Author Topic: Kanye West  (Read 64820 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: Kanye West
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2010, 01:17:19 pm »
 ;D @J73

Ya daft apeth! you could've spent that time listening to some proper music ;)

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2010, 01:17:58 pm »
Uh oh...the hip hop police is here.
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2010, 01:21:30 pm »
;D @J73

Ya daft apeth! you could've spent that time listening to some proper music ;)

To be fair. I've never know the movement to be so dead/banal/bland as it currently is.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2010, 01:24:54 pm »
Uh oh...the hip hop police is here.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iCKQLCX_jE?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7iCKQLCX_jE?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2010, 01:43:20 pm »
 ::) Who cares whether it's real hip hop or a mainstream mix between pop/hip hop/electro (or whatever the fuck). It is what it is.
Fucking hate it when people try to push music in one genre and if it doesn't fit then it commercial shite and of course they're too good to listen to anything like that.
Please save our poor mainstream souls with your majestic music. We have no idea about 'real' music.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline Myshkin

• Kopite
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2010, 01:53:18 pm »
::) Who cares whether it's real hip hop or a mainstream mix between pop/hip hop/electro (or whatever the fuck). It is what it is.
Fucking hate it when people try to push music in one genre and if it doesn't fit then it commercial shite and of course they're too good to listen to anything like that.
Please save our poor mainstream souls with your majestic music. We have no idea about 'real' music.

Completely agree with that.

Anyone seen the album credits? So many huge artists on it. Rihanna sings most of 'All Of The Lights' and isn't even featured, I think I can hear Fergie and Alicia Keys in it too. Elton John and other musicians contributed to the album too.

Won't listen to him on principle.

I think he's a racist.

Just my views, not the views of RAWK.  ;)

I read a lot of people saying similar things but I'm not sure where they get it from, unless I've missed stuff he's said/done in the past. Could you elaborate on it for me?

Offline woz92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2010, 01:55:22 pm »

Agree!!!!!!!! Theres a reason why music becomes mainstream.......becuase people like it and they think its good!!! But the HipHop Police of RAWK will have none of that because Kanye's not 'cool' anymore... If this was his debut album and no one had heard of him, everyone would be wanking over it by now...
YNWA 96

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2010, 01:58:19 pm »
Its got fuck all to do with hip hop FFS!! shit is shit,whatever genre

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2010, 02:01:11 pm »
Hate his shit music. First album was good but to this day i will never forget the day i listened to his second album. Sat on my PC for an hour, enduring his crap track after track. Most painful hour ive sat listening to an album. Some revolutionised jazz and blues crap that was probably fitting for my granddad to listen to.

Have never listened to another album of his since. All of his singles have been shit too since Jesus Walks and Through the Wire.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2010, 02:01:31 pm »
Its got fuck all to do with hip hop FFS!! shit is shit,whatever genre
But it's not shit. I don't think it is anyway, I like the lyrics and the beat. And it's his vision, very creative, not the usual I'm a pimp and you a ho- kind of stuff.
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2010, 02:07:14 pm »
But it's not shit. I don't think it is anyway, I like the lyrics and the beat. And it's his vision, very creative, not the usual I'm a pimp and you a ho- kind of stuff.
You obviously dont listen to a lot of it then

Like i said,fuck all to do with hip hop.....And as for creative,dont make me laugh!!

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2010, 02:19:13 pm »
Rihanna, John Legend, Beyoncé, Kid Cudi, Jay-Z, Chris Rock, Swizz Beats...

Mr West got some decent guest artists in a great album.
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2010, 02:20:30 pm »
Great Album, a return to form for Kanye.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2010, 02:26:13 pm »
You obviously dont listen to a lot of it then
On the College Dropout there's only 2 songs that may qualify as a pimp and ho- song.
On Graduation again, only 2.
And in 808 maybe the Robocop song, but not really.
I think you could go hours discussing what is creative and what isn't and for me his new album is really creative. I like it a lot and the more I listen to it, the more I like it.
I don't care whether it's real hiphop or not, I enjoy it.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2010, 02:28:23 pm »
On the College Dropout there's only 2 songs that may qualify as a pimp and ho- song.
I think you could go hours discussing what is creative and what isn't and for me his new album is really creative. I like it a lot and the more I listen to it, the more I like it.
:champ
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2010, 02:29:10 pm »
Stop going on about hip hop!! im not saying its shit,cos im some sort of hip hop snob.im saying its shit because its shit.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2010, 02:31:25 pm »
Stop going on about hip hop!! im not saying its shit,cos im some sort of hip hop snob.im saying its shit because its shit.
Ok and I'm saying it's not shite because of the reasons I gave in the thread. I only brought up the tracks because when I said it wasn't some typical shit, you said it was.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2010, 02:34:27 pm »
Ok and I'm saying it's not shite because of the reasons I gave in the thread. I only brought up the tracks because when I said it wasn't some typical shit, you said it was.
I never said it was,you said it wasnt the normal type pimp n ho stuff.to which i replied you obviously dont listen to a lot then - meaning not all hip hop is pimp n ho type rubbish

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2010, 02:35:52 pm »
I never said it was,you said it wasnt the normal type pimp n ho stuff.to which i replied you obviously dont listen to a lot then - meaning not all hip hop is pimp n ho type rubbish

Real hip hop is definitely not the 50 cent type pimps n ho's shit.
psn = Lents123

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 24, 2010, 02:37:58 pm »
Oh misunderstood sorry, what I meant was that it's different from the commercial stuff. Which usually is about pimps and hos. Not from hip hop in general.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2010, 03:35:59 pm »
im not saying its shit,cos im some sort of hip hop snob.im saying its shit because its shit.

I thought you haven't listened to the new album yet?
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2010, 03:41:33 pm »
Surely this is irony, if not..........
I was calling Capon a lyrical genius.  :D

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2010, 03:49:07 pm »
Surely this is irony, if not..........
I was calling Capon a lyrical genius.  :D

Yo KerryKop and Nicholasanthony I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish, but Capon Debaser and Eileen's argument on Kanye is the greatest of all time!

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2010, 05:57:10 pm »
Yo KerryKop and Nicholasanthony I'm real happy for you and Imma let you finish, but Capon Debaser and Eileen's argument on Kanye is the greatest of all time!

:lmao :lmao

Offline Mikuss

• Dynamo Midfielder
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • PSN- Mikuss
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2010, 07:02:22 pm »
Everyones writing down their thoughts on the album as if they're based on fact. Everyone should just agree to disagree and get on with it.
It IS a top album though ;)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2010, 07:06:35 pm »
Everyones writing down their thoughts on the album as if they're based on fact. Everyone should just agree to disagree and get on with it.
It IS a top album though ;)

It's just like watching youtube.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2010, 07:46:53 pm »
I stupidly fell for the hype and so far at most it is an average pop album. The good parts are usually the parts not involving Kanye.

How indulgent do you have to be to stick two 8 minute tracks in the middle of an album ?

The only song I like so far after four run throughs of the whole album is this

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EhYDUHHOx4M?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/EhYDUHHOx4M?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

I'll give it another few listens out of respect for the volume of good reviews but I am fairly certain it won't make a difference
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline Myshkin

• Kopite
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2010, 12:14:42 am »
How indulgent do you have to be to stick two 8 minute tracks in the middle of an album ?

The album is all about himself, so of course it's going to be indulgent. Everything good and bad about Kanye is on the album which is part of what makes it so great to me.

I liked the 35 minute video of his too.

Offline Ecuared

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2010, 02:26:18 am »
I've listened to the album twice now, and it's really good, but I wouldn't say a classic. I just don't think he's a very good rapper, and his flow is too repetitive to carry an album. Also I find it overproduced, but that's admittedly a personal thing so I can't hold it against him as the production is good.

Again, I just wish he was a more skilled rapper, because when he's for it he's a really good artist.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2010, 02:52:35 am »
I think it's boss.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2010, 03:29:58 am »
He's clearly not the best rapper ever, nowhere near in fact. But to say that this album isn't at worst hugely creative and imaginative is mental. Personally I love it. He is a bona-fide superstar IMO, he has a huge ego and some major problems, but it helps him produce some brilliant music.
Twitter

Betfair referral code: 7X3XLFRPH

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2010, 04:40:19 am »
If you see it like I do, as a pop album and not hip-hop, you'll appreciate how class it is.

It's not the best hip-hop album of this year, but it's definitely one of the best mainstream albums.

I dont really give a shit what genre it is, Mainstream our Underground they should be all judged the same

Rihanna, John Legend, Beyoncé, Kid Cudi, Jay-Z, Chris Rock, Swizz Beats...

Mr West got some decent guest artists in a great album.

Oh Jebus

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2010, 05:59:56 pm »
toast for the douchebags, assholes, scumbags, jerkoffs.... Best bit of the album!
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2010, 03:26:48 pm »
The only argument to be had is whether or not Kanye is a full blown twat or not.

The album is pure class.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2010, 06:24:33 pm »
I like it, but don't think he'll ever top Late Registration in my eyes, although he came fairly close with Graduation. Only listened to it the once all the way through though.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2010, 09:31:03 pm »
He is currently working on a album with Jay-Z; this song will probably end up on the album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngDSSVOZObw&feature=related

Produced by Pete Rock.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 09:36:00 pm by Illmatic »
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2010, 10:03:41 pm »
He is currently working on a album with Jay-Z; this song will probably end up on the album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngDSSVOZObw&feature=related

Produced by Pete Rock.

Not a very good song in my honest opinion, at least not after the first listening.
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2010, 10:08:58 pm »
Not a very good song in my honest opinion, at least not after the first listening.

I like it, as it is very laid back that kind of hip hop is acquired taste in my opinion.
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Myshkin

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2010, 10:11:50 pm »
I like it, as it is very laid back that kind of hip hop is acquired taste in my opinion.

Yeah I like it. It sounds like the old sample heavy Kanye.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2010, 10:55:22 pm »
I haven't bought anything from Kanye since his second album but the reviews of this have tempted me. Funnily enough I was driving today with random albums playing, and the college dropout came on. I hadn't heard it for about three years but enjoyed hearing it again, a very good album.  I remember seeing Kanye in the apollo with Talib Kweli not long after that came out and it was a great concert. Having enjoyed it, I went to see him again in the NEC a year or two later and it was bollocks, obnoxious, all-style with no substance, which is what Late Registration was*. Still, maybe I will pick this up tomorrow and give it a chance.

* for the most part. I always thought "Gone" was a great song.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 10:57:32 pm by Slick_Beef »