Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5776387 times)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread
« Reply #46600 on: September 1, 2017, 07:57:11 pm »
As your own supporters will tell you Kolasinac was bought in January, joined the club in the summer. So not a summer transfer window purchase.

That doesnt make sense, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesnt matter.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46601 on: September 1, 2017, 07:57:12 pm »
I don't think Arsenal fans should be too downhearted yet. Sanchez could well go on to have a good season. You've lost two tough away games, against us at our peak, and against Stoke. You've struggled there before, and were unlucky anyway.

Start worrying if you start dropping points against weaker teams, that's where Arsenal usually rack up their wins. You've beaten Chelsea already this season, get your chins up.

We will rally and get some good runs going and finish above Everton but it will also deflect from we have lots of problems that will likely get even worse next summer.

On the field they can get back to winning. Wenger needs to be a little ruthless, maybe find a new leader. The squad is good enough to challenge for top 4 absolutely no question about that, just will need some changes.

Yes but we won't get rid of the key figures like the board, like Wenger so we won't likely challenge.

The way we are defending, we could do with a big Sa.....Ah fuck, forget it.

We need Bournemouth or Doncaster Rovers to hire Big Sam, he beats us and then Big Sam can use the post match interview to kindly explain to Wenger what is going wrong so Wenger can change it. Like last season

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46602 on: September 1, 2017, 08:01:03 pm »
We had some shite years, manutd had some shite years with Moyes and van Gaal. Now it's your turn to taste it.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46603 on: September 1, 2017, 08:03:25 pm »
Arsenal: 92m take it or leave it

Monaco: Okay, we'll take it.

Arsenal: What?

Monaco: What?

Arsenal: What?

;D ;D
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #46604 on: September 1, 2017, 08:06:13 pm »
That doesnt make sense, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesnt matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XLIpFD5_Ls
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46605 on: September 1, 2017, 09:14:50 pm »
Problem they are going to have is that Sanchez will be leaving in January. They might lose Ozil in January as well.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46606 on: September 1, 2017, 09:42:07 pm »
Problem they are going to have is that Sanchez will be leaving in January. They might lose Ozil in January as well.

We could refuse to sell them

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46607 on: September 1, 2017, 09:50:44 pm »

Honestly think you're better off selling and reinvesting. Sanchez is obviously desperate to go, and apparently unpopular in the dressing room, not sure what Ozil would fetch but you can hardly say he's been a massive hit
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #46608 on: September 1, 2017, 09:57:22 pm »
Sanchez and Ozil won't be sold in January if Arsenal still are in with a shout to win the EL and qualify for the CL that way.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46609 on: September 1, 2017, 10:37:03 pm »
You sold Oxlade. You were clearly willing to sell Sanchez.

If Man City offer £30m in January for a lad with half a season left on his contract, you'll sell. Like you always do.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46610 on: September 1, 2017, 10:50:01 pm »
Honestly think you're better off selling and reinvesting. Sanchez is obviously desperate to go, and apparently unpopular in the dressing room, not sure what Ozil would fetch but you can hardly say he's been a massive hit
But Ozil is a great player as he shown for Real Madrid and Germany, he may strike up a partnership with Lacazette.. if Mesut looks shit it's because of the players around him.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #46611 on: September 1, 2017, 11:00:58 pm »
But Ozil is a great player as he shown for Real Madrid and Germany, he may strike up a partnership with Lacazette.. if Mesut looks shit it's because of the players around him.
Shows the decline of Wenger. Wenger from 15 years ago would've been the dream manager for a player like Ozil.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #46612 on: September 1, 2017, 11:06:21 pm »
Shows the decline of Wenger. Wenger from 15 years ago would've been the dream manager for a player like Ozil.

Still is probably. Not many other clubs would be set-up to limit his defensive responsibilities

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46613 on: September 1, 2017, 11:56:10 pm »
You sold Oxlade. You were clearly willing to sell Sanchez.

If Man City offer £30m in January for a lad with half a season left on his contract, you'll sell. Like you always do.

Why would anyone pay £30m for potentially 30 games? May as well agree a pre contract and pick him up for free in July

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46614 on: September 1, 2017, 11:58:45 pm »
Its not in the players interest (or the clubs really) to move in January. Why not just sign a pre-contract with the club of your choice, stick at Arsenal for the rest of the season and take a lucrative signing bonus? If we were willing to give Milner a few mil, how much do you reckon Sanchez and Ozil will get? The club aren't going to get enough of a fee to really make it worth their while either.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46615 on: September 2, 2017, 12:39:54 am »
Why would anyone pay £30m for potentially 30 games? May as well agree a pre contract and pick him up for free in July
I think City will pay.

They will be fearful ,as a free signing he will have the pick of his clubs and may join PSG or Juve so will pay that to avoid that scenario.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46616 on: September 2, 2017, 04:40:49 am »
Sanchez and Ozil wont be sold in January, it was either yesterday or never. Unless they go on strike till then.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46617 on: September 2, 2017, 06:24:17 am »
I think City will pay.

They will be fearful ,as a free signing he will have the pick of his clubs and may join PSG or Juve so will pay that to avoid that scenario.

He has his pick of clubs from Jan 1st

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #46618 on: September 2, 2017, 06:40:27 am »

Exactly, if he is spiteful he could reject moving in January and play out the whole second half of the season, so that Arsenal don't get a single cent.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46619 on: September 2, 2017, 08:12:36 am »
Yeah it's upto obviously.

But what am saying is City will definitely try to sign him again in January.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46620 on: September 2, 2017, 08:16:55 am »
The main reason we didn't want to sell in the first place is we want to get back in the top 4 (Wenger will say challenge for the title but that's even more unrealistic). I believe the manner of the defeat against you guys blew Wengers thinking wide open though.

However, If the players knuckle down, & we're in with a shout in January, I can't see Arsenal sanction a sale, again unless they sign a similar quality replacement.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46621 on: September 2, 2017, 08:26:23 am »
If we wanted to sell Sanchez, we would have, we were never in for Lemar, there was no 90m bid. All the shenanigans was to show Sanchez that we tried selling him but the clock beat us, he was never going to be sold, and will only go in January if our season is totally over, which is possible.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46622 on: September 2, 2017, 08:37:51 am »

He can only sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign team from Jan 1st think?
He can't talk to another PL team without Arsenal's permission until July 1st, or at least he can't announce anything and risk a tapping-up storm.

If Sanchez or Ozil are not playing well and Arsenal are struggling, or even just in the running for 4th only there is going to be a long-running saga in the papers.

Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #46623 on: September 2, 2017, 09:06:19 am »
He can only sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign team from Jan 1st think?
He can't talk to another PL team without Arsenal's permission until July 1st, or at least he can't announce anything and risk a tapping-up storm.

If Sanchez or Ozil are not playing well and Arsenal are struggling, or even just in the running for 4th only there is going to be a long-running saga in the papers.

I know we've been bent over by the tapping up thing, but pretty sure that if City want to make him an offer that's good enough for him to go there, then the murky agent's underworld will make it happen.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46624 on: September 2, 2017, 09:24:04 am »
Our season will be determined by not the quality of player we have  just now, but if Wenger can get them all playing with the correct attitude. The only way our season can survive was if Anfield was some sort of thunderstorm that he can use to his advantage to clear the air.

I can try and pull positives such as technicaly I think we're actually a slightly better squad than last season, that after the disaster of a start we are actually only a point behind Spurs and if we beat Bournemouth at home next week we'll only be a point behind the loser of the Man City vs Liverpool game, but it all means nothing really unless Wenger manages to get them all playing from the same sheet again. This will be his big challenge for the season.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46625 on: September 2, 2017, 10:49:04 am »
So Lemar rejected Arsenal. Confirmed by Wenger. We really need to go after him in Jan. Long term Coutinho replacement.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46626 on: September 2, 2017, 10:53:37 am »

As others have pointed out, not many teams would be able or willing to let him forgo his defensive responsibilities the way arsenal do. I certainly don't see him being preferred to coutinho or lallana in our team. Don't see him getting into city, United's  or chelsea's first 11 either.

And bear in mind Real sold him THEN won 3 Cls.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46627 on: September 2, 2017, 11:01:31 am »
Just popped in to say

HHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #46628 on: September 2, 2017, 07:37:21 pm »

Ozil - "My advice to these former Gunners : stop talking and start supporting"

https://www.facebook.com/mesutoezil/posts/1865970026814894

^ That'll go down well - and no-one will surely retort with "stop talking and start playing" to him back, will they? :)
« Last Edit: September 2, 2017, 08:36:03 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #46629 on: September 2, 2017, 09:46:32 pm »

^ That'll go down well - and no-one will surely retort with "stop talking and start playing" to him back, will they? :)
He's leaving nice, little digs and Legends and unsuccessful players but when he says he don't know the future that him saying bye.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46630 on: September 2, 2017, 10:05:27 pm »

I seen Squawka reply at the top with some stats since he joined. I know stats can be misleading but I still find it surprising because I can't remember the last time I can come out and say Ozil had a great game. 

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46631 on: September 2, 2017, 10:10:35 pm »
I seen Squawka reply at the top with some stats since he joined. I know stats can be misleading but I still find it surprising because I can't remember the last time I can come out and say Ozil had a great game.

Ozil is possibly the most underrated player in the Premier League. Across La Liga, Bundesliga and the Premier League he's posted double digit assists 5 times in his career and has 9 in another couple of seasons. The guy is an unbelievable player but if you listened to pundits you'd think he's a total liability that needs binning. We'll see how important he is when he leaves and you're struggling mightily to create a clear chance a game.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2017, 10:15:10 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46632 on: September 2, 2017, 10:15:28 pm »
That may be the case but he is no where to be seen in big matches

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46633 on: September 2, 2017, 10:17:02 pm »
Hard to rate him when he's done his annual Anfield disappearing act.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46634 on: September 2, 2017, 10:22:42 pm »

He had an assist in a 2-2 draw with Man City last season and a goal and assist in a 3-0 win against Chelsea. Arsenal as a whole are shit against big sides and have been for years, yet he's the one that gets singled out the most.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46635 on: September 2, 2017, 10:34:51 pm »
Ozil is possibly the most underrated player in the Premier League. Across La Liga, Bundesliga and the Premier League he's posted double digit assists 5 times in his career and has 9 in another couple of seasons. The guy is an unbelievable player but if you listened to pundits you'd think he's a total liability that needs binning. We'll see how important he is when he leaves and you're struggling mightily to create a clear chance a game.

He's a waste of a shirt when they play away at a top 6 rival.

To me that's not good enough and I certainly wouldn't put up with a Liverpool player being the same

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46636 on: September 2, 2017, 10:37:14 pm »

It should be set up perfect for him this year. For the first time since he joined he's actually got a forward in front of him that has the actual combination of movement, pace and finishing ability. Of course, Wenger has to play him first though. With Sanchez still there if he's not in the huff, it's a potentially exciting forward line. Let's see how they do in the next half dozen or so games. They don't have any excuses not to play well.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2017, 10:41:41 pm by ScottishGoon »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46637 on: September 2, 2017, 11:02:41 pm »
He's a waste of a shirt when they play away at a top 6 rival.

To me that's not good enough and I certainly wouldn't put up with a Liverpool player being the same

Name me an Arsenal player that isn't. Ozil had a pedigree of performing well on the biggest stages before he came to the Premier League, but now he's surrounded by lesser players he doesn't look as good, hardly a surprise. He's become a scapegoat.

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46638 on: September 2, 2017, 11:08:33 pm »

Indeed, most of my exposure to Arsenal games is from watching them play us or other big teams. I actually had to get on YouTube to be reminded what it looks like when he plays well...

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #46639 on: September 2, 2017, 11:40:40 pm »
He had an assist in a 2-2 draw with Man City last season and a goal and assist in a 3-0 win against Chelsea. Arsenal as a whole are shit against big sides and have been for years, yet he's the one that gets singled out the most.
One big reason why they're shit in big games is having an ultimate luxury player in the team who is anonymous in practically every big game they play. Like Gerrard said with him in the team they are a man down.