Author Topic: Portsmouth 2-3 Liverpool - We are still fighting  (Read 101813 times)

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
Re: Portsmouth 2-3 Liverpool - We are still fighting
« Reply #760 on: February 7, 2009, 09:14:08 pm »
Would you have said there was never a doubt if the game had finished five minutes earlier?

What the fuck are you on, the game went for 93 mins, we scored 91 and played until the final whistle.

What more to people want for fucks sake.

We're top of the league, played well, one of theirs was off side, the other was poor defending but apart from that we bossed them and then Rafa brought on the usual suspects to finish them off.

I can't and will not understand some comments made on here, fucking hell.

That was a sign of a championship winning team that, well in Redmen, well in Rafa keep it up and thank fuck you all know as well that the game lasts until the final minute and does end not some five minutes before.

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #761 on: February 7, 2009, 09:14:28 pm »
Ah I love this feeling of complete happiness :) Superb day!

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #762 on: February 7, 2009, 09:14:35 pm »
We play well, good mentality, high tempo for sure!  ;D

Offline Southderryred

• Main Stander
  • RED AND PROUD
« Reply #763 on: February 7, 2009, 09:15:11 pm »
still buzzing here. baffling team selection but we played some good stuff. great 3 points

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: February 7, 2009, 09:15:53 pm »
If you can't you see the sense in what Rafa did then you need to watch more footie. Classic way to play knackered players.

If you have the option of a) playing a knackered Torres and Kuyt from the beginning against a fit and eager Pompey, or b) play N'Gog and a weaker team to contain and out-pass them, maybe get a goal and if necessary bring on a fit Kuyt to run at them, a fit Xabi to outpass  them and a fit Nando for 15 minutes to scare the shit out of them and score the winner?

It needs balls of steel and a belief in what you're doing, which Rafa clearly has.

When asked about 'how special is Torres' after the match, Rafa's response was brilliant. He stated that had it not been for the likes of Ryan and Ngog and the other starting XI, then Torres' impact, would not have been possible.

Well done Mr Benitez.

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #765 on: February 7, 2009, 09:17:20 pm »
Why oh why can´t we attack like we did in the final stages earlier in games?

Because they would be fucking shattered after 30 minutes. Don't think for a minute that playing such high-tempo football doesn't knacker out the players and I'm sure Rafa would prefer it if we strolled to victory each game - but needs must. There's 10 minutes to go and we're 2-1 down we have to throw the kitchen sink at sides but trust me, the players will sleep a little too well tonight.Patient football is what is required in the league and for the majority of games it works, but when it doesn't the intensity of our play goes up a notch, but it's unsustainable.
It is most odd.

Offline wednesday25052005

• Kopite
  • JFT96
« Reply #766 on: February 7, 2009, 09:17:43 pm »
When asked about 'how special is Torres' after the match, Rafa's response was brilliant. He stated that had it not been for the likes of Ryan and Ngog and the other starting XI, then Torres' impact, would not have been possible.

Well done Mr Benitez.

He's fucking immense Rafa - well in Rafa - YNWA

Offline seaofred

• Main Stander
« Reply #767 on: February 7, 2009, 09:17:46 pm »
I understand why you guys get pissed at Sherwood and co, but I think we shouldn't even dedicate the times for these lot. We don't need gratification from the words of pundit, if anything the stinging words of criticism and demoralising comments should be admired as it provides a fuel for us to drive and kick on. If in our hearts and heads we know we are on the right path, then we don't need to seek the words of pundits. Anyone can sit in a studio and say x,y and z but the reality is they don't know the half of it, if they properly analysed and gave concerted evidence and examples of plays, tactics utilised incorrectly or poor decision making which is not BLATANTLY obvious I would actually listen but the problem is right now the footballing pundits in the majority are football illiterate cvnts who may have played the game but never thought it or actioned it from a tactical and managerial perspective. Thats why the better pundits (if they don't have an agenda) usually comprise of foreign players or managers or former great managers. Alan Hansen is a long established pro and a well established pundit but King Kenny at punditry takes him to the cleaners without even whincing. Thats why when the Merson's, Redknapp's and Sherwood's of this world speak, I avoid to listen.

Well said my friend, I cant believe so many people are so infuriated by what some journey man footballer has got to say anyway,its like listening<not that I have heard> to a supporter of an opposition team, of course its going to be negative. Personally I switch the TV, Radio etc off after the game win ,lose or draw. Anytime I do happen to still have it I just laugh at the sheer stupidity of these people.
I will have to take a stance and say yes i believe this is our one and only chance to win it, and if we do not, then I feel the implications will be that we wont win it for another 5-6 years.(21.01.09)

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: February 7, 2009, 09:18:01 pm »
Was Torres' weird finger celebration a retort to Nugent's "1-0" thing?

I'd of done it right in that bitter knobheads face
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: February 7, 2009, 09:18:25 pm »
Can anyone work out sherwoods agenda? I don't understand why he apparently hates us and rafa especially? has been slagging us for weeks.

I tell you what, it'll be fucking sweet if we do win the league to ram it up the arse of those thick fuckers who constantly slag us off.

Anyway, 3 points. Just. Crack on till next week.

up the hammers and all that.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: February 7, 2009, 09:18:26 pm »
You mean like if someone raped him and left him in a ditch, bleeding from the arse, slowly freezing to death?

Sounds like you've got your night out planned. Do you want to borrow a balaclava and some duct tape?   ;D
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: February 7, 2009, 09:20:21 pm »
He's fucking immense Rafa - well in Rafa - YNWA

Unfortunately, he is too intelligent for the media circus that is Setanta.

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #772 on: February 7, 2009, 09:20:27 pm »
Can some one tell me what formation we were playing today please?

I missed the build up was stuck at work  :-\
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline ged_red

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #773 on: February 7, 2009, 09:21:08 pm »
Totally makes up for dropping points to Everton and Wigan.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: February 7, 2009, 09:21:35 pm »
Was Torres' weird finger celebration a retort to Nugent's "1-0" thing?

I'd of done it right in that bitter knobheads face

Could well be and ;D

Showing his appreciation for us with the bounce and pissing Nugget off too

Offline phoenix wright

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Kid Torres
« Reply #775 on: February 7, 2009, 09:21:47 pm »
what was Torres symbol on his celebration for ?

Number 9

But tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #776 on: February 7, 2009, 09:21:50 pm »
I've calmed down now and can enjoy the victory. I think we should all jack in Setanta though. Those fuckers should feel the backlash of the baised, evil shite they dished up tonight. I for one will cancel it. I'm not giving any of my money to them. Shower of cunnts. They can stick Tim Sherwood up Craig Burley's arse.....though they'll probably both like that.

Well done Rafa. Fuck the doubters. What do they know? Fuck all. Top of the league in February. Marvellous.

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: February 7, 2009, 09:21:54 pm »

3-5-2

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #778 on: February 7, 2009, 09:22:04 pm »

3-5-2 i think not sure meself!

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #779 on: February 7, 2009, 09:22:18 pm »
Well said my friend, I cant believe so many people are so infuriated by what some journey man footballer has got to say anyway,its like listening<not that I have heard> to a supporter of an opposition team, of course its going to be negative. Personally I switch the TV, Radio etc off after the game win ,lose or draw. Anytime I do happen to still have it I just laugh at the sheer stupidity of these people.

first time in ages i actually watched the after game bollocks, but sherwood was unfuckingbelievably biased, even a blue watching the game with me was shocked
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline scousertommy33

• Kemlynite
« Reply #780 on: February 7, 2009, 09:22:23 pm »
This might send Tony over the edge.  Reckon he will be found Monday morning, in a dark room with a empty litre bottle of Grants looking suspicious!

Offline LFC-Dan

• one of the worst here!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: February 7, 2009, 09:22:51 pm »
Can anyone work out sherwoods agenda? I don't understand why he apparently hates us and rafa especially? has been slagging us for weeks.
Just a bitter Pompey loser aint he.
Justice for the 96

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: February 7, 2009, 09:23:40 pm »
I've calmed down now and can enjoy the victory. I think we should all jack in Setanta though. Those fuckers should feel the backlash of the baised, evil shite they dished up tonight. I for one will cancel it. I'm not giving any of my money to them. Shower of cunnts. They can stick Tim Sherwood up Craig Burley's arse.....though they'll probably both like that.

Well done Rafa. Fuck the doubters. What do they know? Fuck all. Top of the league in February. Marvellous.
Thread in general football and sport with non-0870 number to call for cancelling. Just did it myself.

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #783 on: February 7, 2009, 09:23:44 pm »
cheers lunatic and scouse4eva  ;D
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #784 on: February 7, 2009, 09:23:53 pm »
Totally makes up for dropping points to Everton and Wigan.

agree 100% big win for the confidence

what team and formation will rafa pick for the man city game ?

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
« Reply #785 on: February 7, 2009, 09:24:23 pm »
I am a bit pissed, and still buzzing! What an ending! Last minute winner to put us top, takes away some of the pain of wed.
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #786 on: February 7, 2009, 09:25:04 pm »
I've just looked through the in-match thread and my Christ in heaven there are some fucking tools in there!

Yes, the team selection seemed to be a strange one, but from the off, it was proven to be a good one and the subs were inspired, as we played fucking well, but Oh no - some just had to throw the towel in from the start and continue to deride everything both during the game and afterwards in this thread.

Some of the so-called fans on here are no better than that twat Sherwood and the other shitheads like Gray.

Open word of advice for the MANY knobbers that are polluting this forum:

Watch the game and learn something about football and especially the team you support (that should be Liverpool btw) before gobbing off, or you run the very real risk of looking a c*nt.

If, however, being known as a part of a woman's anatomy is a personal goal for you (and by some of the posts in here and elsewhere, it quite clearly is for a lot of people...) do continue to sprout forth the utter shite that you have already and Voila! goal achieved.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Fjohn

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
« Reply #787 on: February 7, 2009, 09:25:20 pm »
Phew!!
No money, no credibility, no honesty, no integrity, no dignity, no custodian. HICKS OUT...

Offline CF999

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • RTK
« Reply #788 on: February 7, 2009, 09:26:30 pm »
haha. The league is fixed and corrupt according to red cafe. LMFAO ;D

Offline Southderryred

• Main Stander
  • RED AND PROUD
« Reply #789 on: February 7, 2009, 09:26:34 pm »
houghton on rte gave  liverpool and benitez a awful hard time - wanker

Offline hobbes2007

• Main Stander
    • Robot Geek
« Reply #790 on: February 7, 2009, 09:26:56 pm »
Well played lads, great to pull out the fire like that at the end....enjoyed reading the ingame thread just now. Some comedy gold there. Agree with the comments on not getting pissed off with commentators etc, but when you watch a game on TV and hear them droning on all the way through "Rafa gamble....mumble.....Torres on the bench.....groan.....outburst at our Lord Sir Alex....whine....title hopes down the drain.....etc" it's difficult not to get pissed off. And smug when we do win!

Mr Nugent, with this bitter gesture you are really spoiling us.

Get in there.
Calvin: "You know Hobbes, some days even wearing your lucky rocketship underpants doesn't seem to help"

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #791 on: February 7, 2009, 09:27:01 pm »
3-4-2-1 I reckon it was.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #792 on: February 7, 2009, 09:27:21 pm »
What the fuck are you on, the game went for 93 mins, we scored 91 and played until the final whistle.

We're top of the league, played well, one of theirs was off side, the other was poor defending but apart from that we bossed them and then Rafa brought on the usual suspects to finish them off.

That was a sign of a championship winning team that, well in Redmen, well in Rafa keep it up and thank fuck you all know as well that the game lasts until the final minute and does end not some five minutes before.
Like your style... :-)
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline seaofred

• Main Stander
« Reply #793 on: February 7, 2009, 09:27:27 pm »
first time in ages i actually watched the after game bollocks, but sherwood was unfuckingbelievably biased, even a blue watching the game with me was shocked

Is there any VT on it ? can anyone source the aftergame comments?
I will have to take a stance and say yes i believe this is our one and only chance to win it, and if we do not, then I feel the implications will be that we wont win it for another 5-6 years.(21.01.09)

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: February 7, 2009, 09:27:39 pm »

Top post! Liverpool fans? A lot just want to see the manager to go... it´s about the club, not the ego of a fan..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #795 on: February 7, 2009, 09:27:43 pm »
Don't know if anyone else has picked up on these - 
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/p9ZK99p4PyyZNiCv5URC

Absolutely brilliant - this one is a comparison between Carra and Campbell...

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline lfc_rhcp

• Anny Roader
« Reply #796 on: February 7, 2009, 09:28:10 pm »
cant believe the shite rafa gets from the media its ridiculous, were top of the league and thats all that matters and were showing weve got the fighting spirit to go the whole distance. Brilliant win made my day. Shearwood can fuck right off, they havent got a clue on setanta

Offline thekiller123

• Main Stander
« Reply #797 on: February 7, 2009, 09:28:47 pm »
WHAT A RAFA MASTERCLASS. He is a genius. We have been scoring all our goals late these days. Good move not to play el nino till the end.
would rather have an energetic torres for15 mins at the end when we are at our most leathal , Than a tired torres for sixty minutes.

Fuck YOU Tim Sherwood and Bluenose

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: February 7, 2009, 09:28:58 pm »
haha. The league is fixed and corrupt according to red cafe. LMFAO ;D

Yet in spite of that, we're top ;)

Anyway, fuck redcafe.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Genericguy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #799 on: February 7, 2009, 09:29:00 pm »
I was whinging when we were 2-1 down.

I was wrong.

Fucking love Torres.