Author Topic: Liverpool 2 - Blackburn 1, 28/02/10 - In-Game Commentary & post-match reaction  (Read 53933 times)

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
But like the Nzonzi push on Lucas showed the referee will never show a red if the victimised player just gets up again like a man.

I totally agree with people who say Blackburn are a bunch of c*nts with little intent on proper football...and under the current rules Nzonzi maybe should gave got a red...but IMO that rule is a joke.
A push is a push...not violent conduct.
A booking for misconduct and a warning...apt punishment IMO.
Football needs to man up a bit.

I have a greater problem with Blackburn's cynicism that these supposed acts of violent conduct which amount to handbags and nothing more
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Thought moving Gerrard in to CM we perfect by Rafa and he should of been playing there all season in my eyes to partner either Lucas or Mash. He was spreading he play with some wonderful balls in the 1st half.

Not bothered about the performance overall as its 3 points that counts now in every game we play.

Job done!

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
Thought moving Gerrard in to CM we perfect by Rafa and he should of been playing there all season in my eyes to partner either Lucas or Mash. He was spreading he play with some wonderful balls in the 1st half.

Not bothered about the performance overall as its 3 points that counts now in every game we play.

Job done!

Agree with everything you said there.

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
He wasn't barely touched, clearly kicked in the chest. Grab a pair of studs and get someone to "lightly" kick you in the chest. It's gonna hurt.

Either way, there were two lash outs, one the hand was raised to the face and pushed after already holding Lucas by the neck. The other lashes out by kicking a player with his studs, clearly a red card.

We're both entitled to our opinions but no way was he kicked in the chest.
Anyone who plays a real contact sport would be embarrassed to hear that nonsense.
If you saw someone roll over after that in a Sunday League game you would be fucking laughed out of town.

Punish the intent...but you can't condone the playacting
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,

Job done!

have to agree with you
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
Loved Rafas interview on SSN then.

"Everyone in the league knows this team. This is a team that plays most fantastic football under this manager"

"I don't know, he had contact with Keith Hackett earlier, maybe you should speak to him"

class :lmao

Offline barnseysleftpeg

• Legacy Fan
I think some are being harsh on these boards.

I thought it was a good performance from, not perfect but good all the same. 

The league this year has shown us that there aren't any easy games any more.  Even the bottom teams can roll you over if you aren't on your game.

Good performances from Gerrard, Masch, Torres, Maxi and benny - not to mention our saviour Pepe.

We played some good football in patches and it is that what we've got to build.  To me there's no point in focusing on the negatives.

Offline usernamefc

• Kinky Winky Apiary Japery
  • Legacy Fan
We're both entitled to our opinions but no way was he kicked in the chest.
Anyone who plays a real contact sport would be embarrassed to hear that nonsense.
If you saw someone roll over after that in a Sunday League game you would be fucking laughed out of town.

Punish the intent...but you can't condone the playacting
Disagree entirely, he was clearly kicked in the chest.

And this isn't sunday league is it? It's professional top level football where you can't lash out by kicking your studs in someone's chest.

Some people go down easily and roll around on the floor like they have been shot, see Drogba, but that was clearly not the case with Maxi. Watch the incident again and you will see a clear studs to the chest.

Offline ohh_v

• Anny Roader

"Everyone in the league knows this team. This is a team that plays most fantastic football under this manager"

"I don't know, he had contact with Keith Hackett earlier, maybe you should speak to him"

haha that is brilliant

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
But like the Nzonzi push on Lucas showed the referee will never show a red if the victimised player just gets up again like a man.

Completely agree.

Wasn't there an incident against Middlesborough a couple seasons back where that Alliadiere(no fucking clue on the spelling) fella put his hand on...Arbeloa(?)'s face and got sent off? I can't remember how forceful the hand was, but it's the intent that should be punished.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 05:46:07 pm by Ultimate Bromance »
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
Just seen Rafa's interview on This Is Anfield, and was left laughing my head off.  No idea who the interviewer was, but in no way was Rafa willing to give him any ground with regard to his line of questioning.

The interviewer was desperately leading Rafa to make some comments with regard to the physicality of Blackburn's tactics, but Rafa didn't let up.  The only real thing Rafa said was that there were 5 lads in the dressing room with blood on them.

Well in Rafa.  Yet again you leave the twats a bit narky :)
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan

Haha classic Rafa. He should have ended the interview with a slow motion 'game over' sign.

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap

And this isn't sunday league is it? It's professional top level football where you can't lash out by kicking your studs in someone's chest.

Some people go down easily and roll around on the floor like they have been shot, see Drogba, but that was clearly not the case with Maxi. Watch the incident again and you will see a clear studs to the chest.

Studs may make contact...but enough to make a grown man go down?
Please...

And you can't lash out in any league, so that point makes no sense...you just don't get away with acting like a fanny in a Sunday League....Premiership footballer unfortunately happens to be fannies for the most part

Maybe it's just sentimentality, but I'm fucking tired of watching supposed men roll about when IMO the proper thing to do is stand up, face the aggressor and laugh in his face.
That should be what it's about.

Just my take on it
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 05:47:53 pm by Regi »
Lester Freamon

Offline nate_oyb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
I think Nzonzi pushed Lucas a little harder than Reina pushed Robben a few years back.

Good thing we don't have to go to hospital to check on our Lucas.

Offline WhoseLeftFoot?

• Anny Roader
thing is, Blackburn showed they can actually play a bit when they aren't trying to butcher the opposition.

But as usual fat sam (a legend in his own mind) went back to hoofball and thuggery to try and rattle us.

Didn't work, but it could have.

Pity we didn't have Skrtel or Kyrgiakos for this one - would have liked to see the greek nutting samba "by accident" and making him even uglier...

We actually played some great stuff at times today, particularly for the first goal.
They cured my multiple personality disorder - but where am I now when I need me?

WUM eater - and I'm hungry ;)

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
Haha classic Rafa. He should have ended the interview with a slow motion 'game over' sign.

That would have been one of the greatest things I have ever seen.

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan

Whether or not it hurt the player makes no difference.  He 100% with intent kicked him in the chest.  Was a blatant red by the letter of the law and also common bloody sense.
Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
Awful performance.

Totally played into their hands, especially second half. i couldnt believe how easy we made it for them to just pump a long ball. Sitting on the edge of our box time and time again, we have Reina to thank for us not dropping points. At one point gerrard was centre half, its bloody ridiculous.

And as for a master tactician i think rafa needs to go the library and find a football basics book, like the kind you had in school as a kid because he hasnt got a bloody clue. Bringing everyone back constantly on free kicks and corners just caused mass confusion, players tripping over themselves, getting in each other way etc. The Black burn pen came as a result of too many men back, getting in the way of each other and basically playing like school kids in the yard.

Also what was our formation for the first 20-30 minutes? i couldnt work it out we were all over the shop.

Wiley never covered himself in glory either should have sent two of them off. Again season cant end soon enough.

Pretty much spot on.
To think that people can be pleased with that barely a year after our performance at home against Real is baffling.
At no stage did we go beyond average...mainly below that
Lester Freamon

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
Whether or not it hurt the player makes no difference.  He 100% with intent kicked him in the chest.  Was a blatant red by the letter of the law and also common bloody sense.

That I can agree with
Lester Freamon

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
The refs are ubelievably biased. Rafa needs to fuckin lash out one day. Earlier Vidic escapes without a booking when it was a clear red card, and Blackburn fucking should have had 2-3 red cards. I think the fans need to show the discontent of the referee. Fuck you refs, booooo!

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap
Wiley is a joke and always has been...weak as fucking water
Lester Freamon

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'd forgotten quite what a horrible shower of hoofball c*nts Blackburn are. Delighted with the win, even if we did look uncomfortable against the high ball at times. The fact that Torres is back and scoring is a massive boost for us.

Offline nittinivala

• Anny Roader
The good thing and most important one is the crucial win.
But where was our midfield for the last 30 minutes?
I could hardly watch.Thank god for Pepe.Once again
we dropped far too much.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 2 - Blackburn 1, 28/02/10 - In-Game Commentary & post-match reacti
« Reply #263 on: February 28, 2010, 06:03:03 pm »
2-1. Great to see goals from Gerrard and Torres!

Thought we struggled in the first half and were fortunate to have the lead. It's quite annoying with the constant longballs up against our defence as soon as they had a set piece. Don't think we look confident when those balls come flying in, but I guess we did alright. Fantastic save by Pepe near the end!

Not the best of games, but it's nice to have all our attacking players fit. Job done.

14 wins, 10 games to go. We need a minimum of 20 wins.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
Couldn't give a fuck how we played, we needed three points desperately.  With other sides winning around us it's vital we won, and it's equally important we now put a string of wins together.....If we have to do that playing turgid football, then so be it.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Reina is world class - simple as that!

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
Reina is world class - simple as that!
Let in a soft penalty. ;)
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"I Don't Like Mondays"

Tell me why?

3 points more to the tally  ho hum
Indeed...

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Fat Sam was saying that the Anfield crowd was the reason Blackburn made more fouls and got more bookings than us. I'd guess they made more at Ewood earlier in the season too, anyone got the stats?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 06:17:24 pm by tommyLFC »
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline KopGods1892

• Boys Pen
Apologies if already mentioned but there was a brilliant quote from the commentator,

"Diouf could pick an arguement in a empty room".  ;D

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
C'est la vie.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
A win, and its starting to become a habit again. I'm not that bothered about the performances, just the points. as things settle down, the performances will come.

I'm pleased that the ownership /Rafa debate has subsided and we are now just talking about football which we do best. Our owners are shite, and Rafa is too well paid to be sacked, or want to leave, he's here for the foreseeable, as are G&H.That stability is now being reflected on the pitch. Aqui's will only get better, Stevie G and Torres when match fit and on form are world beaters, and Bab's will shine with games.It's all starting to look better on the pitch.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline lfcbabe1984

• Kopite
  • Stevie G's the man!
    • Diane's Wonderland
I'm just glad we came away with the 3 points. After City won yesterday nothing else would do and the boys delivered. Well done lads!
You'll Never Walk Alone!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Glad we got a win, but very disappointed with Wiley and the standards of refereeing in general. Nzonzi should have been off for the push in the face on Lucas qftr the whistle. Chimbonda should have been off for that kick on Maxi. Kalinic should have been off for two yellows had that penalty dive was called. Samba was spared for persistent fouling. Not to mention the constant fouling against Pepe.

Blackburn are c*nts. Big Sam for England!   
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
Great result. Pretty poor performance again overall. Confidence still very fragile evidently.

Thank fuck for Pepe, we were asking for that the way we just completely gave up looking for that all important two goal cushion.

First goal was lovely, can't remember the last time we scored a goal like that.

Anyone else find it puzzling that all along Torres is out i think we might have played two up front maybe once?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 06:21:35 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Well done to the in game commentators. Great job lads.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
A win, and its starting to become a habit again. I'm not that bothered about the performances, just the points. as things settle down, the performances will come.
Pretty much my thoughts as well - get the team winning again, the points matter more now than how pretty we play.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Without wanting to kick off another Dirk-debate, but I thought today showed what he is capable of when he has players around him who are fully fit and are better than Andrej Voronin. I was gutted that he didn't score with that overhead-kick as he did very well to get hold of that ball in the first place and this place would go mental if that had been Nando...

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I thought we had a good first half. Gerrard, Torres and Kuyt were brilliant. Second was a totally different story. We should have finished Blackburn off but instead resulted to defending deeply again. Gerrard disappears and Torres hardly has a touch on the ball. I felt Kuyt and Lucas were doing everything on their own in the second half.

Maxi was quite good and I hope he improves on that performance. Masch was good at RB as well. Our defence was shaky throughout and we could have done with Kyrgiakos really.

Brilliant save by Reina. Best save I've seen from him this season, and that's saying something.

The less said about the Blackburn team and the ref, the better.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline El_Macca_17

• Legacy Fan
  • Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
Don't worry Tommy, nobody noticed  ;)
"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."