Author Topic: Post game celebrating. Liverpool - Manchester United.  (Read 125125 times)

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Post game celebrating. Liverpool - Manchester United.
« Reply #720 on: September 13, 2008, 04:45:37 pm »
So did you miss the part where 10 mins in he's calling Berbatov the new Cantona? Lauding his every touch of the ball?  Or when we scored he makes an incredibly snide comment (can't remember exactly what it was as was too busy doing laps of the coffee table!).

He didn't. He was asked whether Berbatov could be the new Cantona and basically said he's Dimitar Berbatov. He spent a couple of minutes then talking about Berbatov's qualities (i.e. similar to Cantona, which is reasonably true) and a comment later on about Berbatov's strength on the ball.

The snide comment when we scored is true; "if you can't be good, be lucky". But he was very clear through the second half that we were much the better side, that we deserved the win and (for those who think he only ever talks about Gerrard-in-the-middle) critical of Ferguson having Rooney stuck to the right flank.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline RyanO2151

• Anny Roader
« Reply #721 on: September 13, 2008, 04:45:39 pm »
Just a lovely day really. What a game!
Re: Liverpool v Wigan: confirmed team, pre- and in-match comments and discussion
« Reply #914 on: Today at 04:00:36 PM » 
If Rafa walked away from Liverpool, I want Steve Bruce to replace him! I know he looks ugly, but imagine what he can do if he were given resources as much as Rafa was given.
cakmin

Offline misskopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: September 13, 2008, 04:45:55 pm »
What a beautiful day :D Back on our perch is where we belong! Beyond elated ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D This should give our lads massive confidence, let's keep it up now.  It's been a l-o-n-g wait for this day, thank you Liverpoooooool :-*, thank you Babel.

"Anfield had surpassed the noise level of Stamford Bridge half an hour before kick-off and the Kop was only a quarter full. Packed, it proved an awesome 12th man." Andy Hunter

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: September 13, 2008, 04:45:57 pm »
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA
Seconded
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Rosti

• Main Stander
« Reply #724 on: September 13, 2008, 04:46:16 pm »
Yossi as MOM is a bit surprising, but I do think he played well. Along with Riera, Kuyt and Keane it was his constant pressure on their defence that caused them to play so badly. Whenever they had the ball at the back they were being closed down constantly, until it'd go back to Van der Sar who would either hoof it up for our defence or midfield to pick up, or slice it out of play. Or punch it into Wes Brown for an own goal  ;D

My only real criticism of Yossi was that sometimes he'd stray inside too often and we'd have nobody on the right wing.

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #725 on: September 13, 2008, 04:47:26 pm »
Masch MOTM -- bossed the midfield and created the 2nd goal, although partly at fault for the 1st goal.

Kuyt is working his ass off as usual, and be wasteful as usual, but his assist to Babel has more than made up for his wastefulness.

Anyone know if Masch is going to be OK for midweek @ Marseille?
We won it 6 times

Offline ThisisAnfield96

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: September 13, 2008, 04:47:42 pm »
How was the atmosphere

Offline harmar

• Red Red Wine....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: September 13, 2008, 04:48:19 pm »
Absolutely brilliant performance from the team!!

We were lucky on the goals, but that was probably balanced out from the fact that both Keane and Kuyt should have scored. I think the pleasing thing was that we totally dominated the game and outplayed Man Utd in all areas of the field. We attacked with pace and conviction, which is the only way to play against them.

Some fantastic performances from certain players.

Skrtel was brilliant and we handled Berbatov better when he was on him, more so than Carragher.

Aurelio was also fantastic going forward, but I felt he let Rooney turn him a few too many times and could have struggled had Ronaldo been there. Arbeloa was excellent.

Masch and Alonso were fantastic, they didnt allow any space for Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez or Scholes to pop into and passed the ball well (espesh Alonso).

Riera was absolutely brilliant and on his debut of all games, against Man Utd! He looked so skillful. It was brilliant to finally see someone on the left who was doing what a wide player should. I think it goes to show how those people who said before, "we dont play with wingers" and "we dont need any wingers" were totally wrong. Having a good winger in your side makes such a difference. I also liked the fact that he was clever and looked a smart player with his passing, which should complement the speed and directness of Torres, Gerrard, Babel etc pretty well.

Strike force wasnt as great. Kuyt was hardworking as usual but clearly lacks the quality for such a big game. Although, fair play, his endevour did lead to an assist. I was a bit disappointed in Keane, but you can clearly tell its a confidence thing with him and not an ability thing, the cross at the end where he should have stayed on his feet being an example.

Babel was brilliant when he came on, especially after his goal. He really is a super sub. He also clearly is a confidence player, as after the goal his touch was much better, he held off Ferdinand quite well when he went up top briefly and was producing good pieces of skill. If he can continue in the same vein, then we could have a good deal of options, although its unfortunate that Babel and Riera play in the same position.

Overall, br

Ain't getting at you, nor your post but Babel is a right winger or a striker, not his call to go left wing.
"To be prepared is half the victory"   Miguel Cervantes

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #728 on: September 13, 2008, 04:48:51 pm »
[
Our worst player still was Kuyt IMO. Followed by Robbie. Yossi was one of the better players on the pitch IMO. Thought all our 4 wide players were superb.

It's Keane by a country mile for me. At least Dirk had the presence of mind and calmness to pick out Ryan for the winner.

If Robbie could hit the ball as cleanly as he strikes fresh air on a weekly basis he would be banging them in.

As for the game, thought we bossed it once VDS helped us out.

MOM: Bug eyes on the left - cracking debut.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Wilbur

• Legacy Fan
Nineteen, we want nineteen.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: September 13, 2008, 04:49:16 pm »
Lads and lasses, as a great a result as this is we know WHY we won don't we? Because 4pool was at the match; that guy has a 100% record when he comes over to see the match.

So the plan for football domination is simple: kidnapp 4pool, hole him up in one of those derelict houses next to Anfield and give him a Season Ticket (plus all vouchers etc for every away match).

We'll never lose another game :)

Offline crouch

• Main Stander
    • Peter Bamuhigire
« Reply #731 on: September 13, 2008, 04:49:23 pm »
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

What  :o ?

Sorry I went native there ! it means; Albert Riera made me happy, Mascherano is a great player and Dirk Kuyt leaves me speechless, Long live Rafa. YWNWA stays the same in anyy language
Pride in our past, Faith in our Future

Offline stevieg987

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #732 on: September 13, 2008, 04:49:33 pm »
Good one yossi MOTM plays 60 minutes has no involvement with any of the goals or any of our clear cut attacks. Surely he is the man of the match.

MOTM- I want to say kuyt but he missed the sitters, I want to say masch but his man scored on the goal, I want to say babel but he was helped greatly buy the other 2, Fuck It ill say

Liverpool FC played as a team no single player can be given credit just a great team performance.
YNWA

Offline M.A.G.M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: September 13, 2008, 04:49:42 pm »
Man of the match: Yossi Benayoun

:lmao

It was a great team performance today and I can't really fault anyone but if there was a weak link today it was him.

"I am awake at 4am designing a team. The selection? It's Javier Mascherano and 10 more." Maradona

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #734 on: September 13, 2008, 04:49:47 pm »
Them backheels from Riera which he kept doing, quality. If it was someone like Fabregas Sky would have been wanking.

Offline jamiehill

• Kopite
  • MacIntyre, Treadmore and Davitt
« Reply #735 on: September 13, 2008, 04:49:59 pm »
The English club proved that miracles really do exist. I've now made Liverpool my English team. They showed that football is the most beautiful sport of all. They showed their unconditional support at half-time when they were losing 3-0 and still they didn't stop singing." Diego Maradona

Offline Football CRAZY

• Thick Prick
  • Legacy Fan
  • simply too intelligent, sorry.
« Reply #736 on: September 13, 2008, 04:50:25 pm »
David Moyes must be fucking gutted now like. He would have looked like Maradona in their side.

Offline himynameisntmark

• itsalgernonmuckbucketjuniorthethird
  • Kopite
« Reply #737 on: September 13, 2008, 04:50:52 pm »
Anyone know what Xabi called Cara when he recieve the MOTM?

Offline maher

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone..
« Reply #738 on: September 13, 2008, 04:50:56 pm »
i can't stop smiling!!!
sooo happy with the Win!!
we are in the top of the table now :D

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: September 13, 2008, 04:51:09 pm »
why are we getting so excited - we only beat a mid-table team

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #740 on: September 13, 2008, 04:51:57 pm »
This is very funny reading if you need more cheering up.

http://www.redcafe.net/f11/liverpool-v-manchester-united-216047/index29.html
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #741 on: September 13, 2008, 04:52:18 pm »
why are we getting so excited - we only beat a mid-table team

Oh you.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #742 on: September 13, 2008, 04:52:19 pm »
Anyone know what Xabi called Cara when he recieve the MOTM?

"Waiter", I do believe.

Offline col64

• Anny Roader
« Reply #743 on: September 13, 2008, 04:53:15 pm »
That was the game we needed to kick us up the arse  to start playing like a team of BELIEVERS !!
Well done lads , how do you like your frogs legs lads ??

Online Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: September 13, 2008, 04:53:42 pm »
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: September 13, 2008, 04:53:53 pm »
"Waiter", I do believe.

"Writer", others have said - i.e. the autobiography.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: September 13, 2008, 04:55:38 pm »
Lads and lasses, as a great a result as this is we know WHY we won don't we? Because 4pool was at the match; that guy has a 100% record when he comes over to see the match.

So the plan for football domination is simple: kidnapp 4pool, hole him up in one of those derelict houses next to Anfield and give him a Season Ticket (plus all vouchers etc for every away match).

We'll never lose another game :)
How the fuck does 4pool get a ticket to the biggest league game of the season

Offline Rosti

• Main Stander
« Reply #747 on: September 13, 2008, 04:56:29 pm »
Kuyt put in a lot of effort as usual, and he set up the goal, but there were a few times where his first touches were shocking. If he can work on that he'll be a damn good player IMO.

We play like that every week, and we can win the league. We proved that today. Last season if we'd beaten United both times we played them in the league instead of losing we'd have finished a point in front of them. They keep playing like this, and it'll be us and Chelsea for the title. Maybe Arsenal as well (winning 4-0 right now  :-\)

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: September 13, 2008, 04:56:38 pm »
This is very funny reading if you need more cheering up.

http://www.redcafe.net/f11/liverpool-v-manchester-united-216047/index29.html

You have to laugh at some of the shit in there. A few Mancs in there saying we deserved it....shocking really.

Offline lfcbabe1984

• Kopite
  • Stevie G's the man!
    • Diane's Wonderland
« Reply #749 on: September 13, 2008, 04:56:44 pm »
Woooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Been rubbing it in to all my United fan friends this afternoon - and I hope someone at work is not looking forward to arriving at the office on Monday morning! I know things can go wrong very easily, but I'm going to make the most of this!
You'll Never Walk Alone!

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #750 on: September 13, 2008, 04:57:09 pm »
How the fuck does 4pool get a ticket to the biggest league game of the season

Seeing as he is Hicks and Gillete's PR Officer... ;)
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: September 13, 2008, 04:57:16 pm »
Rafa begins the interview by saying "Thank you"

Classy man.

Offline lozer1234

• Boys Pen
« Reply #752 on: September 13, 2008, 04:57:39 pm »
best day .... in the prem for four years ............get the fuck in there !!!!!!!!! fuck you , you mank shit losers ......ha ha ,,,,, get that right up you

Offline Fernando09

• Legacy Fan
  • can i change my username please...? :(
« Reply #753 on: September 13, 2008, 04:57:50 pm »

oh
i thought it was "camareroo!" (sp?) ;D
If I live to be a hundred and Liverpool bring in genius managers who win Quadruples and Quintuples for the club, I'll always point to Rafa as the one who meant the most to me.

-Finn Solomon

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #754 on: September 13, 2008, 04:58:19 pm »

Ahh, of course.

Fuck, I have to work tonight, but the upside to it is that I'm the only Liverpool fan there's three scum supporters. Brilliant!

Offline ynwa77

• Main Stander
« Reply #755 on: September 13, 2008, 04:58:32 pm »
in the words of alan partridge...................."JURASSIC PARK!"
"id get up if i knew i fell"

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: September 13, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »
Seeing as he is Hicks and Gillete's PR Officer... ;)
All jokes asaid...it's a sorry state seing as i know a good 3/4 lads who go all the time who were ticketless.

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: September 13, 2008, 04:59:22 pm »
:lmao

It was a great team performance today and I can't really fault anyone but if there was a weak link today it was him.

I did say he wasn't my MOM,just pointing out that those who claim he was shit are talking out there arses
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline lozer1234

• Boys Pen
« Reply #758 on: September 13, 2008, 05:00:33 pm »
2 1 to the liverpool .......... fandabbydozzeyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yi ha !!!!!!

Offline Floundy

• Anny Roader
  • BollockyBoo
« Reply #759 on: September 13, 2008, 05:01:13 pm »
Look no further than Masch for MOTM - he was simply world class today, box to box, belting mancs everywhere and never saying die.

I love that ugly little argy!
I am JD, and that's the end of that chapter...........