Author Topic: Football fashion/post yer trainees  (Read 2079534 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Football fashion/post yer trainees
« Reply #16200 on: September 3, 2021, 07:20:35 pm »
Oh no DeFacto, what have you done?

;D Gotta take a risk here and there

Offline Cletus vanDamme

• Main Stander
« Reply #16201 on: September 3, 2021, 10:54:29 pm »
I really wanted them Colagno,still upsets me I didn’t get them at the time.

I missed out on the grey Hochelaga SPZL in 2016, but scored a pair of once-worn last week from eBay. Gorgeous trainies, in great nick and at a reasonable price for a sought-after size 12 😬

Offline Cletus vanDamme

• Main Stander
« Reply #16202 on: September 4, 2021, 12:09:04 am »
I missed out on the grey Hochelaga SPZL in 2016, but scored a pair of once-worn last week from eBay. Gorgeous trainies, in great nick and at a reasonable price for a sought-after size 12 😬

Would have posted a pic but can’t even though I got one down to below 200kb

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16203 on: September 10, 2021, 12:52:29 am »
TRX mcvicars coming out soon, with a mesh finish in the nice cw. I'll definitely be all over them, hopefully rattler will post a photo, I'm brutal at posting pics here.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #16204 on: September 10, 2021, 10:25:02 am »
I fully expect to get torn to shreds on this, but there is so much of trainer fashion that I just don't get.

Like, I get that Air Forces just look nice and clean, are pretty low key in terms of detailing so have a "smart" edge to them...but for the price I wouldn't risk wearing them out of the house for fear they'd get knacked!

Vans, Converse and so on are great for comfort, but high tops (if you have clown feet like me) are a bastard to get on/off - that said, the more pump style ones in a Converse, or Old Skools and similar seem like just normal shoes - easy one, comfortable, fairly durable.

So maybe I get it to some degree but here are the bits I don't get:

1) Why it is such a big deal - I'd swear I've read posts on Rawk and elsewhere about how sambas are the best thing every but that it is almost wrong to have certain other ones (see also the North Face etc debate)

2) What is with the revival of Fila and brands like that? And what is with the mega chunky design that everyone wants? Seems like they are about 3 inches to your height and have gone on a 2 month fast food bender/been crossed the the Nolan Batmobile to have all these extra bits on them and the sole

3) Saw someone posted some grey trainers up the page. They look nice but they also look most like they should be for walking in the countryside due to the extra grip soles.

Maybe I'm just starting to get old but I often think with fashion that I have never really "got it" so if anyone can enlighten me to the appeal, some of the history, that would be great.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16205 on: September 10, 2021, 12:07:12 pm »
Why dont you just wear what you like?

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16206 on: September 10, 2021, 12:44:32 pm »
Why dont you just wear what you like?

I do - I'm just trying to understand the culture around it a bit better

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16207 on: September 10, 2021, 01:04:36 pm »
im into my trabbs mate but it is a loadsa bollocks really eh all the snobbery etc and what you said aboot the samba is spot on. Fucking horrible trainers.

Most of the Adidas posted in here were the ones mancs were wearing in the 70s n eighties n the chunkier ones like the trim trabbs were the ones the lads round ours were wearing. We’d call most of the ones in here peado pumps cos they were basically just shite n ya woolyback pe teacher would have them on

I think old Adidas are shit nowadays to be honest and I loved them years ago but they ain’t dated well but ya know, opinions an all that …arseholes, everyone’s got one etc

Pretty sure I've just learned about 7 new words here!

I know some people who have shoe collections - which according to them the value could easily get the deposit of a house - and it just doesn't stack up for me. Think part of it was that my family are very "anti brand" and don't do spending a lot on clothes so I have never really had that influence or interest. Like why spend Ł100 on a shirt just to have some bell playing polo on it when I can get a perfectly good one, made from the same material, but plain for half or less?

This isn't to say that you shouldn't, but the value people put in to being seen in certain brands just seems weird.

I do realise as I type this that I have gone full Grampa Simpson shouting at clouds

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #16208 on: September 10, 2021, 01:09:16 pm »
Pretty sure I've just learned about 7 new words here!

I know some people who have shoe collections - which according to them the value could easily get the deposit of a house - and it just doesn't stack up for me. Think part of it was that my family are very "anti brand" and don't do spending a lot on clothes so I have never really had that influence or interest. Like why spend Ł100 on a shirt just to have some bell playing polo on it when I can get a perfectly good one, made from the same material, but plain for half or less?

This isn't to say that you shouldn't, but the value people put in to being seen in certain brands just seems weird.

I do realise as I type this that I have gone full Grampa Simpson shouting at clouds
haha “That’s a paddlin”  ;D

I have some trainers I bought just to keep and not wear. Reason being they were rare / collectibles so some of them made me a few quid. I do the same with records and Star Wars stuff.

I get ya mate, I do  ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 01:11:25 pm by Capon Debaser »

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16209 on: September 10, 2021, 01:14:24 pm »
haha “That’s a paddlin”  ;D

I have some trainers I bought just to keep and not wear. Reason being they were rare / collectibles so they made me a few quid. I do the same with records and Star Wars stuff.

I get ya mate, I do  ;)

Records and Star Wars stuff make so much more sense to me as being collectibles due to the greater scheme of things around them. Like there is the lore of SW - I was in Crawley not long ago and ended up in a comicbook shop and saw a Grand Admiral Thrawn figurine which, because he was such an epic character in the Legends/EU and because one of my mates has a decent collection I couldn't not buy it for him to add to it.

With music, you can go and see them live, maybe even meet them, it feels like there is a human element.

Maybe this is just something that you just get or you don't?

Have remembered the one time I had a shoe craving though - the year was 2004 and the Geoff Rowley Vans that were out at the time were fucking quality. I think though that the fact I used to skateboard then, plus him being for Liverpool, was why I cared more about getting those than just getting myself any old pair that would do for what i needed.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16210 on: September 10, 2021, 01:20:35 pm »
The Stan Smiths have dated well in my opinion. You can make a case for the Gazelle’s, just about. But things like Samba‘s, Superstars havent.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16211 on: September 10, 2021, 01:23:45 pm »
I do - I'm just trying to understand the culture around it a bit better

Part of links to an association, be it to a place, a person, a group etc. and that doesnt just mean a famous person. A lot of fashion culture associated itself not with a celebrity but a group and time and that carries significance.

Sometimes people dont get that specific culture and its fine, they are not supposed to.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #16212 on: September 10, 2021, 01:24:10 pm »
The Stan Smiths have dated well in my opinion. You can make a case for the Gazelle’s, just about. But things like Samba‘s, Superstars havent.
i do like my Superstars but  know what ya mean though. But saying that, I’ve always thought Stan smiths were ugly

Comin in ere calling my superstars ugly, well your shoes are too

*runs off crying*

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16213 on: September 10, 2021, 01:27:51 pm »
I've always thought Adidas trabs are shite to be honest. Never understood all these weirdo adidas trab collectors.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16214 on: September 10, 2021, 01:32:19 pm »
Part of links to an association, be it to a place, a person, a group etc. and that doesnt just mean a famous person. A lot of fashion culture associated itself not with a celebrity but a group and time and that carries significance.

Sometimes people dont get that specific culture and its fine, they are not supposed to.

This is what I'm trying to learn about is the development of these associations.

As I say, I have mates who are in to it and I know people who collect and modify shoes almost like an art collection and that makes sense.

As someone who always saw shoes as functional more than anything I never had the association or exposure to it when younger but that doesn't mean without some context I wouldn't find the appreciation and maybe start to get into it myself - certainly when I see a nice pair of shoes/trainers I can appreciate them.

You can only "get" a culture if you have exposure to it though, can't you?

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #16215 on: September 10, 2021, 01:35:53 pm »
I've always thought Adidas trabs are shite to be honest. Never understood all these weirdo adidas trab collectors.
haha yup. When I was younger I’d have been impressed. But when I was younger I was an absolute fucking dickhead

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #16216 on: September 10, 2021, 01:37:56 pm »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16217 on: September 10, 2021, 02:57:45 pm »

Same here. The only thing that makes Adidas relevant today in terms of shoes, are the Yeezey's [even though some of the newer ones are absolute disgusting]

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16218 on: September 10, 2021, 03:00:07 pm »
Same here. The only thing that makes Adidas relevant today in terms of shoes, are the Yeezey's [even though some of the newer ones are absolute disgusting]

I like the ones they did with Prada recently.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #16219 on: September 10, 2021, 03:02:04 pm »
ordered myself some more air max 90, this time from stockx. not used them before and fucking hell it's a slow process.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16220 on: September 10, 2021, 03:04:26 pm »
I fully expect to get torn to shreds on this, but there is so much of trainer fashion that I just don't get.

Like, I get that Air Forces just look nice and clean, are pretty low key in terms of detailing so have a "smart" edge to them...but for the price I wouldn't risk wearing them out of the house for fear they'd get knacked!

Vans, Converse and so on are great for comfort, but high tops (if you have clown feet like me) are a bastard to get on/off - that said, the more pump style ones in a Converse, or Old Skools and similar seem like just normal shoes - easy one, comfortable, fairly durable.

So maybe I get it to some degree but here are the bits I don't get:

1) Why it is such a big deal - I'd swear I've read posts on Rawk and elsewhere about how sambas are the best thing every but that it is almost wrong to have certain other ones (see also the North Face etc debate)

2) What is with the revival of Fila and brands like that? And what is with the mega chunky design that everyone wants? Seems like they are about 3 inches to your height and have gone on a 2 month fast food bender/been crossed the the Nolan Batmobile to have all these extra bits on them and the sole

3) Saw someone posted some grey trainers up the page. They look nice but they also look most like they should be for walking in the countryside due to the extra grip soles.

Maybe I'm just starting to get old but I often think with fashion that I have never really "got it" so if anyone can enlighten me to the appeal, some of the history, that would be great.

I understand where you're coming from, even though I don't necessarily agree with all of it. The one thing I do agree, are the chunky sneakers from fashion designers [Balenciaga's for instance], which drive me mental when I see them, as they look horrible.

Some of the sneakers are associated with regions of a country, or just one particular part of the world, and some are just popular everywhere especially since the globalization of today's world and the internet connecting everyone. For instance from my neck of the woods, Air Max 90's [95's and 96s] have been the shoe for the past 30 years, a lot of it is to do with the time, who it was associated with, whether it be in street culture or in the entertainment industry, and it's still like that today.

Its similar to how our traveling lot would wear tracksuits on away trips whilst we were playing all over Europe.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16221 on: September 10, 2021, 03:05:16 pm »
ordered myself some more air max 90, this time from stockx. not used them before and fucking hell it's a slow process.

Which colorway did you get?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16222 on: September 10, 2021, 03:06:07 pm »

Yep, they have to go to a middle person (Stockx) to check that they are real.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #16223 on: September 10, 2021, 03:13:13 pm »
Should start a non Adidas thread on here.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16224 on: September 11, 2021, 01:14:20 am »
I understand where you're coming from, even though I don't necessarily agree with all of it. The one thing I do agree, are the chunky sneakers from fashion designers [Balenciaga's for instance], which drive me mental when I see them, as they look horrible.

Some of the sneakers are associated with regions of a country, or just one particular part of the world, and some are just popular everywhere especially since the globalization of today's world and the internet connecting everyone. For instance from my neck of the woods, Air Max 90's [95's and 96s] have been the shoe for the past 30 years, a lot of it is to do with the time, who it was associated with, whether it be in street culture or in the entertainment industry, and it's still like that today.

Its similar to how our traveling lot would wear tracksuits on away trips whilst we were playing all over Europe.

Fair - I think a lot of my lack of understanding comes from only finding an appreciation of them when I was I'm my 20s whereas I assume most get into this stuff from a younger age (could be wrong).

As I say, the lack of exposure to the culture historically means I don't really know the connections although the more I think about it, it is no different to me wearing check shirts all the time because it fits the music scene I grew up in.

Strangely, I kind of "get it" more in the US for example where they seem (from my knowledge) to have a greater culture around it - Jordans being the obvious thing.

Probably an argument that I've had greater exposure to US style "culture" through music and that so, even with growing up in Liverpool, I have fuck all idea other than a few bits picked up here about the subculture and connections within the city and arguably within the UK as a whole.

I do find it really interesting though so will try and take onboard what I can.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #16225 on: September 13, 2021, 07:47:31 pm »
Should start a non Adidas thread on here.

Why?

Spoiler
(last two pairs I bought were Adidas - a pair of Blue Dragons and a pair of Orange Busenitz)

[close]
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #16226 on: September 14, 2021, 11:24:29 am »
Why?

Spoiler
(last two pairs I bought were Adidas - a pair of Blue Dragons and a pair of Orange Busenitz)

[close]
For none Adidas trainers ya chuffin plant pot  ;D

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16227 on: September 14, 2021, 01:13:53 pm »
just got these for the gym
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16228 on: September 14, 2021, 01:20:09 pm »

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16229 on: September 14, 2021, 01:24:47 pm »
For none Adidas trainers ya chuffin plant pot  ;D

;D  :-*

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16230 on: September 14, 2021, 02:36:04 pm »
Need to find these somewhere

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16231 on: September 14, 2021, 02:57:42 pm »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 03:00:05 pm by CheshireDave »
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16232 on: September 14, 2021, 03:03:32 pm »
Yup just found its a Womans only release. Bummer

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16233 on: September 14, 2021, 03:38:40 pm »

Well Woman up and buy a pair in a larger size so you can wear them. Nobody will call you out for cross-dressing, promise.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #16234 on: September 14, 2021, 04:04:01 pm »
defacto wears girls shoes, pass it on
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16235 on: September 14, 2021, 04:11:47 pm »
Well Woman up and buy a pair in a larger size so you can wear them. Nobody will call you out for cross-dressing, promise.

Sound advice  ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16236 on: September 14, 2021, 04:31:27 pm »

It's OK, we don't want them, you men can claim them :P
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16237 on: September 14, 2021, 04:33:52 pm »
Please let Nike know :D

I guess I'll have to settle for this once they're out

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16238 on: September 14, 2021, 05:52:55 pm »
Do they come in men's ?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16239 on: September 14, 2021, 06:17:04 pm »
Do they come in men's ?

they come in Capon's.