Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions  (Read 139896 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #3120 on: January 31, 2024, 04:33:23 pm »
I can see Rob as a real life Jim Royle. ;D

Rob's youngest reminds me of a more dangerous manc/scouse version of Kevin from Home Alone :)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #3121 on: January 31, 2024, 04:44:07 pm »
Rob's youngest reminds me of a more dangerous manc/scouse version of Kevin from Home Alone :)

I was thinking more like Biffa Bacon.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3122 on: January 31, 2024, 05:11:56 pm »
I was thinking more like Biffa Bacon.

:lmao

Sure we have likened Rob and his fam to the Bacons on here before now

Only messing Rob. 

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3123 on: January 31, 2024, 05:14:01 pm »
Rob and his fam 
I read that as farm and was gonna say - that's a bit ott.  :)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3124 on: February 6, 2024, 08:48:33 pm »
Neck tats are rubbish. I don’t mind tats in general, and couldn’t even say why I don’t like them on the neck, but there you go.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3125 on: February 6, 2024, 10:08:45 pm »
I think I've had one bath in the past 40+ years.  what a waste of time - showers are so much more efficient.

My home has a walk in shower but no bath, although i love showers, straight in & straight out, i do miss a nice hot soak at times, the other week i was wishing i had a bath for a hot soak after a walk of a few miles, along the shore from Hoylake to Moreton.
#Sausages

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3126 on: February 7, 2024, 01:32:26 am »
I think I've had one bath in the past 40+ years.  what a waste of time - showers are so much more efficient.

Also:

"It's disgusting. I'm sitting there in a tepid pool of my own filth. All kinds of microscopic parasites and organisms having sex all around me.".
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3127 on: February 7, 2024, 07:09:57 am »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3128 on: February 7, 2024, 07:47:36 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3129 on: February 7, 2024, 08:21:10 am »
Neck tats are rubbish. I don’t mind tats in general, and couldn’t even say why I don’t like them on the neck, but there you go.

Used to know a Tattoo artist and he flatly refused to do face/neck/hands
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3130 on: February 7, 2024, 08:35:09 am »
I can see Rob as a real life Jim Royle. ;D

Except for the beard, thats pretty much spot on sadly
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3131 on: February 7, 2024, 09:06:32 pm »
Except for the beard, thats pretty much spot on sadly

#Sausages

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3132 on: February 16, 2024, 11:41:06 pm »
In a more culturally significant era Rag 'n' Bone Man would be a karaoke act.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3133 on: February 17, 2024, 12:20:53 am »
Used to know a Tattoo artist and he flatly refused to do face/neck/hands

Is that the one who said they'd only tattoo your bollocks??
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #3134 on: February 17, 2024, 10:30:54 am »

Not a fan of them at all, and definitely not on women, they look vile on women.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3135 on: February 18, 2024, 08:35:12 am »
I don’t know how she’s right, I didn’t want her to be right, but she’s absolutely right.

US scientist recommends adding salt to make perfect cup of tea https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68085304

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3136 on: February 18, 2024, 09:44:58 am »
Light shows before games aren't that bad. It's just seen as cringey because small clubs like City and Spurs do them to generate an atmosphere.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3137 on: February 18, 2024, 09:52:13 am »

Any tats are rubbish to be honest. You can deduct 10 IQ points per tat with no complaints.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3138 on: February 18, 2024, 10:15:04 am »
Any tats are rubbish to be honest. You can deduct 10 IQ points per tat with no complaints.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3139 on: February 23, 2024, 08:59:35 pm »
Don't know where else to put this, but I just saw this in a Business Insider article titled "I was born and raised in Scotland. Here are the 7 biggest mistakes I see Americans make when they travel here."

"Edinburgh is great — but don't visit Scotland without a trip to its neighboring city, Glasgow."

That's a bit like saying, "Norwich is great, but don't visit England without a trip to its neighbouring city, London". One is much bigger than the other, yet plays second fiddle in the sentence.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3140 on: February 23, 2024, 09:01:56 pm »
I don’t know how she’s right, I didn’t want her to be right, but she’s absolutely right.

US scientist recommends adding salt to make perfect cup of tea https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68085304

Don't know about counteracting bitterness, but a small amount of salt promotes sweetness, and vice versa (a small amount of sugar promotes the savouriness of salt).
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3141 on: February 23, 2024, 09:07:10 pm »
Don't know where else to put this, but I just saw this in a Business Insider article titled "I was born and raised in Scotland. Here are the 7 biggest mistakes I see Americans make when they travel here."

"Edinburgh is great — but don't visit Scotland without a trip to its neighboring city, Glasgow."

That's a bit like saying, "Norwich is great, but don't visit England without a trip to its neighbouring city, London". One is much bigger than the other, yet plays second fiddle in the sentence.

Will likely be an unpopular opinion, but I like neither city.

And I adore Scotland generally.

(I also love London and think it is a wonderful and amazing city, which I guess will also be an unpopular opinion!)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3142 on: February 23, 2024, 09:12:17 pm »
Edinburgh is nicer, bur Glasgow is better
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #3143 on: February 23, 2024, 09:13:33 pm »
I love them both.
Not many places, if any I dislike North of the border.

Online Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3144 on: February 23, 2024, 09:19:39 pm »
I love them both.
Not many places, if any I dislike North of the border.

I find the whole Central Belt not great. In fact, I find most of the larger towns and the cities of Scotland a bit depressing and miserable. Stirling, Dunoon and Balloch are places I was keen to leave.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3145 on: February 24, 2024, 09:18:08 am »
This is a ridiculous opinion, really.

Do I think people get awful, impulsive shit? Yes. But that’s not everyone and they have absolutely no bearing to hallmarks of poor intelligence. My IQ must be in the negatives then. I’ll let three uni’s know they made a mistake with my degrees and tell my job that despite evidence to the contrary, my tattoos indicate I’m too thick to do my job properly. No one at work even knows I have any tattoos because I have to wear business attire and mine are completely covered.

I say this tongue in cheek because I agree that especially when young we make some bad tattoo decisions, but amongst 20+ I have (and they’re only on my arms) I only regret one, but not enough to have it covered up. The problem is people go to shite artists to save money mainly.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3146 on: February 24, 2024, 02:29:59 pm »

They're not that different in size, and Edinburgh is on target to overtake Glasgow in population in the coming decades. Certainly nothing like comparing Norwich and London.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3147 on: February 24, 2024, 02:30:54 pm »

Correct.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #3148 on: February 24, 2024, 02:37:45 pm »
This is a ridiculous opinion, really.

Do I think people get awful, impulsive shit? Yes. But that’s not everyone and they have absolutely no bearing to hallmarks of poor intelligence. My IQ must be in the negatives then. I’ll let three uni’s know they made a mistake with my degrees and tell my job that despite evidence to the contrary, my tattoos indicate I’m too thick to do my job properly. No one at work even knows I have any tattoos because I have to wear business attire and mine are completely covered.

I say this tongue in cheek because I agree that especially when young we make some bad tattoo decisions, but amongst 20+ I have (and they’re only on my arms) I only regret one, but not enough to have it covered up. The problem is people go to shite artists to save money mainly.
Andy can come across to some on here as a bit of a loon.
I have met him and and can confirm, that he's far from being a loon. 

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3149 on: February 24, 2024, 02:41:20 pm »

The debate was from an article for American tourists. They’re obviously going to visit Edinburgh. In my view it is a great city to visit and look around. Only been to Glasgow a couple of times, definitely felt a bigger place, more spread out and the sort of city you need to just drink in (in every sense).

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3150 on: February 24, 2024, 02:56:57 pm »
The debate was from an article for American tourists. They’re obviously going to visit Edinburgh. In my view it is a great city to visit and look around. Only been to Glasgow a couple of times, definitely felt a bigger place, more spread out and the sort of city you need to just drink in (in every sense).

I really like drinking, Im sure Edinburgh castle is lovely, but not as lovely as your 8th pint of lager
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3151 on: February 24, 2024, 03:05:29 pm »

To American tourists, Scotland is Edinburgh. To Brits, Scotland is Glasgow.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3152 on: February 24, 2024, 04:21:17 pm »
To American tourists, Scotland is Edinburgh.

Edinburgh, Loch Ness and Skye.

All done in 3 days.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3153 on: February 25, 2024, 03:49:15 am »

One thing Edinburgh has is the local bus company [Lothian Buses, including subsidiaries Lothian Country & East Coast Buses] is council owned, because of this Edinburgh is one of the few places outside London that have a comprehensive all night network.
#Sausages

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3154 on: February 25, 2024, 08:17:01 am »
To American tourists, Scotland is Edinburgh. To Brits, Scotland is Glasgow.

That's only because it has a castle and is a seat of the royal family. They love that shit cause they can never have it.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3155 on: February 25, 2024, 10:11:16 am »
Don't know about counteracting bitterness, but a small amount of salt promotes sweetness, and vice versa (a small amount of sugar promotes the savouriness of salt).

Why adding a little salt to espresso is also excellent.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3156 on: February 25, 2024, 10:19:53 am »
Why adding a little salt to espresso is also excellent.

Adding salt to espresso means you're drinking shit espresso.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3157 on: February 25, 2024, 10:26:26 am »
Adding salt to stuff isn’t nice.  No one wants caramel with salt in it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3158 on: February 25, 2024, 11:11:49 am »
Handmade food or other items described as hand-made, hand-wrapped, hand-rolled, hand-cooked, hand-shandied: Don't give a monkeys

Hand Cooked especially, pull the other one

Surely there's more to making crisps than just holding them in your hand. You'd use heat as well surely

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3159 on: February 25, 2024, 01:22:02 pm »

Tried this today, it bloody works  :o
Jurgen YNWA