Author Topic: Darts thread  (Read 979500 times)

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Darts thread
« Reply #16120 on: January 1, 2018, 10:41:24 pm »
Whitlock?!! FFS what's the point.

Van Den Burgh would of been better.

I think Cadby would've been better than van den Bergh. Think his personality is perfectly suited to it.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #16121 on: January 1, 2018, 10:42:09 pm »
Hopefully this will be kick Lewis into action. He needs to up his game and significantly.

Thought Jamie did ok - oh you mean Adrian  :P
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #16122 on: January 1, 2018, 10:43:26 pm »
BDO starts on Saturday! Adams v McGeeney in the first round could be decent.

I find the BDO is unwatchable, after the watching the PDC, Adams v McGeeney be struggling to match even Taylors averages from tonight's final.
#Sausages

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16123 on: January 1, 2018, 10:44:16 pm »
How do you separate the two though?

Taylor's a great darts player and Paul Gadd made some decent records back in the seventies but he's still a convicted paedohile

I had to google who that was  ;D Was never a fan of his in the first place.

For me, as I said earlier, I grew up on the BDO. van Barneveld always was my favourite. After that, I'm a fan of darts. So I like to watch quality darts when I can. Who is playing is largely irrelevant, as long as I'll be entertained by the match. The only player I would say I have a vested dislike for is Peter Wright.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16124 on: January 1, 2018, 10:45:30 pm »
I find the BDO is unwatchable, after the watching the PDC, Adams v McGeeney be struggling to match even Taylors averages from tonight's final.

Taylor averaged 102 tonight. I'd be stunned if anybody got within 5 points of that in the tournament. The BDO is miles behind the PDC but I'll still watch it  ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16125 on: January 1, 2018, 10:46:25 pm »

Yeah. I've said before on here I think they should switch them, or put the BDO on the first 2 weeks in December at least.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16126 on: January 1, 2018, 10:46:55 pm »

For me, as I said earlier, I grew up on the BDO. van Barneveld always was my favourite. After that, I'm a fan of darts. So I like to watch quality darts when I can. Who is playing is largely irrelevant, as long as I'll be entertained by the match. The only player I would say I have a vested dislike for is Peter Wright.

Why's that?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #16127 on: January 1, 2018, 10:48:48 pm »

The fight with the BDO was why he had to continue playing, IMO.

He was going to retire in 2004 too but changed his mind, allegedly due to the promise of some serious dosh!

There's no doubt that he was a phenomenon in darting terms but as a person a horrible horrible man
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16128 on: January 1, 2018, 10:53:45 pm »
nice bloke too, he used to drink in my local
That's class. Where you based, caerphilly? Risca myself!

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #16129 on: January 1, 2018, 10:55:26 pm »
That's class. Where you based, caerphilly? Risca myself!
Blackwood

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16130 on: January 1, 2018, 10:58:13 pm »
Why's that?

Well, Phil Taylor gets a bit of shit on here about 'abandoning his kids'. I don't know much about that story but google brings up mostly shite from The S*n, or other places quoting it, so I have no inclination to look into it any further. From what I gather, 2 of his daughters, who are both of working age, have said he doesn't communicate with them, and hasn't lavished them with houses and cars but he has done for his other 2 kids.

Replace Phil Taylor with Peter Wright and main difference in the story is his kids aren't of working age, and need financial support.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16131 on: January 1, 2018, 11:00:32 pm »
How do you separate the two though?

Taylor's a great darts player and Paul Gadd made some decent records back in the seventies but he's still a convicted paedohile

He's still the biggest draw in darts and still has the crowd singing his song whenever he plays. I don't know enough about his sex crimes story to comment any further but those two things would seem at odds with one another! The public are usually not very lenient on these things and have long memories.

If Gerrard had been convicted of his assault charge, I'm sure he still would have been loved by LFC fans, just as Chelsea fans love racist Terry and Suarez gets defended to the hilt. Obviously sex offences can be a different kettle of fish, but again I'm pretty ignorant of the details so can't comment further... I'm certainly not offering a defense of Taylor on these things (which I know nothing about!) in case you might think that
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16132 on: January 1, 2018, 11:02:46 pm »

The only player I never liked is Peter Manley and I don't really remember why! In my brain I just associate Manley with "twat" ;D I've only ever watched PDC
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #16133 on: January 1, 2018, 11:02:52 pm »
He's still the biggest draw in darts and still has the crowd singing his song whenever he plays. I don't know enough about his sex crimes story to comment any further but those two things would seem at odds with one another! The public are usually not very lenient on these things and have long memories.

If Gerrard had been convicted of his assault charge, I'm sure he still would have been loved by LFC fans, just as Chelsea fans love racist Terry and Suarez gets defended to the hilt. Obviously sex offences can be a different kettle of fish, but again I'm pretty ignorant of the details so can't comment further... I'm certainly not offering a defense of Taylor on these things (which I know nothing about!) in case you might think that
here you go http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1203738.stm

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #16134 on: January 1, 2018, 11:07:09 pm »
Put it this way, if Adam Johnson plays football again (which I doubt) when he is released and goes on and wins countless awards, should his name been sang in triumph once his career ends? I cannot separate the two, it seems some can which is their prerogative

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #16135 on: January 1, 2018, 11:09:11 pm »
Blackwood

Home of the Manic Street Preachers
#Sausages

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16137 on: January 1, 2018, 11:14:19 pm »
Blackwood
Dropped you a pm. On the basis as you mention Adam Johnson I can't see any club taking him to even have the chance and rightly so IMO.
Whereas Taylor was needed by the covering body which is a disgrace
« Last Edit: January 1, 2018, 11:17:01 pm by jonkrux »

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #16139 on: January 1, 2018, 11:22:15 pm »
Home of the Manic Street Preachers
yep, my missus was in school with them and Joe Calzaghe!

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #16140 on: January 2, 2018, 12:16:43 am »
here you go http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1203738.stm

I read the link.

What was the sentence that Phil had to serve, it wasn't mentioned in the article?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #16141 on: January 2, 2018, 12:23:33 am »
I read the link.

What was the sentence that Phil had to serve, it wasn't mentioned in the article?
he got a fined Ł2k a slap on the wrist for him, imagine it would be different now with all the high profile cases that seem to be occurring!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1306433.stm

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16142 on: January 2, 2018, 12:27:12 am »
Ta

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #16143 on: January 2, 2018, 01:30:07 am »
Where the fuck did this Cross fella come out of? How has he only just become a pro in the last year?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #16144 on: January 2, 2018, 03:40:52 am »
Where the fuck did this Cross fella come out of? How has he only just become a pro in the last year?

Been on the circuit for about 3 yrs now{if i heard right} but only this year did he win his card to go on the pro tour, said to my missus after the last tournament, that i wouldnt mind having a sly 20 on him for this one, sorry i never now, the man is gonna be around forever  it seems, he has his head screwed on right.

I raised a quizzical eyebrow at the selction for the premier league tho,  Whitlock is on the downhill slide now, and Gurney brings nothing n the way of entertainment to the game, a more boring twat on stage you wont see,
JFT 96

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #16145 on: January 2, 2018, 08:41:41 am »
Michael van Gerwen
Gary Anderson
Peter Wright
Daryl Gurney
Raymond van Barneveld
Mensur Suljović
Rob Cross
Gerwyn Price
Michael Smith
Simon Whitlock

Wade and Adrian Lewis being dropped is no real surprise. They need a year to recover from injuries and sort their heads out

Michael Smith and Simon Whitlock picks are strange as both have had a poor PL record. Though I wouldn't know who to replace them with. The rest have pretty much picked themselves.

I think it could be a really interesting PL.

Again I respect Phil Taylors record. He brought darts to where it is today. But I can never respect him as a person and I really hope we dont see him on TV as a pundit

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16146 on: January 2, 2018, 09:31:50 am »
Wade and Adrian Lewis being dropped is no real surprise. They need a year to recover from injuries and sort their heads out

Michael Smith and Simon Whitlock picks are strange as both have had a poor PL record. Though I wouldn't know who to replace them with. The rest have pretty much picked themselves.

I think it could be a really interesting PL.

Again I respect Phil Taylors record. He brought darts to where it is today. But I can never respect him as a person and I really hope we dont see him on TV as a pundit

Van den Burgh, Van de Vaart, Jamie Lewis to name a few.

Think it was a mistake going with Whitlock for sure.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16147 on: January 2, 2018, 09:52:38 am »
Van den Burgh, Van de Vaart, Jamie Lewis to name a few.

Think it was a mistake going with Whitlock for sure.

Not sure that tournament was any more thsn a flash in the pan for for Jamie Lewis, Van der Voort has always blown hot & cold. I'd have liked to have see Van den Burgh get a go, youth champion & a strong showing against good opposition at the worlds, should have gotten a chance over Whitlock

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16148 on: January 2, 2018, 10:02:22 am »
Not sure that tournament was any more thsn a flash in the pan for for Jamie Lewis, Van der Voort has always blown hot & cold. I'd have liked to have see Van den Burgh get a go, youth champion & a strong showing against good opposition at the worlds, should have gotten a chance over Whitlock

Yeah we need to see Jamie Lewis do more.  Too early to tell if his stepped up.

Van der Voort is made for the Premier League.  Whenever the door has been opened for him he fails to do the business so misses out.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #16149 on: January 2, 2018, 10:16:38 am »
Bizarre Michael Smith gets selected but, Dave Chisnall doesn't get selected, Dave Chisnall, has had better Premier League tournaments, plus is in the top 10 in the Order Of Merit, Michael Smith is outside the top 10.
#Sausages

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16150 on: January 2, 2018, 11:51:32 am »
Gurney brings nothing n the way of entertainment to the game, a more boring twat on stage you wont see,

I can't agree with that, he is a bad bellend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jg5f1MqsgE

Bizarre Michael Smith gets selected but, Dave Chisnall doesn't get selected, Dave Chisnall, has had better Premier League tournaments, plus is in the top 10 in the Order Of Merit, Michael Smith is outside the top 10.

Chizzy has been shite for a while, I would say 50/50 between him and smith

Whitlock is a strange one for me though

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #16151 on: January 2, 2018, 12:41:06 pm »
I can't agree with that, he is a bad bellend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jg5f1MqsgE

Chizzy has been shite for a while, I would say 50/50 between him and smith

Whitlock is a strange one for me though

If pretending to throw the shoulder into Whitlock, makes for entertainment nowadays, im outta touch.

other than nodding his big fucking chinned head when his first dart goes into the 60, what emotions does he bring? Nothing, according to reports, he is a nice fellas OFF the board, bit while he is on the oche he just bores me senseless.Never smiles, never seems to get angry . reminds me  of Mike Gregory in a way "i always knew i had the talent, but im a boring twat on the oche, but i won so you must respect me"
JFT 96

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16152 on: January 2, 2018, 02:03:35 pm »
If pretending to throw the shoulder into Whitlock, makes for entertainment nowadays, im outta touch.

other than nodding his big fucking chinned head when his first dart goes into the 60, what emotions does he bring? Nothing, according to reports, he is a nice fellas OFF the board, bit while he is on the oche he just bores me senseless.Never smiles, never seems to get angry . reminds me  of Mike Gregory in a way "i always knew i had the talent, but im a boring twat on the oche, but i won so you must respect me"

Gurney has a reputation for being a bit of a knob when he is on stage, he isnt very well liked because of his antics on stage, what I sent there was just an example.

Compared to someone like whitlock who fits your description perfectly

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16153 on: January 2, 2018, 07:25:00 pm »
and?

You said

of course they should have, absolutely spot on

in reply to saying Taylor's conviction should have finished his career.

Yet when I show you an article where Gerwyn Price has a conviction, ( a more serious one than Taylor in the eyes of the law), for a violent assault which resulted in a broken jaw your response is "and ?"

Hypocritical much ?

By the way I don't like either of them as people from what I have seen.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #16154 on: January 2, 2018, 07:32:06 pm »
You said

in reply to saying Taylor's conviction should have finished his career.

Yet when I show you an article where Gerwyn Price has a conviction, ( a more serious one than Taylor in the eyes of the law), for a violent assault which resulted in a broken jaw your response is "and ?"

Hypocritical much ?

By the way I don't like either of them as people from what I have seen.
I wasn't aware of that with Gezzy but in my eyes indecent assault is worse than what he was convicted of, reading the article, the guy he was fighting got done for the same crime so sounds more like a fight to me, although not a very pleasant obe

Taylor though has made a very successful career following his conviction for sexual abuse of two females yet it's never mentioned by the Media and he's looked on as some kind of demi-god

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #16155 on: January 4, 2018, 04:16:20 am »

Offline electricghost

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16156 on: January 5, 2018, 05:03:07 pm »
RAWK Pub Darts Prediction League  Season 9     begins on FEB 1st  for the duration of the Darts Premier League competition.

New Players Welcome

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=337920.0
― Steven Weinberg

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16157 on: January 5, 2018, 11:32:52 pm »
RAWK Pub Darts Prediction League  Season 9     begins on FEB 1st  for the duration of the Darts Premier League competition.

New Players Welcome

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=337920.0

Bump...get in if you follow darts..

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16158 on: January 8, 2018, 08:52:41 pm »
Anyone watching got any links please. Thanks
bollocks

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16159 on: January 8, 2018, 09:14:22 pm »