Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3478836 times)

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #47120 on: January 12, 2021, 10:39:26 am »
Why did the fellah even bother turning up for a scan if it's a hoax? What's he expecting ? Fake meds?

Thought it was something else causing his problems. Only got into the conversation with him when he was asking why he's being kept away from other patients. Couldnt tell him what he had but just had to say anyone with breathing problems with whats happening needs to keep out the way. Then he told me its a hoax.

Big thing thats getting on my nerves at the minute is people videoing empty A&E waiting rooms. But they don't realise that's minor injuries and people aren't going there like they did with 6 month back pain anymore cos they are scared. Then all the actual sick ones are behind the scenes in majors or resus, which you cant just get into. Been like that for years, people moaning why they arent being seen to if there no one in the waiting room but they don't see all the sick on trolleys and ambulances queuing because they don't get access to it, which rightly takes the doctors attention as medical emergencies
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:44:32 am by macca007 »

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #47121 on: January 12, 2021, 10:44:58 am »
But if they try to enforce it, they run the risk of getting a kicking or worse from the little bastards.

I understand that, but what's the answer, we let the little fuckers win, they are breaking the law and there are lives at risk here.

No doubt these kids will bring their parents to the shop as well to kick off on one anybody that dared tell them off.

This is the big problem in our society in all walks of life today, we are too simply to soft on tackling the little shits for fear of the backlash.

This pandemic has highlighted this issue more than ever.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:56:38 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #47122 on: January 12, 2021, 10:53:07 am »
Why did the fellah even bother turning up for a scan if it's a hoax? What's he expecting ? Fake meds?
Turned up because he felt ill, but was not going to be told to self isolate no siree!
Should have given him a pack of blue smarties and sent him on his way, except he would infect some poor sod.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #47123 on: January 12, 2021, 10:59:01 am »
I understand that, but what's the answer, we let the little fuckers win, they are breaking the law and their are lives at risk here.

No doubt these kids will bring their parents to the shop as well to kick off on one anybody that dared tell them off.

This is the big problem in our society in all walks of life today, we are too simply to soft on tackling the little shits for fear of the backlash.

A lot of parents want to be their children’s friends.
Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that.
Giving in to every tantrum simple reinforces the behaviour until they are repeating it in adulthood.
Think about the kids when you were at school who used to get their dad to come in and try to thump the teacher.
“No one tells my child off...”

And there’s your problem.

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #47124 on: January 12, 2021, 11:12:34 am »
But if they try to enforce it, they run the risk of getting a kicking or worse from the little bastards.

There's plenty of door staff out of work at the minute, they need to be put on the supermarket doors and enforce the face mask rule and stop groups of people going in together, it shouldn't be up to the store staff who work there.

I've seen it at my local sainsbury's where a family all went in together, the lady working at sainsbury's who controls when you can go in said to them we're asking people to shop alone.  The family gave her a gob full  :o  One of the parents could easily have sat in the car with the kids, or better still stayed at home!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47125 on: January 12, 2021, 11:14:42 am »
A lot of parents want to be their children’s friends.
Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that.
Giving in to every tantrum simple reinforces the behaviour until they are repeating it in adulthood.
Think about the kids when you were at school who used to get their dad to come in and try to thump the teacher.
“No one tells my child off...”

And there’s your problem.

I knew one of these, at 19 some Scottish gangster tried to decapitate him with a machete.

I understand that, but what's the answer, we let the little fuckers win, they are breaking the law and there are lives at risk here.

What do the shop staff do though? Call the Police? They're stretched as it is after years of cuts by the Tory c*nts. All the major Supermarkets make billions in profits, they should have employed security staff from the off to deal with this, you cannot expect shop staff to deal with it.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47126 on: January 12, 2021, 11:18:22 am »

I was in Clinton's before Christmas and the lady on the til refused to serve somebody because they weren't wearing a mask.  I only caught the end of it but by then it had become a stand-off with the customer refusing to put a mask on or leave and the lady on the til refusing to serve her.

The manager came out from the storage area and... opened another til, served the customer and then went back into the storage area without saying a word to the staff member.  I got the distinct impression it wasn't the first time that scenario had played out.

The only thing I can say in defence of the manager is that it was the pragmatic solution to get the idiot out of the shop.  I wish he'd shown a back-bone though and supported his member of staff.  I don't know whether the police would have the resource or inclination to make a visit because of it but I'd expect for most people the threat alone would be enough.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 11:19:57 am by thaddeus »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47127 on: January 12, 2021, 11:34:36 am »
I'm finding this and other examples of people not wearing masks strange.

Where I live over 99% of people are wearing masks in shops and an increasing number in the streets.

This is the case where I live too.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #47128 on: January 12, 2021, 11:35:35 am »
The solution is simple. If you don`t have a mask you cannot enter any building other than your own home. I know this may preclude a very limited number of people, but the % of those people who should be shielding will be very high.

I have had one experience of someone claiming they are exempt. I am someone who cannot keep my gob shut if I see someone openly breaking the rules and putting others at risk. I was in my local "little" sainsburys and 2 young lads walked in - you can imagine the gear. One of them had no mask on. I asked him to put his mask on and he replied "I got COPD mate". He quite clearly didn`t.

I am sorry, but the time has come for a carte blanche catch all rule. If you don`t have a mask you cannot enter. Simple as that.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #47129 on: January 12, 2021, 11:43:26 am »
What do the shop staff do though? Call the Police? They're stretched as it is after years of cuts by the Tory c*nts. All the major Supermarkets make billions in profits, they should have employed security staff from the off to deal with this, you cannot expect shop staff to deal with it.

How about a Community Cop on the door, surely that would act as some sort of the deterrent.

The security staff on Supermarket doors are trained to deal with shoplifters and trouble makers etc, so is asking someone to put a mask on, or check the validly of why they aren't wearing one too much anyway?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #47130 on: January 12, 2021, 11:45:02 am »
if they have got asthma you would think they would be one of the first people to wear a mask. I know people with COPD who wear a mask over their oxygen flow and most people I know with asthma wear a mask.  Let's be honest, there are loads of tossers that try it on with the anxiety line too.

Fuck me I'd be more anxious about catching the fucking virus than wearing a mask for a short period of time.

All the people I know with asthma or other breathing problems wear a mask without question or difficulty.

But there are several subsets of people-types who will look for any reason not to comply.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47131 on: January 12, 2021, 11:51:52 am »
How about a Community Cop on the door, surely that would act as some sort of the deterrent.

The security staff on Supermarket doors are trained to deal with shoplifters and trouble makers etc, so is asking someone to put a mask on, or check the validly of why they aren't wearing one too much anyway?

I've seen people laugh in the face of community police and tell them to fuck off.

If security staff are employed then yes, they should be doing this. However, the supermarkets don't employ security at all stores, which I personally feel they should have been mandated to by the Govt or they would be prevented from opening. Locally to me Aldi, Quality save, Home Bargains, Co-op, Tesco and B&M don't have security and most of the staff are young kids or older women, its not right to expect them to challenge.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #47132 on: January 12, 2021, 12:03:10 pm »
I've seen people laugh in the face of community police and tell them to fuck off.

If security staff are employed then yes, they should be doing this. However, the supermarkets don't employ security at all stores, which I personally feel they should have been mandated to by the Govt or they would be prevented from opening. Locally to me Aldi, Quality save, Home Bargains, Co-op, Tesco and B&M don't have security and most of the staff are young kids or older women, its not right to expect them to challenge.

Yes, agree about the stores who don't have trained security on the door, it shouldn't be left to others to enforce the law.

As for the Community Officers, I know they get zero respect in most cases, but surely, in or out of uniform they shouldn't accept being told to 'fuck off' by anybody. If they do, I think they are in the wrong job, volunteers or not.

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47133 on: January 12, 2021, 12:08:44 pm »
If you have a medical exemption card that says you cannot wear a mask, then a visor should be the alternative. I’m even happy for those exempted by their doctor to get visors free. No face covering, no shop.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #47134 on: January 12, 2021, 12:08:51 pm »
Anyone had Covid themselves, and able to share how long it's taken their sense of smell & taste to return?

I received notification of contact last Tuesday (instructing 5 days isolation), received & took a test on Wednesday, received the positive result on Saturday, and think I've accurately traced symptoms back to last Monday (very mild cold symptoms and aching torso & legs).  My sense of smell disappeared at some point on Saturday and - daft as it sounds - I'm not quite sure if my sense of taste has gone or not (whether it's dulled because of my lack of smell to accompany it, or whether I'm imagining I can taste because of my familiarity with the foods/drinks!).

The mild cold symptoms have pretty much gone as of today, which is the 8th days since they arrived.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #47135 on: January 12, 2021, 12:41:38 pm »
Anyone had Covid themselves, and able to share how long it's taken their sense of smell & taste to return?

I received notification of contact last Tuesday (instructing 5 days isolation), received & took a test on Wednesday, received the positive result on Saturday, and think I've accurately traced symptoms back to last Monday (very mild cold symptoms and aching torso & legs).  My sense of smell disappeared at some point on Saturday and - daft as it sounds - I'm not quite sure if my sense of taste has gone or not (whether it's dulled because of my lack of smell to accompany it, or whether I'm imagining I can taste because of my familiarity with the foods/drinks!).

The mild cold symptoms have pretty much gone as of today, which is the 8th days since they arrived.

It varies hugely, I know someone who got it back within a day or 2, another friend got it back after about 8 months (not ideal for him as he ran a wine shop!).

Generally seems to be towards the shorter end of that timeline for most people though!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #47136 on: January 12, 2021, 12:42:35 pm »
maybe only one non-mask wearer in the shop at a time.  A register kept at the shop with GP letter as 'proof' , those on the register can book a slot. Draconian I know.
I wonder if those with 'exemptions' have them listed on their life insurance?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47137 on: January 12, 2021, 12:55:54 pm »
If you have a medical exemption card that says you cannot wear a mask, then a visor should be the alternative. I’m even happy for those exempted by their doctor to get visors free. No face covering, no shop.

Loads are just printing them off cos they've seen they can get round the rules. Like I said my missus seen a patient in her gp practice that had the card and had no medical reason not to wear one.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #47138 on: January 12, 2021, 01:00:59 pm »
Zoe app showing drop in numbers as well recently, hopefully past the worst of it

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #47139 on: January 12, 2021, 01:18:29 pm »
Same in my local Asda in Anfield (horrible shop anyway) I see lots of gangs of young lads and girls, none of them wearing masks. The problem in this Country is that the people who have the right to enforce their authority often lack the balls to do so, anything for a quiet life etc.

Masks are mandatory ...end of fuckin story, wear one or you're not allowed in the shop.

And then you get rags like the Mail and the Telegraph ranting on about 'over zealous enforcement'.

The people who lack tye balls are Johnson etc who won't take a hard line so that makes it difficult for those tasked with enforcement to actually enforce.

Anyway fines are a nonsense, should be jail for those organising commercial parties, raves etc for starters.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #47140 on: January 12, 2021, 01:21:51 pm »
And then you get rags like the Mail and the Telegraph ranting on about 'over zealous enforcement'.

The people who lack tye balls are Johnson etc who won't take a hard line so that makes it difficult for those tasked with enforcement to actually enforce.

Anyway fines are a nonsense, should be jail for those organising commercial parties, raves etc for starters.

and then they wonder why this shit is still around
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47141 on: January 12, 2021, 01:24:07 pm »
The solution is simple. If you don`t have a mask you cannot enter any building other than your own home. I know this may preclude a very limited number of people, but the % of those people who should be shielding will be very high.

I have had one experience of someone claiming they are exempt. I am someone who cannot keep my gob shut if I see someone openly breaking the rules and putting others at risk. I was in my local "little" sainsburys and 2 young lads walked in - you can imagine the gear. One of them had no mask on. I asked him to put his mask on and he replied "I got COPD mate". He quite clearly didn`t.

I am sorry, but the time has come for a carte blanche catch all rule. If you don`t have a mask you cannot enter. Simple as that.
this absolutely, if someone has health issues that mean they can't wear a mask then they shouldn't be going outside their door as they should be shielding. It's about time we stopped namby pambying around and start enforcing the rules.

If it requires a new law to force people to wear them then let's get on and enable it
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47142 on: January 12, 2021, 01:28:25 pm »
Same in my local Asda in Anfield (horrible shop anyway) I see lots of gangs of young lads and girls, none of them wearing masks. The problem in this Country is that the people who have the right to enforce their authority often lack the balls to do so, anything for a quiet life etc.

Masks are mandatory ...end of fuckin story, wear one or you're not allowed in the shop.
if shops start enforcing this then word will get round and idiots will either stop going to the shop or they will knuckle down and wear a mask for the brief period of time they are in the shop.
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47143 on: January 12, 2021, 02:27:40 pm »
if shops start enforcing this then word will get round and idiots will either stop going to the shop or they will knuckle down and wear a mask for the brief period of time they are in the shop.

Just been the shops, Sainsburys now have a hard looking Security guard stood at the entrance and he was telling people to put masks on/wear them properly. Surprise surprise, no one refused
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47144 on: January 12, 2021, 02:29:50 pm »

I had it the back end of September and still have no sense of smell. My taste was dulled for a week or so but came back fine. I'm kind of used to not having the sense of smell now though. More bad smells in the world than good.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47145 on: January 12, 2021, 02:33:39 pm »
I'm kind of used to not having the sense of smell now though. More bad smells in the world than good.

I’ve not had a sense of smell for pretty much my whole life (certainly as long as I can remember) and it’s never been an issue for me. That is except for this last twelve months when it’s been a recognised COVID symptom, every time I have a coughing fit or a headache I think “Can’t smell either, there’s two symptoms already!”

Offline viewing only

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47146 on: January 12, 2021, 02:38:17 pm »
Another 140,000 vaccines administered yesterday. We need to double that to meet the Government's target but I think that it is achievable, we just need to keep it going.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #47147 on: January 12, 2021, 02:41:39 pm »
Another 140,000 vaccines administered yesterday. We need to double that to meet the Government's target but I think that it is achievable, we just need to keep it going.

And that was the first day of the mass vaccination centres being open. It will be ramped up from there. I agree it is achievable subject to supply
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #47148 on: January 12, 2021, 03:06:04 pm »
Just took Mum for hers.  All very well organised, took around 30 mins or so.  So relieved.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47149 on: January 12, 2021, 03:06:41 pm »
Just took Mum for hers.  All very well organised, took around 30 mins or so.  So relieved.

Excellent :thumbup
Jurgen YNWA

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #47150 on: January 12, 2021, 03:13:36 pm »

It took about a week for my sense of taste and smell to return

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #47151 on: January 12, 2021, 03:23:12 pm »

That’s good. Sorry for asking because it’s one of those things I should know, but how long before it starts working fully? I know it’s lockdown anyway so rules apply but can you see any more of her than you already do?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47152 on: January 12, 2021, 03:30:59 pm »
That’s good. Sorry for asking because it’s one of those things I should know, but how long before it starts working fully? I know it’s lockdown anyway so rules apply but can you see any more of her than you already do?

For it to "work fully" (the way the trials went) you need a second dose, and then about three more weeks.

If you only had the first dose, also about three weeks, with gradually increasing chance of immunity.

Unfortunately its entirely possible to get sick with covid if you catch it a day or so after (or even a day before) the vaccination.

It's really important to keep being careful.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47153 on: January 12, 2021, 03:31:30 pm »

28 days after the 1st jab should have it fully working.  Most important thing is to be careful for another week or two as it does very little until then.

the 2nd jab extends the duration of protection but I'd suggest being cautious for another month is sensible (obviously being mindful of others after this period).  Bet she's itching to worry less about it though!

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47154 on: January 12, 2021, 03:31:46 pm »

So pleased for you and your mum, Millie.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #47155 on: January 12, 2021, 03:36:43 pm »

Well she hasn't had the second one yet so we are going to be acting exactly the same for now.  I live with her, I am her carer.  As for anyone else we are waiting for the second jab.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47156 on: January 12, 2021, 03:42:52 pm »
Well she hasn't had the second one yet so we are going to be acting exactly the same for now.  I live with her, I am her carer.  As for anyone else we are waiting for the second jab.

Will she get the second jab in 21 days or is she looking at 12 weeks?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #47157 on: January 12, 2021, 03:44:32 pm »
Will she get the second jab in 21 days or is she looking at 12 weeks?

We were told 11 to 12 weeks  :(

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47158 on: January 12, 2021, 03:51:40 pm »
We were told 11 to 12 weeks  :(

Thats a long wait. The good thing is though, that the Pfzier is 89% efficacy beyond 15 days and the AZ is 73% beyond 22 days. The Flu jab only gives 52%, so as each day passes the risk is getting lower and lower.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47159 on: January 12, 2021, 03:56:49 pm »

Ignoring the responsibility to their customers....

Supermarkets have a legal responsibility to their employees to make sure it’s a safe working environment.

If that means they need security to tell people they aren’t coming in without a mask then they should be employing security. If they won’t they shouldn’t be allowed to open.