Author Topic: Liverpool 2 - Blackburn 1, 28/02/10 - In-Game Commentary & post-match reaction  (Read 54018 times)

Offline Una cerveza, por favor

• As cold as ice... and almost as interesting.™
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡Sí sí sí, la Copa ya está aquí!
    • JFT96
LIVERPOOL 2 - 1 BLACKBURN

Gerrard 21'
Andrews 41'
Torres 44'
----------------------------------------

Liverpool: Reina, Mascherano, Carragher, Agger, Aurelio, Benayoun, Gerrard, Lucas, Maxi, Kuyt, Torres.

Subs: Cavalieri, Aquilani, Babel, Insua, Ngog, Kelly, Ayala.

Blackburn: Robinson, Salgado, Samba, Givet, Olsson, Hoilett, Nzonzi, Andrews, Pedersen, Diouf, Kalinic.
Subs: Brown, Emerton, Dunn, Roberts, Grella, Di Santo, Chimbonda.

__________________________________________________________________________________

6th place Liverpool face a Blackburn team in a good run of form although Sam Allardyce's men travel to Anfield looking for only their second win away from Ewood Park in the league this season. But after winning four in succession at home to move up to 12th and ease relegation fears, the Blackburn manager claims there is nothing wrong with his side's away form - only the results.

Blackburn are without captain Ryan Nelsen.

The New Zealand international suffered a knee injury in last week's defeat of Bolton and could be out for three to four weeks.

Christopher Samba is likely to take his place having served a suspension while Brett Emerton (Achilles) is also available again. David Dunn is pushing for a recall having had a run-out in the reserves this week.

Last Five Matches in Competition -

Liverpool                                     Blackburn Rovers
@Manchester City 0-0                   Bolton Wanderers 3-0
@Arsenal 1-0                                Hull City 1-0
Everton 1-0                                 @Stoke City 3-0
Bolton Wanderers 2-0                 @West Ham United 0-0
@Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-0  Wigan Athletic 2-1

See the pre-match chit-chat here - http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=254469.0

The starting lineups, updated scores and important match facts will replace this as and when they are available. A very good morning to you all. Muser (or whatever his name is today) and WhoseLeftFoot? will be the others commentating. Along with the Mods. Many Thanks to 24/7 for the helpful PM to get us started and Gareth for the technical stuff.  :wave
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:56:41 pm by Una cerveza, por favor »
C'est la vie.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
Bonjour and welcome to RAWK's third in-game commentary thread. Only just woken up so will throw out a few random stats as I gather my wits about me.

Head to Head:
-The last time we have lost to Blackburn in the league was on the 26th of December 2006, Benni McCarthy's early second half goal being the difference.
-That Blackburn win was the only Blackburn win against us in the league out of our past 22 meetings.
-In our last ten meetings with Blackburn, they have failed to score in six of them. Beyond the pale that, our defence blatantly not showing their attackers any respect.

Recent Form:
-We have one 5 out of our last 5 home league games
- Blackburn have failed to win any of their last five away league games. They have drawn two and lost three of them, conceding ten goals.
-Our last five matches overall read like this: W3 D1 L1F5 A2
-Blackburn's last five read like this: W3 D1 L1 F6 A4

Random Stats:
-We have only conceded one goal in our last 540 minutes of football at Anfield, according to the Guardian. Bastard Arsenal.
-Another one from the Guardian: If we do not score it will be the first time since February- March 2005 that we have failed to find the net in three consecutive league matches.
-We are the joint best team in the league when it comes to playing teams in the bottom half of the table at home, winning six out of six, scoring 20 and conceding a mere two goals.
-By the flipside of that token, Blackburn are the worst team in the league when it comes to playing top-half teams away from home, losing all seven of their attempts, scoring a mere four goals and conceding 25.

Should be a good one, this.
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
Good Morning Poof - heard you had a good night last night ;)

Care for predictions?

I am going with a 3-0.
C'est la vie.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Good Morning Poof - heard you had a good night last night ;)
:lmao oh it's going to be a long afternoon............

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
Oi, Una Cerveza, what are we gonna be called? The others had the Commentary Caliphate, 3 Philosophers and all. Think of something El Capitano, it's on you. :D

Torres back in the starting lineup is a great surprise and that is one of the strongest teams we've put out for quite a while now. Would have liked to see Aquilani as Anfield is the only place he should be playing right now but I digress - that's a quality team and we should do these.

Guessing it'll look something like this:
Reina
Mascherano Carragher Agger Aurelio
   Lucas   Gerrard
Benayoun   Kuyt      Maxi
      Torres

Poof prediction: 2-0

Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
To all those reading - Please PM any of us 3 your comments and 'expert analysis' on the match and the best one's will be published.

Cheers 24/7.
 :wave

Oi, Una Cerveza, what are we gonna be called? The others had the Commentary Caliphate, 3 Philosophers and all. Think of something El Capitano, it's on you. :D

Ménage à trois.

24/7 wants Los Tres Amigos!

Spanish or French, you decide..
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:32:48 pm by Una cerveza, por favor »
C'est la vie.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Legacy Fan
:lmao oh it's going to be a long afternoon............
I feel awful. :P I stumbled through the snow and left the party I was at earlyish (and the guy to girl ratio was lovely :() all for RAWK. Worth it?
Ménage à trois.

24/7 wants Los Tres Amigos!

Spanish or French, you decide..
Los Tres Amigos is pretty good to be fair. Wonder where the third wheel is, though..

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:41:56 pm by Franck Le Poof »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
Just saw Torres warming up.. Wowzers in my trousers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KJjwQ1BI1E
C'est la vie.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Legacy Fan
Just had a look at the Pre-Match thread and am a bit baffled to be honest - some even claimed that with this lineup we are scared of Blackburn at home!

I'm pleased with it, personally. Maxi, Yossi, and Torres all in the same team at Anfield with Gerrard and Lucas in the middle is not too shabby at all; probably one of the better lineups we have put out in some time now.

Hopefully Aurelio will improve on his last performance and actually go forward in support, especially if it is Maxi who is playing on the left because he has a tendency to drift inside whenever possible. If Maxi takes his fullback with him it will leave a lot of space for Aurelio to use that cultured left foot and swing some crosses in - hopefully we can get bodies in the box and take advantage of it.

We have many possibilities today, no?

Offline WhoseLeftFoot?

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
A little late joining in, but good stuff from my co-commentators to get things underway :)

A decent looking set up with plenty of attacking options on the flanks and through the middle.

Rafa has picked a side that can play a good passing game, but is also pretty strong and able to take the hoofing that fat sams shower will no doubt try to give us.

Cool heads aplenty, maturity, lots of players with good techniques, along with pace and power.

I predict a win by 2 or more.
They cured my multiple personality disorder - but where am I now when I need me?

WUM eater - and I'm hungry ;)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
Yes, I personally feel the team is very well set up - both in attack and defence. If you look at the pre-match thread, I was the only one who predicted Masch as RB. :P

I really like the team Rafa has chosen. I just hope he doesn't show Sammy A the same disrespect as he did last time.

Beyond the pale, no?
C'est la vie.

Offline WhoseLeftFoot?

• Anny Roader
Nothing is beyond the pale for a man who uses orange fake tan ;)
They cured my multiple personality disorder - but where am I now when I need me?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Nothing is beyond the pale for a man who uses orange fake tan ;)

Anyway - we're about to kick off so I'll get into serious mode..........best of luck lads.............3-0 to us. Diouf red card.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
Alright then, players coming out to a warm applause at Anfield.
C'est la vie.

Offline WhoseLeftFoot?

• Anny Roader
And we're off - the lads in what has become the obligatory huddle just before kick off

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
Early corner to Blackburn but the strike is cleared.
C'est la vie.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
Another corner to Blackburn and Pedersen to take it.. Reina gets his hand to it and the shot goes wide. Goal kick to Liverpool.
C'est la vie.

Offline WhoseLeftFoot?

• Anny Roader
Blackburn pressing early on, whipping crosses in with Liverpool looking to counter at the moment

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
Yeah, just need another 5 minutes or so to fully settle. Meanwhile, ball breaks to Kuyt who gives Torres a through ball and while nothing comes off, it really is refreshing to see Torres towards goal. Shot by Blackburn over the post, Reina had it covered.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:10:03 pm by Franck Le Poof »
C'est la vie.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Legacy Fan
An iffy start to the match on our part with a little more than five minutes gone. Have failed to string some passes together and find some of our rhythm. Hopefully the Anfield crowd can help the team get settled because it looks a little sloppy at the moment.

Offline WhoseLeftFoot?

• Anny Roader
Great turn and run by Torres - made up to see him back, brought down and free kcik, which comes to nothing as the ball is cleared by Blackburn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
Torres fouled after a lovely bit of skill to break free and it's Liverpool with a free kick that Aurelio delivers but Blackburn defend it well.
C'est la vie.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
13' Throw in to Liverpool. Liverpool playing better now. Torres just had a hopeful shot at goal and it's goal kick to Blackburn.
C'est la vie.

Offline WhoseLeftFoot?

• Anny Roader
Liverpool starting to press to greater effect now as they probe down both flanks - but Blackburn looking dangerous on the counter and at set pieces.

Passing is better, and the crosses are starting to be a bit more effective.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Legacy Fan
14' Not much to be written about so far unfortunately. It has been a sloppy match and we are struggling to retain useful possession and push forward. Blackburn have had us pinned down in our own half for the most part but we have looked capable of breaking well. Should just be a settling in period rather than anything to be worried about, hopefully.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
15' Aurelio on the break. Passes to Gerrard, Gerrard to Lucas who passes it to Masch and the ball in the box is dealt with but good signs of intent from Liverpool.
C'est la vie.

Offline WhoseLeftFoot?

• Anny Roader
17'

Blackburn had a good chance after Lucas was dispossessed, but it came to nothing

Torres being fouled continuously, and a yellow to Salgado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
17' Blackburn break after Lucas loses the ball cheaply. Run in to the box and Kalinic shoots but its wide. Dangerous moment there.
C'est la vie.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
19' Robinson with a long free kick from his own half into the Liverpool box but nothing comes off it.
C'est la vie.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL 1-0 GERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRARD
C'est la vie.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Legacy Fan
Torres is looking very, very dangerous today. He's going around players as if they weren't there and no signs of him having been out for months. Great to have him back - we look infinitely better with him in our ranks.

AND GERRARD!!!

Offline WhoseLeftFoot?

• Anny Roader
GOAL!

Gerrard slots home after some quick incisive play involving Bennayoun!

Nicely taken, and hopefully the platform we need.

Meanwhile Reina makes a couple of good saves from Pederson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
21' GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL DE LIVERPOOOOOOOOL!!!

Sexy one-touch passing by Liverpool and the goal is just what we deserve. Stevie's back in form and the Kop let him know that.. Steve Gerrard is our captain..

C'est la vie.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
22' Kop in good voice now. Liverpool seem to be comfortable but there's always that little doubt at the back. Liverpool attacking in their half now.
C'est la vie.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Legacy Fan
Prior to the goal it was worth noting that Blackburn have been pressing us really high up the pitch rather than playing deeper. We looked a little confused as to how to deal with it but now we seem to be growing in confidence with that lovely finish from Gerrard.

It was a goal that was proof as to why pushing Gerrard into midfield could really benefit us this season. He's been spraying passes about the pitch brilliantly; keeping us ticking. And for the goal it was his run in undetected from deep that undid the Blackburn defence. Great stuff.

Offline WhoseLeftFoot?

• Anny Roader
24'

Blackburn revert to type as they start hoofing the ball up front.

Liverpool passing much better as Torres forces them to defend deeper with a combination of pace, skill and power.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
28' Liverpool looking really confident now. Crisp passing and Lucas is fouled by Pedersen who appears to have been injured. Pedersen, that is. Lucas is hard as fuck. Free kick to us taken by Gerrard. And Diouf gets a word from Wiley. Another free kick to us. Aurelio takes it, corner Liverpool.
C'est la vie.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Legacy Fan
Diouf Watch: Fouls Gerrard petulantly with studs up and has the audacity to yell at the referee for calling it. Has looked particularly useless today.

Offline WhoseLeftFoot?

• Anny Roader
28'
A succession of set pieces as Diouf goes in foot up on Gerrard but pulls out at the last second.

Liverpool really pressing now looking for the second as Blackburn are pressed deeper and deeper - this is the crushing machine at work.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • JFT96
29' Decent corner by Gerrard and Liverpool get a throw in. Diouf is being really physical now. The bald headed twat. Blackburn 11 men behind the ball in their own half. Liverpool pressing. Torres hacked by Samba, referee misses it. Corner to Liverpool.
C'est la vie.