Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions  (Read 135081 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #3160 on: February 25, 2024, 01:44:22 pm »
Adding salt to stuff isn’t nice.  No one wants caramel with salt in it.

Even weirder those who cake their food with salt, then add in loads of sauce which often has a load of salt in too.
#Sausages

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3161 on: February 25, 2024, 02:05:43 pm »
Even weirder those who cake their food with salt, then add in loads of sauce which often has a load of salt in too.

Missus does this, I make a cracking meal and she covers it in fucking salt :butt
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3162 on: February 25, 2024, 02:46:04 pm »
Edinburgh, Loch Ness and Skye.

All done in 3 days.

Stopping at Glenfinnan en route to Skye (when the Jacobite is due, it's absolutely rammed with hundreds of sightseers, thanks to Harry Potter!)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3163 on: February 26, 2024, 11:09:19 am »
Don't know if this is an unpopular opinion anymore but it definitely used to be when Wembley wasn't being used...

In the stand trophy presentations are shit compared to on the pitch ones.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #3164 on: February 26, 2024, 11:25:41 am »
Missus does this, I make a cracking meal and she covers it in fucking salt :butt

I hope you've learned from this mistake  ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3165 on: February 26, 2024, 12:43:38 pm »
Don't know if this is an unpopular opinion anymore but it definitely used to be when Wembley wasn't being used...

That's definitely not unpopular, stand presentations are a load of shite. Just because the corporate c*nts don't want to get grass on their shiny shoes.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3166 on: February 27, 2024, 10:08:37 am »
Adding salt to stuff isn’t nice.  No one wants caramel with salt in it.

Pretty much every caramel bar sold in the uk has salt in it. Ever since people started adding butter to caramel, it has contained salt. Having made it with and without salt, it’s much better for having it.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #3167 on: February 27, 2024, 10:10:57 am »
I quite like a salted caramel latte  :lickin

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3168 on: February 27, 2024, 10:46:09 am »
I quite like a salted caramel latte  :lickin

More of an admission than an opinion.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3169 on: February 27, 2024, 11:37:25 am »
People are allowed to have different opinions about a player.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3170 on: February 27, 2024, 11:44:12 am »
People are allowed to have different opinions about a player.

Woah there! None of that nonsense in here, please!!

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3171 on: February 27, 2024, 01:09:15 pm »
Pretty much every caramel bar sold in the uk has salt in it. Ever since people started adding butter to caramel, it has contained salt. Having made it with and without salt, it’s much better for having it.

But the newish trend of salted chocolate bars is shit
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3172 on: February 27, 2024, 01:22:07 pm »
But the newish trend of salted chocolate bars is shit
Agreed. I keep trying them, and keep regretting it.  :rollseyes
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3173 on: February 27, 2024, 01:26:33 pm »
Agreed. I keep trying them, and keep regretting it.  :rollseyes

;D I will eat them and think, I should have waited for a non salted to present itself
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3174 on: February 27, 2024, 01:38:45 pm »
I enjoy salted chocolate, and salted anything really. Though I was in a pub in Inverness last weekend run by some Saffas, who were serving some home made ready salted crisps with pints, and they were so oversalted they made you gag.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3175 on: February 27, 2024, 01:46:39 pm »
I really dislike salt, I never add it to anything even chips and cant eat salt and vinegar or plain crisps

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3176 on: February 27, 2024, 01:48:01 pm »
I enjoy salted chocolate, and salted anything really.

That's because you, like all of us, are part fish
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3177 on: February 27, 2024, 02:03:57 pm »

I grew up watching cup finals when they were at the old Wembley, & the winning team walked up into the stands [those famous 39 steps] to be presented with the cup was one of the cup final traditions which i did enjoy, but now look lame, particularly now that their's a lot more steps to walk up.
#Sausages

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3178 on: February 27, 2024, 02:10:54 pm »

I grew up watching cup finals when they were at the old Wembley, & the winning team walked up into the stands [those famous 39 steps] to be presented with the cup was one of the cup final traditions which i did enjoy, but now look lame, particularly now that their's a lot more steps to walk up.

Yeah. I can see the logic. They were trying to recreate the iconic imagines of old but agree it just doesn’t seem to work anymore. I was there in 2012 on the upper tier so had to watch the trophy lift on one of the big screens as the players were somewhere below me. Pretty weird.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3179 on: February 27, 2024, 02:26:48 pm »
the players climbing all those steps, then disappearing, reminds me of trying to find your way around Ikea.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #3180 on: February 27, 2024, 02:46:11 pm »
the players climbing all those steps, then disappearing, reminds me of trying to find your way around Ikea.
Climbing up those steps just over 6 and a half years ago on a guided tour was when I decided I had to finally give up smoking.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #3181 on: February 27, 2024, 04:12:12 pm »
Thiago would've snapped a string.
Kill the humourless

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3182 on: February 27, 2024, 05:13:27 pm »
Thiago would've snapped a string.

I think Kostas may have snapped his banjo string.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3183 on: February 27, 2024, 07:54:50 pm »
I think Kostas may have snapped his banjo string.

Kostas snapped something of Vrij's...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3184 on: February 27, 2024, 07:58:19 pm »
Trial by Jury should be abandoned and only legal people allowed to make the decisions.

I base this on my wife's experience of jury service, she's not argumentative, so would go with everyone else, even if she didn't agree - luckily the one she did was stonewall. Then comments on a mates service "I think he did that, she must have said that", totally ignoring the evidence and the classic "it wasn't like this on Coronation Street" and the stuff I heard from a fella who did a murder trial - the jury were fucking thick.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #3185 on: February 27, 2024, 08:54:25 pm »
If there's 1 thing you want in a jury it 'd be wisdom, no?

I like the idea of professional, unimpeachable jurors if possible.  Especially for important issues. Pay 'em peanuts.

Talking about mature adults.  Very brainy seniors.

Kill the humourless

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3186 on: February 27, 2024, 09:38:45 pm »
I enjoy salted chocolate, and salted anything really. Though I was in a pub in Inverness last weekend run by some Saffas, who were serving some home made ready salted crisps with pints, and they were so oversalted they made you gag.

A little bit of salt enhances the sensed sweetness, so you don't need as much sugar for it to feel as sweet. Vice versa with a little bit of sugar with sensed savoriness; you don't need as much salt for it to feel as savoury.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3187 on: February 27, 2024, 09:45:51 pm »

There was a film about that, titled The One Hundred and Seven Steps. Here's the wiki entry for the climactic moment:

"Realising that the spies will have to cross the Channel to get their information back to Germany, Hannay and the meeting attendees comb Scudder's notebook for clues as to the planned point of departure. An entry reading "One hundred and seven steps—I counted them—High tide, 10.17 p.m." leads them to a clifftop villa in Kent with a private flight of steps – 107 in total – running down to the sea. A yacht waits offshore. Hannay confronts the occupants of the villa and is mortified to find what appears to be a perfectly ordinary group of English friends who have been enjoying a game of tennis in the sun. But then one of the men droops his eyelids in a characteristic gesture that Hannay recognizes – it is the owner of the cottage in Scotland. Hannay tries to blow his whistle, but he's knackered by all the climbing at the end of the story, and the spies get away."
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3188 on: February 28, 2024, 10:06:40 am »
All these singers with guitars in every bar in town singing the same old shite covers is well, shite.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #3189 on: February 28, 2024, 10:25:12 am »

Aside from looking like a tool, the fact that my doctor poses with his hands down his keks means I'd rather die thanks.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3190 on: February 28, 2024, 10:35:51 am »
Trial by Jury should be abandoned and only legal people allowed to make the decisions.

I base this on my wife's experience of jury service, she's not argumentative, so would go with everyone else, even if she didn't agree - luckily the one she did was stonewall. Then comments on a mates service "I think he did that, she must have said that", totally ignoring the evidence and the classic "it wasn't like this on Coronation Street" and the stuff I heard from a fella who did a murder trial - the jury were fucking thick.

I'd agree, having done it twice and was on three different cases - only one of them I felt was in any way a fair and considered look at evidence and what was actually said in the court instead of looking at the defendant and making a snap decision. Last one I was on got canned cos of covid but everyone in that room had decided the defendant was guilty after the opening statements, if it hadn't been canned I'd have spoken to the usher cos it was chock full of judgmental arseholes.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3191 on: February 28, 2024, 10:46:38 am »
Ive often s thought  the same as Rob and Claire on this

I would have a 3 or 5 panel of judges to make a judgement and one without a vote who does the role as that of a current judge a referee type

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3192 on: February 28, 2024, 10:56:59 am »
Ive often s thought  the same as Rob and Claire on this

I would have a 3 or 5 panel of judges to make a judgement and one without a vote who does the role as that of a current judge a referee type

Probably short of judges for 3-5 for trials.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3193 on: February 28, 2024, 11:07:43 am »
I'd agree, having done it twice and was on three different cases - only one of them I felt was in any way a fair and considered look at evidence and what was actually said in the court instead of looking at the defendant and making a snap decision. Last one I was on got canned cos of covid but everyone in that room had decided the defendant was guilty after the opening statements, if it hadn't been canned I'd have spoken to the usher cos it was chock full of judgmental arseholes.

My missus wouldn't have had the balls to do that, which terrifies me to think people like her are allowed to be jurors

She watching something last night, its on again tonight and its real people looking at actors portraying a court case, split into two juries - I think its about assessing how people see things. Its a murder trial and the husband is the accused and there are people going "oh he seems too nice to have killed her".  :butt

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3194 on: February 28, 2024, 11:39:03 am »
Imagine your liberty being down to a selection of the great British public. The same public that voted for Brexit and voted in this disastrous Tory government.  :o

I was actually called for jury service many years ago. I was in a very bad place with my mental health at the time and was in no fit state to do it, so I was excused on medical grounds.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 11:40:52 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3195 on: February 28, 2024, 11:48:58 am »
Imagine your liberty being down to a selection of the great British public. The same public that voted for Brexit and voted in this disastrous Tory government.  :o

I was actually called for jury service many years ago. I was in a very bad place with my mental health at the time and was in no fit state to do it, so I was excused on medical grounds.

As someone who spent the morning watching the Jeremy Vine Show where they espouse their views I couldnt agree more

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3196 on: February 28, 2024, 01:27:25 pm »
As someone who spent the morning watching the Jeremy Vine Show where they espouse their views I couldnt agree more

The Johnny Rotten quote springs to mind...  ;)

I think that a lot of court cases should be presided over by a 5 member panel of judges. Professionals with legal training who can cut through the fancy talk and obfuscations by smart barristers. Especially cases of corporate fraud, where cases can stretch on for months and months and the ordinary members of the public haven't a breeze about the accounting jargon involved.

But also cases like the Lucy Letwin murder trial. Now I don't know how any Joe and Jane Soap can honestly walk into the jury box on day 1 without at least some preconceived idea about the guilt or innocence there, let alone wade through weeks of medical testimony. I'm not saying she's guilty or innocent here - I'm just saying that if I was selected on that jury panel I'd tell the judge straight away that I think she's guilty just so I wouldn't have to go through the psychological trauma about hearing how babies died.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3197 on: February 28, 2024, 01:39:41 pm »
The Johnny Rotten quote springs to mind...  ;)

I think that a lot of court cases should be presided over by a 5 member panel of judges. Professionals with legal training who can cut through the fancy talk and obfuscations by smart barristers. Especially cases of corporate fraud, where cases can stretch on for months and months and the ordinary members of the public haven't a breeze about the accounting jargon involved.

But also cases like the Lucy Letwin murder trial. Now I don't know how any Joe and Jane Soap can honestly walk into the jury box on day 1 without at least some preconceived idea about the guilt or innocence there, let alone wade through weeks of medical testimony. I'm not saying she's guilty or innocent here - I'm just saying that if I was selected on that jury panel I'd tell the judge straight away that I think she's guilty just so I wouldn't have to go through the psychological trauma about hearing how babies died.

Yeah thats exactly why I want a panel of judges. 

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3198 on: February 28, 2024, 01:57:20 pm »

I've sat through a 5 day trial. Can only conclude that 9 of the 12 jurors decided their verdict after hearing the charge, as they clearly didn't listen to anything that was said after that before delivering their verdict. Judge asked them to go back until they've got a 10-2 verdict. 10 minutes later they had it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3199 on: February 28, 2024, 02:27:58 pm »
I've sat through a 5 day trial. Can only conclude that 9 of the 12 jurors decided their verdict after hearing the charge, as they clearly didn't listen to anything that was said after that before delivering their verdict. Judge asked them to go back until they've got a 10-2 verdict. 10 minutes later they had it.

was in a similar situation with the second one I was on, I was firm on not guilty because I didn't believe they'd provided sufficient proof and that's the test. It's not whether I could believe it's possible, it's without doubt and I couldn't so I wouldn't move - it's someone's life you're talking about. The rest of the jury bullied an old man into changing his mind because they wanted it to be over and the judge accepted the 11-1.

if that had happened on my second go when I was 10 years older, I'd have reported the lot of them and got it re-tried.