Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Yeah. It's not like CAS found them not guilty, or innocent. They got off on a technicality. Like if a criminal escapes conviction because the police searched their house without a warrant or something.

This is why non-cooperation with investigations should be a slam dunk offence, with immediate penalties. City have managed to stonewall all the investigations into them to try and escape punishment. But if they've done nothing wrong they shouldn't have anything to hide.

Fail to give a specimen of breath, guilty of drink driving, fail to attend a drug test, guilty of doping and banned - hello Rio :wave - so ADFC should be treated the same.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by rob1966 on Today at 08:41:55 am »
Its possible, but at the moment i see pep and klopp leaving as a great chance for us.

Only because i know nothing about your new manager and just expecting a drop off because of how incredible Klopp was.

I'll be honest, most of us don't know much either, but Kloppo spoke highly of him, has left him a side that is now one year into its development, the stats guys who identified him are fantastic at their jobs, he's won the Eredivise, finished 2nd with more points this season and won the cup, his style is similar to klopps by the look of it, but a bit more defensively solid and his teams know how to score goals. Probably take him at big chunk of next season to get them playing his way, but by the time Ped fucks off, we should be ready to go at the league.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Last post by Priory Road on Today at 08:40:52 am »
It is very old school for Everton.
You can easily get a ticket, with 3-4 of your mates, for almost every game even against us and United.
No expensive memberships, 10+ games the previous season, paying 200£ from a tout etc.

Strange their atmosphere is shite 9 games out of 10 though. They have a really good atmosphere when they play us or when they are up for it ( a bit like us ).
Goodison is the best ground in the country in terms of design for generating atmosphere. Really tight, close to the pitch, and an old low hanging roof that really contains the noise.
It will me a massive loss for them, they have had a huge opportunity to capitalize on that ground because it has always been a hard place to go to.
Now it will be another of these new grounds like emirates, etihad etc, they will lose much of that edge.

The old Main Stand was very important for Anfield to make it intimidating and loud. The new stand is massive, but the noise often gets lost from the kop.

A biting winter wind off the Mersey isn't going to do much for pre-match atmosphere either!

Hope opening fixtures are kind for Slot

Spurs/Chelsea/Newcastle (A) incoming.
I hope Slot is here for 9 years. Will have meant a successful period for the reds :)
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)
« Last post by Elzar on Today at 08:38:44 am »
It was clear his influence and role in the club during the post match presentations. Every player and staff member made sure to go over to Van Dijk and give him a hug. He clearly got very emotional twice with Jurgen too which I think everyone found hard to watch without a little tear!

It was nothing to do with UEFA, they actually banned them from the Champions League for two years, Ceferin still basically calls them cheats at every opportunity.  Yeah, UEFA are corrupt but they went right after City.  CAS determined the most charges were time-barred.

Yeah. It's not like CAS found them not guilty, or innocent. They got off on a technicality. Like if a criminal escapes conviction because the police searched their house without a warrant or something.

This is why non-cooperation with investigations should be a slam dunk offence, with immediate penalties. City have managed to stonewall all the investigations into them to try and escape punishment. But if they've done nothing wrong they shouldn't have anything to hide.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by na fir dearg on Today at 08:38:20 am »
'Thank you, Gaffer ❤️' - https://x.com/TrentAA/status/1792268969375572146 (80 second video clip) ;D

more similar content in the 'Liverpool Audio/Video Thread': www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.41800

wow  :'(
Not seen anything of their game or trophy lift yesterday and I’m to keep it that way.
Here's the trophy lift yesterday

Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by Dr. Beaker on Today at 08:37:18 am »
Our very own Renaissance man. We all loved him, and learned from him and grew to be better people I'm sure. I'm glad he chose when to go and I hope he has a long and happy life.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10