Author Topic: Liverpool are shite.  (Read 231615 times)

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool are shite.
« on: October 7, 2008, 11:54:32 am »
There appears to be an ever increasing optomistic feeling in threads that seem to be infiltrating R.A.W.K lately. Not only that, there are certain sections of the press that are actually writing favourably about Liverpool F.C.
As we all know , too much positivity will surely put the Kybosh on our title aspirations this year, yet again.
So......I thought it would balance the 'We'll piss the league'/'Don't have a chance' Yin & Yang, to have a place where we could put all those press snippets we love so much, that give us no chance of winning the league. That think Rafa is just a bumbling Spaniard with no grasp of English football and that we will always be the nearly men of the top 4.

In addition , those that are actually Liverpool fans who are of the same mindset can have their say in here too.....keep it sane though lads!
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
Re: Liverpool are shite.
« Reply #1 on: October 7, 2008, 11:58:30 am »
i think you're right.  torres is scoring, but law of average says he will, same with kuyt, not sure about keane.
we're winning, but against all the lesser sides. if we're still this high up in my i'll eat veg.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
« Reply #2 on: October 7, 2008, 12:01:46 pm »
Yeah

I can see what you mean... we've all been knee-jerking over-optimistic for the last 19 years and... erhhh

nurse - could you pass my meds?
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #3 on: October 7, 2008, 12:03:37 pm »
Should rename it "The Paul Merson" thread.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 7, 2008, 12:10:36 pm »
Despite our morale boosting win over Man City a lot of journos mentioned our deficiencies at the full back position. SWP led Aurelio and Arby who I think is excellent a right merry dance at times. Dossena looks solid but nothing special. These areas could cost us in the long run.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline St Skrtel

• Kopite
  • Skrtel doesn't smile?
« Reply #5 on: October 7, 2008, 12:10:49 pm »
Another 'Torres is overrated' type of thread?

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #6 on: October 7, 2008, 12:15:35 pm »
Haha there was actually one of those?
ynwa

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: October 7, 2008, 12:16:20 pm »
He is though isn't he
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline Redblooded

• Main Stander
  • 19!! Again.... Damn it, then I wake up!
« Reply #8 on: October 7, 2008, 12:24:55 pm »
if we're still this high up in my i'll eat veg.

Stoned typo or suffering munchies so bad, start eating healthy! ;D

But seriously, International break!(
Chelsea.
Not yet xmas, let alone '09. 
May is along way away, etc..
Does that suffice to flatten the tyrers a tad? ;)
« Last Edit: October 7, 2008, 12:27:25 pm by Redblooded »
FFS Group it has to be RB!  Though a second second coming in 2 years may be too much to take...

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
« Reply #9 on: October 7, 2008, 12:27:30 pm »
We're not that great really. I expect the win against the Mancs was a fluke. We'll go over to OT, bottle it, same with Chelsea and maybe arsenal. Throw in a few Stoke like results, and champions? You're having a laugh.
They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline AndoNagasaki

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • the devil makes good use for these hands of mine
« Reply #10 on: October 7, 2008, 12:29:12 pm »
There'll probably be a load of injuries during the international beak anyway, so we'll probably be missing half our team come next weekend.
the trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side

Offline pelevin

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: October 7, 2008, 12:30:03 pm »
You're never gonna win anything with a foreign manager, and players from Spain. What have Spain ever won? We should try and snap up Big Sam Allardyce while he's still available.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #12 on: October 7, 2008, 12:31:28 pm »
All too true. With Rafa in charge, 4th is the best we can hope for. This is just a lucky run which will end sooner than later.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline mulane

• rouge
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 7, 2008, 12:31:38 pm »
We seriously need to improve our goal difference if we are to have any chance

Offline Euphoric Mess

• Anny Roader
  • Im not as think as you drunk i am.
« Reply #14 on: October 7, 2008, 12:35:07 pm »
if the press were saying we would fall away there would be outrage here

now people are worried the press saying we are looking good will mean we will fall away......

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 7, 2008, 12:39:02 pm »
We are only scoring in the 2nd half and keep having to come from behind. If the game was 45mins long, we would be fighting relegation.

We will be caught out at some point, and this will cost us 4th place.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 7, 2008, 12:39:08 pm »
I think it comes down to a clear division between those preferring cautious optimism whilst recognising there are still faults and demanding improvement, and those spouting hyperbole predicting "this is is our year I can feel it in my bones" type of comments before lauding our performances and results as "title-winning".

I'm very much of the former group, really happy we've (finally) got a flyer out of the blocks, but still concerned by some of our performances, both team and individuals. Ah but getting results whilst not in form is the mark of champions some will say, wait until we hit top form. But that nagging thought again....what if this is it? We're only 7 games in, barely stood up straight (in 100m sprint terms), and let's be honest Lady Luck has visited us several times already (Stoke being the only exception, even if the old adage 'you make your own luck' springs to mind), and it would be stupid and arrogant to assume she'll continue to do so over the course of the remaining 31 league games. Whilst the results are going our way though, great. But let's not be self-abusing ostriches, and when the almost inevitable bad result arrives, let's at least be honest in our appraisal that maybe we're not as good as we think we are,  and hope that Rafa can make the necessary changes.

That is the true mark of champions in my mind (as opposed to late lucky wins), those who are able to adapt quickly and effectively....the team who can bounce back immediately from a defeat, who have quality all over the pitch and a bench that is frightening AND is utilised frequently.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline SpionLikeALionInZion

• Anny Roader
« Reply #17 on: October 7, 2008, 12:47:52 pm »
We'll never win the title with Kuyt in the team.
XBox Gamertag: ChickenShizzle

Halo: Reach

Offline Pilchard

• Kopite
  • Bring back the 'friendly' derbies
« Reply #18 on: October 7, 2008, 12:50:32 pm »
The Pope is in good health, Deidre and Ken are not getting married, Charlie isnt getting wed. We have no chance of winning a thing.

Just clutching at straws, but was there a credit crunch in 1990?

Or a presidential election?

Scouse Separatist

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #19 on: October 7, 2008, 12:52:31 pm »
For mindless negativity based on clueless bias, Charley whatshisface on Sky is surely the first port of call.

As to the season ahead its been a great start but we have been very lucky until now with injuries. Chelsea in contrast have had a plethora of injuries and still remain top. I have a niggling doubt that we can sustain our current form all season long and remain injury free. I'm also worried the lack of rotation now might come home to roost later. Finally, no matter how well we perform and maintain our challenge I can't see past Chelsea who just look too strong and powerful. Our net spend this year would barely have afforded Bowsinga and that was a squad that already had a lot of money spent on it. Its scary and near impossible for us to match.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline red_til_i_die

• Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina walks on water
« Reply #20 on: October 7, 2008, 01:03:47 pm »
right so some negativity errr

Rafa needs to stop fucking about playing his strongest 11 week in and week out and get back to rotating the players because they all look really tired.

He should have sold alonso for barry because barry is by far the superior player :/
Slappa da Bass mon! Slappa deee Bassssss!!!!!
Love you Bro-Montana

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 7, 2008, 01:06:27 pm »
Even a broken clock tells the time right twice a day.  That's all we are right now - a broken clock which has happened to tell the time right a couple of times early in the season.  The wheels will come off soon enough and the world will be put back to its natural order when Tottenham finish above us at the end of the season.

Offline Euphoric Mess

• Anny Roader
  • Im not as think as you drunk i am.
« Reply #22 on: October 7, 2008, 01:07:01 pm »
Even a broken clock tells the time right twice a day.  That's all we are right now - a broken clock which has happened to tell the time right a couple of times early in the season.  The wheels will come off soon enough and the world will be put back to its natural order when Tottenham finish above us at the end of the season.

:wellin

i like that

Offline Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
« Reply #23 on: October 7, 2008, 01:07:03 pm »
We will never win the league with zonal marking...

Offline Emo Phillips

• Master of his domain. Enjoyed a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. Resident of MILF Island.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 7, 2008, 01:08:11 pm »
The best thing that can be said about this season so far is that we're almost halfway to safety from relegation.

Once Newcastle and Spurs get their acts together, we're in trouble.
KRAMER: "I'm at 1st and 1st. Wait a minute, how can a street intersect into itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #25 on: October 7, 2008, 01:12:16 pm »
We need to keep an eye on Everton, as they'll be the ones who be laughing at us at the end of the season.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 7, 2008, 01:12:40 pm »
It'll be interesting to see how strongly we'll be able to finish this season. We've always finished strongly in the past under Rafa, and a lot of that was put down to him rotating early on. Well he's not done that so much this year. I'm sure he has a plan though and the quality and depth of the squad should mean we don't just fizzle out. Yossi, Lucas, Babel, Degen and Dossena will have to step-up at some point this season, lets hope they'll be ready for it.

Chelsea will take some stopping though.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #27 on: October 7, 2008, 01:16:04 pm »
It'll be interesting to see how strongly we'll be able to finish this season. We've always finished strongly in the past under Rafa, and a lot of that was put down to him rotating early on. Well he's not done that so much this year. I'm sure he has a plan though and the quality and depth of the squad should mean we don't just fizzle out. Yossi, Lucas, Babel, Degen and Dossena will have to step-up at some point this season, lets hope they'll be ready for it.

Chelsea will take some stopping though.

Yossi, Lucas, Babel, Degen and Dossena will have to step-up at some point this season, lets hope they'll be ready for it.

that for me is enough. recent years we haven't really had the SID, now we have.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline tomtom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 7, 2008, 01:21:02 pm »
Wingers, we needed wingers damn it!

What was Rafa thinking? 25 million on Keane and Riera? What we really need is the Q-man.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2008, 03:03:44 pm by tomtom »

Offline Lorange

• Boys Pen
  • Alf Ulf
« Reply #29 on: October 7, 2008, 01:21:34 pm »
The best thing that can be said about this season so far is that we're almost halfway to safety from relegation.

Once Newcastle and Spurs get their acts together, we're in trouble.

:lmao that is truly brilliant
I know we dream about a team of Carraghers - but we don't really want to see it.

Offline careca

• Kopite
  • "Shanks - Considered wisdom"
« Reply #30 on: October 7, 2008, 01:34:09 pm »
Don't believe Chelsea will open us up like they did Villa home or away... Too much (recent) history
Keeping the faith

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #31 on: October 7, 2008, 01:35:29 pm »
I think some posters are being a tad whoosed here.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 7, 2008, 01:42:58 pm »
we drew...at home...to Stoke. now i dont know about you's but that is definitley not title winning form right there forget about all the wins, they're irrelevant right now, we got loads of wins last year and the year before and they got us nowhere. it was the draws that fucked us up last year so we cant afford to be drawing at home with the likes of stoke......
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #33 on: October 7, 2008, 01:44:24 pm »
We need to keep an eye on Everton, as they'll be the ones who be laughing at us at the end of the season.

;D  deffo dark horses
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 7, 2008, 01:44:51 pm »
reading the 1st half of the thread v man city  youd think we were shite.  ::)
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #35 on: October 7, 2008, 01:46:17 pm »
Rafa just doesn't undertand the English game.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #36 on: October 7, 2008, 01:47:21 pm »

I think that it's also very important that everyone picks sides.

Agger v Skrtel

Remember that you may not admire both young players. You have 2 options;

1) You love Agger and you are made up that Skrtel is injured.

2) You love Skrtel, are gutted that he's injured. You dislike Agger and all those people that like him.

Remember that they are not two brilliant young defenders that may form the mainstay of a world class defensive partnership for 6-8 years..

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline Crazy horse rocks!

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37 on: October 7, 2008, 01:51:03 pm »
Benitez only signs workhorses, I mean look at Torres, apart from the goals he did nothing against Everton and Manchester City.
Soon he'll return to form and we'll be a one man team again.
We go again.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 7, 2008, 01:52:05 pm »
Rotation will cause our doom.  That and Zonal marking.

FFS why are players marking space ?  Space doesn't score goals.

And as long as Rafa keeps rotating Torres, Liverpool have no chance.  I mean, why was he on the bench against Utd ?  Rafa certainly has luck on his side but ultimately, Rotation will lead to Liverpool's downfall.  Mark my words.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 7, 2008, 01:52:44 pm »
Bottom line: Liverpool have never won a game due to positive posting on here.
                    Liverpool have never lost a game due to negative posting on here.

So the choice is to be positive or negative. You choose.

As Liverpool fans, it's natural to think that if one doesn't wear his lucky boxers we will fuck it up. Won't happen.

Always fancied a "Sorry, all that was my fault" thread. Superstitious reasons why Rawkites think we didn't get the result. For me: Puttin' em down on my coupon/accumulator.