Author Topic: The Office AKA The UK Office - 'The Good One' - If you don't like it, piss off  (Read 87375 times)

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
"Little too rock and roll for ya , each their own , each their own".
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
Just rewatched all of this, probably my favourite thing ever made, just fucking incredible, still can't keep the tears away when Dawn walks back into the office for Tim in The Christmas special.

Anyone that's never seen this should buy it, and if they don't then they are fags.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Myshkin

• Kopite

Offline OldCold

• Lock 'em all up! A spell in the army would do 'em all good! Police State? Yes please! Has bookmarked the Daily Mail's editorial.
  • Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
Hot love on a hot love highway !
OldCold has merked so many people over the last 5 hours. Awesome.
OldCold you are an enigma.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In the car before, "If you don't know me by now" came on the radio, and I immediately thought of the brilliant Brent version ;D

Offline uber96

• Main Stander
I WAS A LEETLE BEET DRUNK!!!

Offline uber96

• Main Stander
Brent: "Did noooooo get an agenda..."

Jennifer: "What?"

Brent: Did not get an agenda, no."

God i haven't seen this in ages, so funny.  Going to have to watch them all again.

"Pound for pound, there's more sugar in a lemon than a strawberry."

HAHAHA when Neil asks him what make his jacket is, says its Sergio Georgini.

I could be on here all day.

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
“Neil makes me laugh though, because, you know, it’s his interfering, it’s his timing. Going on about he wants some report doing-it’s red nose day, you know. Ooh, what’s more important, you Neil, with your report, or some starving children? Ooh I don't know. Ooh what would Lenny Henry say? I think we know-imagine him going out of the door on comic relief day and Dawn French is going ‘Where you going, you haven’t done the washing up. You haven’t put the rubbish out.’ ‘Do it yourself I’ve gotta save some Africans!’.”

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
HAHAHA when Neil asks him what make his jacket is, says its Sergio Georgini.

one of the top scenes in the show for me. You can see him begging to be asked who the designer is, and doing everything he can to make it look like he's not out to impress anyone, when clearly he is. Fantastic.

Best scene of all has to be when the IT guy is fixing Gareth's computer though. Genius
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan

Best scene of all has to be when the IT guy is fixing Gareth's computer though. Genius
I agree, lost count of how many times I've watched it on youtube.

"Oh, gone off Dawn now, have you?"

Offline uber96

• Main Stander
Have you seen that same IT fella in Garth Mahrenghi's Dark Place?  So funny, such an under-rated show.

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News

Hot love on a hot love highway !

Anybody seen this remix?

Came across it years ago and still has only like 20k views..... Outrageous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVxjUar1qlM
« Last Edit: November 9, 2010, 01:22:21 am by DanFromMars »
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Alonso

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Watched the first few episodes of the first series last night, haven't watched them in years. Couldn't stop laughing at certain parts. I love it when he pretends to make Dawn redundant and only tells her it's a joke when she breaks down in tears ;D

Then there's all the Gareth jokes... "Gareth, being an army man, would you be able to take a man from behind, you know, if you feel threatened?"

"Easily. Yeah."

I know I may not have quoted that exactly right but it's something along those lines :p

I'm watching through all the episodes, but the moment I'm looking forward to the most is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOwXkSODdZ0

I was in tears when I first watched that.

Offline Reddave7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
“Neil makes me laugh though, because, you know, it’s his interfering, it’s his timing. Going on about he wants some report doing-it’s red nose day, you know. Ooh, what’s more important, you Neil, with your report, or some starving children? Ooh I don't know. Ooh what would Lenny Henry say? I think we know-imagine him going out of the door on comic relief day and Dawn French is going ‘Where you going, you haven’t done the washing up. You haven’t put the rubbish out.’ ‘Do it yourself I’ve gotta save some Africans!’.”

RAWK Premier League Prediction Champion 08, 09
RAWK European Prediction Cup Champion 09/10

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
Season 2 revisited recently.

“My world does not end within these four walls, Slough’s a big place. And when I’ve finished with Slough, there’s Reading, Aldershot, Bracknell, you know I’ve got to — Didcot, Yateley. You know. My — Winnersh, Taplow. Because I am my own boss, I can — Burghfield…” —David Brent
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Reading some of these posts is quality.
Love the man, love the work, love The Office.

Genius.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

“My world does not end within these four walls, Slough’s a big place. And when I’ve finished with Slough, there’s Reading, Aldershot, Bracknell, you know I’ve got to — Didcot, Yateley. You know. My — Winnersh, Taplow. Because I am my own boss, I can — Burghfield…” —David Brent

I always chuckle when I here the station announcer saying that the train is calling at X,Y, Z…Winnersh.

I might have to make a pilgrimage there one day to see whether Brent ever conquered it.

Oh, and seeing as I’m in here I should quote something:

GARETH KEENAN INVETIGATES

Offline RogerSmith

• Main Stander
  • Oh, great. I've got a bear claw in my ass
I'd bloody love her to be widowed.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Such a good actor for the part

Fucking love it when he sprays deodorant in Dawn's face and sucks his stomach in when the woman comes in ;D

Offline Robbie the Rooster

• Boys Pen
Great show. The more you watch it the more you discover bits not havent noticed before. Anyone remember the part where Brent is handing out his business cards before he leaves,and no one is interested..he goes to give the card to Keith who is at the.photocopier,who steps backwards and onto his toe,Brent makes out as if to punch him. Those little bits really reflect real life, and that's what  makes it so brilliant.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I'd bloody love her to be widowed.

Look at her... Look at those!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
If you were to ask me to name three geniuses, I probably wouldn't say Einstein, Newton .... yeah? I'd go Milligan, Cleese, Everett...Sessions.

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline RogerSmith

• Main Stander
  • Oh, great. I've got a bear claw in my ass
Work of genius, whether you like Ricky or not.

And he wears gerlarsses!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Yes, I've had office romances. Not here. At another place I worked at. Good-looking ones, as well. But they're not a good idea, office romances. It's like shitting on your own doorstep. I've had loads of offers here, but I go "No way, distracting". And that's actually one of the major arguments against letting gay men into the army. And I haven't got a problem with that, right? A gay man's not gonna put me off, I can look after myself. But if you're in battle is he gonna be looking at the enemy or at me, going "Ooh... he looks tasty in his uniform"?

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PJ5lHwVVcv0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PJ5lHwVVcv0</a>

:D
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PJ5lHwVVcv0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PJ5lHwVVcv0</a>

:D
That's possibly one of the best things I've ever seen on Youtube.

I've just finished watching this after watching the American series first. There's definitely more stand out moments in the UK version and the ending was great. Both Ricky and Steve Carell are excellent in their own right as the regional managers although I was sad when he left more than anything because I knew it would go down the toilet after that.

Anyway do doo do do do do, do doo do do do do
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
Very good that.

Offline Dowling10

• Busted
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scousers rule the country.
"What's a goblin then?"...."How long you gonna be mate?"

Genius programme.

Offline Chavvie

• Legacy Fan

Living in Reading and working in Bracknell as I do, that quote always makes me laugh. Such average towns brought to national attention :)

So how would you satisfy a woman, Keith?
I would calmly whisper in her ear that I will guarantee an orgasm

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's coming back. Mini episode for Comic Relief, set 10 years after the series.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Get in there! Was hoping the old cast would all appear but looks like it's just Brent.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
Teaser for the return of Brent.  :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjmfGE1R5lQ?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fjmfGE1R5lQ?fs=1</a>

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
Really looking forward to this, Should be funny.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
should of done a duet with brendan
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan

New online sketch series with David Brent...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DFt-HaBezgs#!" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DFt-HaBezgs#!</a>

With 'Equality Street' and now this, the nostalgic in me is hoping Gervais is testing the water here with a view to another series which I'd love - I think that David Brent and The Office have got more life in them yet.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I wonder how Merchant feels about these experiments with Brent.

Feels like he's had very little imput (to me at least). Cant help but get the feeling the working relationship between the two is on the wane.