Author Topic: Rafa knocks back contract  (Read 140855 times)

Offline Tyler Durden

• Kopite
Re: Rafa knocks back contract
« Reply #680 on: January 16, 2009, 05:55:08 pm »
Or how about paying just someone a lot of money to be a good CEO? Answer? Rafa, as much as I love the guy, is stubborn. And he thinks he can do everything himself. Parry is a c*nt. I think if we got the best CEO in the world, Rafa would find a problem.
He wants more control because it seems apparent that the lovable Rick isnt going anywhere due to him being in bed with Gillet, hence why we cant just go and get another CEO

Offline Djimis Telescopic Leg

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #681 on: January 16, 2009, 05:55:09 pm »
Its their fucking money. People have this idea that Rafa is always right and everyone else is evil and always wrong and always trying to trip him up, like Dick Dastardly. Maybe we couldnt afford Simao, Alves or Barry? I mean, didnt we spend £20 million on Robbie Keane this summer? If Rafa was so set on getting Barry, why not just offer what Villa wanted straight away? Because then we'd have an average versatility man instead of Xabi Alonso. Damn swines.
So what's the problem with Rafa being given a transfer budget, deciding how he wishes to spend it and getting Parry on the job? Hicks and Gilett get to put in as much money as they want, and Rafa, the only one of the four who knows more than an iota about football, decides who he wants to spend it on, and Parry gets on the job. It's hardly rocket science is it?

If I bought a pig farm tomorrow, and hired a world class pig farmer to run it, gave the pig farmer £x to buy pigs, and the pig farmer decided that some special breed of pig was worth £y (y<x) to the farm, I'd trust his judgement. Because my knowledge of pigs is, to say the least, limited, I wouldn't have the arrogance to believe that my input on the matter was of any value.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #682 on: January 16, 2009, 05:56:10 pm »
It's blatantly obvious that this stumbling block in Rafa's contract is Parry related.

Rafa as said it's nothing to do with the Length/Finances of the deal on offer.

The major stumbling which is quite frightening is that Parry thinks he knows a thing or two about the game.
I'm not doubting Parry has forgot more than i know about the Administration side of the game,but this is the tricky part...................he thinks he knows about the playing side as well!!!!!!!!!
Now no one but no one has a big a Ego has Ricky boy.
That's where Rafa's frustration comes in that, Rafa identifies a Potential target with a certain figure in mind,Ricky boy (if he had brains he be dangerous) thinks nah don't fancy him,and put obstacles up as to why we shouldn't sign him (me phones off) and before ye know it someone stepped in and took the player from under are noses!!!
Malouda
Vidic
Garay etc etc etc

What I find a bit frightening is that he just spent 20m on a player, that player scores 3 goals in 2 games after being dropped and then doesn't play in the next 3 games. That worries me because it suggests he doesn't have any confidence in the major signing of our season. So it is possible for Rafa to make a big mistake just like it looks like he may have done with Dossena.
However Gedo, if what you say is correct then I can only have sympathy with our manager. I don't believe any manager should have total control over transfers as it's not practical at all. But then again I don't believe that Rafa wants the total control that has been bounded about on here the last couple of days.
He probably wants what you have highlighted above, the right to choose within his budget which players are to be bought, and also probably the right to have a bigger say in the control of the academy, instead of an administrative baboon having the final say.
Parry seems to be the thorn in our side throughout all this, be nice to see how Rafa takes us forward once (or if) he has gone. The sooner the better imo.

Offline fowlerisgod96

• Legacy Fan
  • The Monster Masch
« Reply #683 on: January 16, 2009, 05:58:37 pm »
So what's the problem with Rafa being given a transfer budget, deciding how he wishes to spend it and getting Parry on the job? Hicks and Gilett get to put in as much money as they want, and Rafa, the only one of the four who knows more than an iota about football, decides who he wants to spend it on, and Parry gets on the job. It's hardly rocket science is it?

Thats what happens now. The problem is that Parry is shite. I didnt say Rafa shouldnt be given a budget or make the decisions over a players price. But the problem is that we need a better CEO. And not just for negotiating transfers, but for other stuff to get us onto a higher level.

And good pigs are harder to spot than good footballers.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Offline RAFA - 6 - 19

• Fighteningly inept.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: January 16, 2009, 06:00:05 pm »
not playing keane doesnt mean rafa has made a mistake. He has methods no one understands! It will be interesting to see how a fresh keane and torres fare as surely all these games will cacth up with the scum, they have another 3 games this week and have not played that well in a fair few games

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: January 16, 2009, 06:14:03 pm »
anyone listening to talksport? some guy 'in the know' from liverpool reckons rafa wants parry out and he wants the academy sorted because hes not bringing any of the academy kids to melwood!!

is this true any of the actual local academy kids made it to melwood?
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: January 16, 2009, 06:18:16 pm »
to be honest i don't know much about how our club is run at boardroom level but how the fuck is parry still at our club, he must be doing something right somewhere?

rafa can't stand him, hicks can't stand him.  he's just a sack of shit with a belt tied round the middle.

'you can only sell the family silver once' still rings loud in my head every day, the fucking tosser.

gillette obviously likes parry, but why is parry still in a job with liverpool fc?

does parry have a strong relationship with moores?

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: January 16, 2009, 06:21:28 pm »
to be honest i don't know much about how our club is run at boardroom level but how the fuck is parry still at our club, he must be doing something right somewhere?

all i know is our sponsorship deal is the worst in the big four

and our stadium is slightly smaller than chelseas yet they pull in twice as much through gate revenue while we played more home games than anyone last season
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: January 16, 2009, 06:23:01 pm »
all i know is our sponsorship deal is the worst in the big four

and our stadium is slightly smaller than chelseas yet they pull in twice as much through gate revenue while we played more home games than anyone last season

Surely you know the reason for that & would you back twit & twat if they charged London prices in Liverpool ?
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: January 16, 2009, 06:24:11 pm »
no mate.. read what u posted..
cheap shots at rafa in the name of loving LFC
no one not steven gerrard not fernando torres not hicks or gillett not parry and not benitez are or is bigger than the club no one is .

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: January 16, 2009, 06:27:29 pm »
Chelsea charge about £6-10 more than us a ticket together with the slightly higher capacity that which would account for about £500k more a game which should be about 14-20% more in gate receipts

but they have twice ours and thats because parry was so late implement corporate packages to bleed businesses of their money like manc/chelsea/arsenal etc were doing for years
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 06:30:54 pm by LFCfan4Life »

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline RAFA - 6 - 19

• Fighteningly inept.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: January 16, 2009, 06:28:08 pm »
no one not steven gerrard not fernando torres not hicks or gillett not parry and not benitez are or is bigger than the club no one is .

But surely rafa is a huge part as he is making us into a force again. Without him the owners would have fucked our club completely. He will be looked back upon as the man who saved us imo

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #692 on: January 16, 2009, 06:31:15 pm »
Rafa isn't acting as if he is bigger than the club so there's no point in debating this.  We know nobody is bigger than the club. I think the concept of 'Nobody is bigger than the club' is sometimes abused by persons with power higher up within the club. 

We shouldn't exploit any individual.  Players/managers all have rights.  No individual within the club should take advantage of another. We should work towards what's best for for the club as a whole but we must also try to motivate each individual to produce their best for the club.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 06:33:19 pm by SteveZissou »
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Serenity

• Legacy Fan
  • ...innuh in kuhtluss
    • Institutional Renaissance Academic System
« Reply #693 on: January 16, 2009, 06:33:22 pm »
Rafa is a only one in a position of power at the club that we can trust.
Bottom line: We can't lose him.
I am walking the earth... ... walking the earth. My marido is basque, he is bright; my children are resplendent, luminous. We are walking the earth... ... walking earth... ...walking earth...

I say. I decide....such is life...happy in faith.
God has spoken; be careful, imitation is flattery.

- Tee'kum'tee'bak'kai'laa bak'kuh'laa'aa'aa'aa'aal

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: January 16, 2009, 06:36:06 pm »
Chelsea charge about £6-10 more than us a ticket together with the slightly higher capacity that which would account for about £500k more a game which should be about 14-20% more in gate receipts

Chelseas cheapest tickets for the Boro game are £49 then £52 & £64
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

NinjaVideo

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #695 on: January 16, 2009, 06:44:09 pm »
If Rafa goes there are some serious implications.

1. Who replaces him and at what cost, new backroom staff etc.
sami lee is doing a godd job he would help a new manager if rafa left

2. Which of Rafa's players will follow and clear off, Torres, Javier, Pepe??
the players love liverpool they are not going to go just because rafa wasnt there

I despair. David Moores you have done much good for this club but the day you sold to G&H may go down in history as the day our club moved in a way that it will never ever fully recover from.

rafa is a good manager but i dont think he has reached the same level as dalglish or shankly yet

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #696 on: January 16, 2009, 06:45:25 pm »
This would be easy if not for the Keane signing. Come on, it was a bad buy. And I'm sure that hasn't been missed by the higher ups. It was money we couldn't afford to waste and I think it has severely weakened Rafa's hand from now on. Even if they cave and give him the contract he wants, don't think that signing won't come back to bite him in the arse further down the line.

For the record I'm behind Rafa and hope it all gets sorted out.

Offline jamiehill

• Kopite
  • MacIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt
« Reply #697 on: January 16, 2009, 06:46:05 pm »
Rafa's contract and terms have to be sorted now. Wait until City come in with an offer for Rafa, Torres, Reina, Masch, Agger ...... Stevie etc.
The English club proved that miracles really do exist. I've now made Liverpool my English team. They showed that football is the most beautiful sport of all. They showed their unconditional support at half-time when they were losing 3-0 and still they didn't stop singing." Diego Maradona

Offline neel2108

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the king.
« Reply #698 on: January 16, 2009, 06:49:49 pm »
This would be easy if not for the Keane signing. Come on, it was a bad buy. And I'm sure that hasn't been missed by the higher ups. It was money we couldn't afford to waste and I think it has severely weakened Rafa's hand from now on. Even if they cave and give him the contract he wants, don't think that signing won't come back to bite him in the arse further down the line.

For the record I'm behind Rafa and hope it all gets sorted out.

Thing is Rafa only wanted Keane after securing Barry, which was not done, and he made the point at the time that he was very angry at Keane being signed before Barry was. The reason for that apparently was Barry was set to play a major part in a change of formation, which Keane would have been a part of. Instead Keane was signed and Barry wasn't leaving Rafa with a player he no longer had use for.

The system was supposed to be 4-3-2-1 with the 3 man midfield of Mascherano, Alonso and Barry (on the left of the three) and Keane and Gerrard floating behind Torres, allowing Dossena to fly forwards along with Degen.
That was the plan anyway (According to Gabriel Marcotti who said he heard that from someone at the club or some other nonsense) Makes sense doesnt it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrryWFt7SII

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"With one swing of his gifted right boot Steven Gerrard says, Champions League, Knockout Stage, Here we come!!"

Just can't get enough...........

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: January 16, 2009, 06:50:52 pm »
If Rafa goes there are some serious implications.

1. Who replaces him and at what cost, new backroom staff etc.

2. Which of Rafa's players will follow and clear off, Torres, Javier, Pepe??

I despair. David Moores you have done much good for this club but the day you sold to G&H may go down in history as the day our club moved in a way that it will never ever fully recover from.
Who's him?

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: January 16, 2009, 06:51:09 pm »
Chelseas cheapest tickets for the Boro game are £49 then £52 & £64

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/TicketNewsDetail/0,,10268~1471960,00.html

cheapest is East Lower Family Centre £34 for members £39 for non members then there is 44, 47, 49

i agree SOME are 52 + 62 are their but we charge £38 for all our adults and ive paid £39 for cl games

but look at their attendance

Premier League
2002-03: 39,784
2003-04: 41,234
2004-05: 41,870
2005-06: 41,902
2006-07: 41,909

where we were getting between 44000-45000 every week
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 06:55:57 pm by LFCfan4Life »

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline cjc9020801Beverly Hills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #701 on: January 16, 2009, 06:51:24 pm »
Does anyone blame him ?

He is told to leave transfers to Parry.

He thinks Parry is a prick.

Hicks said Parry was a prick.

Joke.

Yes, and according to Tom Hick's, I read on teletext, that he thinks Rafa will stay for another 5 years! So if Hicks thinks Parry is a Prick, he is not only correct, but can't he sack Parry???

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #702 on: January 16, 2009, 06:52:14 pm »
anyone listening to talksport? some guy 'in the know' from liverpool reckons rafa wants parry out and he wants the academy sorted because hes not bringing any of the academy kids to melwood!!

is this true any of the actual local academy kids made it to melwood?
That's seemed pretty clear for a while
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: January 16, 2009, 06:55:10 pm »
That's seemed pretty clear for a while

i know none have made it to our team but he said that they were not even training with the first team and kids he bought himself with his scout were training with the first team. Darby was an academy product and he is training with the first team isnt he? Very interesting if it is true and got to feel sorry for the lads because there are some good kids in there like Ince.

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: January 16, 2009, 06:56:02 pm »
Possibly in the aid of ousting Parry.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: January 16, 2009, 06:56:09 pm »
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/TicketNewsDetail/0,,10268~1471960,00.html

cheapest is East Lower Family Centre £34 for members £39 for non members then there is 44, 47, 49

i agree SOME are 52 + 62 are their but we charge £38 for all our adults and ive paid £39 for cl games even if all their tickets

but look at their attendance

Premier League
2002-03: 39,784
2003-04: 41,234
2004-05: 41,870
2005-06: 41,902
2006-07: 41,909

where we were getting between 44000-45000 every week

But £49 is 25% straight off the bat and they are only in the Lower shed against Boro the prices go up again for Class A games,like i said it's London prices more than anything.

NinjaVideo

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #706 on: January 16, 2009, 07:06:19 pm »
I'd be amazed if Rafa didn't get his own way on this-not really worried to be honest.

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #707 on: January 16, 2009, 07:07:37 pm »
Its their fucking money. People have this idea that Rafa is always right and everyone else is evil and always wrong and always trying to trip him up, like Dick Dastardly.

True, it's an ignorant perception a lot of people have.

I want Rafa to sign a new contract just as much as anyone else, but please answer me one question: Would you REALLY give Rafa full control over transfers? After spending £20,000,000 of the clubs money on Robbie Keane and then sticking him on the bench every other game?

Offline kopk1w1

• Loved the freedom, hated the responsibility.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: January 16, 2009, 07:11:30 pm »
Fuckin hell, will I get drunk if this goes tits up.

Don't think it will though, Rafa knows he's on solid ground here, get rid of the Gacy like clown and all will be well.
"Hands up who knows what way we're kicking ?"

(Rafa Benitez – Half time.
Ataturk Stadium. Istanbul.
25th May 2005)

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #709 on: January 16, 2009, 07:12:12 pm »

I want Rafa to sign a new contract just as much as anyone else, but please answer me one question: Would you REALLY give Rafa full control over transfers? After spending £20,000,000 of the clubs money on Robbie Keane and then sticking him on the bench every other game?

As I've said earlier, don't believe what you hear in the rags, it won't be FULL CONTROL he's after, just more control. It'll be interesting to one day hear the true story about Parry's involvement in all this.

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: January 16, 2009, 07:12:55 pm »
Slighty off topic can we Resonable/logical views on Rafa'a signings

Gems                                                                     Duffs
Torres                                                                Pennant
Agger                                                                 Keane?
Skrtel                                                                 Dossena?
Mascherano                                                       Babel?
Reina
Arbeloa

Please be reasonable when considering free transfer like Degan,Voronin,Pellegrino.

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #711 on: January 16, 2009, 07:13:59 pm »
As I've said earlier, don't believe what you hear in the rags, it won't be FULL CONTROL he's after, just more control. It'll be interesting to one day hear the true story about Parry's involvement in all this.

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't want full control. I'd certainly want full control if I was manager.

Offline Tim-Cross

• The Banner's 5th Beatle - And a Tit (by order of Reeves and ChrisR)
  • Legacy Fan
  • beware of big birds.
« Reply #712 on: January 16, 2009, 07:14:09 pm »
Slighty off topic can we Resonable/logical views on Rafa'a signings

Gems                                                                     Duffs
Torres                                                                Pennant
Agger                                                                 Keane?
Skrtel                                                                 Dossena?
Mascherano                                                       Babel?
Reina
Arbeloa

Please be reasonable when considering free transfer like Degan,Voronin,Pellegrino.

You forgot Alonso!
"Well, Liverpool haven't done much for a very long time but they can still remember.  And last night, they remembered, and the force of their memories was strong enough to bring the past to life"

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: January 16, 2009, 07:15:24 pm »

By the sounds of it Robbie Keane is the reason Rafa wants the full control.

I'd be perfectly happy if they told him, "Here's 25 million*, plus anything you can make from sales". *for example

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: January 16, 2009, 07:17:54 pm »
You forgot Alonso!
Sorry it was only a quick point

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #715 on: January 16, 2009, 07:18:33 pm »
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #716 on: January 16, 2009, 07:20:20 pm »
You forgot Alonso!

Where does Crouch fit?
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #717 on: January 16, 2009, 07:22:48 pm »
You forgot Lucas

But which side would you put him on?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
'Nuff said...

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #718 on: January 16, 2009, 07:22:50 pm »
This was always going to come to a head and in fact there's a thread in 'Off the Pitch' that's been running for some weeks re this very issue; the structure of the club.

Apparently it's not uncommon for a manager to have control over most aspects on the continent, with the exception to an extent at likes of Barca and Madrid where there are elections for power & members (supporters) get a vote.

But generally in the UK this isn't the case.  There's always been checks & balances.  No Liverpool manager previously has had unchecked control over everything at the club, be it Shanks, Paisley or Dalglish.  Obviously they probably had more competent Chief Exec's & indeed Chairmen backing them.

It's patently obvious that Parry is a major problem.  Hicks would obviously back Rafa in getting rid.  But then that potentially opens cans of worms over who replaces Parry.  And if it turns out to be a yes man to Hicks then this may not be in the best longer term interests for the club.  Rafa has always the option of moving on in the future if things don't pan out to his liking.

Jury's out for me on this one.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: January 16, 2009, 07:24:54 pm »
and Babel? Ngog? He signed a lot 8)
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10