Author Topic: Rafa knocks back contract  (Read 140847 times)

royhendo

Re: Rafa knocks back contract
« Reply #920 on: January 17, 2009, 12:29:33 pm »
Awesome post from Shanklyboy

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #921 on: January 17, 2009, 12:30:47 pm »
I think its 99% certain Rafa will get his way.  The owners will realise that its far better to lose Parry than it is to lose Benitez.  The only other option for them is to replace Parry with a CEO that Rafa trusts.
If we lose Benitez over this situation then the owners wont know what's hit them.  Fans will revolt, players will leave, it'll be Armegeddon.
The owners have a simple solution to the protests against them, that is to not bother watching the games live.
Guess what, they don't watch them, nothing we can do in the form of protest make a difference, we've cried wolf too many times in the last two years.
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #922 on: January 17, 2009, 12:31:22 pm »
I honestly believe that there is only two managers in the world that could replace Rafa in my eyes they would be Mourinho and O'Neill but i hope the entire issue gets resolved A.S.A.P I think Rafa could be here for the next ten years and make a huge success of it.

If either of those twats managed at Anfield - then that would be the end of my Liverpool love affair.

I'd still watch them on telly - but I'd hand my season ticket back and would never go to the game again.

If we sank so low as to take either of them on - then really there could be no way back.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Wayne05

• Main Stander
« Reply #923 on: January 17, 2009, 12:37:35 pm »
Amen to that

Offline Anya

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #924 on: January 17, 2009, 12:38:56 pm »
I think Rafa will sign a new contract soon.His just trying to make the board respect him more,i e: don`t sell the players he does not want to be sold like Agger.

He should pull a Cartman and him them whit a stick : respect my authoritah :no ;D
This is a interesting signature.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: January 17, 2009, 12:42:27 pm »

Some class A scaremongering and sensationlism from Charlie Nicholas on Sky Sports News.

Twat!
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #926 on: January 17, 2009, 12:43:18 pm »
If you want long-term success and stability, you allow the club to be shaped in the manager's image. We did it with Shankly, Man Utd did it Ferguson and although it's gone a bit wrong of late, Arsenal have, all in all, had a very fruitful 12 years after doing the same with Wenger.

You set out a transfer and wage budget and allow the manager to choose HIS targets WITHIN said budget. The chief executive can then deal directly with the selling club. You don't give the chief executive free reign to say "ooh, sorry....you *do*, in theory, have 18m to spend on this player but I think he's worth 16.75m, so you're not having him....". If you do that, you might as well give him the role 'Chief Executive / Co-Manager".

To support Parry in this argument is - undeniably - to want Parry as the new manager of Liverpool football club.

Offline Wayne05

• Main Stander
« Reply #927 on: January 17, 2009, 12:43:29 pm »
I think everyone should read and understand Shanklyboy's post ( 833 ) before ever posting again ? Quality

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #928 on: January 17, 2009, 12:44:11 pm »

Some class A scaremongering and sensationlism from Charlie Nicholas on Sky Sports News.

Twat!

You'd be best off talking to a knackered clock.

At least that's right twice a day

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: January 17, 2009, 12:45:23 pm »
You'd be best off talking to a knackered clock.

At least that's right twice a day

HA

Now Le Tiss is talking shite!
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #930 on: January 17, 2009, 12:45:55 pm »

He won't have total Control. He doesn't want total control. He hasn't asked for total control.

Exactly, ffs I wish people would stop making up bullshit and read between the lines, he loves it here, he'll get what he wants or somewhere near,  he's going nowhere.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #931 on: January 17, 2009, 12:47:26 pm »
I honestly believe that there is only two managers in the world that could replace Rafa in my eyes they would be Mourinho and O'Neill but i hope the entire issue gets resolved A.S.A.P I think Rafa could be here for the next ten years and make a huge success of it.

I thought the same thing 5 years ago which just goes to show how rarely managers of Rafa's calibre come along. No doubt Rafa will get his away again here but this ongoing public charade between the manager and the owners does the club no good. How can anybody expect the players to commit there futures to the club when the future of the manager is uncertain. The last time we changed managers we lost Michael Owen and nearly lost Steven Gerrard.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: January 17, 2009, 12:48:49 pm »

Yeah, never doubted Parry loves the club or works hard but he's not the man for the job anymore, that's clear to most people now. Great post Shanks.

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #933 on: January 17, 2009, 12:50:29 pm »
What I want to know is how can he get sacked if one of the owners is backing him up? I know he can resign but how would sacking work?
'Nuff said...

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #934 on: January 17, 2009, 12:51:22 pm »
I thought the same thing 5 years ago which just goes to show how rarely managers of Rafa's calibre come along. No doubt Rafa will get his away again here but this ongoing public charade between the manager and the owners does the club no good. How can anybody expect the players to commit there futures to the club when the future of the manager is uncertain. The last time we changed managers we lost Michael Owen and nearly lost Steven Gerrard.

People don't realise just how much upheaval it can cause. It was the right decision to get rid of Gérard Houllier, it would be catastrophic to get rid of Rafa right now.

Barring a blank cheque for the new boss to 'Mourinho' the title, it would leave us years, possibly a decade of further rebuilding for the new manager to build the club in his image - and in today's climate, it would seem unlikely he'd get that. From the word go it would essentially be time to start applauding a stable institution like Manchester United for pulling four, five titles ahead of us and almost certainly becoming the most successful English club in European history, too.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: January 17, 2009, 12:57:41 pm »
What I want to know is how can he get sacked if one of the owners is backing him up? I know he can resign but how would sacking work?

He can't and probably won't get sacked. They'll probably work their way around this by slightly changing responsibilities.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #936 on: January 17, 2009, 12:59:59 pm »
"So Rofa, what is it that you want?"

"I want, to be able to control the coaching and traning of my team, without the krusty look alike being involved, no?"

"Sure thing Rofa"
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: January 17, 2009, 01:04:51 pm »
gosh, everything was going well for a few weeks, up untill the stoke...kinda weird isnt it
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #938 on: January 17, 2009, 01:07:46 pm »
I think everyone should read and understand Shanklyboy's post ( 833 ) before ever posting again ? Quality

Ok...so how can this be fixed?  :wave
Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #939 on: January 17, 2009, 01:11:08 pm »
Maybe you would be happy for him to sign a contract that prevents him from doing his job properly so that you can get in on every thread and have a go at him.

I think you nailed it Shanklyboy. There are people around who feel vindicated by our collective setbacks, and are inside very slyly celebratory about them, because they chime with their own agenda.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: January 17, 2009, 01:11:31 pm »
gosh, everything was going well for a few weeks, up untill the stoke...kinda weird isnt it

That's exactly it. This road to self destruction, we need to get off it right NOW!

Rafa, please win us the bloody league and then you can rant till Kingdom come, and everyone will listen and nod.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline StormyDog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: January 17, 2009, 01:13:21 pm »
That's exactly it. This road to self destruction, we need to get off it right NOW!

Rafa, please win us the bloody league and then you can rant till Kingdom come, and everyone will listen and nod.
He'll be gone if we win the league, thats my fear.
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: January 17, 2009, 01:17:27 pm »
He'll be gone if we win the league, thats my fear.

I strongly believe he loves the club, he loves the wirral and most importantly, Montze does as well. He needs to be given total control of all the squads, but this year, we could lose the league not because of any onfield problems but because of the public infights between the board and the manager.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #943 on: January 17, 2009, 01:24:21 pm »
very interesting from balague:

http://www.guillembalague.com/blog_desp.php?titulo=Benitez%20contract%20talk%20is%20more%20than%20a%20game&id=191

17/01/2009 

Benitez contract talk is more than a game

The news that Rafa Benitez has rejected Liverpool’s latest contract offer has prompted a lot of very worried Liverpool fans to get in touch asking for my opinion on the situation.

I’m going to be honest here. When I was told by someone close to the negotiations at the beginning of the season that the issue of Rafa’s contract renewal looked bleak; at first I didn’t really believe it. I thought, back then, that this was perhaps the Benitez camp playing games: a negotiating tactic.

However, since then, there has been talk within footbal circles of other clubs following those contract developments very closely, and it became increasingly apparent that there was substance to those earlier claims. For example, it is believed that intermediaries, acting on behalf of Manchester City, approached Benitez’ representatives prior to the appointment of Mark Hughes.

You’ve all asked for my honest opinion and are maybe seeking reassurance, but I have to say that, at the moment, things are not looking great.

As I had previously reported on this website, the length of Rafa’s contract and the financial element of it was not going to be a problem. I also said that there was one final hurdle – the issue of control over football matters at the club – that was proving to be a major stumbling block.

While everyone had hoped that issue was going to be resolved, I cannot say I was surprised when the news broke yesterday that Rafa had rejected the latest offer.

As the Liverpool manager was quoted in the Liverpool Echo yesterday: "I have a lot of experience in football at different clubs and if you do not have a technical director and you are the manager you have to have control of the football decisions.

"But always within the confines of a budget which is controlled by the owners and the club. In this scenario the manager knows the amount money he has available to him and can decide how much he should spend on each player according to the needs of the team.

"The only person who can decide the value of a player to his squad is the manager because he knows what elements are needed to improve the squad."

Certain reports have taken this to mean that Rafa does not want to have to work with Rick Parry, while some have even suggested that he wants Parry removed from the scene altogether. That is completely wrong. They may not be the best of friends, but Rafa understands that there is mileage in the manager working alongside his Chief Executive: with Rafa deciding on sporting matters and transfer targets and Parry working to get the best deal from those transfers, while overseeing other financial matters within the club.

However, it is the grey area where those responsibilities overlap that is causing all of the problems. I don’t believe that Rafa is aiming to be involved in the minutiae of transfer and contract negotiations, but he would like to be given a budget within which he – and he alone –identifies the targets and prioritise accordingly, while deciding what those players are worth to him. In other words, he would like to be in a similar position to Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger. And if, in the past, he wanted to spend his budget on the likes of Vidic, Malouda, Ramsey, Anderson, Walcott or Barry: then he should have been allowed to do so.

People shopuld not read into this, however, that Rafa is particularly unhappy with his current squad. The side only needs 2-3 three players to lift it to another level, and Rafa knows that there is a wealth of young talent there with plenty of room for improvement. If Rafa is allowed to sell the players he wants to sell – something else that he would like to have control of – then that money, alongside another £10 -15 million would ensure Liverpool are competing for top honours in all competitions next season as well.

Since Eduardo Macia joined the youth set up, the names of Nabil El Zhar, Emiliano Insua, Damien Plessis, David Ngog and Krisztian Nemeth have all broken through, while the names Pacheco, Mikel, Bruna, Kelly and Ayala are all expected to become familiar ones in the future.

So the Liverpool academy is healthy, but Rafa is entitled to want a say on how the future stars of the club are developed. It’s not just about producing players, but about moulding the right kind of players: Liverpool players; players who, if Rafa is going to sign a long contract, fit in with his plans and share a philosophy. As Benitez said yesterday: "I know the academies of Ajax, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan and Valencia and they are producing players regularly.The way the system works there means the manager has an input into development and I think this could be the way forward here and we would hope that this would help us make better use of local talent."

Yet there was something else that was quite revelaing in Rafa’s interview yesterday. He told the Echo: “My relationship with the owners is better than people think. I have regular contact with them and especially with Tom Hicks who has always been very supportive.”

Rafa's failure to mention George Gillett leads me to ask: what is George Gillett’s role in all of this? What is his position?

Notice how it was Hicks who, as we have come to expect, came out with the positive comments after Rafa had spoken. "I will be working with Rafa to get this resolved - and I am just not worried about it at all," Hicks told Sky Sport News.

So Hicks will be working with Rafa to get things resolved, but what is Gillett doing? Why is Gillett happy to be seen as the one who appears to favour the status quo at the club? As Rafa said, he has been telling them what it is that he wants and they have been talking for some time now; yet they haven’t been able to work things out, compromise, or offer Rafa what he requires.

Hicks says he isn’t worried. Are they listening, do they think nothing is wrong? If that is the case, they may find they are looking for another manager in the summer.

Offline StormyDog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: January 17, 2009, 01:25:22 pm »
I strongly believe he loves the club, he loves the wirral and most importantly, Montze does as well. He needs to be given total control of all the squads, but this year, we could lose the league not because of any onfield problems but because of the public infights between the board and the manager.
As other have said, he's playing for the biggest stakes here if he is forced to back down, he'll leave. His stance on his job hasn't changed since November. Due to others dragging of knuckles feet, this has taken 2 months. Rafa has tried to stop rumors on his contract by staling in public the stance he has, this should stop the rumors and gossip as the FACTS are in the open. We will have no more contract talks so that the team can concentrate on the field.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #945 on: January 17, 2009, 01:26:58 pm »
some sketchy detail there - nemeth can't really be said to have broken through yet - but good knowledge of liverpools reserve strength and also suggestive of some ongoing behind the scenes shenanigans.

is rafa just sabre rattling behind the scenes to put pressure on the club like agger's agent has been doing in milan or will he really want to fuck off in the summer?

i can't see him wanting to leave but its clear his relationship with parry has come to a watershed moment.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #946 on: January 17, 2009, 01:40:41 pm »
Give him control
Give him control
That twat Parry
Send him back home

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #947 on: January 17, 2009, 01:42:24 pm »
"a incompetent Muppet like Coco"

That is astonishing. Parry might have his faults - but overall I think that he did and does a lot of good stuff for the club.

And petty name calling like you've just demonstrated is prety childish.
Yeh your right Parry has achieved a lot

Sold the Soul of football to Sky

Manchester Olympic bid                       Failed

Birmingham Olympic bid                       Failed

As soon as Rick wasn't involved in bidding for major events we got Euro 96, Manchester Commonwealth Games, London Olympics do you see the theme.

Rick was a suit at the FA and weaseled his way into Liverpool, shafting Peter Robinson in the process. He became joint CEO with Robinson before Robinson was pushed out.
Joint CEO the joint bit is a recurring theme.

Rick was brought in because of his perceived success of negotiating the Sky deal. He was supposed to revolutionise Liverpool and catch United in the marketing stakes.

He has failed spectacularly his list of failure is incredible.

Joint CEO's
Joint Manager's
Joint Owners

When he arrived the main aim was a new ground. 11 Years on and we are even further away from this goal than ever. As Liverpool fans we have had to sit and watch while dozen's of new stadiums have been built up and down the country.

Commercially we are an absolute joke look at the pathetic sponsorship deals we have signed while Slick Rick has been in charge. Even being Sued by one of our sponsors because of his incompetence.

The ticket fiasco's

The Steven Gerrard Debacle

Dragging his feet over transfers.

And finally how anyone could still be in their job after choosing the Yanks over DIC is beyond me. It should be US signing the likes of Kaka not City.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #948 on: January 17, 2009, 01:42:29 pm »
Give him control
Give him control
That twat Parry
Send him back home
:thumbup :thumbup
i SECOND THAT.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #949 on: January 17, 2009, 01:45:54 pm »

Manchester Olympic bid                       Failed

Birmingham Olympic bid                       Failed

As soon as Rick wasn't involved in bidding for major events we got Euro 96, Manchester Commonwealth Games, London Olympics do you see the theme.

Rick was a suit at the FA and weaseled his way into Liverpool, shafting Peter Robinson in the process. He became joint CEO with Robinson before Robinson was pushed out.

Rick was brought in because of his perceived success of negotiating the Sky deal. He was supposed to revolutionise Liverpool and catch United in the marketing stakes.

Joint CEO's
Joint Manager's
Joint Owners

When he arrived the main aim was a new ground. 11 Years on and we are even further away from this goal than ever. As Liverpool fans we have had to sit and watch while dozen's of new stadiums have been built up and down the country.

Commercially we are an absolute joke look at the pathetic sponsorship deals we have signed while Slick Rick has been in charge. Even being Sued by one of our sponsors because of his incompetence.

The ticket fiasco's

And finally how anyone could still be in their job after choosing the Yanks over DIC is beyond me. It should be US signing the likes of Kaka not City.

do you think kaka is worth 100M ?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #950 on: January 17, 2009, 01:53:47 pm »

Manchester Olympic bid                       Failed

Birmingham Olympic bid                       Failed

Joint CEO's
Joint Manager's
Joint Owners

The ticket fiasco's

First off - all the stuff pre-Liverpool I couldn't give a fuck about. What would you even think anyone cares? What the hell do you mean 'we'?! We fucking what? I take it you don't come from Liverpool. 'We' got fuck all.

He didn't 'choose' the Yanks over DIC - the owner of the club did.

We were shafted again and again by the bluenose council over the ground. If you can't recall that, I'm surprised.

He has made mistakes - who hasn't? But he also stopped us going the way of Leeds United, Mancheser City, Nottingham Forest and others (Especially Leeds) - which was the right approach at the time, but in todays climate with the current manager - then it's not looking viable at this time IMO.

Football, sadly, was about to implode when Sky came along - and although there is a lot to despise - a lot changed for the better - but that's a whole different thread - and his involvement in that wasn't anything mental - someone else would have done it if not him.

The "ticket fiasco's" have been building up for years and every club suffers it. Ironically enough - you slate our commercial appeal and situation - and it was attempting to right that with corporate shite which caused most of the problems. This wankstain of a shiny new ground (Full of plastic idiots) will be your dream because we'll get even more knobheads that know fuck all turning up with suits and stuffing their faces with prawns and cavier wondering what the hell is going on 'on that green thing with those silly little people running around, Tarquin'.

You can have debates about good and bad - but name calling?

Grow up lad.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 01:55:40 pm by Andy @ Allerton »

Offline lfc_1992

• Kemlynite
« Reply #951 on: January 17, 2009, 02:15:49 pm »

Offline lfc_1992

• Kemlynite
« Reply #952 on: January 17, 2009, 02:16:35 pm »
Ever since Stoke the mode has changed to how it used to be.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #953 on: January 17, 2009, 02:25:21 pm »
Ever since Stoke the mode has changed to how it used to be.

Nothing has changed 'since Stoke'

The press are trying to wind Liverpool and it's fans up - and it seems (With the fans at least) that they are finding very easy targets.

Offline lfc_1992

• Kemlynite
« Reply #954 on: January 17, 2009, 02:26:33 pm »
Nothing has changed 'since Stoke'

The press are trying to wind Liverpool and it's fans up - and it seems (With the fans at least) that they are finding very easy targets.

Rafas contract??

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #955 on: January 17, 2009, 02:26:50 pm »

football is all about results
just imagine if we beat everton 3 or 4 nil on monday night

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #956 on: January 17, 2009, 02:29:52 pm »
First off - all the stuff pre-Liverpool I couldn't give a fuck about. What would you even think anyone cares? What the hell do you mean 'we'?! We fucking what? I take it you don't come from Liverpool. 'We' got fuck all.

He didn't 'choose' the Yanks over DIC - the owner of the club did.

We were shafted again and again by the bluenose council over the ground. If you can't recall that, I'm surprised.

He has made mistakes - who hasn't? But he also stopped us going the way of Leeds United, Mancheser City, Nottingham Forest and others (Especially Leeds) - which was the right approach at the time, but in todays climate with the current manager - then it's not looking viable at this time IMO.

Football, sadly, was about to implode when Sky came along - and although there is a lot to despise - a lot changed for the better - but that's a whole different thread - and his involvement in that wasn't anything mental - someone else would have done it if not him.

The "ticket fiasco's" have been building up for years and every club suffers it. Ironically enough - you slate our commercial appeal and situation - and it was attempting to right that with corporate shite which caused most of the problems. This wankstain of a shiny new ground (Full of plastic idiots) will be your dream because we'll get even more knobheads that know fuck all turning up with suits and stuffing their faces with prawns and cavier wondering what the hell is going on 'on that green thing with those silly little people running around, Tarquin'.

You can have debates about good and bad - but name calling?

Grow up lad.

Face facts Parry has been a complete disaster the only word that sums him up is incompetent. Liverpool is his dream job and he will do anything to keep it.

As for DIC over the Yanks the only reason Hicks and Gillet were chosen was because they agreed to keep Parry as CEO .

How the hell can you be given the responsibility of selling the club and then keep your position. It has to be the biggest conflict of interests ever.

As for the owners choosing the new owners they did and Rick was one of the owners.

Parry's job was to get the best possible deal for Liverpool Football Club not for Rick Parry.

As for people calling into question Rafa's integrity, I think people should look closer at Parry's friend Michael Owen being allowed to run his contract down.

Parry has been far too close the players .

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 02:32:00 pm by Al 555 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: January 17, 2009, 02:39:52 pm »
Not being funny but if Rafa thinks he would get full control at City or Madrid he would be very much mistaken.
If he goes to city he will have players forced on him world class no doubt but you still need your grafters like Kuyt.

I agree that he needs control over signings but I am really dissapionted in the timing of all this and I am getting sick and tired of everything being aired in public, next week we will be in the media again with Gerrard, nothing ever runs smooth here does it  :butt
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #958 on: January 17, 2009, 02:41:33 pm »
Excuse me for asking, but who was the CEO that Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, & Dalglish reported to?

When did LFC appoint a CEO?

And how many league titles since then?

;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: January 17, 2009, 02:41:36 pm »
Not being funny but if Rafa thinks he would get full control at City or Madrid he would be very much mistaken.
If he goes to city he will have players forced on him world class no doubt but you still need your grafters like Kuyt.

I agree that he needs control over signings but I am really dissapionted in the timing of all this and I am getting sick and tired of everything being aired in public, next week we will be in the media again with Gerrard, nothing ever runs smooth here does it  :butt

Rafa doesn't want "full control". For about the tenth time.