Author Topic: Post game celebrating. Liverpool - Manchester United.  (Read 125124 times)

Offline Mackinaw Peach

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Wigan address
Re: Post game celebrating. Liverpool - Manchester United.
« Reply #360 on: September 13, 2008, 03:19:00 pm »
Awesome - every player contributed 100%. They were under the cosh for the first 15 mins or so and I thought they were going to bottle it. But I swear I never imagined that to a man they would all step up to the plate and be counted in such a fine manner. We should have scored at least another couple - and that's saying something given the fact that we are playing double champions. Could this finally be the squad mettle that rafa has been trying to build for so long? No Torres, and only 30 min cameo from SG.

btw - I didn't see Kuyt's miss. I only saw the 4 or 5 shots that were on target but were saved. I know his touch was crap again at times today, and he should've done better with at least one of the chances, but if you don't see how many times his harrying led directly or indirectly to us regaining possession today, then you must be blinkered. He's getting himself in positions to do damage, playing Babel in nicely when others would've shot.

On TV Keane looked like he was a leader. He'll score when we need it most. Goal in the derby, me thinks.

Happy with all our men today. How often can you say that?

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: September 13, 2008, 03:19:12 pm »
Loved Ferguson's interview ;D

Excellent performance and a wonderful result today. The only concern I had after about an hour or so is that we hadn't made our dominance count at that point, but I always felt as though we could make the breakthrough. It was so satisfying to dominate the game, dominate possession. At no point did I feel as though they could get a stranglehold back on the game. Alonso and Mascherano bossed the game completely, Riera was class down the left, defence was solid and composed. We looked composed and in control in every area at all times from about the 10th minute.

Offline sabbathfan

• Every Day I Like Sunday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why So Serious?
« Reply #362 on: September 13, 2008, 03:19:17 pm »
I know and to think he is only celebrating a corner for us there.
:lmao
There is probably no GOD. Stop worrying about it and LIVE your LIFE

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: September 13, 2008, 03:19:39 pm »
Unbelievable, im still in shock. I'm not gonna say we can destroy anyone but we can certainly beat any team when we play as one. Benayoun was the weakest link today, but thats not to say he was terrible, it just that the rest were so immense.

Kuyt looked great playing striker and showed he is once again MR. BIG MATCH. Mascherano's effort for the winner was unforgettable.

Riera was top notch today. His flair, his skinning for Brown on numerous occasions, pressure for the first goal, back-heel etc. brought a tear to my eye. A true bargain.

Offline bangbangbogi

• Boys Pen
« Reply #364 on: September 13, 2008, 03:19:51 pm »
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!11 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

To all U awesome Reds fans, here's a shout from life-long Redman from Singapore:

We fucking beat those manures!!!!!!!! Just fucking awesome!!! Did u guys see rushie's face after the final whistle? He gotta be thinking FINALLY!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Galzakian

• Anny Roader
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #365 on: September 13, 2008, 03:20:26 pm »
Anyone got a link to the Fergie interview?

Foxsports  (Aussie  ;)) doesn't show much of the post-match stuff off the pitch.
Get The Fuck In!
~ When the lads are down, at Old Trafford... Who you gonna call? Steve Gerrard! --
~ When you're 3 goals down, in Istanbul... Who you gonna call? Steve Gerrard! --

Offline zERo

• Kopite
  • We will rise again
« Reply #366 on: September 13, 2008, 03:20:33 pm »
anyone got that RAFA dance when ngog was about to come on and masch picked up the knock, great moment that made my day.
Only thing that is constant is the change, learn to live with it, move on

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: September 13, 2008, 03:20:43 pm »
Words just cannot describe the feeling of watching a pissed off Ferguson after a defeat to us.
It's just.......beautiful.

YEESSS... AGREE... FUCK OF FERGIE YOU BASTARD, :-D

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #368 on: September 13, 2008, 03:20:47 pm »
YES, YES, YES!

And we're top of the table!! Great!!   :scarf
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #369 on: September 13, 2008, 03:20:48 pm »
Thank fuck for that, now Rafa won't have to endure the inane, "You have never beaten Manchester United in the league" questions anymore.

How were we today, eh ??

Pretty good, pretty, pretty, pretty, good...

:D
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: September 13, 2008, 03:20:50 pm »
The best I've seen us play for years. Amazing result for us

I'll agree with that. We were attacking, we were creative, we looked hungry, we gave it our all and that was without Torres against the side who are English and European champions, I think a lot of the media must be a bit shell shocked right now.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #371 on: September 13, 2008, 03:20:52 pm »
What a fucking win!!!

Came in late from rugby and we had missed the first 20 minutes. I was fucking gutted to turn the TV and see we were already 0-1 down. I stuck the red button and and watched the goal and then when I exited out we had scored.
From then on we controlled the game and we battered them second half. I think Vidic could have had a straight red for his foul on Keane and his second one was just stupid.

Like the look of Riera.

YNWA!
Come on you Redmen!!!!!
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline allsh

• Kemlynite
« Reply #372 on: September 13, 2008, 03:20:59 pm »
wow,  i feel masche nearly want to kill himself in the match,

he is superman , love him

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: September 13, 2008, 03:21:26 pm »
Thought Kuyt was excellent, and my personal choice for man of the match, worked hard and linked up superbly with those around him.

Seems to have slightly lost his confidence in and around the six yard box, though....I have no doubt that he would have buried both those chances when he first arrived here.

Agree with all of that, though I don't think the first chance was as easy as people think. Ball bouncing up awkwardly, has to take it early, gets a good shot away and it was a good save.

Should've definitely gone across the keeper at the end though... but superb move between him and Babel.

He did really well today. Kept the ball well, played intelligent passes, made good runs, wasn't afraid to shoot from distance... really impressive Dirk!

Oh and not to forget the excellent vision to pick out Babel, nicely done. Could've easily panicked but calmly played it to Babel... though there was a bit too much pace on the ball I thought, Ryan did well to finish it.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline PhilLFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Stay Low Move Fast..We are the Pilgrims Master
« Reply #374 on: September 13, 2008, 03:21:27 pm »
Look at the passion that masch has for us, he will surely be the next liverpoool captain
the pic says it all really......
22 Smokin AceS

Offline thegezman

• Kemlynite
« Reply #375 on: September 13, 2008, 03:21:29 pm »
fucking stoked!!

just got back from the southern cross club in woden canberra, and 20 or so other liverpool fans and about 5 united watched the game.

when babel slotted the winner it got the biggest cheer of the night, which is great considering the rugby league and afl finals were on as well as the wallabies in the rugby!!

we have liverpool supporters everywhere!!!!!

well done lads!

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #376 on: September 13, 2008, 03:21:33 pm »
So, we won then?
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline nm83

• Kopite
  • Minister of Sarcasm
« Reply #377 on: September 13, 2008, 03:21:43 pm »
what a result!!
YNWA

Offline skrtl

• Anny Roader
« Reply #378 on: September 13, 2008, 03:21:47 pm »
I admit i was worried after the 1st 15-20 mins but after that awesome just ffin awesome.

Bonus Ball - Vidic will be missing for them against Chelsea, so should help to put them further behind us.

A Robinho goal or 2 later would put the icing on the cake

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #379 on: September 13, 2008, 03:21:50 pm »
The best I've seen us play for years. Amazing result for us

Thats the best thing about this result. We beat them a few times under Ged but never with a complete footballing performance like todays. In those games we always seemed to snatch victory or score goals on the break but today we dominated them and simply outplayed them.

Offline Kyle Soprano

• Doing his BTEC Sports Science but still knows fuck all
  • Legacy Fan
  • You & I Are Gonna Live Forever
« Reply #380 on: September 13, 2008, 03:21:52 pm »
Fucking get in just got back from the game me throat is fucked. Suppose it'll feel better after my celebrations tonight. Kuyt & Mascherano were class infact so was fucking everyone. Is fucking right :D
I only drink on special occasions. Like Fridays and Saturdays. The occasional Sunday. Sometimes even Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Never Thursday. Well, every so often maybe a Thursday.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #381 on: September 13, 2008, 03:21:56 pm »
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!11 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

To all U awesome Reds fans, here's a shout from life-long Redman from Singapore:

We fucking beat those manures!!!!!!!! Just fucking awesome!!! Did u guys see rushie's face after the final whistle? He gotta be thinking FINALLY!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

haha redmen rejoicing around the world,rafa keep us plain like this and the league is on its way home
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: September 13, 2008, 03:22:34 pm »
Had some of the neighbourhood LFC supporting kids knocking at the door every five minutes, asking what the score was; it ended up where my kids invited them all in. Come the final whistle, there were at least 15 kids screaming like lunatics before shooting back out into the street to take the piss out of the Mancs.

Come on you red men!!!
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #383 on: September 13, 2008, 03:22:45 pm »
Marks out of 10 for those interested:

Reina 7 (Had very little to do but what he was called into action was as impressive as ever)
Arbeloa 7 (Looked back to the form he showed last season, excellent defensively and just as good going forward)
Carra 7 (Same old same old, superb from start to finish)
Skrtel 8 (Berba Who? Won every tackle and every header, superb from start to finish)
Aurelio 7 (Linked up well with the impressive Riera and was solid defensively after a shaky start)
Alonso 8 (Along with Masch completely dominated the midfield, one 40 yard pass to Kuyt in the second half was sublime)
Masherano 8 (Should have tracked Tevez back for United's goal but otherwise was superlative, covered every blade of grass and never stopped harrying and hustling, a performance summed up by his tackle near the end when clearly injured)
Riera 8 (Great debut after a quiet start, shows awareness and intelligence and more than a touch of skill, his link up play with Aurelio was very promising)
Benayoun 7 (Much much better from Benny, looks far more comfortable on the right or through the middle than he ever has on the left)
Kuyt 8 (He gets so much criticism (me included) but you can never fault the guy's application and workrate, had a hand in the winner and was synonymous with the side's incredible workrate)
Keane 6 (Probably Liverpool's least impressive performance on the day, no doubting the skill and game awareness are there but for 20m he really shouldn't be having so many fresh air shots, you do get the feeling though that once one goes in the dam will burst open)

Subs:

Babel 8 (Not only scored the winner but ghosted beyond a couple of United's defenders with ease on more than one occasion)
Gerrard 8 (Typically impressive, Kuyt should have made it 3-1 from his pass late on)
Hyypia (Not on long enough, not sure he touched the ball)

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #384 on: September 13, 2008, 03:22:51 pm »
You fucking beauties!

Forgotten how good it feels to beat them. Amazing how Riera, without doing anyting spectacular, gave balance to the side.

Masch MOTM with Skrtel not far behind.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline bainio

• Main Stander
« Reply #385 on: September 13, 2008, 03:23:01 pm »
On cloud nine, much deserved aswell. First time we have actually played as a team this season.

Extra bonus was that I forgot that i was offered £20 credit if I put on a £20 bet on betfair, which i put on a liverpool win. Got home to find an extra £66 i completely forgot about. Cashback

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: September 13, 2008, 03:23:09 pm »
How lovely and relaxed I feel now..........listening to the other scores come in on the radio..........no stress.........Alan Green I think I love you; did anyone else here him sing the Macherano chant?
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline tezmac

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #387 on: September 13, 2008, 03:23:19 pm »
Great performance bar the first 5 min after that the was only one team in the game even whiskey face admitted so
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king

Offline lookieman

• Kopite
« Reply #388 on: September 13, 2008, 03:23:31 pm »
I agree. Same goes for Keane. Fair enough, he didn't actually miss two sitters like Kuijt although it was hard to tell if he did because, unlike Kuijt, Keane never even managed to hit the ball!

Should have been 3 or 4-1 if it hadn't been for those two being so wasteful.

None the less, I doubt I'll care if we win the league 3 points ahead of them come May!

Kuyt was not exactly off target neither was he off target. He went for power in both instances when he shot and fair enough the keeper/ defenders were there. Nowt wrong with what he did imo.

Online Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: September 13, 2008, 03:23:43 pm »
The stats are telling - we beat them in every department. BY FAR the better team today.

Liverpool   Team Statistics   Manchester United
2                        Goals                   1
7                  Shots on Target   2
8                  Shots off Target   3
7                     Blocked Shots   3
5                       Corners           4
10                         Fouls                 18
1                       Offsides           4
0                         Yellow Cards   2
0                        Red Cards           1
76                   Passing Success   69.6
25                            Tackles          18
80                    Tackles Success   77.8
53.9                           Possession   46.1
51.3           Territorial Advantage   48.7
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline sabbathfan

• Every Day I Like Sunday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why So Serious?
« Reply #390 on: September 13, 2008, 03:23:44 pm »
Now we just need Mancs and Rentboys to draw at SB and we are out in front! ;D
There is probably no GOD. Stop worrying about it and LIVE your LIFE

Offline The Manhattan Project

• snood fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Have Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #391 on: September 13, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »
Had some of the neighbourhood LFC supporting kids knocking at the door every five minutes, asking what the score was; it ended up where my kids invited them all in. Come the final whistle, there were at least 15 kids screaming like lunatics before shooting back out into the street to take the piss out of the Mancs.

Come on you red men!!!

Make sure your purse hasn't been nicked.
china syndrome 810512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 59118 identification unknown 113
source transmission 4121 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 0101505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 010414 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave

Offline Base21

• Main Stander
« Reply #392 on: September 13, 2008, 03:24:08 pm »
AWEEESSSOMMMEEE !!! :D

Can't take the smile off my face, and that's staying for some time now... Kuyt, Mascherano, Keane, Alonso and even Arbeloa were all excellent today, but the one standing out for me was Albert Riera, he was on top of Wes Brown all game, gave him the nightmare of his life. Aurelio looked the part, and he should keep his place for such a performance like that. Carra and Skrtel looked a tough nut to crack for United, although Tevez had some luck in his opener.

All and all, a performance well worthy of champions, and it certainly is coming back home this season... I can feel it.

YNWA
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline larsen

• Kemlynite
« Reply #393 on: September 13, 2008, 03:24:28 pm »
Thank you.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #394 on: September 13, 2008, 03:24:46 pm »
Marks out of 10 for those interested:

Reina 7 (Had very little to do but what he was called into action was as impressive as ever)
Arbeloa 7 (Looked back to the form he showed last season, excellent defensively and just as good going forward)
Carra 7 (Same old same old, superb from start to finish)
Skrtel 8 (Berba Who? Won every tackle and every header, superb from start to finish)
Aurelio 7 (Linked up well with the impressive Riera and was solid defensively after a shaky start)
Alonso 8 (Along with Masch completely dominated the midfield, one 40 yard pass to Kuyt in the second half was sublime)
Masherano 8 (Should have tracked Tevez back for United's goal but otherwise was superlative, covered every blade of grass and never stopped harrying and hustling, a performance summed up by his tackle near the end when clearly injured)
Riera 8 (Great debut after a quiet start, shows awareness and intelligence and more than a touch of skill, his link up play with Aurelio was very promising)
Benayoun 7 (Much much better from Benny, looks far more comfortable on the right or through the middle than he ever has on the left)
Kuyt 8 (He gets so much criticism (me included) but you can never fault the guy's application and workrate, had a hand in the winner and was synonymous with the side's incredible workrate)
Keane 6 (Probably Liverpool's least impressive performance on the day, no doubting the skill and game awareness are there but for 20m he really shouldn't be having so many fresh air shots, you do get the feeling though that once one goes in the dam will burst open)

Subs:

Babel 8 (Not only scored the winner but ghosted beyond a couple of United's defenders with ease on more than one occasion)
Gerrard 8 (Typically impressive, Kuyt should have made it 3-1 from his pass late on)
Hyypia (Not on long enough, not sure he touched the ball)

wrong,give em all 10/10 ;D
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline dutch_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: September 13, 2008, 03:24:53 pm »
Fucking Amazing ;D

A derserved win and especially the second half was a great performance.
Scared to death though in the first couple of minutes but glad we picked it up eventually and produced this amazing win!
But whats with Keane and missing about all balls he get?
Liked Riera though, think he can grow into the team very well.
Realism is the denial of reality
and
Imigination the means to explore reality

©Corneille

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #396 on: September 13, 2008, 03:24:56 pm »
I'm going to watch so much football this weekend. I think I'll even buy the Sunday papers tomorrow. I want to hear as much as possible about how we came back from behind against Manchester United, without our two best players save a 20 minute cameo.

Were a better team to watch, created more chances, passed the ball better, broke better, looked more confident. Just schooled them. About time as well.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #397 on: September 13, 2008, 03:25:20 pm »
Any news on Masch?????

Hopefully just a strain and nothing too bad

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #398 on: September 13, 2008, 03:25:23 pm »

Come on you red men!!!

:D What a heart-warming story, bless 'em.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #399 on: September 13, 2008, 03:25:47 pm »
Masch was outstanding, he let Tevez go by on his blind side first half
but fucking hell did he make up for it.

I can't think of a more thrilling sight today than when he sticks his head down and
ran forty yards through the manc midfield and defence.

Alvaro Arbeloa and Fabio Aurelio were also outstanding.

That fingertip save from Pepe from Giggs shot.

Skrtel's tackling.

Carra's clearances.

Xabi starting our attacks with passes to the feet of Riera/Yossi etc.

Hats off to everyone!

Let's hold onto top spot all the way!

Well done Rafa and you Redmen, the attitude and will to win today
was incredible.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.