Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 306203 times)

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #1880 on: April 25, 2009, 10:02:22 pm »
Davy Fairclough is Shankslegend
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1881 on: April 25, 2009, 10:10:33 pm »
Until its on the front page of the BBC site I refuse to believe anything.

Until I see the new owners in a press conference I wont believe it , and even then Id have my fuckin doubts .
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1882 on: April 25, 2009, 10:10:58 pm »
Davy Fairclough is Shankslegend

Shankslegend is David Fairclough
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #1883 on: April 25, 2009, 10:46:52 pm »
Shankslegend is David Fairclough

No thanks coulodn't be doing with the red hair haha

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1884 on: April 25, 2009, 10:51:36 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1173528/Dan-King-Financial-cloud-Anfield-horizon.html?ITO=1490

Financial cloud on the Anfield horizon

Last updated at 9:37 PM on 25th April 2009

* Comments (0)
    * Add to My Stories

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez's summer spending plans - and even the future of star players such as Fernando Torres - will not be made any more certain by new doubts over the finances of co-owner Tom Hicks's American sporting empire.

Scroll down for more
Fernando Torres

Dark days ahead: The future of Liverpool's star players could be in doubt

Hicks played down the significance of his Hicks Sports Group failing to make an interest payment on £350million of loans at the end of last month, but reports in the United States claim the crisis dates back many months to when US regulators made a damning assessment of HSG's ability to meet its obligations.

The Hicks camp insist what is happening in the US has no bearing on his stake in Liverpool, but it is inconceivable that the news will have made the Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia any more willing to refinance the £350m loan facility they set up with Hicks and cochairman George Gillett to help them buy and run the club.

The American owners attended Liverpool's 4-4 draw with Arsenal last week, but the primary purpose of their visit is believed to have been further talks with RBS about extending the agreement beyond July.

The ongoing uncertainty off the pitch could lead to RBS and Wachovia taking financial control of the club in a bid to claw back as much of their money as possible.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1885 on: April 25, 2009, 11:13:38 pm »

;D

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1886 on: April 25, 2009, 11:14:25 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1173528/Dan-King-Financial-cloud-Anfield-horizon.html?ITO=1490

Financial cloud on the Anfield horizon

Last updated at 9:37 PM on 25th April 2009

* Comments (0)
    * Add to My Stories

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez's summer spending plans - and even the future of star players such as Fernando Torres - will not be made any more certain by new doubts over the finances of co-owner Tom Hicks's American sporting empire.

Scroll down for more
Fernando Torres

Dark days ahead: The future of Liverpool's star players could be in doubt

Hicks played down the significance of his Hicks Sports Group failing to make an interest payment on £350million of loans at the end of last month, but reports in the United States claim the crisis dates back many months to when US regulators made a damning assessment of HSG's ability to meet its obligations.

The Hicks camp insist what is happening in the US has no bearing on his stake in Liverpool, but it is inconceivable that the news will have made the Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia any more willing to refinance the £350m loan facility they set up with Hicks and cochairman George Gillett to help them buy and run the club.

The American owners attended Liverpool's 4-4 draw with Arsenal last week, but the primary purpose of their visit is believed to have been further talks with RBS about extending the agreement beyond July.

The ongoing uncertainty off the pitch could lead to RBS and Wachovia taking financial control of the club in a bid to claw back as much of their money as possible.

Dont believe a word of it  , Until its official , on the offy Im having none of it from now on in.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1887 on: April 25, 2009, 11:32:08 pm »
The Daily Mail is doing nothing more then adding 2 + 2 and coming up with 5.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline allpool

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1888 on: April 25, 2009, 11:39:56 pm »
LIVERPOOL have held talks with the billionaire owners of an Indian Premier League cricket team.

Krap-talk reporting this is newsoftheshite.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 11:41:34 pm by allpool »

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1889 on: April 25, 2009, 11:40:43 pm »
http://www.loadofshite*.co.uk/sport/279335/KOP-TALK-TO-IPL-TYCOON.html

???

Indian tycoon according NOTW

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1890 on: April 25, 2009, 11:41:14 pm »
The Daily Mail is doing nothing more then adding 2 + 2 and coming up with 5.

Like we've been doing for months? ;D

Offline allpool

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1891 on: April 25, 2009, 11:43:52 pm »
RAWK = Daily mail
RAWK better info and better sources .
Daily mail wishes it had the above.

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #1892 on: April 25, 2009, 11:52:36 pm »
Please do not post stories from NOTW it is the Sunday S*n and as such is banned on this and every Liverpool FC forum in the world.

It is going to be pure ****cks as its not a real source newspaper.

Thank You

Offline Drewas

• Kopite
  • Rotate on this!
« Reply #1893 on: April 25, 2009, 11:53:22 pm »
Woo hoo a new Billionaire to get excited about. This ones only got 4 billion, hes rubbish. Lets get him. ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 12:04:30 am by Drewas »

Offline Pollywood

• Anny Roader
  • S O S No 1416
« Reply #1894 on: April 26, 2009, 12:18:27 am »
Ha ha. Quality.

Played with DF for Canny Farm. Fucker hasnt said anything to me about it.

Mind you I havent seen him for 30 years, but still....

Ginga Etienne beating bell.

Alright blert596 did you play in the same team as Davey with the Coloured lad at the time who was Dave Bundo, he was brilliant, we all thought that he should have got further than Fairclough but at the time I think it was more to do with his colour , this was even before Howard Gayle. Used to watch every Sunday game on Mab Lane fields. And lived in Round Hey at the time.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1895 on: April 26, 2009, 12:39:45 am »
Alright blert596 did you play in the same team as Davey with the Coloured lad at the time who was Dave Bundo, he was brilliant, we all thought that he should have got further than Fairclough but at the time I think it was more to do with his colour , this was even before Howard Gayle. Used to watch every Sunday game on Mab Lane fields. And lived in Round Hey at the time.

No mate. I played for boodey. But was picked for the canny farm select for a few games (I could have made it you know  ;D ) All a bit vague now but it probably was Round Hey DF played for. Played against him a few times and with him. To tell the truth he was no better (and prob a bit worse) than a lot of the players about at the time - which shows what we know really.  :)

Anyway, dont wanna take over the thread but just suffice to say he's obviously forgot all about me. Big time Charlie get  :)
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1896 on: April 26, 2009, 12:45:24 am »

Didnt Madonna adopt him? :p
Thinking is overrated.

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1897 on: April 26, 2009, 12:55:17 am »
One prominent authority disagreed with Wenger. Amanda Staveley, senior director of PCP Capital Partners and the deal-maker in the Manchester City takeover, said: “The declining pound has attracted huge amounts of money in lots of sectors in the UK in recent months and football is no different. Buying clubs now is cheaper for foreign investors. As far as players go, let’s face it, if a foreign player is going to come to the UK to play at a high level they can afford good tax accountants and get the right advice. Without a doubt the Premier League is the best league in the world and it can handle a slumping pound and the tax [rise].”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/arsenal/article6169257.ece

The IPL story is in the Sunday Express, it won't be online until later, more than one group in the picture apparently.
for those of you watching in black and white Liverpool are the team with the ball

Offline OneKop

• Kopite
« Reply #1898 on: April 26, 2009, 01:13:24 am »
I know that everyone got there hopes up Tuesday night, hoping for news that we had been sold or about to be sold, and then the sudden bump back down to earth when no news came. But i still have this very strong feeling that something massive has happened regarding the ownership.

Looking at H&G Tuesday night did not look right, two guys that hate each other laughing and joking as if they had just won the lottery, to me that said something had either happened that day or was very close. There is no way that those two twats would give each other the time of day unless they had made some money {and i don't mean a refinance}

Just a gut feeling, but i honestly think they have struck a deal either for a full sale or a large majority sale.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Offline riise6

• Legacy Fan
  • the wee man!!
« Reply #1899 on: April 26, 2009, 01:15:56 am »
So whats happening now went through afew pages off crap by the looks of it!
"Liverpool is the most successful football club in English football history. It exists to win things for its supporters. It deserves to be in the hands of people who support it, who understand its history and legend and who share the enthusiasm and passion of its fans."DIC...
Ball's in your court now, G&H

Offline Drewas

• Kopite
  • Rotate on this!
« Reply #1900 on: April 26, 2009, 01:26:31 am »
So whats happening now went through afew pages off crap by the looks of it!

Somethings definately happening, we dont know when and we dont know with who but we do know its happening, whatever it is!

Offline riise6

• Legacy Fan
  • the wee man!!
« Reply #1901 on: April 26, 2009, 01:32:24 am »
so the last few pages had some truth in them happy days :) thanks Drewas!!
"Liverpool is the most successful football club in English football history. It exists to win things for its supporters. It deserves to be in the hands of people who support it, who understand its history and legend and who share the enthusiasm and passion of its fans."DIC...
Ball's in your court now, G&H

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1902 on: April 26, 2009, 03:50:45 am »

By John Richardson

Comment Speech Bubble Have your say(0)

LIVERPOOL could be set for an Indian takeaway after representatives of one of that country’s richest men were entertained at Anfield on Tuesday night.

American co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett want to sell for around £450 million or alternatively invite huge investment to back Liverpool’s re-emergence as a title force.

Both men were on Merseyside last week, taking  in the 4-4 draw with Arsenal after having talks over refinancing the £350m loan which enabled them to buy the club. Sunday Express Sport can reveal that leading members of the Indian-GMR group owned by Grandhi Mallikarjun Rao, who is worth £4.2billion, were wined and dined by Hicks and Gillett.

They sat alongside them in the Anfield directors’ box and were given a tour of the ground.

Mallikarjun Rao, who has made his money in airport development, owns Indian Premier League cricket side Delhi Daredevils and his GMR group is believed to be looking to expand into other sports.

Hicks and Gillett are also in talks with one of Kuwait’s richest families.

It is understood that Nasser Al Kharafi, worth £9bn, is considering a bid.

Also looking on is Liverpool fan Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum of the Dubai ruling family.

Liverpool also held discussions with long-term shirt sponsors Carlsberg last Friday over a new £60m four-year deal.

If the club were sold, a lucrative shirt sponsorship deal already in place would make it more appealing

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/97183

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #1903 on: April 26, 2009, 04:17:51 am »
sounds like a nervous laugh to me Shanks!
YNWA

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: April 26, 2009, 05:32:00 am »
Would absolutely love if an indian would take up, surely we would open the market there

Offline jp2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1905 on: April 26, 2009, 05:55:43 am »
Would absolutely love if an indian would take up, surely we would open the market there

I think ManU was searching for an Indian sponsor last I heard. Would be a nice undercut.
We just spotted Chelsea our best player and pwned them at the Bridge.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1906 on: April 26, 2009, 08:50:48 am »
Sounds like typical Hicks and Gillett pr - pretend someone is more interested than they are in order to persuade RBS to continue the loan - 'it's not a risk, honest, sir, all these people are queuing up to buy'...

The story changes from day to day - one minute it's Arabs, the next it's Indians. (I suppose you can't be surprised that the Tory press couldn't tell the difference.) & I don't consider the Express a necessarily more reliable source than the Sunday Scum.

Guyko, your sources gone quiet, mate?

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1907 on: April 26, 2009, 08:56:04 am »
my head is already spinning with all these potential buyers , me suffering from mild vertigo and all.

Does someone have a cure for vertigo in the meantime

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
  • What good is a history without a future
« Reply #1908 on: April 26, 2009, 09:41:39 am »
Not Just in the NOTW in most of the sunday papers. According to What the papers say it origanated from the express

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1909 on: April 26, 2009, 09:45:47 am »
Cowboys and Indians.
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1910 on: April 26, 2009, 10:13:00 am »
Sunday sup on sky 1 taking about it now

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1911 on: April 26, 2009, 10:13:36 am »
Sunday sup on sky 1 taking about it now

Saying?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1912 on: April 26, 2009, 10:15:43 am »
The same old stuff... Sound a bit like a slating.. On about stadium, Saying its run like a pawn shop.

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1913 on: April 26, 2009, 10:18:28 am »
oh where miles behind arse, chealski, and the rest, now back to manure and newcastle as norm

Offline Kopstar30

• Main Stander
  • Kenny will bring back the glory days
« Reply #1914 on: April 26, 2009, 10:32:06 am »
I remember reading somewhere that King Kenny was involved with a group in the middle east in a deal to buy us.

Offline reddwarf12003

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1915 on: April 26, 2009, 10:35:26 am »
think we managed to get 5mins.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1916 on: April 26, 2009, 10:51:52 am »
Dont believe the hype

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1917 on: April 26, 2009, 10:56:39 am »
Meanwhile, Liverpool coowner Tom Hicks last night insisted there was" no truth whatsoever" in suggestions that the club were in talks with an Indian consortium about providing finance to build the club's new stadium and a possible buy-out..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/04/26/steven-gerrard-backs-kenny-dalglish-liverpool-appointment-115875-21309877/
for those of you watching in black and white Liverpool are the team with the ball

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1918 on: April 26, 2009, 11:24:23 am »
Saying?

Indian takeaway

Last updated: 26th April 2009

Wallace: stadium still an issue

I don't believe things are stable; it's clear that George Gillett would like to get out that both he and Tom Hicks have both got financial issues with things they are doing in other parts of their empires.

* Indian group eye Reds move

How will prospective new owners handle Benitez?

Reports that Liverpool are the target of a £500m takeover by an Indian consortium is further proof that the club is far from stable, Sam Wallace told The Supplement.

Billionaire Grandhi Mallikarjuna Rao is the latest businessman linked with a possible buyout at Anfield as speculation over the future ownership of the Reds continues apace.

According to Wallace, of The Independent, the central issue with any prospective takeover is its impact on manager Rafael Benitez and his standing at the club.

"The last one (takeover bid) we had was the Kuwaitis who pulled out almost as soon as they were involved," said Wallace. "It's very hard to predict what these huge, international businessmen are going to do.

"Try and look at it from Rafael Benitez's point of view; he's signed a new contract, seen off Rick Parry who he's been at odds with for a while now and he's formed this alliance with Tom Hicks, one of the American co-owners.

"Things seem to be going quite well, in that respect, there seems to be some kind of stability at the club. He's got what he wants in terms of control of the academy and his new contract.

"If you were a Liverpool fan what you'd be worried at is - who is this guy and is he going to be the kind of owner who is going to leave Benitez to get on with it.

"This is the whole thing that is crucial to any takeover at Liverpool. They have got a very talented manager but one that is famously fractious, who wants to do things his own way, which is completely understandable.

"Yes, there is an issue as to whether he's got money to spend. These are all rich people we are talking about so we assume that they will but how do you handle Benitez?

"That is the key issue. This is his fifth season and he has gradually chipped away and got rid of the people that he considers a threat - just as Mr. Ferguson did at United.

"He's got the club running as he wants it, they've had their best season ever in the Premier League; is this guy going to come in and in Benitez's eyes undo all that?"

Machine

Even though Benitez may appear far more content with the current set-up, Wallace believes rocky financial times may still lie ahead for Liverpool.

"I don't believe things are stable; it's clear that George Gillett would like to get out that both he and Tom Hicks have both got financial issues with things they are doing in other parts of their empires and therefore I think that instability will always be there.

"That therefore means that Benitez can say next season 'well, hang on a minute this isn't quite how it is in the brochure, it's not quite as I was promised in my contract'. I don't think Liverpool have anything like the stability that Arsenal or Chelsea have. They have the same owner that they have had for the last five years.

"They do need to build this new stadium and it keeps getting put back and put back. There is the old story that Liverpool is a huge club run like a corner shop. It doesn't have the commercial might that Manchester United have had for years.

"He wants that sort of United machine; Liverpool are off on tour to Asia this summer but United have been doing that for years.

"Of course the whole megastore culture is unpalatable to some but it is part of what makes United the great goliath that they are."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5241869,00.html

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1919 on: April 26, 2009, 11:36:33 am »
David fairclough has just more or less said that the club is sold to arabs on satanta. Defo by the summer.
According to David Fairclough on Setanta Ireland, the takeover is happening in the summer. Said it was an Arab group.
Anybody see fairclough on Setanta Ireland saying it looks like new ownership imminent?

Edit: I see some have ;D
Just heard it meself new owners imminent  :)

Whats going on.... just having a read back through the last few hours and BANG YES THANK YOU MAM

i was watching the game on Setanta Ireland and didn't hear that ?

sky+  the game , but deleted after watching masch trip himself up about ten times to confirm to the manc's i know it was not a dive.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 11:38:36 am by rocco »