32 (25.4%)
Murphy
4 (3.2%)
Robertson
27 (21.4%)
Allen
9 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Author Topic: The Snooker thread  (Read 657303 times)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Snooker thread
« Reply #9360 on: August 14, 2020, 09:58:00 pm »
Sensational snooker. Unbelievable
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #9361 on: August 14, 2020, 09:58:20 pm »
What a day of snooker

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #9362 on: August 14, 2020, 09:58:39 pm »
What a day of snooker!!  Both semis are up there for tension, some amazing potting & break building, safety play & some shots you thought you'd never see again.

Lets see what O'Sullivan has to say now!!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9363 on: August 14, 2020, 09:58:53 pm »
That final frame was good snooker.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #9364 on: August 14, 2020, 09:59:07 pm »
Yes!

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #9365 on: August 14, 2020, 09:59:31 pm »
Glad I took 4-1 on Ronnie winning it 17-16 4 frames ago  :)
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #9366 on: August 14, 2020, 09:59:52 pm »
Ronnie was dead and buried at 16-14, just smashing balls around and hoping for the best, his head seemingly not in it. Those last three frames were other wordly.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9367 on: August 14, 2020, 10:00:19 pm »
Ronnie has to be the best player ever.

What a day of snooker! Best day ever.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9368 on: August 14, 2020, 10:00:41 pm »
Fucks sake. How often do you go out for a couple of beers and come home to find 4 new pages in the fucking snooker thread.

I've sat through some absolute shite this week as well ;D

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #9369 on: August 14, 2020, 10:01:14 pm »
That final frame was good snooker.

It's cool to understate.
dios esta buena

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #9370 on: August 14, 2020, 10:01:27 pm »
Ronnie was dead and buried at 16-14, just smashing balls around and hoping for the best, his head seemingly not in it. Those last three frames were other wordly.

As I posted a little earlier. I think there is method in that and unsettling for Selby.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9371 on: August 14, 2020, 10:02:36 pm »
As I posted a little earlier. I think there is method in that and unsettling for Selby.

Naaah there’s no way doing that at 15-14 down on frame ball was a plan to unsettle Selby ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #9372 on: August 14, 2020, 10:03:54 pm »
Simply a genius.

And like many a genius, slightly mad.

What's up with the BBC coverage this year though? They switched to Gardener's World instead of this? Noticed the website barely updates as well.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9373 on: August 14, 2020, 10:04:21 pm »
He’s gone full Rafa here :lmao

‘As usual, I am focusing on cue action.’
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9374 on: August 14, 2020, 10:04:24 pm »

Maybe you're right although it didn't necessarily look that way to me at the time! ;D

Ronnie knows he can't beat Selby at his own game so might as well try to make Selby as uncomfortable as possible by mixing things up a bit.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #9375 on: August 14, 2020, 10:04:47 pm »
Naaah there’s no way doing that at 15-14 down on frame ball was a plan to unsettle Selby ;D

I think it started it a little earlier ? Maybe me just trying to find the method then!

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9376 on: August 14, 2020, 10:07:06 pm »
Selby ain't happy :-X

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #9377 on: August 14, 2020, 10:07:07 pm »
Selby is butt hurt here.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9378 on: August 14, 2020, 10:07:09 pm »
Salty Selby

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #9379 on: August 14, 2020, 10:07:48 pm »
selby bitter
dios esta buena

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #9380 on: August 14, 2020, 10:08:01 pm »
Bit sour grapes by Selby. Moaning about eyeline and disrespectful hit and hopes

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #9381 on: August 14, 2020, 10:08:12 pm »
Disrespectful? Nah. He's bell end but disrespectful for twatting the ball in difficult positions? Nah.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #9382 on: August 14, 2020, 10:08:43 pm »
Mad as a box of frogs, but arguably one of the greatest ever at any sport, and without question the greatest snooker player ever.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9383 on: August 14, 2020, 10:10:45 pm »
I would say a sleepless night for Selby but the man hasn't blinked since 1998.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9384 on: August 14, 2020, 10:11:13 pm »
his 138 simply amazing
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #9385 on: August 14, 2020, 10:13:18 pm »
Anyone hear the interview with Selby after the game? I’m no fan of O’Sullivan but that was some Everton level bitterness from Selby.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9386 on: August 14, 2020, 10:14:28 pm »
Maybe you're right although it didn't necessarily look that way to me at the time! ;D

Ronnie knows he can't beat Selby at his own game so might as well try to make Selby as uncomfortable as possible by mixing things up a bit.

Ronnie blaming it on the miss rule. Saying it's a painful and players just using it to add up points, so he would rather just try hit it then see what happens. If he loses the frame then he will try to beat him next frame.

However, I think he just didn't want Selby to think he can play his game.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #9387 on: August 14, 2020, 10:15:03 pm »
Funny interview with Ronnie on Europsport. Feels he needs to be more Djokovic, and hit the fairways more....

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9388 on: August 14, 2020, 10:15:32 pm »
Ronnie blaming it on the miss rule. Saying it's a painful and players just using it to add up points, so he would rather just try hit it then see what happens. If he loses the frame then he will try to beat him next frame.

However, I think he just didn't want Selby to think he can play his game.

he got inside Selby's head
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9389 on: August 14, 2020, 10:16:15 pm »
Haven't watched much Snooker since the 90s to be honest but found myself absolutely gripped by today's play, even the footy couldn't tempt me away.  The last frame of Wilson - McGill was unbelieveable,  and then those last 3 frames from Ronnie.. fabulous stuff

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9390 on: August 14, 2020, 10:18:32 pm »
Anyone hear the interview with Selby after the game? I’m no fan of O’Sullivan but that was some Everton level bitterness from Selby.

The irony was beautiful. He knows Ronnie loves to flow, so has spent the last 3 days looking to kill Ronnie's momentum.

Then Ronnie says fuck this for a game of soldiers I am going for everything. Then Selby accuses Ronnie of going against the spirit of the game.

Selby's problem was that he got provoked in to a game of potting.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9391 on: August 14, 2020, 10:22:15 pm »

What did he say ?

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #9392 on: August 14, 2020, 10:23:28 pm »
The irony was beautiful. He knows Ronnie loves to flow, so has spent the last 3 days looking to kill Ronnie's momentum.

Then Ronnie says fuck this for a game of soldiers I am going for everything. Then Selby accuses Ronnie of going against the spirit of the game.

Selby's problem was that he got provoked in to a game of potting.

Quite. Selby should be grateful to be earning handsomely from a sport he excels at, but does little to embellish. He’s the modern game’s Cliff Thorburn, and he (Thorburn), Griffiths and others were in danger of killing enjoyment of the game.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9393 on: August 14, 2020, 10:25:42 pm »
What did he say ?

Accused Ronnie of being disrespectful to Selby and snooker because he refused to try and play out of snookers properly. Selby tried to bog Ronnie down but Ronnie preferred to try and smash his way out of snookers instead of rolling up and giving Selby another chance to lay another snooker.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9394 on: August 14, 2020, 10:26:24 pm »
What did he say ?

He was on about how disrespectful Ronnie was ‘just smashing the ball whenever he was in a snooker‘ (he didn’t) and that he was stood in his eyeline at some point?

He just got outclassed. Ronnie looked like he’d given up at 15-14 to go 16-14 down and then reeled off three stunning frames including great safeties and escapes.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9396 on: August 14, 2020, 10:28:14 pm »
Not good form from Selby that. You get the feeling the 2 of them don't get on that kind of confirms it. Must admit, when Ronnie was 2 down he looked beaten, he did the right thing, getting out for a minute or 2, clear his head, knock in a 138. Genius

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9397 on: August 14, 2020, 10:29:02 pm »
He was on about how disrespectful Ronnie was ‘just smashing the ball whenever he was in a snooker‘ (he didn’t) and that he was stood in his eyeline at some point?

He just got outclassed. Ronnie looked like he’d given up at 15-14 to go 16-14 down and then reeled off three stunning frames including great safeties and escapes.

Ronnie scored 276 points without reply then next two frames after he tried to smash out of the snooker.

Selby is just gutted that anyone else would have crumbled.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9398 on: August 14, 2020, 10:30:25 pm »
Quite. Selby should be grateful to be earning handsomely from a sport he excels at, but does little to embellish. He’s the modern game’s Cliff Thorburn, and he (Thorburn), Griffiths and others were in danger of killing enjoyment of the game.

It takes all sorts.

If you take a football example the likes of Mourinho and his ilk have inadvertently created the ultra attacking coaches like Klopp and Ped.  Guardiola
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9399 on: August 14, 2020, 10:33:45 pm »
https://twitter.com/ThomasClay3/status/1294382094102265857?s=09

Cheers Barney, I was just looking for it on BBC couldn't find it. The snooker thing, that "disrespectful" shots of Ronnies should work in Selby's favour so that's not great to come out with.  The eye line thing, if that happened its poor from Ronnie.