Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5783762 times)

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread
« Reply #46560 on: September 1, 2017, 08:17:34 am »
Can't see sanchez downing tools, just doesn't seem the  type. Can he start transfer talks in Jan?
Officially only with clubs from abroad.

Won't be surprised if PSG come back for him again next season.They can't spend big money next summer because of Mbappe deal so signing Sanchez as a free signing would have be ideal.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #46561 on: September 1, 2017, 08:23:52 am »
Officially only with clubs from abroad.

Won't be surprised if PSG come back for him again next season.They can't spend big money next summer because of Mbappe deal so signing Sanchez as a free signing would have be ideal.
I imagine Sanchez on a free would demand a signing on fee of at least £30m so not really free for them. They'll probably still do it though, the rules mean fuck all to them.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46562 on: September 1, 2017, 08:25:53 am »
I imagine Sanchez on a free would demand a signing on fee of at least £30m so not really free for them. They'll probably still do it though, the rules mean fuck all to them.
They will just offer a share of profits from their Qatari hotels to his brother or father to get around that signing on fee. Like they did with Neymar.

If they aren't getting punished for spending 400mil on Neymar and Mbappe , they aren't getting punished for anything anytime soon.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46563 on: September 1, 2017, 08:52:21 am »
Best outcome for us. Lemar still available as the Coutinho replacement next year. Better for us if Monaco stay in champions league and refuse to sell in Jan.

Sanchez unhappy, will still play well but will be more gifs of him laughing when they get beat.

City also don't get a would have been happy Sanchez.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46564 on: September 1, 2017, 08:58:55 am »
Be great if Sanchez downed tools and then fucked off in January.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #46565 on: September 1, 2017, 09:05:39 am »
Be great if Sanchez downed tools and then fucked off in January.

That's probably the problem....it's now basically 3/4 month and him and Coutinho can down tools, get a transfer and still have enough time to play and get world cup call up :/

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #46566 on: September 1, 2017, 09:14:57 am »
That's probably the problem....it's now basically 3/4 month and him and Coutinho can down tools, get a transfer and still have enough time to play and get world cup call up :/
The fuck? Coutinho has 5 years!!! yeah let him try that. Sanchez is Chile captain and has 12 months i am sure he will get away with it.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46567 on: September 1, 2017, 09:16:28 am »
The fuck? Coutinho has 5 years!!! yeah let him try that. Sanchez is Chile captain and has 12 months i am sure he will get away with it.

To me it depends on if it has an effect on the squad etc could cause a lot of problems for us

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #46568 on: September 1, 2017, 09:17:57 am »
To me it depends on if it has an effect on the squad etc could cause a lot of problems for us
There is no way Liverpool are selling in Jan window.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46569 on: September 1, 2017, 09:18:57 am »
Er no the difference is Sanchez can fuck off for free in a year and can sign pre contract agreement in January.And he will start for Chile in world cup  even if he doesnt play single minute of club football till next june.So he can down tools all he wants.

Whereas Coutinho has a 5 year contract and stil tied upto till June 2020.

HE actually needs to play well to first get into our team and then retain his place in Brazil team for next world cup let alone if he hopes for a big money transfer next summer.

.And unless he has another great season no other big club will come in with offers to  the wages he is on here or the price that will tempt Liverpool to sell.

Completely different scenarios in every possible way.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46570 on: September 1, 2017, 09:19:52 am »
No offence u are seriously naive if u think we will sell in January :lmao

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46571 on: September 1, 2017, 09:21:22 am »
No offence u are seriously naive if u think we will sell in January :lmao

Hey, I could be wrong obviously.....but the little shit already said he won't play for us. None of us expected anything like what has happened to come from him...anyway. Arsenal thread so I'll shh :)

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46572 on: September 1, 2017, 09:22:00 am »
Hey, I could be wrong obviously.....but the little shit already said he won't play for us. None of us expected anything like what has happened to come from him...anyway. Arsenal thread so I'll shh :)
Did he.Any link to the press conference he said he won't play for us ? [emoji13]

Seriously mate , he acted like a stupid idiot by submitting transfer request a day before the season started but apart from that he didn't do anything wrong.

Never even uttered a word in public to force through the transfer either.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2017, 09:23:39 am by BeautifulGame91 »

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46573 on: September 1, 2017, 10:18:37 am »
I don't think Arsenal fans should be too downhearted yet. Sanchez could well go on to have a good season. You've lost two tough away games, against us at our peak, and against Stoke. You've struggled there before, and were unlucky anyway.

Start worrying if you start dropping points against weaker teams, that's where Arsenal usually rack up their wins. You've beaten Chelsea already this season, get your chins up.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46574 on: September 1, 2017, 10:29:08 am »
I don't think Arsenal fans should be too downhearted yet. Sanchez could well go on to have a good season. You've lost two tough away games, against us at our peak, and against Stoke. You've struggled there before, and were unlucky anyway.

Start worrying if you start dropping points against weaker teams, that's where Arsenal usually rack up their wins. You've beaten Chelsea already this season, get your chins up.
Yep. agree with this, situation can easily be turned around

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #46575 on: September 1, 2017, 10:39:35 am »
Yep. agree with this, situation can easily be turned around
It really is not.....This has been years in the making.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46576 on: September 1, 2017, 10:44:44 am »
It really is not.....This has been years in the making.
On the field they can get back to winning. Wenger needs to be a little ruthless, maybe find a new leader. The squad is good enough to challenge for top 4 absolutely no question about that, just will need some changes.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46577 on: September 1, 2017, 10:50:41 am »
Top 4 will just paper over the cracks if they manage it.

Offline P1res

• Main Stander
    • Draft Style EPL Fantasy Football
« Reply #46578 on: September 1, 2017, 11:00:58 am »
When it looked like Oxlade was joining Chelsea, I said to a couple of Liverpool supporting mates that Liverpool had missed a trick there. I had no idea you guys were interested and I reckon he's going to be brilliant for you!

Good on him as well, for sticking to his guns and not settling for Chelsea where he would have had to play RWB as he suspected.

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46579 on: September 1, 2017, 11:26:45 am »
On the one hand after our own experience with the cancers (who were more obviously terrible and hence spurred more urgency), I feel kinda bad for arsenal. If i had to choose another top 6 team to win the league it would probably be them.

On the other hand, Arsenal Fan TV Deadline day is better than any matchday meltdown i've ever witnessed  :lmao :lmao :lmao
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Suedehead

• Smooth operator.......
  • Main Stander
  • Respectful MUFC fan // Long-time lurker
« Reply #46580 on: September 1, 2017, 11:41:01 am »

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46581 on: September 1, 2017, 11:43:50 am »
Don't buy the S**
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #46582 on: September 1, 2017, 12:45:24 pm »
Wenger bringing Lacazette on to play left wing against us reminded me of Rodgers signing Firmino for big money and then playing him wing back. Rodgers was going through the managerial equivalent of a nervous breakdown and I think Wenger is very much experiencing the same sort of thing at the moment.

They have some excellent players but the club's collective head is twatted. I really see them struggling this year.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46583 on: September 1, 2017, 01:00:57 pm »

We are three games into the season.  Liverpool have not peaked. ;)

I have a lot of time and respect for Arsenal and Wenger but he needs to realise it's over and somebody at the club needs to man up and pull the trigger. 

I'm too young to remember when Shankly left Liverpool - happened the year I was born - but even he knew when it was time.  If he hadn't have left when he did Liverpool might not have experienced those glory years under Paisley.  Worse, he might have become a shadow of his former self, as Wenger has become.

Men like Wenger, Rafa, Shanks - football is in their blood and a part of them doesn't know what they would be without it.  But at some point you have to say enough is enough.  Go and be a family man, go and manage the local pub team.  It's not an easy transition to make but Wenger is a prime example of what happens when you put it off.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #46584 on: September 1, 2017, 04:38:47 pm »
On the field they can get back to winning. Wenger needs to be a little ruthless, maybe find a new leader. The squad is good enough to challenge for top 4 absolutely no question about that, just will need some changes.
There is reports out already that Sanchez is refusing to play for Arsenal again after they ruined his move to City(pretty sure it was reported on Arsenal fan tv).Also said that he wants to move in Jan window.

I am in group chat with few gunners and they sent a voice note the other day about the in fight at Arsenal.
Gibbs apparently played all the games leading up to the FA cup final and then was told Ox would replace him and  he was angry. He was asked to sit on bench and he refused and didn't turn up. I don't know how true this is as i am not gunner and don't care. The reason for doing all this was to try and keep Ox in the first place by giving him a start in the final.

Also For months now Sanchez has been right piece of shit around the club coming training late etc and lot of players want him gone and have expressed this view.

Koscienlny and Ramsey had a massive fight Ramsey called him out for being a shit captain, Koscienlny also was one of the people that did call out Sanchez on his bullshit and they had disagreement in changing room.

Now i don't know if that is just shit, but you seem to have a group of lads who just don't really want to play with each other. You have a cycle at Arsenal that when pressure is normally off 9/10 they perform. While when it is on they fall down.

We will have to wait and see but i am putting money on it not being great season for them and that they at best fight for top 5/6.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #46585 on: September 1, 2017, 05:09:59 pm »
Come Jan will be they looking for big sam to keep them up?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #46586 on: September 1, 2017, 05:16:47 pm »
Arsena fan tv day after transfer deadline round up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XLIpFD5_Ls
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46587 on: September 1, 2017, 05:55:41 pm »
There is reports out already that Sanchez is refusing to play for Arsenal again after they ruined his move to City(pretty sure it was reported on Arsenal fan tv).Also said that he wants to move in Jan window.

I am in group chat with few gunners and they sent a voice note the other day about the in fight at Arsenal.
Gibbs apparently played all the games leading up to the FA cup final and then was told Ox would replace him and  he was angry. He was asked to sit on bench and he refused and didn't turn up. I don't know how true this is as i am not gunner and don't care. The reason for doing all this was to try and keep Ox in the first place by giving him a start in the final.

Also For months now Sanchez has been right piece of shit around the club coming training late etc and lot of players want him gone and have expressed this view.

Koscienlny and Ramsey had a massive fight Ramsey called him out for being a shit captain, Koscienlny also was one of the people that did call out Sanchez on his bullshit and they had disagreement in changing room.

Now i don't know if that is just shit, but you seem to have a group of lads who just don't really want to play with each other. You have a cycle at Arsenal that when pressure is normally off 9/10 they perform. While when it is on they fall down.

We will have to wait and see but i am putting money on it not being great season for them and that they at best fight for top 5/6.

The main things I get from that is

- we dodged a bullet over Sanchez, and
- he'll fit in perfectly at City.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46588 on: September 1, 2017, 06:13:22 pm »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46589 on: September 1, 2017, 06:21:09 pm »
The main things I get from that is

- we dodged a bullet over Sanchez, and
- he'll fit in perfectly at City.

You dodged a couple of trophies along with him.

He can go to city in the summer, when hes nearly 30. Until then, he'll be a good lad and get back to work.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #46590 on: September 1, 2017, 06:22:14 pm »
Arsenal: 92m take it or leave it

Monaco: Okay, we'll take it.

Arsenal: What?

Monaco: What?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46591 on: September 1, 2017, 06:24:16 pm »
Arsenal: 92m take it or leave it

Monaco: Okay, we'll take it.

Monaco: What?

More like

Arsenal : "Please disregard the previous email, we believe our account has been hacked, sorry for the inconvenience"

shut the lap top and legged it.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46592 on: September 1, 2017, 06:49:00 pm »
You dodged a couple of trophies along with him.

He can go to city in the summer, when hes nearly 30. Until then, he'll be a good lad and get back to work.

That's fine.  I'm sure we'll make up for it quite soon, and with far less off field shenanigans ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46593 on: September 1, 2017, 06:51:59 pm »
Come Jan will be they looking for big sam to keep them up?

the scenes if this happen  ;D

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #46594 on: September 1, 2017, 07:27:22 pm »
Big sam as the gunnersauraus
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46595 on: September 1, 2017, 07:37:34 pm »
The way we are defending, we could do with a big Sa.....Ah fuck, forget it.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46596 on: September 1, 2017, 07:39:22 pm »
So Arsenal only brought in one player this summer.

And we have people whinging about our summer business...lol.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #46597 on: September 1, 2017, 07:43:21 pm »
Arsenal fans obsess over transfers but the fact is they still have a really good team that's been badly coached last few years.

They kept their best players and added Lacazette - that's a lot of firepower. You give that group of players to Klopp, Poch or Pep and they'd make them play outstanding football and would be up there in serious conversations for the title.

What makes all this weird is that whatever happens Wenger always keeps them in a 70-75 pts range. They were at that level just before they brought Ozil and Alexis and haven't managed to improve. Wenger is that main issue here , these are Arsenal's points returns last 8 years - 75,68,70,73,79,75,71,75. It's like when Wenger's your manager you're under a spell where you can't do too badly but you also can't break that barrier to truly challenge for the title.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46598 on: September 1, 2017, 07:48:37 pm »
So Arsenal only brought in one player this summer.

And we have people whinging about our summer business...lol.

Lacazette and Kolasinac

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46599 on: September 1, 2017, 07:50:10 pm »
Lacazette and Kolasinac

As your own supporters will tell you Kolasinac was bought in January, joined the club in the summer. So not a summer transfer window purchase.