Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 264812 times)

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fabio Aurelio
« Reply #1680 on: April 14, 2009, 11:12:33 pm »
Scored from 3 free kicks this season, all big goals.

Technically good going forward and linking up with the winger but tracking back has been a bit suspect though.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1681 on: April 14, 2009, 11:18:22 pm »
but tracking back has been a bit suspect though.
Tell me when this suspect defending happened

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1682 on: April 14, 2009, 11:19:28 pm »
Have you watched his last 2 performances?

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1683 on: April 14, 2009, 11:22:27 pm »
First game I understand but he didn't put a foot wrong apart from the unfortunate own goal. There is nothing else that could be said to be "suspect" in his performance.

Offline inq80

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1684 on: April 14, 2009, 11:23:49 pm »

edit: lampard just cruised past him for his second first - normally be annoyed about that but not surprised he didnt chase back as he must of been knackered.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 11:26:01 pm by inq80 »
If the internet and 24 sports coverage existed in 1968/69, Shankly would have got the sack.

Offline Keeno2003

• Kopite
« Reply #1685 on: April 14, 2009, 11:25:03 pm »
First game I understand but he didn't put a foot wrong apart from the unfortunate own goal. There is nothing else that could be said to be "suspect" in his performance.

Played well but should've tracked Lampard for their third, no doubt about it. His attacking prowess has served us well but unless he improves defensively in terms of being more consistend then I cant see him keeping Insua out of the team in the long run

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1686 on: April 14, 2009, 11:28:40 pm »
The free-kick he scored was incredibly cheeky and made Cech look like an absolute bell end

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1687 on: April 14, 2009, 11:29:35 pm »
Played well but should've tracked Lampard for their third, no doubt about it. His attacking prowess has served us well but unless he improves defensively in terms of being more consistend then I cant see him keeping Insua out of the team in the long run
Hmmm

Will have to watch the game again because I don't seem to recollect that.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1688 on: April 14, 2009, 11:29:54 pm »

Leaving Lampard unmarked and free on the edge of the six yard box.

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #1689 on: April 14, 2009, 11:44:07 pm »

All 3 of their open play goals for me.

The first Drogba one that Reina fucked up on - Aurelio could've cut off the cross. He had matched Anelka stride for stride, and then stuck a lazy foot out instead of getting stuck in. Maybe he was trying to avoid giving away a corner.

Their 3rd goal. The ball came out wide on the right side, giving Aurelio all the time in the world to track back. When the ball was played into Lampard on the edge of the 6 yard box, he was just beginning to jog back.

The 4th goal, on the throw in he did well to get the tackle in. Then once Xabi gave the ball away, the ball was played back to his flank. He was no where near the forward, who managed to ghost in and set up Lampard again.

I know some of the above his harsh criticism - but words don't do it justice. If you watch the goals again, you can really see a lack of determination when defending. Which is very disheartening considering his amazing work in the opposition half.
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline ArgImAPirate

• Legacy Fan
  • rat a tat tat
« Reply #1690 on: April 15, 2009, 12:09:29 am »
All 3 of their open play goals for me.

The first Dropba one that Reina fucked up on - Aurelio could've cut off the cross. He had matched Anelka stride for stride, and then stuck a lazy foot out instead of getting stuck in. Maybe he was trying to avoid giving away a corner.

Their 3rd goal. The ball came out wide on the right side, giving Aurelio all the time in the world to track back. When the ball was played into Lampard on the edge of the 6 yard box, he was just beginning to jog back.

The 4th goal, on the throw in he did well to get the tackle in. Then once Xabi gave the ball away, the ball was played back to his flank. He was no where near the forward, who managed to ghost in and set up Lampard again.

I know some of the above his harsh criticism - but words don't do it justice. If you watch the goals again, you can really see a lack of determination when defending. Which is very disheartening considering his amazing work in the opposition half.

The first goal he could have cut off the cross, but I can't blame him for letting the ball go past him. We shouldn't have conceded that goal. For the other goals, I think you should consider that we were throwing everything we had at them and Fabio was pushing up far and it isn't surprising that he'd been caught out a few times.

Considering the circumstances of the game, he played well and did his part to give us hope to go through.

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
« Reply #1691 on: April 15, 2009, 12:23:42 am »
Hmmm

Will have to watch the game again because I don't seem to recollect that.

You need to watch it again then. I was encouraging him on the first one, "cut the cross off. cut it off". Had Anelka covered but let him get the cross in. I do understand him maybe not wanting to give a corner away but surely it's better than a cross when you don't know what's behind you.
As for the third goal, he actually looks at Lampard when they are near the edge of the box together and then just watches him run into the space to WAIT for the Drogba pass.
Disappointing performance in both legs, however, his goal was sweeeeet. Great to see Chelsea and Chech concede one like that.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1692 on: April 15, 2009, 12:35:22 am »
Aurelio and Yossi had Anelka matched stride for stride for the first goal, that cross should never have got into the box. Similar to the own goal at Anfield last season when Mascherano and Arbeloa couldn't stop the cross despite it being 2v1. Little mistakes like that you wouldn't normally expect from us. That sort of focus we had in the first half, it just seemed to escape us after the break. Similar mistake with Xabi just giving the ball away with his left foot for the 3rd goal.

Still, his goal was a belter
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 12:38:29 am by Guz-kop »
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline rafa forever

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1693 on: April 15, 2009, 12:37:03 am »
Leaving Lampard unmarked and free on the edge of the six yard box.
Why should he have been on him? surely that is Carras or Skrtels job?
Trade count +17

Through the thick and thin.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1694 on: April 15, 2009, 12:39:09 am »
I'm not lying when I say this but I was screaming for Fabio to shoot from the free kick. I was shouting shoot for the free kick previous but it did seem a bit too far from the goal, but as soon as we got that second one I was literally screaming at the TV for Fabio to 'SHOOOOOOT!' Must have said it at least 5 times.

Actually couldn't fucking believe it that he did. Really wasn't expecting him to actually do it.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1695 on: April 15, 2009, 01:01:26 am »
i'm afraid he wasn't great defensively tonight - the 3rd goal his tracking was disgraceful

he's a strange one - world beater sometimes, car crash at others

Offline Marko B

• Legacy Fan
  • Ray Osbourne RIP
« Reply #1696 on: April 15, 2009, 01:13:03 am »
Bear in mind that for the late goals I am sure his instructions were to go forward rather than focussing on defence. He was positioning to receive should the attack break down.

First goal it seemed like he was trying to avoid giving the corner away, it seemed like there was a tactical decision made to avoid giving corners at all costs unless entirely necessary (just the feeling I got). As it turned out not making sure that ball didn't make it across at the expense of a corner turned out to be the wrong decision.
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
“I was not fighting for the power. I didn’t need more power. I was fighting for the future of the club.”

Offline B9

• Official Mandy Moore Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1697 on: April 15, 2009, 11:05:58 am »
He was good going forwards, but he really was sloppy in defence. Not just for some of the goals, but in general gave them too much space to run and failed to mark his man tightly enough far too often. Arbeloa was guilty of the same (how can malouda get in situations where he only has carragher to beat to be free on goal?).

He scored a great goal, but his performance was more one that was great for the game than great for us. Insua will be thinking this game will count in his favour for the leftback spot.

Offline LFCfan4Life

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1698 on: April 15, 2009, 11:40:02 am »
Why should he have been on him? surely that is Carras or Skrtels job?

its not. lampard was very close to aurelio when he started his jog into the box aurelio even looked at him over his shoulder twice - for this goal he really could have done alot better

the anelka cross was one of those things he could have cut off the cross if he put more into it but equally srktel could have if he dealt instead of allowing Dropba to make up two/three yards on his and get a touch to send it on its way towards goal.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:44:34 am by LFCfan4Life »
Two bulls, one old and one young, standing at the top of a field watching a herd of cows. The young one says, "hey let's run down and fuck one of them", and the older one says, "patience, let's walk down and fuck them all".

JUSTICE 4 THE 96.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1699 on: April 15, 2009, 11:57:31 am »
Thought Lampard's first was Aurellio's fault. Lost his man, allowing Lampard the space to stick the ball in the net.

In saying that, though, the circumstances of last night were much different to your 'normal' game of football. The fullbacks were naturally going to play farther up the pitch for the obvious reason that we needed three goals.

The goal was amazing and I thought his free-kicks in general were the best we've seen from any of our players this season, over the due course of 90 minutes.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1700 on: April 15, 2009, 12:08:52 pm »
Thanks for the truly amazing goal last night Fabio.  Was definitely the best point of the night for me!

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1701 on: April 15, 2009, 10:27:04 pm »
What a clever player

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1702 on: April 16, 2009, 05:39:39 pm »
i think defensively he is not quite good enough.
if we play 2 true holding players like masch and lucas one tends to be able to help him out like at the mancs.

i think insua in time will be able to cope without too much help from others and imo has already elavated himself to no 1 left back.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Bangers N Masch

• Legacy Fan
  • Backing Hodgson.
« Reply #1703 on: April 16, 2009, 05:53:35 pm »
I'd like to see him and Insua link up on the left together sometime to be honest. We've seen Riera and Insua link up well - surely Aurelio's increased creativity and intelligence would compliment Insua even more? Aurelio may not be able to beat a man as well as Riera but he could cross from deeper, and allow Insua to overlap more.

Just a thought that's all.
'Nights like the semi-final back in 2005 live long in the memory of anyone who witnessed it, never mind me as an opposition player. That night has always stuck in my head and given me the desire to one day play in a red shirt and help the club return to its former glory days.'

Muted for 12 days for calling Rafa fat.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1704 on: April 18, 2009, 10:50:54 am »
i think defensively he is not quite good enough.
if we play 2 true holding players like masch and lucas one tends to be able to help him out like at the mancs.

i think insua in time will be able to cope without too much help from others and imo has already elavated himself to no 1 left back.

Don't think he has any problems defensively when he is fully fit, you could see him tire drastically by the end of the Chelsea game and that obviously affected his game. He had no problems at Stamford Bridge earlier this season or at Old Trafford.

Insua is a great prospect but Fabio is our number one left back for now in Rafa's eyes and that's all that matters.

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #1705 on: April 18, 2009, 11:01:12 am »
He was most likely told to prioritise his attacking play in the second half at Chelsea. The fact that we went for an all-out attack was why we conceded four goals. The downside to this is that you tire quicker and perhaps cannot track back as fast. You are in a more advanced position and therefore your defensive play suffers.

It's not an inherent flaw. It's not a 'weakness' in his game. It's simply that, against Chelsea, our priority was to score. We had nothing to lose.
Blank.

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1706 on: April 18, 2009, 11:06:48 am »
We need him against Arsenal for freekicks and corners as it seems Gerrard is out. The goal at Stamford was marvelous, stay fit for the last 6 games! Hopefully Insua and Aurelio will take care of the left back position next season on their own.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1707 on: April 18, 2009, 11:40:46 am »
I'd like to see him and Insua link up on the left together sometime to be honest. We've seen Riera and Insua link up well - surely Aurelio's increased creativity and intelligence would compliment Insua even more? Aurelio may not be able to beat a man as well as Riera but he could cross from deeper, and allow Insua to overlap more.

Just a thought that's all.

I think the wonderful thing is how well Riera links with both of them. Which obviously allows us to play two different games against teams. It gives us two possibilities, no?
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #1708 on: April 18, 2009, 11:41:20 am »
I think the wonderful thing is how well Riera links with both of them. Which obviously allows us to play two different games against teams. It gives us two possibilities, no?

For sure.
Blank.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1709 on: April 18, 2009, 06:51:07 pm »
We need him against Arsenal for freekicks and corners as it seems Gerrard is out. The goal at Stamford was marvelous, stay fit for the last 6 games! Hopefully Insua and Aurelio will take care of the left back position next season on their own.

i sort of agree but aurelio can struggle with pace.
i would let insua have this game.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1710 on: April 18, 2009, 07:07:24 pm »
Anyone else would like to see Insua play at LB and Aurelio at LM against the Arse?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1711 on: April 18, 2009, 07:49:56 pm »

i think the links come from the ability of our full backs, as opposed to riera's qualities. personally i dont think riera helps his full back much at all, either with closing down, or with offering himself

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1712 on: April 18, 2009, 08:05:38 pm »
Surely his defending against chelsea was a fitness issue. 

Can't say he's shit at defending when he quieted both Robben and Ronaldo...back to back.  Could be any number of things, but I don't think physically he's up to par right now.

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1713 on: April 18, 2009, 08:07:07 pm »
Anyone else would like to see Insua play at LB and Aurelio at LM against the Arse?
yeah that would be absolutly fine by me.
i also think he needs his own chant! scored against the mancs and chelsea in the same season...both beauties!

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1714 on: April 18, 2009, 08:13:10 pm »
yeah that would be absolutly fine by me.
i also think he needs his own chant! scored against the mancs and chelsea in the same season...both beauties!

To the La Bamba song:

Fabio Aurelio

Fab Fab Fab Fabio Aurelio, Fab Fab Fab Fabio Aurelio
Scores against teh Ch.avs and Maaaaaancs
Fabio Aurelio, Faaabio Aurelio

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1715 on: April 18, 2009, 08:14:59 pm »
Surely his defending against chelsea was a fitness issue. 

Can't say he's shit at defending when he quieted both Robben and Ronaldo...back to back.  Could be any number of things, but I don't think physically he's up to par right now.

i dont think hes that bad at defending, i have more of an issue with how often he isoltaes our full back and doesnt make himself an easy target

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1716 on: April 18, 2009, 08:52:26 pm »
To the La Bamba song:

Fabio Aurelio

Ever try singing that in my presence and I will knock you straight the fuck out.

Offline Keeno2003

• Kopite
« Reply #1717 on: April 18, 2009, 09:00:20 pm »
Ever try singing that in my presence and I will knock you straight the fuck out.

seconded

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1718 on: April 18, 2009, 09:00:24 pm »

Offline Number23

• Kopite
Re:
« Reply #1719 on: April 18, 2009, 09:23:45 pm »
Fabio plays well against tricky wingers like Ronaldo and Robben. Against the pure pace of Walcott I'm on the fence. But on the other hand, seeing him and Albert taking on Eboue just leaves my month watering! Hope we see him and Riera on the left on Tuesday. If bloody Malouda can have the freedom of Arsenal's right, we should have no problems. (Also, Walcott can't cross  to save his life)
Death by football [Rodgers] said. Well and truly achieved. Now please leave.