Author Topic: International Watch  (Read 288675 times)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: International Watch
« Reply #2720 on: March 22, 2024, 09:14:14 pm »
This business of Arsenal pulled this player out or City pulled this one out. I don't really care to be honest. Klopp always said he won't stop players playing for their country, and if I was in their position nothing would stop me playing for my country.
A lot of the players we sign, not by accident, are decent people with a bit of passion and bit of fire in them so don't act surprised that they want to go and play international football. A lot of players City sign are not and we know what they are.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2721 on: March 22, 2024, 09:19:09 pm »
2nd Gakpo assist. Gini scores
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2722 on: March 22, 2024, 09:19:41 pm »
This business of Arsenal pulled this player out or City pulled this one out. I don't really care to be honest. Klopp always said he won't stop players playing for their country, and if I was in their position nothing would stop me playing for my country.
A lot of the players we sign, not by accident, are decent people with a bit of passion and bit of fire in them so don't act surprised that they want to go and play international football. A lot of players City sign are not and we know what they are.

c*nts?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2723 on: March 22, 2024, 09:25:26 pm »
c*nts?

Exactly  :)
Asking Bernardo Silva to miss an international match for a few quid and asking Luiz Diaz the same thing would be met with 2 very different responses I would imagine

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #2724 on: March 22, 2024, 09:42:10 pm »
Think I bought a house through them once.
:lmao
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #2725 on: March 22, 2024, 09:42:35 pm »
Koumas bagged the winner for Wales U21s

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2726 on: March 22, 2024, 09:45:10 pm »
Sounds as though Bradley had another fine night.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #2727 on: March 22, 2024, 09:49:22 pm »
Koumas bagged the winner for Wales U21s
Cracking finish, that.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2728 on: March 22, 2024, 10:22:42 pm »
good penalty by sobo

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2729 on: March 22, 2024, 10:26:01 pm »
Heywood-Bellis & Wood

No, me neither

It really is crazy some of the decisions they make.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2730 on: March 22, 2024, 10:30:55 pm »
diaz with an assist for columbia

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2731 on: March 22, 2024, 10:38:57 pm »
Virg and Robbo did 90 mins
Cody 82

dunno about Lucho, Dom and Conor ..... ?

Offline Irishred1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2732 on: March 22, 2024, 10:46:43 pm »
All 3 did 90 mins

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2733 on: March 22, 2024, 10:47:20 pm »

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2734 on: March 22, 2024, 10:52:57 pm »

Thanks Slaphead. The whole “Why don’t we cheat and lie like the cheating liars” thing misses the point of who we are.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2735 on: March 22, 2024, 11:31:03 pm »

Luis Diaz with an assist for a quality goal for the Colombian national team vs Spain:-

https://v.redd.it/7ar5vx0nkypc1 & https://twitter.com/tekkersfoot/status/1771294657403585013
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2736 on: March 23, 2024, 03:04:47 am »
Virg and Robbo did 90 mins
Cody 82

dunno about Lucho, Dom and Conor ..... ?

All played a lot - Mac Allister thankfully only got 20 or so

Hopefully the rest get rested for the 2nd game since they are meaningless but doubt it

Positives are we have no one playing on the Wednesday and we play Sunday. Plus most of the games were in Europe, Colombia playing in England and Spain.  Endo didnt end up having to go for the 2nd game vs North Korea as it was postponed. And hopefully Mac Allister doesnt get many minutes but hes not in south america, both the games in the US.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2737 on: March 23, 2024, 07:13:23 am »
I do think the players also have a role to play..

our bunch are too nice and honoured to play Int footie.

but time to for them to say to their coaches . o (Inclu LFC staff) that they felt something in a sprint or tumble and think it a better idea to sit out 2nd match just in case... even better get sent back to LFC to check it out.

We need a course in Fergie/JoseM/Pep/Arteta fake injury   ....

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2738 on: March 23, 2024, 07:36:39 am »
we do have players off at least from the break.
Gravenberch,Nunez,Salah,Trent,Jones,Jota all off with injury & rest.
Quansah on the bench too.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2739 on: March 23, 2024, 07:52:31 am »
Luis Diaz with an assist for a quality goal for the Colombian national team vs Spain:-

https://v.redd.it/7ar5vx0nkypc1 & https://twitter.com/tekkersfoot/status/1771294657403585013

Luis is in great form, great assist, and a lovely finish too

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2740 on: March 23, 2024, 09:30:46 am »
Good to get some minutes in VVDs legs  ::)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2741 on: March 23, 2024, 09:55:37 am »
North Korea not offering a rearranged or neutral-venue fixture is very good for us, Endo is back in Liverpool already.

I’m so glad, that Kim Jong is a red…

Mac only playing 20 from the bench is great, I’m hopeful that our players won’t be stretched too much in the coming games.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2742 on: March 23, 2024, 11:06:11 am »
Thanks Slaphead. The whole “Why don’t we cheat and lie like the cheating liars” thing misses the point of who we are.

I just dont see how its cheating in any way. If it was a tournament like the AFCON in the middle of the season there's not much you can do but most of these are pointless friendlies. The thing is, if we actually did pull players out I've a feeling most would be calling it shrewd, but somebody else does it and its cheating. Bizarre, borders on Evertonian levels of delusion and bitterness.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2743 on: March 23, 2024, 11:17:03 am »
I just dont see how its cheating in any way. If it was a tournament like the AFCON in the middle of the season there's not much you can do but most of these are pointless friendlies. The thing is, if we actually did pull players out I've a feeling most would be calling it shrewd, but somebody else does it and its cheating. Bizarre, borders on Evertonian levels of delusion and bitterness.

Does anyone actually call it cheating?
I think it's a piss take, but it isn't cheating. It would probably be referred to as such and more of a big deal if we were to do it more.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2744 on: March 23, 2024, 11:22:31 am »
...Endo is back in Liverpool already.

Great stuff

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2745 on: March 23, 2024, 11:36:39 am »
Does anyone actually call it cheating?
I think it's a piss take, but it isn't cheating. It would probably be referred to as such and more of a big deal if we were to do it more.
yes, including about six or seven posts up. bizarre take indeed. all i can say is that i wish more of our players were doing what darwin and mo are doing right now.

the only thing i find a pisstake is the structure that makes this all necessary. international players should have so much power if they properly collectivised, yet they are so disorganised they have so little.

we've seen it ourselves that the current structure discourages and actively fucks over the honest. whether its by PR assertions of dishonesty (see Gerrard and Sturridge) or nationalistic slurs and other shit slung (see Carragher and Ben White), or by threat of consequences for not playing that lead to health problems (see Naby Keita) or whether it's by following through on threats of action against players (see Matip).

how can it be that Matip being honest and up front by saying 'i want to retire from international football' could be maliciously used against him and his employer by some corrupt dickheads in another continent?!

the whole system is backwards. clubs should have more power than international FAs (all are filled with dodgy sorts wanting to profit from footballers labour, but at least clubs are proper businesses whereas national FAs are almost unanimously corrupt cartels). players should rightly have more say than either club or country on decisions to partake in international football too.

thats without even thinking about 'fans' too, particularly the kunckle draggers that international football attracts (see Salah). it's why everything has to be so carefully managed as PR (see the groundwork laid about Salah's upcoming rest, and the amusingly phrased excuse used to stop Nunez playing a spanish region in a friendly - apparently hamstrings have thoughts and feelings now!)

if players have to lie and make stuff up to look out for theirs and their employers interests, that is a pisstake. but its a pisstake they are the ones on the the receivng end suffering it. the system by design punishes honesty

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2746 on: March 23, 2024, 12:20:03 pm »
the sight of Ben White makes me want to puke, but at least he's being up front about the national team.  I wonder if other players will start doing the same?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2747 on: March 23, 2024, 12:43:28 pm »
the sight of Ben White makes me want to puke

Seeing a footballer with a tan makes you physically sick?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2748 on: March 23, 2024, 12:48:30 pm »
the sight of Ben White makes me want to puke, but at least he's being up front about the national team.  I wonder if other players will start doing the same?

He’s thrown a hissy fit, that’s why he’s not there. Not some altruistic ‘I want to prioritise my club’ reason.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2749 on: March 23, 2024, 12:49:56 pm »
Seeing a footballer with a tan makes you physically sick?
not just the tan, he's a gobshite of a player.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2750 on: March 23, 2024, 12:50:36 pm »
He’s thrown a hissy fit, that’s why he’s not there. Not some altruistic ‘I want to prioritise my club’ reason.
I thought he'd basically said he's not interested in being called up?

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2751 on: March 23, 2024, 12:51:36 pm »
I thought he'd basically said he's not interested in being called up?

Well yeah exactly, because he’s thrown a hissy fit

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love our players to do the same

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2752 on: March 23, 2024, 01:06:18 pm »
Well yeah exactly, because he’s thrown a hissy fit

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love our players to do the same
don't get the hissy fit bit ... what was he pissed off about?

he was going to be selected AFAIK?

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2753 on: March 23, 2024, 01:15:09 pm »
don't get the hissy fit bit ... what was he pissed off about?

he was going to be selected AFAIK?

He got a dressing down from one of the coaches at the last Euros, and returned home for ‘personal reasons’, and his dummy has remained firmly out of the pram since.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2754 on: March 23, 2024, 01:26:33 pm »
Virgil's Instagram..aww

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2755 on: March 23, 2024, 01:54:08 pm »
Virgil's Instagram..aww

Speaking of tanned footballers - Robbo in that top pic. Legs so white they’re practically blue.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2756 on: March 23, 2024, 03:02:03 pm »
He got a dressing down from one of the coaches at the last Euros, and returned home for ‘personal reasons’, and his dummy has remained firmly out of the pram since.
Not good at that adversity thing is he? :)

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
« Reply #2757 on: March 23, 2024, 05:08:37 pm »
Just watched the Netherlands Scotland match highlights. Good contributions, looks like, from Gakpo but that dive was diabolical.
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2758 on: March 23, 2024, 05:35:44 pm »
Kelleher in goal for Ireland here, playing Belgium at home. Had nothing to do. Looks a much changed Belgium side so they're on top, Ferguson has just missed a penalty. Towards the end of the first half now.

Playing it at the Aviva, hopefully where we'll be towards the end of May, will never know why the stand behind one of the goals is so small though, strange.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #2759 on: March 23, 2024, 05:41:32 pm »

Playing it at the Aviva, hopefully where we'll be towards the end of May, will never know why the stand behind one of the goals is so small though, strange.

It's to do with housing. So as not to block too much light.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 05:44:02 pm by MH41 »