Author Topic: This is the year... (mentioned in the Sunday Times)  (Read 43877 times)

Offline Perspective

• is all skewed
  • Kemlynite
Re: This is the year...
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2008, 03:26:10 pm »
Still think we are one top attacking player away from a title challenge.

Depending on how the new full backs turn out, you may be short of the required quality in those area's too.

Offline Perspective

• is all skewed
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2008, 03:28:00 pm »
On a side note do you guys actually believe you have the best midfield in the world? I've seen many people claim it. Doesn't seem to be the case for me though. I think the United midfield is better when you look at it's flexibility and individual components.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2008, 04:01:03 pm »
On a side note do you guys actually believe you have the best midfield in the world? I've seen many people claim it. Doesn't seem to be the case for me though. I think the United midfield is better when you look at it's flexibility and individual components.
Who knows?  Boss song though, at the time.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2008, 05:46:25 pm »

Do Middlesbrough really believe that they're the finest team in football has ever seen?

Offline Rafas legends

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • There are places i remember all my life
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2008, 05:52:56 pm »
qualiy post that THIS IS THE YEAR
http://thekop.liverpoolfc.tv/rafaslegends

"That's it game over" Andy Gray 25/5/2005 20:43 pm

"You'd better start carving liverpool's name on this trophy" Andy Gray  25/5/2005 22:09 pm

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2008, 06:41:45 pm »
this is the season - believe believe - i do

I believe with all my heart, but thats the problem. In my head I still have the fear that it will all go "tits up"
(brought on by years of disapointment)

Fuck it - we're gonna do it. The perch may be a bit wobbly, but we're still on it.

those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline Brave Lee Flea

• Kopite
  • Brave Lee turned his tail and fled....
« Reply #166 on: August 1, 2008, 06:12:49 pm »
I think Us, Chelsea and the Mancs all have the quality to win the Prem. I don't man to man match-ups are really important, cos if they were Chelsea would have shit on both us and the mancs. The big question this season is who can be consistant, and in the big games, who can play well together.

I think this is the key. Several times over past decade and more, under Evans and Houllier, I have looked at United's players and thought our teamsheet  was at least as good - yet we didn't manage the results that they did.

And this is where Ferguson is so good; he consistently makes his team greater than the sum of its parts. Who seriously thought they would win the league at the start of the 2006/7 season?

If I recall rightly they had just sold RvN and bought Carrick for what seemed like a ludicrous amount of money; a passing midfielder when they appeared to by crying out for a striker and a midfield enforcer. I'd have put money on them not winning the league that year.
I'm a believer.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: August 1, 2008, 11:21:35 pm »
Good post.

Offline Gary_17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: August 1, 2008, 11:33:41 pm »
Great read that!
Justice for the 96

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #169 on: August 2, 2008, 07:13:47 pm »
Excellent post from the heart, L6 Red.

As an 'arl arse who has been lucky to have seen us win the league on a regular basis, I really feel sorry for some of our younger fans who have never witnessed this experience.

Every season I feel and think, this is going to be our year and I'm no different for this season. But I feel we've got more strength in depth from our squad than we have for a good number of years now.

Come on Redmen! Indeed.

Offline irishred1991

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96, YNWA
« Reply #170 on: August 2, 2008, 09:14:09 pm »
we cant let the mancs get their 18th!! this is OUR year!!!
Liverpool is our religion,
Anfield is our church,
The Kop is our choir,
Fowler is our God.

Offline cullen_23

• Main Stander
« Reply #171 on: August 2, 2008, 11:57:24 pm »
from 2days performance against rangers it could well be. we looked class all around the pitch 2day
COME ON REDS
Forever in our shadow! *****

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #172 on: August 3, 2008, 12:01:33 pm »
We're not letting those bastards reach 18 without the scrap of our lives.

Is fuckin right! We must win it this season.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: August 3, 2008, 06:42:37 pm »
Bob Dylan. John Lennon. Van Morrison. Tom Waits. Leonard Cohen. David Byrne. Elvis Costello. Ken Dodd. Arthur Askey. Bungle..... anybody but George.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2008, 07:08:25 pm by FAT SCOUSER »
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #175 on: August 5, 2008, 02:42:14 pm »
Great, inspired post, L6Red. God, there's quality on these boards nowadays. Although I'm a bit late, I just want to say that I believe you.
I know we say it every year(particularly, the less enlightened RAWKites such as myself), but a red like yourself who lives and breathes LFC much more intensively than moi, has supported our beloved reds to a much higher degree and grew up and live basically at the epicentre of the source of our existence, I am more inclined to listen to.

Roll on nr. 19
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #176 on: August 5, 2008, 04:30:55 pm »
of course, we don't get a mention:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1041609/Sky-man-Gray-predicts-business-usual-table-Chelsea-main-threat-Manchester-United.html

It's Andy Gray.

I'd rather not get a mention.  Then we can shove it down the media's throats next year once we make a push for No. 19.
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline k4bir

• Main Stander
« Reply #177 on: August 5, 2008, 07:46:56 pm »
well pal that was a fuckin good post,i agree we have now bought some PL experiance ,and we have a proper spine to the team,good post

Offline Ste Gerrard 8

• Exchange Ban
  • Kopite
« Reply #178 on: August 5, 2008, 08:31:20 pm »
Im biased but i say liverpool for nineteen this season :)
Come on the redds!
On April 15th '89
What should have been a joyous time
Ninety six Friends, we all shall miss
And all the Kopites want justice (JUSTICE!)

Offline LFC-Dan

• one of the worst here!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 5, 2008, 08:37:53 pm »
Imagine last year being the scum's last title for 10+ years and we win the next 8-9!

Impossible is nothing!!   This is our year!  YNWA
Justice for the 96

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #180 on: August 5, 2008, 08:43:08 pm »
this thread is a bit early for my liking but i do hope that some of our players realise that a sad 20 year anniversary is coming up and show they care in the league this year.

Actually, the further we go in the FA Cup, the more importance that will take on to be honest.

I say; Liverpool for the League and Cup double!!!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #181 on: August 7, 2008, 01:02:57 pm »
"The second best midfield in the world after the United one which may be better when you look at it's flexibility and individual components" doesn't really scan, to be honest.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline spionkop76

• Main Stander
« Reply #182 on: August 7, 2008, 01:19:35 pm »
don't get me wrong actually wouldn't mind the title going somewhere other than the big two but how can u when u -

sign aged players for big cash who have no pace and doesn't raise the bar and will get no better in time.

rest your best players too often leaving a team that is at best about 6th best in the Premier League.

no wonder the best players bar a couple of players don't want to sign for liverpool, they want to be playing and winning not left out and making them lose.

i think u would do a whole lot better with a manager who wants to win every game and knows his best 11, when u get rafa concentrating on champions league if that doens't come off again and u are mid table again people will question him, and rightly so
Who is this fucking westhamfan talking shite on this liverpool fan forum? I never heard of these best player don't want to player for liverpool now unless you want mention that particular c*nt Lucas Neil ( westham very best player ). I guess you hate our Rafa too much till your arse hole bleeding every time we play well in champions league, not to mention we beat you in 2006 FA cup final. Whooooaaa...go blow your buble.
We are moving up a mighty highway toward the city of VICTORIOUS. There will be meandering points. There will be curves and difficult moments, and we will be tempted to retaliate with the same kind of force that required for the BOSS to be shaken. But I'm going to say to you, 'Wait a minute, REDMens. We got to have some sense of extreme PATIENCE.'

Offline Lustig

• Kopite
« Reply #183 on: August 7, 2008, 08:08:11 pm »
i hate to repeat my self but that boy with the number 7 shirt on his back is going to bring num. 19 home...i just fuckin know it...... i have been dreaming it for the last couple of years....

Offline PhilLFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Stay Low Move Fast..We are the Pilgrims Master
« Reply #184 on: August 7, 2008, 08:19:58 pm »

Impossible is nothing!!   This is our year!  YNWA
Yes, I do beleive this is our year, we are getting stronger...
22 Smokin AceS

Offline LFC Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 7, 2008, 08:29:17 pm »
of course, we don't get a mention:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1041609/Sky-man-Gray-predicts-business-usual-table-Chelsea-main-threat-Manchester-United.html

That's not surprising, but you shouldn't expect to get a mention from a bluenose like Gray.  Wait and see him eating his words at the end of the year! 

Come on Liverpool!  It's time for No.19!!!
"The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they don't know the game" - Bill Shankly

Offline Sopp

• Anny Roader
« Reply #186 on: August 7, 2008, 08:41:53 pm »
Come December, someone will bump this thread and a lot of people will be left embarrassed.

I await a wave of comments regarding my negative thinking now...
"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody."

Offline Noli

• Anny Roader
  • Life is wasted on people
« Reply #187 on: August 7, 2008, 09:24:14 pm »
I dont understand how people can be downbeat,fair enough at  the start of 03/04 or that but seriously why dont people look at the positives?
Time to start educating the masses, theres no excuse for ignorance,either you choose not to know or not to care

Offline **Glenn**

• Kopite
    • My twitter
« Reply #188 on: August 7, 2008, 10:16:53 pm »
Come on RedMen

Lets Show Those Manc Twats

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 7, 2008, 11:28:40 pm »

From The Times
August 8, 2008

Rafael Benitez rues 'curse' of Istanbul triumph

James Ducker

It would be exaggerating to suggest that Liverpool's Champions League triumph in 2005 has hung like a noose around Rafael Benítez's neck since, but the manager admits that, in one respect, he could have done without the problems that the “Miracle of Istanbul” inadvertently created for him. “In some ways made things more difficult because the expectations became so high,” Benítez says.

“Then we won the European Super Cup and FA Cup the following season and so suddenly everyone was saying, 'OK, the next step will be the Premier League title.' But then, when you don't win it, people say, 'Oh, you can't go to that next step,' when, maybe, we were operating at the next level up, but because the other teams around us were progressing as well, it didn't seem that way.

“In some respects, we were maybe our own worst enemies, but, of course, I'd prefer to have that problem, to be talking as a Champions League winner. People are talking now about us not having won the league for 18 years, but it was 21 years since this club had last won the European Cup.”

It is perhaps the ultimate irony of Benítez's reign at Anfield that, while his squad has grown in strength with each season that has passed, he has still to scale the heights of that debut campaign. With every summer comes the hope that Liverpool will mount a serious assault on the title, only for the dream to fizzle out long before the advent of May. So will Benítez's fifth season in charge be any different?

Having been if not bruised, then certainly enlightened by his experiences, Benítez is too savvy to make rash predictions, but as he held court during a rare interview at Liverpool's Melwood training ground yesterday, there was a clear conviction to his words.

After four years of wheeling and dealing, reshaping a squad that bears next to no resemblance to the one that he inherited from Gérard Houllier - only Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Sami Hyypia and Steve Finnan, who may be on his way soon, remain - Benítez feels that he is at a point where he can launch a credible challenge for what he believes is the hardest competition to win in football.

Breaking the Real Madrid-Barcelona duopoly under similar circumstances with Valencia in Spain was one thing, but trying to overhaul Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal is another, according to the Spaniard. “It's clear that we are going in the right direction and progressing,” he says. “We have got good young players coming through who will be important, while those with experience are settling down now so it could be a very good season for us.

“The key is not to say that we can win the title because it's clear that it's the most difficult league in the world to win. Look at the final of the Champions League last season, it was between Chelsea and United, who are at the top of the table in England.

“Everybody can see that the team and squad is improving every year and that now we are much better, but will that be enough to win the title? That's the big question because it depends on the other teams as well.

“I can't control what United, Chelsea or Arsenal do. Every year I'm trying to do the right things, but so are they. Is it going to be enough? I don't know.” Benítez rejects the notion that Chelsea changing managers, Arsenal losing players and United's gruelling fixture list up to Christmas may benefit his team - “We have no great advantage” - and he insists that his players cannot afford to hope for favours.

Fernando Torres and Gerrard will again be crucial, but while Benítez expects the arrival of Robbie Keane from Tottenham Hotspur and, he hopes, Gareth Barry, whose prospective transfer from Aston Villa remains in limbo, to help to ease the burden, the manager believes that Liverpool's title ambitions will rest just as heavily on players such as Daniel Agger, much missed through injury last season, Martin Skrtel, Lucas Leiva and Ryan Babel stepping up a level.

Benítez also hopes to blood one or two of the club's emerging talents, such as Krisztian Nemeth or Damien Plessis, although what Liverpool probably need most this season is to avoid a repeat of the off-field troubles that blighted the previous campaign.

Whether Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, the club's controversial co-owners, can be trusted not to turn another season into a soap opera remains to be seen - uncertainty over funding for the proposed new stadium in Stanley Park may render that impossible - but Benítez is at least hoping for a period of peace.

“It's important for all teams to be focused solely on things on the pitch, because that way you get the best from each player, because they don't have distractions and aren't always reading bad news about their club,” he says. “The best way for all clubs to do things is not to create too much bad news.”

What Liverpool supporters can be assured of is that Benítez's hunger is stronger than ever. He may occasionally be frustrated that he does not have the financial muscle that Mr. Ferguson has at United or Luiz Felipe Scolari at Chelsea, but the desire to reward the fans who worship him makes walking away unthinkable.

“Since I arrived here you can see that the fans are amazing and support you 100 per cent,” Benítez says. “It might be similar at other clubs, but this one is very special, it's different.

“Last season, when I had problems and people were talking, the supporters were absolutely amazing to me so I have to do my best every day because I have a responsibility to give something back to them.” We all know what he has in mind.

Rafael Benítez was promoting the LIVE coverage of Liverpool's friendly against Lazio tonight, available exclusively on LFC TV, and Liverpool's opening game of the season against Sunderland, exclusively live on Setanta Sports, August 16.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article4481652.ece

Offline Norway_is_red

• Violets_are_blue
  • Anny Roader
  • No, those are not my pair of titties!
« Reply #190 on: August 7, 2008, 11:30:18 pm »
Bring it home!!  ;D :champ
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” In Rafa I trust.

Offline Stef08

• Main Stander
« Reply #191 on: August 8, 2008, 12:34:09 am »
If we bottle it like we usually do against the Mancs on Sept 13 then its over........However if we win then itll give us the confidence well need to try and challenge...........Relistically though i and im sure most people including the bookies would be very surprised if the Mancs or Chelsea dont win it
« Last Edit: August 8, 2008, 12:38:12 am by Stef08 »

Offline Gerr8ard

• Main Stander
« Reply #192 on: August 8, 2008, 07:35:34 am »
Had the best thoughts just flash through my mind!

Last day of the year, Mancs are playing away to Hull. Our boys need a win, nothing else. Mancs do the job quite easily, 4-0. We're on our home turf against Spurs and they get a shock lead. HT its 0-1. The second half, the pressure is on big time, the crowd are becoming increasingly restless and nervous. Attacking the Kop, the noise is absolutely deafening, incredible, similar to the atmosphere of 05 v Chelsea. No matter how nervous they are, the suppporters are willing them on, singing like they have never before, a cauldron of noise.

Entering the final 20 minutes and the scoreline remains 0-1. I can just imagine those dirty manc pricks, laughing and singing about number 18. But then out of no where, the new kid on the block, Gareth receives the ball out wide just outside the box and flashes in a brilliant equaliser in the 78th minute. No time to party though, runs to the net, picks the ball up and straight back to the centre for the restart. News is flowing in that the Mancs have Hull stitched up well and truly. However those pricks at Hull, have become silent and begin to brick it hardcore, as they wait for news coming from Anfield.

Flurry after flurry, Masch as industrious as ever, Stevie G playing on one leg, Carra pushed up into our own half sending the ball back into the danger area. Kop, bouncing and roaring and screaming for that elusive goal. Time is slowly ticking away, Spurs have rode their luck well. Mancs are starting to sense they've got it again, breaking out into singing at Hull.

92nd minute. F.Torres, our newly crowned legend on the terraces. Babel threads the ball from out wide into the middle just outside the box to our Spanish Gem. A huge roar of anticipation echoes throughout the ground. He picks up the ball on the edge of the area, skips past one defender, the whole of Anfield becomes silent, a moment in time is frozen. The next defender in line backs off, allowing Nando the chance to get his man flat-footed, the man's trademark move. Dummying one way, he slides his foot over the outside of the ball, cutting inside his man. Now the goal face is open, just with the keeper to beat. Anfield braces itself, a catalogue of memories flash through the minds of all those supporters present inside the ground, watching on tvs in foreign places, strapped to their seats watching on computer monitors, the thousands upon thousands of Reds that breathe and live this most special club. Our time has arrived. A crisply placed side-footed finish past the despairing keeper, is received with the most jubilant and euphoric celebrations known to man-kind as Nando wheels away, with tears welling in his eyes from the enormity of what he has just acomplished. The feelings are indescribable to all watching from every corner of the earth. Carra, falls to his knees. Stevie kisses and hugs Nando like never before. Whilst Rafa stands still, showing no emotion on the touchline, ordering and screaming at his players to get back to the centre. The last minute of extra time dwindles away, as the scarves inside are wheeled around in a magnificent sea of red, even those snobby Spurs fans are breathless as they gaze around the ground wide-eyed like little school children. What they have just witnessed will stay with them forever. The ref blows the full time whistle, as thousands upon thousands of fans storm the pitch, grasping for a moment to share their euphoria and love with the players and coaching staff. Commentators are bewildered and amazed at the scences. Even Andy Gray gives the boys a wrap and is pleased for this new generation of players that are taking us back into the glory days.

Oh and i forgot to mention those Mancs. Well, news flooded through that we pipped em' for the title while they were singing and carrying on like girls. The look on Alex's face is priceless, as he was grinning and chewing away thinking that he had landed the mancs back on level terms just a few moments earlier. Rio and the pretty boy, having a teary and the Hull fans singing Liverpool's praises makes it even better.

Back on our perch and, we shall not moved. English Football is reborn again.

Offline Sopp

• Anny Roader
« Reply #193 on: August 8, 2008, 05:01:51 pm »
I dont think we will win it, were not as good as Utd and Chelsea and we havent done anything yet to suggest we are.

We need to progress though and i think progress would be being in the title race until April
As we all do, I long for the Premiership. Realistically though, as despressing a fact as it is, I'd be content if what you said came true.
"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody."

Offline Red Rascal

• Kopite
  • I believe in Liverpool FC!
« Reply #194 on: August 8, 2008, 05:12:27 pm »
Wow...I am so week-kneed now...you are the one I wanna marry, my soulmate...you had George Michael and LFC interwined into a fantastic read! I am in love!

Go 19!
"Tactically, I did my job." (Rafa Benitez)

Offline PETERC1992

• Anny Roader
« Reply #195 on: August 8, 2008, 05:20:37 pm »
Im completely excited bout the new season and full of optimism.We ahvea  good squad this year with good depth.Look at united without ronaldo and rooney for teh first month or so thye only have tevez,who isnt an out an out goal scorer.If we were to lose torres and gerrard we would still have keane(proven he can score goals),n'gog,voronin,kuyt,babel,nemeth..

compare the united midfield now
Liverpool: benayoung,gerrard,alonso,barry(maybe) mascherano,pennant,lucas

united: anderson,carrick,nani,scholes giggs,fletcher

Anderson ;Lucas --- anderson prob had a better season last year but Lucas was the hottest prospect back in brazil and has taken a little loner to settle and to see his best
Carrick;Barry --- Barry would be completly more worth his money than carrick was...18 million for him and the same for barry i would take barry any day.
Nani; Benayoun --- Nani has more potential as Benayoun has already probably hit his best,hopefully he will be a flop:P
Mascherano ; Fletcher ---  Only one winner here,Fletcher doesnt touch him
Gerrard; Scholes ---- Me thinks Gerard is the betetr player but Scholes is still a class act
Giggs; Pennant --- Giggs wins this one but maybe this year he mightnt have the legs and i hope he doesnt get 11 medals the c*nt

So without Ronaldo and Rooney for the first Few games united arnt much better than us if even? So hopefully we can get a good start and  for the whole season we will be able to fight it out with them .

Offline wmm_ynwa

• Anny Roader
« Reply #196 on: August 8, 2008, 05:57:19 pm »
We need to progress though and i think progress would be being in the title race until April

Every year people are talking about progress. Nevermind that, you need to set your standards high to reach the top. A trophy and a challenge is all that's acceptable now.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2008, 08:33:19 pm »
This article was cited in today's Sunday Times.

If you're reading this Mr Northcroft, it was a cracking read and I'm honoured that you cited it. Can I have a job or at least some work experience, please? I'll pop me CV to you. I've got loads of experience already and I'll be graduating from Oxford with an English Lit and Lang degree next year.

Thank you.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2008, 08:33:37 pm »
Nice to see that Jonathan Norcroft reads Rawk.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2008, 08:43:25 pm »
This article was cited in today's Sunday Times.

If you're reading this Mr Northcroft, it was a cracking read and I'm honoured that you cited it. Can I have a job or at least some work experience, please? I'll pop me CV to you. I've got loads of experience already and I'll be graduating from Oxford with an English Lit and Lang degree next year.

Thank you.

this one?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article4493435.ece
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts