going to compare 4 political parties to four women you want to fuck?

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #388 on: May 30, 2014, 02:22:17 pm »
Nah. You cant give May any credit for that. Firstly the overwhelming pressure from Andy Burnham, Steve Rotheram and the 100,000+ names on that petition forced this over the political divide. Also there was no way she was ever going to dismiss the evidence dug up by the hillsborough independent panel.

I agree they were stupid sexist views by Barton though

Thanks for the reasoned response, probably correct to be fair mate.

Having said that I've been there all the way as well.

Offline QC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: May 30, 2014, 02:27:08 pm »
LMAO of course it is

How are you going to compare 4 political parties to four women you want to fuck?

That's not what he did though is it. He made an analogy about making a judgment based on appearance - offensive? Most likely. Sexist? No.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #390 on: May 30, 2014, 02:28:26 pm »
That's not what he did though is it. He made an analogy about making a judgment based on appearance - offensive? Most likely. Sexist? No.

Spot on.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #391 on: May 30, 2014, 02:40:53 pm »
and then you can see in his face he has no idea what the difference between 34% and 100% is. It's golden.

thats hilarious

I support him for having an opinion and not being a bland PR prepared footballer

but seriously, just because he is now catching up on education that he missed out on when he was 11-16 does not make him worthy of being particularly respected for

he reminds me a lot of robbie savage. you can respect him as a player but the two of them seem to have carved out some kind of niche in the wider media for themselves having no discernible particular skill set other than having an honest opinion and the guts to voice it

both are them are pretty thick, never won anything, never played for great teams but have played at the Premier League level for a decent amount of time
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 02:42:30 pm by AndyInVA »

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #392 on: May 30, 2014, 03:06:43 pm »
Hahaha fair enough, on my own.

I like Joey for the record.

Having said that, why were they all females considering the panel wasn't all female, but it's whatever I don't actually care that much.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: May 30, 2014, 03:08:27 pm »

Nah, not on you're own.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline QC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: May 30, 2014, 03:20:02 pm »

I like Joey for the record.

Having said that, why were they all females considering the panel wasn't all female, but it's whatever I don't actually care that much.

He was referring to the wider political choice with his analogy - not the panelists at hand...

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #395 on: May 30, 2014, 03:23:07 pm »
Spot on.

Exactly, spot on
Yes he did.

He compared the four political parties to four women he might fuck, but they were "ugly". That's what he did. I actually rated the rest of what he said, he's a good lad is Joey, but he let himself down there in that moment, his reaction after he said it confirms that I'm right. Get annoyed at the woman who pronounced that "all footballers have their brains in their feet" which was just as sexist. I didn't say that either, but I still find that offensive as well.

He didn't say "you're all ugly politicians" or "your politics is ugly all on four sides", he compared the four parties to ugly women he wouldn't talk to, let alone dare have a sexual relationship with, come on ffs.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:27:05 pm by Hij »

Offline Hoppy

• Wino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack Attack Attack
« Reply #396 on: May 30, 2014, 03:29:36 pm »
He couldn't think on his feet quick enough IMO and it showed him up to be the thick fucker he really is.  Him not knowing the basic maths of 100 - 34 is 66 really highlights the point.

I actually don't mind him, but him giving it all on Twitter trying to be someone he clearly isn't and now showing up on QT as some kind of opinionated expert is comical. 
In for a week, Out for a month....Duncan is a Tampon!

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #397 on: May 30, 2014, 03:32:12 pm »
For the record, I like Joey Barton and I like I've said I rate most of what he says, he was probably the most left wing person on the panel. But he fucked up there, that's all.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #398 on: May 30, 2014, 03:46:20 pm »
He's a fucking tit that tries far, far too hard.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: May 30, 2014, 03:53:06 pm »
He's an absolute state of a person to be fair. Every now and then a Tweet of his pops up and I think, yeah fair play Joey. Followed him once or twice after this, and realised it was an utter mistake because most of what he does say is utter drivel.

I don't think what he said was particularly sexist to be honest, but it was pub talk and not fitting for a discussion on TV. And he did fuck up saying it because it's inevitable such a crass analogy would cause some offense, and quite rightly so.