32 (25.4%)
Murphy
4 (3.2%)
Robertson
27 (21.4%)
Allen
9 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Author Topic: The Snooker thread  (Read 655783 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Snooker thread
« Reply #9200 on: August 13, 2020, 10:31:03 pm »
McGill wins the last. He still in this now.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9201 on: August 13, 2020, 10:34:26 pm »
136  break too, gets McGill into the top 5 of the highest breaks of the WC.
#Sausages

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9202 on: August 13, 2020, 10:34:43 pm »
McGill looks quite strong mentally, I thought he would crumble once Wilson got ahead, that was a big frame fair play to him.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9203 on: August 13, 2020, 10:51:42 pm »
McGill looks quite strong mentally, I thought he would crumble once Wilson got ahead, that was a big frame fair play to him.

Still tough to call that match. Both never been in the final before and nerves will kick in.

The Selby V Ronnie is different and I think Ronnie needs to win the the morning session. He known missing that pink was massive.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9204 on: August 13, 2020, 11:31:41 pm »
Enjoyed that McGill/Wilson match earlier. Even the bit when McGill spent about 5 hours fiddling with the extensions and rests only to decide to play it left-handed ;D

Has McGill’s facial expression ever changed? He goes into a trance-like state in the chair, and then the only difference at the table is his eyes move a bit. I’m warming to him!

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9205 on: August 14, 2020, 08:02:17 am »
Enjoyed that McGill/Wilson match earlier. Even the bit when McGill spent about 5 hours fiddling with the extensions and rests only to decide to play it left-handed ;D

Has McGill’s facial expression ever changed? He goes into a trance-like state in the chair, and then the only difference at the table is his eyes move a bit. I’m warming to him!

Changed a bit when he was offering out Jamie Clarke to be fair ;D

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9206 on: August 14, 2020, 08:27:25 am »
Changed a bit when he was offering out Jamie Clarke to be fair ;D
:D true! Even then he was quite restrained though. Bit of a prick that Clarke lad.

Edit: actually that’s unfair of me. No idea whether he’s a prick or not. What I meant was he seemed like he was acting like one by standing in McGill’s eyeline. Only he knows if that was deliberate or just inexperience. Just felt out of order to me. Could be wrong.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 08:55:25 am by Red_Mist »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9207 on: August 14, 2020, 08:56:50 am »
:D true! Even then he was quite restrained though. Bit of a prick that Clarke lad.

Edit: actually that’s unfair of me. No idea whether he’s a prick or not. What I meant was he seemed like he was acting like one by standing in McGill’s eyeline. Only he knows if that was deliberate or just inexperience. Just felt out of order to me. Could be wrong.

He's been following up on Twitter apparently so I think you can stand by your initial assessment!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9208 on: August 14, 2020, 09:06:14 am »
He's been following up on Twitter apparently so I think you can stand by your initial assessment!
I saw the ‘dance’ tweet. That certainly doesn’t help his defense!

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9209 on: August 14, 2020, 11:49:13 am »
The luck is so with Selby this morning

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9210 on: August 14, 2020, 11:53:51 am »
The luck is so with Selby this morning

Even so, he's pretty much outplaying Ronnie in all departments.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9211 on: August 14, 2020, 11:59:40 am »
He doesn’t look particularly arsed, he’s had a few bad kicks but still played shit. Probably convinced himself that he’s being Selby’d even though he isn’t
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9212 on: August 14, 2020, 12:04:20 pm »
He doesn’t look particularly arsed, he’s had a few bad kicks but still played shit. Probably convinced himself that he’s being Selby’d even though he isn’t

Exactly. This hasn't been some long drawn out tactical battle that Selby thrives in. Ronnie's missed basic shots (by his standard) and his safety play has been poor too.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9213 on: August 14, 2020, 12:17:08 pm »
he might be playing as shite as he thinks he is for a change.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9214 on: August 14, 2020, 12:18:06 pm »
Deary me. Maybe wants to look at himself in terms of the standard being shit. Gets to a world semi and plays like this.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9215 on: August 14, 2020, 12:23:14 pm »

It's sums up Ronnie's game nowadays. He doesn't have the cue action or consistency for longer drawn out matches. He needs to get in and blitz people. The facts are that Ronnie hasn't made a final at the crucible since 2014.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9216 on: August 14, 2020, 12:30:14 pm »
Final is going to have record viewing numbers  ;D

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #9217 on: August 14, 2020, 12:30:55 pm »
Huge frame for Ronnie to win that. Needs the next one too you feel.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9218 on: August 14, 2020, 12:32:23 pm »
Selby looks like he sleeps with his eyes open.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9219 on: August 14, 2020, 12:32:58 pm »
Huge frame for Ronnie to win that. Needs the next one too you feel.

If he can go in just two behind the pressure will be on Selby.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9220 on: August 14, 2020, 12:34:27 pm »
I'd be interested to see Ronnie's percentage success on long pots. Atrocious.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9221 on: August 14, 2020, 12:34:42 pm »
Who was the ref telling to be quiet then? ;D

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9222 on: August 14, 2020, 12:41:43 pm »
That's more like it from Ronnie. We still have a match on our hands.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9223 on: August 14, 2020, 12:42:45 pm »
He’ll be buzzing his tits off to only be two down there

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9224 on: August 14, 2020, 12:47:49 pm »
I'd be interested to see Ronnie's percentage success on long pots. Atrocious.

It looks like he is cueing with an unintentional trace of side. He can just about get away with it when he is in amongst the balls though it makes his positional play more difficult. Long pots and long thin safety shots are almost impossible though. That is why he is pretty much going for everything and if he does need to play safe is looking to play thicker safety shots with lots of side.

When you consider how he is cueing it is a testament to his ability that the match is still in doubt.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9225 on: August 14, 2020, 12:52:13 pm »
Ronnie shot selection was risky at the highest level. He will be buzzing he is only 2 frames down but needs to get his head together for tonight.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #9226 on: August 14, 2020, 01:12:24 pm »
Mental he's only two behind playing that poorly, Selby will be kicking himself. Odds-on Ronnie blows him away this evening.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9227 on: August 14, 2020, 01:14:27 pm »
Selby isn’t playing particularly well either to be fair and has been lucky on quite a few occasions where Ronnie got a big kick or bad contact.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9228 on: August 14, 2020, 01:22:35 pm »
It's sums up Ronnie's game nowadays. He doesn't have the cue action or consistency for longer drawn out matches. He needs to get in and blitz people. The facts are that Ronnie hasn't made a final at the crucible since 2014.

Or even a semi until this year.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9229 on: August 14, 2020, 02:57:36 pm »
Ronnie shot selection was risky at the highest level. He will be buzzing he is only 2 frames down but needs to get his head together for tonight.

I think Ronnie has got no choice but to be aggressive tonight. His long game simply isn't there at the moment. If Selby keeps it at distance then Ronnie will get undone by the thin safety shots. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9230 on: August 14, 2020, 03:57:17 pm »
Very impressive 122 break from McGill to level the match. All to play for now.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9231 on: August 14, 2020, 04:23:50 pm »
Very impressive 122 break from McGill to level the match. All to play for now.

McGill looked like the likely winner, but that run of the balls could cost him this frame.  He's playing the better snooker, so hope he can just refocus and keep going.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9232 on: August 14, 2020, 04:48:56 pm »
Don't want to put the mockers on him, but McGill is looking really good now.  Wilson has gone to pieces this session.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9233 on: August 14, 2020, 05:30:42 pm »
If Hendry deliberately channeled Larry David then, he’s gone up echelons in my eyes

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #9234 on: August 14, 2020, 05:33:22 pm »
Don't want to put the mockers on him, but McGill is looking really good now.  Wilson has gone to pieces this session.

you were saying......
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9235 on: August 14, 2020, 05:34:21 pm »
If Hendry deliberately channeled Larry David then, he’s gone up echelons in my eyes

I heard that as well ;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9236 on: August 14, 2020, 05:35:38 pm »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9237 on: August 14, 2020, 05:37:50 pm »
Hopefully, McGill can come through.  The BBC studio seems to be all rooting for Wilson here.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9238 on: August 14, 2020, 05:42:29 pm »
Although whoever comes through in this will be the underdog for the final, quality wise this has been better than the other semi.

Online TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9239 on: August 14, 2020, 05:47:36 pm »
Awful luck to not be on any reds after that cannon. Very difficult safety now too.