Author Topic: Rafa knocks back contract  (Read 140858 times)

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rafa knocks back contract
« Reply #960 on: January 17, 2009, 02:45:16 pm »
Rafa doesn't want "full control". For about the tenth time.

If he went to City he would have no control.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #961 on: January 17, 2009, 02:46:22 pm »
I think people are missing the point, him having control over how to spend the transfer budget and over the acadmey would benefit the club.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #962 on: January 17, 2009, 02:47:25 pm »
Nothing has changed 'since Stoke'

The press are trying to wind Liverpool and it's fans up - and it seems (With the fans at least) that they are finding very easy targets.

Rafa turning down his contract has got nothing to do with the press. Rafa has used the press on this occasion and its something we have all been moaning about for the last two years airing the dirty laundree in public.

All this shit started when he couldnt sign GazBaz he still seems to have a bee in his bonnet about it.
And in this case the owners where right even though they are wrong about everything else.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 02:49:36 pm by Lyndsey_LFC »

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: January 17, 2009, 02:48:13 pm »
Some class A scaremongering and sensationlism from Charlie Nicholas on Sky Sports News.

Twat!
i seen that. i turned over once le tissier joined the party
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: January 17, 2009, 02:48:34 pm »

And?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: January 17, 2009, 02:49:35 pm »
If Rafa is allowed to sell the players he wants to sell – something else that he would like to have control of – then that money, alongside another £10 -15 million would ensure Liverpool are competing for top honours in all competitions next season as well.

Whom does Rafa want to sell that he is not being 'allowed' to sell? Odd thing to write. Eg does he want to off-load Carra but isn't allowed to because Carra makes too much money for the club through shirt sales etc?

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #966 on: January 17, 2009, 02:49:45 pm »
If Shanklyboy is around, or later, thanks for your earlier Parry post.

Could you clarify the current role Parry has regarding transfers?  And would he be unduly upset to hand whatever role he plays in transfer dealings wholly to Rafa?

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: January 17, 2009, 02:51:31 pm »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #968 on: January 17, 2009, 02:56:48 pm »
If Shanklyboy is around, or later, thanks for your earlier Parry post.

Could you clarify the current role Parry has regarding transfers?  And would he be unduly upset to hand whatever role he plays in transfer dealings wholly to Rafa?

You mean you can't answer this for yourself?

If Parry wouldn't be "unduly upset" or whatever, then Rafa wouldn't need to bring things public about where the situation is currently. Rafa would have been handed what he wants and he'd have a new contract signed ,sealed, and delivered.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: January 17, 2009, 03:03:56 pm »
Surely if the yanks want rid of Parry they would sack him no?

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: January 17, 2009, 03:11:56 pm »
Rafa turning down his contract has got nothing to do with the press. Rafa has used the press on this occasion and its something we have all been moaning about for the last two years airing the dirty laundree in public.

All this shit started when he couldnt sign GazBaz he still seems to have a bee in his bonnet about it.
And in this case the owners where right even though they are wrong about everything else.

what are you on about bee in his bonnet FFS he is trying to sort our his own contract to do what he feels he should have been doing since day one

we made barry offers which villa said no to fuck all anyone can do about that and no one would match our valuation of Alonso

People here wanted rid of Alonso because 'his form was poor' just because he has returned to his great 2005 form it doesn't mean at the time it might not have been a good change. At the end of the day we were making barry bids without even accepting any Alonso bids so we may well have had both of them come end of the window.

I don't think Rafa wants rid of Parry he just wants to do those few things he wants instead of parry and leave parry to spend his time doing all the other things he should be
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #971 on: January 17, 2009, 03:15:47 pm »
Hicks does Gillett doesn't, neither can make a decision without the others agreement.

I wonder who thought up that little arrangement. Maybe Rick's not as daft as we thought. All he has to do is keep one owner on side and he is made for life.

Makes Rick's reccommendation  to go with 2 owners instead of DIC a bit easier to understand, especially the due diligence being completed in record time.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #972 on: January 17, 2009, 03:17:31 pm »

Both of them have to agree, and Gillet wont agree to it as currently you have Parry and Moores voting with Gillet and his son voting against Hicks and his two votes. Getting rid of Parry could change Gillets 4-2 advantage in the board, and Gillet wont let that happen.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: January 17, 2009, 03:17:40 pm »
Excuse me for asking, but who was the CEO that Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, & Dalglish reported to?

When did LFC appoint a CEO?

And how many league titles since then?

;)
peter robinson was club secretary then CEO before parry before a CEO was at any club the club Secretary was the main man like it is in amateur football .

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: January 17, 2009, 03:23:06 pm »
he is trying to sort our his own contract to do what he feels he should have been doing since day one

Surely its not that hard to sort out? Why go to Tony barrett about it? Why not wait till the end of the season? Its plain to see him and Parry dont see eye to eye so Parry should step aside and do what hes good at thats if he is good at anything.

I love Rafa and hope he is here for years but HE did go to the press with this no one else when we have all been moaning about the clubs problems being in the public eye.

Then we hear Hicks yesterday saying he emails rafa who the fuck is running the club?

Offline mainstandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: January 17, 2009, 03:25:07 pm »
Then we hear Hicks yesterday saying he emails rafa who the fuck is running the club?

Rick Parry runs the club . he runs it now and he ran it when moores was the owner  thats a CEO's job who ever it is .

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #976 on: January 17, 2009, 03:28:14 pm »
Surely its not that hard to sort out? Why go to Tony barrett about it? Why not wait till the end of the season? Its plain to see him and Parry dont see eye to eye so Parry should step aside and do what hes good at thats if he is good at anything.

I love Rafa and hope he is here for years but HE did go to the press with this no one else when we have all been moaning about the clubs problems being in the public eye.

What is Rafa supposed to do he is trying to wrestle control of the playing side of the Football club from Rick Parry and who do the Yanks have him negotiating his contract with Yep the very same Rick Parry.

You couldn't make it up.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #977 on: January 17, 2009, 03:30:22 pm »
Rafas contract??

Why has this changed anything?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: January 17, 2009, 03:37:55 pm »
Of course you're suggesting it. You've just bloody said it (Twice)

Three times as i've pulled him up on it (and been ignored) infact over the past couple of days Xerxes has stated a few things as fact,been pulled up on it,ignored the poster and gone on to state more things as fact as if he lives in the fecking boardroom.
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: January 17, 2009, 03:38:14 pm »
What is Rafa supposed to do he is trying to wrestle control of the playing side of the Football club from Rick Parry and who do the Yanks have him negotiating his contract with Yep the very same Rick Parry.

You couldn't make it up.

I dunno Al I am chocker with all this shite, never a dull momment feel like jacking it in, Rafa & Hicks want Parry out, should that happen Hicks piles more debt on the club.  Its all a clashing of egos, and none of them are pulling in the same direction.  :butt

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: January 17, 2009, 03:41:52 pm »

You couldn't make it up.
Off coarse he is going to be negotiating his contract with Parry (well his people) that's what Parry does as is the same with all clubs/company's . Anyway they will all meet somewhere in the middle IMO and things will move on , it may just be at the end of the season that"s all when maybe it should have taken place anyway .

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: January 17, 2009, 03:45:41 pm »
I think you nailed it Shanklyboy. There are people around who feel vindicated by our collective setbacks, and are inside very slyly celebratory about them, because they chime with their own agenda.

Makes you sick mate doesn't it,the thing that winds me up more than anything is how they don't have the balls and come out and say what there posting history shows us insted they claim that they want Rafa to stay BUT
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #982 on: January 17, 2009, 03:45:44 pm »
I dunno Al I am chocker with all this shite, never a dull momment feel like jacking it in, Rafa & Hicks want Parry out, should that happen Hicks piles more debt on the club.  Its all a clashing of egos, and none of them are pulling in the same direction.  :butt
If we get rid of Parry and get some one in who can market the club properly, get decent sponsorship deals, increase the profile of the club the debt problems will be taken care of.

The club is in great shape on the pitch, it just needs to be run properly of it.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: January 17, 2009, 04:16:09 pm »
I wonder how tactful most people think Rafa is being when he publically dresses down the club again. Some day the owners might call his bluff.

Does Rafa want someone else in control of the transfers and academy or does he want control? If he wants extra off the field duties at the club then how does that affect his primary role at the club?Which player have we not purchased lately that was caused by Parry's meddling?

Storm in a tea cup made very public....again.

Better win that derby is all I can say as if the most recent off the field events ..stirred primarily by Rafa...affects our form then the buck should stop with the guy rocking the boat. No?

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline toshi

• Kopite
  • Respect
« Reply #984 on: January 17, 2009, 04:41:57 pm »
Makes you sick mate doesn't it,the thing that winds me up more than anything is how they don't have the balls and come out and say what there posting history shows us insted they claim that they want Rafa to stay BUT

exactly...... sometimes i wonder wheter they're really a fan or internet soldier for hire :wanker
CJ        : "Morton, this is President Bartlett"
Bartlett : "Hey Morton"
Morton (stunned) : "WOW"
Bartlett  : "Well Said"

Offline PassAndMove

• Whinge and Moan
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #985 on: January 17, 2009, 04:55:01 pm »
Rafa is playing out in the media, how many LFC managers have done that? Not even Houllier complained when Parry spoke to Rafa the December of GH's last season (GH mentioned this in 442). Rafa is a disgrace in the way he is acting, he is being selfish and wants to own the club by proxy and make cronies like Macia in charge of transfers. Even his best mate Ayesterian was on Spanish TV saying how Rafa is a changed man and now un recognisable from the man he was. Funny was money and power can do to you... he has never had the power anywhere that he has had here.

Also where would this all conquering Rafa go to get "full control" if he leaves?

Offline simmo

• D cup - Carragher's just a stopper, Gerrard's not a great player, Torres is a mercenary opportunist, Mascherano's not very good, Rafa's a clown... oh and Liverpool aren't a great club... opinion or wind-up?... you decide...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #986 on: January 17, 2009, 04:59:36 pm »
The best thing for the club is to get rid of Hicks, Gillette, Parry and Benitez then bring people in that can all work together only then will the club move forward, I know it's virtually impossible but we need all concerned to go now for the good of the club, the whole thing is getting embarrassing now.

Offline PassAndMove

• Whinge and Moan
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #987 on: January 17, 2009, 05:03:05 pm »
The best thing for the club is to get rid of Hicks, Gillette, Parry and Benitez then bring people in that can all work together only then will the club move forward, I know it's virtually impossible but we need all concerned to go now for the good of the club, the whole thing is getting embarrassing now.

Totally agree with this to be honest. Or bring in a top CEO who won't take Rafa's bollocks and also has talent to manage the club. And I don't mean Ian fucktard Ayres.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: January 17, 2009, 05:03:34 pm »

I look forward to the humble pie you and some others are going to be eating when , once again Rafa delivers more trophies for our club.

He's going nowhere, so bloody well get used to it.

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: January 17, 2009, 05:07:44 pm »
exactly...... sometimes i wonder wheter they're really a fan or internet soldier for hire :wanker

And some of them might just have opinions different from yourself. Personally while I think the jist of Rafa's point is right in regards to Parry, I'd rather he wasn't carrying on like this in the media....yet again. We're top of the league and we need to be focused on that not all this other shit. People hammered the Americans this time last year for conducting business in the media yet now Benitez is doing it. He didn't have to go public with this, he's chosen to. Personally I'd rather he hadn't.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: January 17, 2009, 05:17:45 pm »

Personally while I think the jist of Rafa's point is right in regards to Parry, I'd rather he wasn't carrying on like this in the media

He didn't have to go public with this, he's chosen to. Personally I'd rather he hadn't.

My affection for Rafa is well known.  But I agree.
I feel he might have made his first mistake here. Or there's an ulterior motive.

I look forward to hearing from Shanklyboy who clearly has an inside track to Parry.

If, as I suspect, Parry himself would have no difficulty handing on the transfer responsibilities in order to get on with his other duties.... then I seriously have to ask what Rafa is doing here?

And IF Parry is not the obstacle to Benitez taking more control, then who is?  Is it one of the owners?

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: January 17, 2009, 05:18:31 pm »
well if it was reported that rafa had refused to sign a new contrct we would all be asking why if the reason wasnt made public.

so maybe its the right thing to come out with the reason.

imo parry should have nothing to do with what players we are after unless he is told to negotiate by rafa.

cant see what input he can have unless he has a deep understanding of the game and what rafa is trying to acheive.

have to ask the question was keane really a "total" rafa signing?

2 things struck me about it..
1.keane rarely settles straight away and he is 28
2.where would you play him if you know you are not going to play gerarrd central midfield ??
and lets face it we all know rafa doesnt really like gerrard playing centrally
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #992 on: January 17, 2009, 05:18:59 pm »

THe best thing for the club is to get rid of whining knobhead 'fans' like yourself.

No offence.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #993 on: January 17, 2009, 05:21:55 pm »
CTR - your point about one of the owners having a problem is interesting - see this from the Liverpool Daily Post:

it is understood Gillett was unhappy that, after a joint statement was put out from the owners concerning Benitez’s contract, Hicks held a further, separate interview.

Gillett is worried that the perception will be Hicks and Benitez are siding against Gillett and chief executive Rick Parry, which is not the case.

Interesting. Hicks was trying to win brownie points with the fans, but has now pissed off his co-owner. Being the LDP I'm sure this briefing comes straight from Gillett.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/01/17/liverpool-fc-rafa-benitez-set-to-walk-away-in-the-summer-64375-22713093/

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #994 on: January 17, 2009, 05:22:56 pm »

Ditto Madrid to be honest
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: January 17, 2009, 05:24:10 pm »

G+H+Parry offer him a contract and he has to negotiate terms with them

firstly the contract offer was made public, the press started making up stories then Rafa said i only just got it im looking at it etc

then the press ask are you going to sign it, he replys no its not right yet but if its right next time ill sign

the press spin it like shit again so he tells tony the truth

fact is the press are all over us Moyes was taking months to sign his fucking contract you didnt hear all this bullshit about him did you?

the press wants to put us under pressure so they can have a field day selling papers and getting reactions

the fans and the pundits keep reacting and the papers keep making it up

I mean just look at these he will Walk stories its speculation nothing else they look at why he left valencia and start making up stories that hes planning the same here
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 05:25:59 pm by LFCfan4Life »
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: January 17, 2009, 05:24:32 pm »
My affection for Rafa is well known.  But I agree.
I feel he might have made his first mistake here. Or there's an ulterior motive.

I look forward to hearing from Shanklyboy who clearly has an inside track to Parry.

If, as I suspect, Parry himself would have no difficulty handing on the transfer responsibilities in order to get on with his other duties.... then I seriously have to ask what Rafa is doing here?

And IF Parry is not the obstacle to Benitez taking more control, then who is?  Is it one of the owners?

Sorry but you've only addressed one sticking point of Rafa's.

What about the Academy and Parry having hired his son there. Do you expect Rick to readily agree to give up control?

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: January 17, 2009, 05:32:03 pm »
well if it was reported that rafa had refused to sign a new contrct we would all be asking why if the reason wasnt made public.

so maybe its the right thing to come out with the reason.

imo parry should have nothing to do with what players we are after unless he is told to negotiate by rafa.

cant see what input he can have unless he has a deep understanding of the game and what rafa is trying to acheive.

have to ask the question was keane really a "total" rafa signing?

2 things struck me about it..
1.keane rarely settles straight away and he is 28
2.where would you play him if you know you are not going to play gerarrd central midfield ??
and lets face it we all know rafa doesnt really like gerrard playing centrally

Well IF it was reported then would be the time to act but it wasn't reported. As he did last week he came out with a prepared statement and threw the cat amongst the pigeons while we're in the middle of a title race. All he had to say was discussions are ongoing. There'd have been no incentive for Parry, Gillett or Hicks to rock the boat and announce he'd rejected the contract. Rafa's done this because I suspect he knows the level of support he has amongst the fans. I think its a little unfair on his behalf.

I agree that Parry should have no input into who we buy (still I have to wonder who prevented Alonso leaving, and from the sound of Ballague's statement it wasn't Rafa) but this is being played out in the media again and that's not on, and only one person has instigated this.

The Keane thing is a strange one but if he wasn't Rafa's signing then August would have been the time to shout about it. He could have made his point back then when Barry was railroaded and Keane was signed and he could and should have resigned if it was the case, no point moaning about it now. That's why I don't believe that Keane wasn't his signing, there was no noise about it and he seemed happy with the deal. Personally I'd rather hear a statement from Rafa on that situation.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #998 on: January 17, 2009, 05:32:31 pm »
Rafa didn't bring up a new contract Hicks did, In response Rafa said if we must discuss a contract now then  I want it sorted straight away, so the speculation doesn't affect the team.

Every press conference Rafa get's the same questions about his contract. Details of his contract negotiations have been leaked to the tabloids. So what does he do leave it to fester and be spun by Sky and the like.

No he meets it head on and speaks to Tony Barret a trusted Red who has the club's best interests at heart.

Whats the problem it is exactly what Shanks would of done.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Notayesman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: January 17, 2009, 05:37:05 pm »
Rafa didn't bring up a new contract Hicks did, In response Rafa said if we must discuss a contract now then  I want it sorted straight away, so the speculation doesn't affect the team.

Every press conference Rafa get's the same questions about his contract. Details of his contract negotiations have been leaked to the tabloids. So what does he do leave it to fester and be spun by Sky and the like.

No he meets it head on and speaks to Tony Barret a trusted Red who has the club's best interests at heart.

Whats the problem it is exactly what Shanks would've done.

Don't gimme this Shanks business, you've no idea what Shanks would've done. If Rafa is so concerned about affecting the team he wouldn't have realeased the statement. The press can remark all they want, they've done it for years. Rafa has the ear of the team he can speak to them himself if he feels he needs to clear up the situation. In the meantime the fans, the team and Rafa could concentrate on winning the league.