Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2933699 times)

Online G Richards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Reply #30360 on: May 2, 2024, 06:36:10 pm »
for those who want him gone or don't care either way - which current player will provide his goals / assists next season?

I think we have to think in terms of the group. So, add up the goals and assists of the group of strikers this season, including Mo's contribution.

Then replace Mo with a new striker in summer (if he goes, there will be another coming in).

Now, compare the goals and assists of this season's group with Mo, to next season's group with the new player; and then we will see if we are better off or worse off.

Edit:
Just want to be clear that if we keep Mo, fine, he's a good player! But we are at the stage where it is a legitimate question what the best option is. Mo holds the cards as he has a contract and will do what he wants to do.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2024, 06:43:34 pm by G Richards »

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #30361 on: May 2, 2024, 09:03:18 pm »
for those who want him gone or don't care either way - which current player will provide his goals / assists next season?
I dont know, but Im sceptical that he will be able to provide similar numbers another season.
So we kind of have to replace him anyway.

This is not a discussion of whether we should keep peak Salah or not, but whether we think we should keep the future Salah or not.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30362 on: May 2, 2024, 09:48:44 pm »
on the other hand, if Mo's dip in form is a similar situation to Virgil's -  taking a long while to get back to his peak after a really bad injury - we could see a much more productive season from him next year.

keep him for another season and then decide, is my view.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30363 on: May 2, 2024, 10:14:16 pm »
Just saw what Souness had to say about him. The man sure does love peddling agendas no matter how many times they’re disproven.

Online Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #30364 on: May 2, 2024, 10:19:58 pm »
on the other hand, if Mo's dip in form is a similar situation to Virgil's -  taking a long while to get back to his peak after a really bad injury - we could see a much more productive season from him next year.

keep him for another season and then decide, is my view.

Not been bothered with the discussion on this thread, but are you really comparing the two injuries?! :o

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30365 on: May 2, 2024, 10:33:38 pm »
Not been bothered with the discussion on this thread, but are you really comparing the two injuries?! :o
I'm comparing the length of time to fully recover i.e. back to peak form not just able to play.  why?

Online G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30366 on: May 2, 2024, 11:10:22 pm »
If Mo stays I think he will do very well next season. Hopefully we get him to sign an extension to preserve some transfer value, as otherwise we will be watching £X million walk out the door on a free in the summer of 2025.

Still, in a way that doesn’t concern me. I’m a fan, enjoying the mighty reds - and Mo Salah is certainly one of those. I’m not an executive at the club trying to balance the books or generate income.

Online Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #30367 on: May 2, 2024, 11:30:35 pm »
I'm comparing the length of time to fully recover i.e. back to peak form not just able to play.  why?

One was injured for 254 days and missed 57 matches (club and country), the other missed less than six weeks - 10 games. How on earth would the time to fully recover be comparable?

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30368 on: May 2, 2024, 11:40:24 pm »
One was injured for 254 days and missed 57 matches (club and country), the other missed less than six weeks - 10 games. How on earth would the time to fully recover be comparable?
I said the situation is similar, not the same - i.e. each taking longer to get back to peak than was anticipated, after a bad injury.

I didn't say they'd both take the same length of time.

different players react and recover differently when they are injured.  maybe Mo's problem was / is worse than anyone anticipated.

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #30369 on: May 2, 2024, 11:59:43 pm »
Just saw what Souness had to say about him. The man sure does love peddling agendas no matter how many times they’re disproven.

The one man wrecking ball did more damage to this club than any manager since relegation under Don Welsh in 1954.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30370 on: May 3, 2024, 01:55:53 am »
It’s really odd how quickly the media have latched onto this (albeit expected) and there are now talk shows on his attitude. 

When you’ve watched every game he’s played in for the last 7 years, you know the ’selfish’ tag really doesn’t fit at all, especially compared with some of the other bellends in the league (Bruno Fernandes and the likes).

In reality, Salah has been involved in basically 0 negative incidents with anyone from within the club or elsewhere, despite being hacked at weekly. Never showed anything but humility; never been involved in riling up opposition crowds or players - has never had a controversial interview and barely talks to the press (unlike Souness). His attitude and demeanour are admirable.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #30371 on: May 3, 2024, 02:42:16 am »
The one man wrecking ball did more damage to this club than any manager since relegation under Don Welsh in 1954.

Souness likes to peddle the narrative he tried to change too much to quick at Liverpool but he sold players back then I’m convinced could have given a proper lash at the league that season. Some of them nearly won it with Villa…
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #30372 on: May 3, 2024, 02:52:39 am »
It’s really odd how quickly the media have latched onto this (albeit expected) and there are now talk shows on his attitude. 

When you’ve watched every game he’s played in for the last 7 years, you know the ’selfish’ tag really doesn’t fit at all, especially compared with some of the other bellends in the league (Bruno Fernandes and the likes).

In reality, Salah has been involved in basically 0 negative incidents with anyone from within the club or elsewhere, despite being hacked at weekly. Never showed anything but humility; never been involved in riling up opposition crowds or players - has never had a controversial interview and barely talks to the press (unlike Souness). His attitude and demeanour are admirable.

There was some mad stuff in this thread, so unsurprising the loons in the media are rattling on about the sideline incident. Mo has been a real professional in his time with us, in every sense. Sometimes I wonder if the people who talk about these incidents ever actually kicked a ball. Two strong personalities clash on sideline, we’ve all seen a lot of it playing at a shit level never mind the top level. It’s across all team sports. With Jurgen leaving the media and other loons can build a big narrative around it.

No way for me Mo deserves any abuse from our supporters. There’s been a dip in form after an injury but as a Liverpool Player these past 7 years he’s one of our club legends. We didn’t win what we did without him in that team. I also believe there’s more to come from him. Different but more.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #30373 on: May 3, 2024, 08:01:45 am »

He always had a hard time with the press and the refs:
https://anfieldindex.com/55072/mohamed-salah-not-enough-free-kicks.html

Important to note that this is totally not racist

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #30374 on: May 3, 2024, 08:26:19 am »
The fuck Souness???!!!

"Salah is the most selfish player I have ever witnessed. Even prior to that game, whenever Klopp takes him off, he is never happy about it".

"I believe Mohamed Salah is off and leaving Liverpool".

-- Graeme Souness --

Fucking hell he really said that in interview!!!
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #30375 on: May 3, 2024, 08:28:39 am »
Souness is making it up

One spat and his card is marked, poor Mo

I hate the social media comments. "Sell him" "Get him to leave Liverpool"

these shallow dickheads the media of course included just smell a story and their IQs are too low to appreciate life is much larger and bigger than their copy pasted Football E-opinions

I DON'T WANT PLAYERS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT BEING TAKEN OFF
WHY WOULD YOU BE HAPPY ABOUT NOT PLAYING FOR LIVERPOOL

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30376 on: May 3, 2024, 08:30:44 am »
Souness has always said Salah is selfish, the incident last week to him just justifies that opinion.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #30377 on: May 3, 2024, 08:34:15 am »
Souness has always said Salah is selfish, the incident last week to him just justifies that opinion.
I thought Souness is always being our fan and always being nice to us? Eerrrgghhh.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30378 on: May 3, 2024, 08:36:33 am »
Salah is selfish, every world class forward in history was selfish..

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30379 on: May 3, 2024, 08:45:22 am »

But is he the most selfish footballer you've ever seen? His assist record alone debunks that ridiculous notion.

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #30380 on: May 3, 2024, 08:54:56 am »
Starting to look like an oulfella?

Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30381 on: May 3, 2024, 09:04:08 am »
I thought Souness is always being our fan and always being nice to us? Eerrrgghhh.

To be fair to Souness, he's generally quite fair about us. He just has a bee in his bonnet about Salah being selfish for some reason.

I don't think he's any more selfish than any other striker though, he just gets criticised for it a lot more.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30382 on: May 3, 2024, 09:05:52 am »
But is he the most selfish footballer you've ever seen? His assist record alone debunks that ridiculous notion.

No they are all incredibly selfish but over the last few years Salah has evolved into a great assists machine.

I want my forwards to be selfish, I want them to have the arrogant swagger of taking on shots knowing they will score.

I don't think he's any more selfish than any other striker though, he just gets criticised for it a lot more.

Certainly a case of racism on certain levels with Salah.

"Harry dribbler Kane was "clever" on winning that penalty"
"Mo Salah diving again trying to cheat the ref"

Exact same scenarios
« Last Edit: May 3, 2024, 09:07:32 am by Draex »

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30383 on: May 3, 2024, 09:56:01 am »
When he was younger, he was a bit selfish at times (Firmino also talked about in his book) but as he's gotten older, he's more willing to pass instead of shooting.

I don't see what's strange about a goalscorer being selfish but he's definitely not the most selfish.  Ronaldo exists.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #30384 on: May 3, 2024, 10:02:46 am »

He's way way less selfish
Literally racks up double digit open play assists every season here and, now Messi is on his holidays, he's probably the best passing forward on the planet
For the nerds - 0.43 xA / 90 in the league this season.. that's literally almost a goal every other game created by his passing - roughly De Bruyne's average

Souness is one of the best 5 players to ever play for the club.. he's also a fucking horrendous pundit
« Last Edit: May 3, 2024, 10:07:18 am by JackWard33 »

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #30385 on: May 3, 2024, 10:09:35 am »

I also noted it.

I think it's down to a few reasons:

1. Salah is a Liverpool player.
2. People love seeing us struggle and in-fight.
3. Salah is foreign - there is an element/veneer/angle of subtle racism here.

And to top it off I think Salah is the type of 'foreign' that is the perfect mix to rile prejudiced people up, i.e. he's Arab and Muslim and doesn't have the strongest English.

I honestly think that if Klopp was Arab/Muslim and Salah was the Engerlund captain (Kane!), then we'd see it turned the other way, i.e. Klopp has been way too harsh with Salah...

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30386 on: May 3, 2024, 10:09:45 am »
Literally racks up double digit open play assists every season here and, now Messi is on his holidays, he's probably the best passing forward on the planet
For the nerds - 0.43 xA / 90 in the league this season.. that's literally almost a goal every other game created by his passing - roughly De Bruyne's average

Souness is one of the best 5 players to ever play for the club.. he's also a fucking horrendous pundit

You're not keeping up with this thread, we've been told that
He doesn't see the pictures, have the close control or see the pass let alone be able to execute it.

So I don't know where this 'best passing forward on the planet' silliness comes from. I know there's literally no forward with better creative passing numbers than Salah but RAWK has spoken.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #30387 on: May 3, 2024, 10:23:57 am »

That just proves he's so selfish that he wants to top the assists table and be top goal scorer ;)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30388 on: May 3, 2024, 10:28:48 am »
I dont know, but Im sceptical that he will be able to provide similar numbers another season.

Why do people think this when he hasn't dipped yet... I mean he will at some point and I'm not against selling older players - but it hasn't happened yet
I get the 'he hasn't done goals lately' thing but his output is up this season over last... and I'm suspect that his performance is down anything like as much post AFCON as people are suggesting
« Last Edit: May 3, 2024, 10:32:06 am by JackWard33 »

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #30389 on: May 3, 2024, 10:33:21 am »

3. Salah is foreign - there is an element/veneer/angle of subtle racism here.

And to top it off I think Salah is the type of 'foreign' that is the perfect mix to rile prejudiced people up, i.e. he's Arab and Muslim and doesn't have the strongest English.

I honestly think that if Klopp was Arab/Muslim and Salah was the Engerlund captain (Kane!), then we'd see it turned the other way, i.e. Klopp has been way too harsh with Salah...

And the award to the biggest load of bollocks I've read on RAWK goes to.....
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30390 on: May 3, 2024, 10:33:22 am »

Yeah this is nothing new from Souness.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #30391 on: May 3, 2024, 10:46:04 am »
Why do people think this when he hasn't dipped yet... I mean he will at some point and I'm not against selling older players - but it hasn't happened yet
I get the 'he hasn't done goals lately' thing but his output is up this season over last... and I'm suspect that his performance is down anything like as much post AFCON as people are suggesting

I think there are a few reasons why he may not post those kinds of numbers again. Klopp has created a pretty niche role for Salah this season. He is almost playing as a wide-inverted playmaker but with very little defensive responsibility. It is almost a wide 10 role.

Firstly will Slot continue with a role that leaves us exposed in the right back area. Secondly if he does will Salah be able to press the way Slot's forwards do and still provide those kind of numbers.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30392 on: May 3, 2024, 12:19:40 pm »
I think there are a few reasons why he may not post those kinds of numbers again. Klopp has created a pretty niche role for Salah this season. He is almost playing as a wide-inverted playmaker but with very little defensive responsibility. It is almost a wide 10 role.

Firstly will Slot continue with a role that leaves us exposed in the right back area. Secondly if he does will Salah be able to press the way Slot's forwards do and still provide those kind of numbers.

Yeah that's a fair point.. the amount of minutes Salah can play at his level, rather than his level is probably more of a worry in future years

The balance between forwards pressing and forwards producing is an interesting one in modern football - I don't think there are any very high producing forwards that also press well/a lot .. or at least very few

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30393 on: May 3, 2024, 12:52:43 pm »
Think there are plenty who have/are willing to write him off for his form since his return from injury. Dunno what his injury record was like before he came here but guessing his recent lay off could've been the longest ever for him. I'm therefore not surprised it's taking him as long as it is to get back up to speed.

Is he as composed as he usually is? No.
Is his decision making as good as it normally is? Probably not - seems to be taking every chance 1st time rather than picking and choosing when to take further touches.
Has his 1st touch been as good as it normally is? No. Seems to be struggling to trap a ball just now.
Does that mean he's done at the top level and on the decline? Not for me. I'm fully expecting he'll regain all of these traits that make him the player he is soon enough. With only 3 games left it might not come until next season now but I have no doubts whatsoever he still has at least another couple of good years ahead of him.

Wasn't so long ago the boss was saying Mo has the body/fitness of a player 10 years his junior. We've all seen how ripped he is and how well he looks after himself.

I just think there's a lot of frustration in there about lots of things like the boss leaving, being out for as long as he was, struggling to regain his previous form, being desperate to win something in the boss' final season and seeing opportunities in the FA Cup, EL and the league slip away and having not played in the EFL Cup Final so not feeling like he contributed to that. All (or in part) probably manifested itself in what happened on the touchline last weekend added to the fact that he'd have wanted to get on earlier to affect the game.

I hope he stays and shows those that are writing him off that he's a good while away from that yet.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #30394 on: May 3, 2024, 12:57:20 pm »
I think the trend is pointing downwards. His pressing and off the ball movement has dropped to a point where it is an issue for the team.

Of course the injury plays a part here, but I dont think that's a good argument for keeping him. One of the reasons that he has been so productive is that he has been able to play so much. It's extremely rare to have such an explosive and abused player being so reliable.
This injury worries me in that maybe he wont be so injury free in the future, and he will spend much more time recovering. It's a tough game.

But of course this is all speculations, and maybe he will remain productive like Lewandowski or Robben.

The little fight with Klopp doesnt concern me much though

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #30395 on: May 3, 2024, 01:06:26 pm »
Think there are plenty who have/are willing to write him off for his form since his return from injury. Dunno what his injury record was like before he came here but guessing his recent lay off could've been the longest ever for him. I'm therefore not surprised it's taking him as long as it is to get back up to speed.

Is he as composed as he usually is? No.
Is his decision making as good as it normally is? Probably not - seems to be taking every chance 1st time rather than picking and choosing when to take further touches.
Has his 1st touch been as good as it normally is? No. Seems to be struggling to trap a ball just now.
Does that mean he's done at the top level and on the decline? Not for me. I'm fully expecting he'll regain all of these traits that make him the player he is soon enough. With only 3 games left it might not come until next season now but I have no doubts whatsoever he still has at least another couple of good years ahead of him.

Wasn't so long ago the boss was saying Mo has the body/fitness of a player 10 years his junior. We've all seen how ripped he is and how well he looks after himself.

I just think there's a lot of frustration in there about lots of things like the boss leaving, being out for as long as he was, struggling to regain his previous form, being desperate to win something in the boss' final season and seeing opportunities in the FA Cup, EL and the league slip away and having not played in the EFL Cup Final so not feeling like he contributed to that. All (or in part) probably manifested itself in what happened on the touchline last weekend added to the fact that he'd have wanted to get on earlier to affect the game.

I hope he stays and shows those that are writing him off that he's a good while away from that yet.

Where would you play him in a really high intensity Slot team though?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
« Reply #30396 on: May 3, 2024, 01:16:40 pm »
Souness likes to peddle the narrative he tried to change too much to quick at Liverpool but he sold players back then I’m convinced could have given a proper lash at the league that season. Some of them nearly won it with Villa…

Three of them, and they stuck four past us.

It's been said many times before, but we got badly burnt by thinking what he did at Rangers (where he also had massive spending to make it even easier) meant he could do that where it was hard.

I know hes a club legend for his playing days (seen plenty of footage of full games of him and do concur he would be the captain in an all time club XI), but nobody in my lifetime supporting the club did more damage on the field.

McManaman, who after a very promising first full season which culminated in the cup win, went missing for the next 18 months as his confidence was shot. He was one of the players who suffered badly under him. When mr toxicity left, the cloud lifted, and McManaman started to flourish again. Mark Wright was the other major player who was rejuvenated when he left.

Souness was Moyes before Moyes (at United). Destroyed the aura the club had built up, two decade long plus records came tumbling ("first loss to X at home since man set foot on the moon"). We went into games like QPR away as underdogs, and an away win (a whole 3 in his last full season) was a major achievement. Beating Liverpool, while still a big scalp due to the name, was no longer what it was (likewise United under Moysie).

What Souness really highlighted is the personality of a coach is massive, in that can he connect with the players? Is he loved (or respected) by the players? He failed on that score.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30397 on: May 3, 2024, 01:37:08 pm »
He is not likely to do so granted, but would some of the people umming and arghing be swayed by him retiring from international football?

I cant get my head around selling a goalgetter that may wish to stay at club. if he is playing silly buggers with contract, get rid, but otherwise you have to find a way to accommodate him.

Offline jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #30398 on: May 3, 2024, 01:43:19 pm »
He is not likely to do so granted, but would some of the people umming and arghing be swayed by him retiring from international football?

I cant get my head around selling a goalgetter that may wish to stay at club. if he is playing silly buggers with contract, get rid, but otherwise you have to find a way to accommodate him.
I dont think he will retire from international football. The one thing he hasnt won yet is a title with Egypt. For his friends and family, winning AFCON would be bigger than anything he has won with us.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30399 on: May 3, 2024, 01:45:54 pm »
Where would you play him in a really high intensity Slot team though?

More through the middle as a 9 or a 10 maybe. With the current forwards - Nunez left and Luis right.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?