Author Topic: Liverpool 2 - Blackburn 1, 28/02/10 - In-Game Commentary & post-match reaction  (Read 54017 times)

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/rafa-on-duo-and-allardyce

Repeatedly pressed on negative comments by Sam Allardyce before the game, Benitez replied: "We prefer to talk on the pitch.

"We can win on the pitch and enjoy. Some people have to talk before or after the press conference because it's more difficult for them to do a football job.

"I think he's a model for managers all around the world. I am sure his style of football, his behaviour - everything. It's the perfect model for all the kids.

"The style of football - I am sure Barcelona are thinking about copying the style."

Any video links for that?

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
I thought some of the movement and passing in the first half was very good. Masch was superb at right back and maybe at home he should continue to play there until Johno comes back, he did give us a lot more than Carra does there. A win is all we need at this point in the season. A nice long rest before our next game now and it will be tiring playing on that pitch at Wigan.
Glad to see Torres back on the scoresheet again

Heard this morning that they will be re surfacing the pitch at Wigan before we play, so good news on that front.

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
Rafa would have been better waiting until our style of play had considerably improved before coming out with those comments. our football is absolutely atrocious at the moment

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rafa would have been better waiting until our style of play had considerably improved before coming out with those comments. our football is absolutely atrocious at the moment

Come out later with those comments? Shall we say, a week from now? It takes daft, coward, boys to make statements later on, with the help of fellow cowards...

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
BTW...the news from the Northern border here in Skem....apparantly the pitch at Wigan has been relaid....
And Stevie Jones...involved in the Glenbuck Memorial restoration a while back...gives us a PM...Skem cousin needs to know how you are matey...No panics....just interested...Ta..

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
Heard this morning that they will be re surfacing the pitch at Wigan before we play, so good news on that front.
Thank you Robbie Martinez, Rafa's amigo.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
With other results going the way they did 3 points was imperative and we did that. Messy game at times but the build up to the first goal was brilliant with Gerrard marauding in and Bossi doing his stuff in and around the penalty area.

Blackburn are horrible shits and were let off lightly by Wiley.

Our next 2 league games are on consecutive Monday nights. Both perfectly winnable.

If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Thank you Robbie Martinez, Rafa's amigo.
Excellent news though we do have experience of playing on a crap pitch after Unirea on Thursday

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
What a bunch of horrible dogs Blackburn are, lead by an obnoxious, loathsome manager.

Made up with the win but can anyone tell me exactly what happened between the 60th and 65th minute because until then we played really well and from then on we resembled a 2nd division side. We lost our ability to pass, coherence and just sat back and let those animals at us.

And Masch, oh Masch...how wonderful you are....what is it now, 5, 6 or 7 man of the match performances on the trot.
I guess that we ran out of steam. Don't forget that we had just returned from Romania on Friday Morning, in addition Torres and Benny are only just back to the squad. Blackburn have had a week plus to prepare.
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Online Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/rafa-on-duo-and-allardyce

Repeatedly pressed on negative comments by Sam Allardyce before the game, Benitez replied: "We prefer to talk on the pitch.

"We can win on the pitch and enjoy. Some people have to talk before or after the press conference because it's more difficult for them to do a football job.

"I think he's a model for managers all around the world. I am sure his style of football, his behaviour - everything. It's the perfect model for all the kids.

"The style of football - I am sure Barcelona are thinking about copying the style."

;D

Like it.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Best Rafa quotes so far?
« Reply #330 on: February 28, 2010, 08:11:36 pm »
Rafa's quote would have been funny last season but in all honesty this term has seen us play as bad as the likes of Stoke going forward, without the physicality.

Dont think Barca are gonna try to copy our style either.

Full expect to be lambasted for saying so, but its the truth, we've played some horribly boring and negative football this campaign.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Best Rafa quotes so far?
« Reply #331 on: February 28, 2010, 08:15:20 pm »
Rafa's quote would have been funny last season but in all honesty this term has seen us play as bad as the likes of Stoke going forward, without the physicality.

Dont think Barca are gonna try to copy our style either.

Full expect to be lambasted for saying so, but its the truth, we've played some horribly boring and negative football this campaign.

There's a difference between Fat Sam playing it throughout his managerial career because it's all he knows, and us doing temporarily in order to try and get back on track. Perhaps also he was refering to his teams trying to kick the opposition in every game.

Unless you're suggesting this is how we've always played under Rafa?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: February 28, 2010, 08:17:38 pm »
Nope not all his career, but its definately been there since he arrived.

Anyways. this is a positive Rafa thread dont want to hijack it with any negativity , just thought the quote was a touch hypocritical.

Offline JanMolby05

• Anny Roader
  • is right
« Reply #333 on: February 28, 2010, 08:18:27 pm »
I agree Brentie, Fat Sam is a fucking tosser, Rafa shouldn't even stoop to his level.
"If my assistant referee had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off keeper Petr Cech."

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: February 28, 2010, 08:19:24 pm »
Nope not all his career, but its definately been there since he arrived.

Anyways. this is a positive Rafa thread dont want to hijack it with any negativity , just thought the quote was a touch hypocritical.

Can't agree with you on the last bit. It's clear to me it's not.

the first part, are you referring to Rafa or Fat Sam?

Offline Brentieke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: February 28, 2010, 08:22:36 pm »
Can't agree with you on the last bit. It's clear to me it's not.

the first part, are you referring to Rafa or Fat Sam?

Rafa. I think our style of football since he arrived has always had a touch of the negative, defensive and lacking in creativity.

We've had spells where we've had a fantastic style ( 05/06, last few months last year) but in general I dont think many kids around the world would dream of playing like us, or sides like Barca looking to copy us.

Anyways again, thats for another thread.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: February 28, 2010, 08:31:39 pm »
I think it's a little more complicated than that and what Rafa deems 'controlling' may seem boring to some because it isn't Barcelona but it's a world away from Fat Sam's tactics, hence why I can't see it being hypocritical.

Yeah, that's for a another thread though

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
I loved Stevie pulling the strings in midfield.  That marauding run when he scored is when he's at his best. 

Offline usernamefc

• Kinky Winky Apiary Japery
  • Legacy Fan
Whether or not it hurt the player makes no difference.  He 100% with intent kicked him in the chest.  Was a blatant red by the letter of the law and also common bloody sense.
That's what I was saying, I was just defending maxi's "rolling around". I said it was a clear red card and that a studs to the chest hurts so he has a right to roll around...

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
Not seen anything of the match and I do not watch Match of the Day, so I have read what is on here.  Were Blackburn that ditry?

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Yes. Hacking away at shins, scraping studs down calves, throwing down with arms, ramming studs into stomachs, shoulder-barges into backs, sliding in with no chance of winning the ball, the works

Offline The Finn

• Legacy Fan
Not seen anything of the match and I do not watch Match of the Day, so I have read what is on here.  Were Blackburn that ditry?

25 fouls to 11, 5 yellows to 1 (which was for time wasting in the 90th minute on Lucas)

they were dirty c*nts from the off

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
Yes. Hacking away at shins, scraping studs down calves, throwing down with arms, ramming studs into stomachs, shoulder-barges into backs, sliding in with no chance of winning the ball, the works

Worse than when Tommy Smith used to play for us?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not seen anything of the match and I do not watch Match of the Day,

Why do you not watch MOTD?  Is this a self imposed 'ban' for some reason?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.

Don't forget trying to garotte Lucas too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability

I know what you're saying, but we can still knowck it about - the first goal is testament to that.

Offline Moe Szyslak

• Anny Roader
Any news on Aggers injury, I haven't seen the game yet and just saw it mentioned on the official site?

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #347 on: February 28, 2010, 09:23:21 pm »
I thought he was talking about their style of play not ours, perhaps not :P

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
"Some people have to talk before or after the press conference because it's more difficult for them to do a football job.

I know I'll get slated on here, but that's embarrassing. Especially given how we've played all season. It seems that sarcasm has become Rafa's new 'thing' and it's not especially endearing. He's a better man than that.

Offline WhoseLeftFoot?

• Anny Roader
The worst for me was the targetting of Pepe with elbows to try and "shake him up" I assume.

A fucking disgrace.

Fat sam belongs in the stocks - except he'd probably eat all the food that was chucked at him, the fat fuck.
They cured my multiple personality disorder - but where am I now when I need me?

WUM eater - and I'm hungry ;)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
I know I'll get slated on here, but that's embarrassing. Especially given how we've played all season. It seems that sarcasm has become Rafa's new 'thing' and it's not especially endearing. He's a better man than that.

What would have been embarassing would be if he had sunk to Allardyce' level of childish remarks, imo Rafa
established his intellectual and managerial superiority yet again by showing Fathead up for what he is yet again.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline WhoseLeftFoot?

• Anny Roader

Sorry mate, but in a word, Bollocks.

He's fucked if he does and fucked if he doesn't - so he might as well go for it and have a good giggle about it with his staff and players.

No offense, it's just that he can't win with the gobshite press out to get him from any angle they can - and as we know, sarcasm puzzles lower life forms ;)
They cured my multiple personality disorder - but where am I now when I need me?

WUM eater - and I'm hungry ;)

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Firstly, big round of applause for the mad woman in the upper centenary who wouldnt stop singing  :wellin

right, the game.
first half we looked ok, decent movent, Gerrard and Kuyt looked excellent. I thought maxi did ok today in a difficult game,
Second half we were woeful, it was head tennis all the way. The ball never touched the ground.We played into their hands, and just kept handing them possession !!!!
Sam Allerdyce, why dont you round up that team of anti football, talentless hoofing c*nts, jump on a bus with the stoke squad and all of yous fuck off somewhere where i never have to watch your set piece, long ball, talentless shite !
I'm off to thaw out now, it was fucking freezing today.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
I reckon our game on Thursday probably took more out of us than we thought. Blackburn looked sharper and quicker to the ball from the first minute. In fairness they had the better chances throughout but Pepe was outstanding and we stood up to their route one shite pretty well when they reverted to form.
 Mascherano was excellent again in an unfamiliar position and Maxi had his best game for us, chipped in with an assist as well. Thought Lucas's ball through to Torres in the build up to the second was top quality, if he can produce that more often he'll turn out to be some player.
 Blackburn have got to be the dirtiest shower of c*nts I've seen at Anfield for some time. I was quite impressed with them for a bit but they soon went back to what they know best. How the fuck that bloke didn't get sent off for shoving Lucas to the ground is beyond me. Diouf? Fuck off and die you twat.
 Our performance was poor for long periods to be honest. Scored 2 great goals but the last half hour was painful, we just sat back and allowed them to launch long balls into our box. There was an incident near the end where they had a throw in in their own half and it was fucking clear the bloke would throw it back to Robinson to launch it. Is it too much to expect one of our lads to have the nous to cover the keeper and make them work an opening instead of just letting them do basically what they wanted?
 Anyway, the result was the main thing today and we got it. We have Torres and Yossi back looking sharp and if we can win the next 2 things will be looking good.

A word or 2 on Wiley. Nobody, fucking nobody, will ever convince me that a number of 'referees' haven't got it in for us this season. Wiley, Webb, Marriner and Atkinson have got an agenda against us, I'm fucking convinced of it.
Wiley today was diabolical, should have sent off at least 2 of their players but as usual gave us fuck all. It's high time Rafa made an issue about some of the shit we have had to put up with this season, it's almost a weekly occurence now. It's the same fuckers doing it week in, week out and we are taking it lying down. Time to act, because if we dont one of these c*nts is going to cost us a top 4 finish.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
I reckon our game on Thursday probably took more out of us than we thought. Blackburn looked sharper and quicker to the ball from the first minute. In fairness they had the better chances throughout but Pepe was outstanding and we stood up to their route one shite pretty well when they reverted to form.
 Mascherano was excellent again in an unfamiliar position and Maxi had his best game for us, chipped in with an assist as well. Thought Lucas's ball through to Torres in the build up to the second was top quality, if he can produce that more often he'll turn out to be some player.
 Blackburn have got to be the dirtiest shower of c*nts I've seen at Anfield for some time. I was quite impressed with them for a bit but they soon went back to what they know best. How the fuck that bloke didn't get sent off for shoving Lucas to the ground is beyond me. Diouf? Fuck off and die you twat.
 Our performance was poor for long periods to be honest. Scored 2 great goals but the last half hour was painful, we just sat back and allowed them to launch long balls into our box. There was an incident near the end where they had a throw in in their own half and it was fucking clear the bloke would throw it back to Robinson to launch it. Is it too much to expect one of our lads to have the nous to cover the keeper and make them work an opening instead of just letting them do basically what they wanted?
 Anyway, the result was the main thing today and we got it. We have Torres and Yossi back looking sharp and if we can win the next 2 things will be looking good.

A word or 2 on Wiley. Nobody, fucking nobody, will ever convince me that a number of 'referees' haven't got it in for us this season. Wiley, Webb, Marriner and Atkinson have got an agenda against us, I'm fucking convinced of it.
Wiley today was diabolical, should have sent off at least 2 of their players but as usual gave us fuck all. It's high time Rafa made an issue about some of the shit we have had to put up with this season, it's almost a weekly occurence now. It's the same fuckers doing it week in, week out and we are taking it lying down. Time to act, because if we dont one of these c*nts is going to cost us a top 4 finish.

If rafa was to have a go it would be put down as a rant ect.he has zero power with the media in england and as a result cannot use them to put pressure on refs in the same way other managers can.(couwiskeynosegh)
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
It wasn't pretty today and we was hanging on at the end but our key players delivered today and that was enough to take the 3 points. MOTM Mascherano again.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.

Rubbish. These twats are like a fucking dog with a bone and want to goad Rafa into saying something he will regret. I'm made up he gives them fuck all.
 The spineless bastards wouldn't have the bollocks to hound Ferguson the way they do Rafa so they can all fuck off.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
Were was gerrard for the last 25 mins?
Reason why i don't think he can play in midfield,he doesn't have the calmness to control the game.Lucas seemed to be the only one getting tackles in.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain

And that was just their manager.
#JFT97

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry

I understand where you're coming from there. But you have to remember, that fat headed c*nt crossed Rafa. Rafa didn't initiate the ill feeling that now currently exists, Allardyce did. And what makes Fat Sams actions even more deplorable, is the fact that every man and his dog knows he done it at the request of Ferguson. He's nothing but a fucking puppet. The whole "game over" hand waving accusations from Ferguson and Allardyce were beyond pathetic.

They contrived together to portray Rafa in a bad light. Rafa has always reciprocated the respect shown to him by his peers. He has never launched any broadsides without provocation. So as far as Im concerned, he is perfectly within his rights to make Allardyce look like the complete and utter c*nt that he is. Fuck Allardyce, he started it, so Rafa can go to town on him as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe when Allardyce has won 2 major continental league titles, and 2 of Europes biggest cup competitions then he might be in a position to tango, but until then he can fuck off and crawl back under his rock. I wouldn't bank on him ever coming out from under it either. Unless the rum guzzler wants him to go do his dirty work for him again
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.