Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
All i ask is for a Joe Gomez goal. 
Spurs are in the situation of needing us to beat Villa and them Man City to give them a chance of qualifying for the CL. Which would also open the opportunity for their bitter rivals to win the league for the first time in 20 years.
What i'll never understand is the slow starts in nearly every game we play.  It feels like its been happening for a couple seasons now.  I saw a stat before saying we'd be 19th in the league according to results at the 15th minute mark in games.  I know it's a 90+ minute game and that means nothing in the long run but it's just to highlight our slow starts.  We were only leading in 2 games at the 15th minute (Arsenal were leading in 9 games and City in 8 ).  The opponent has scored first in 16 of our league games this season.  It just wasn't sustainable.
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by slidez on Today at 03:35:32 am »
Talk of administration is just wishful thinking now.   If they had been taken over by 777, sure, but no 777 means they will sell whoever they can to clear immediate debts and to remove risk of more points deductions, then they will probably be bought by some minor member of an oil state or some US investment company thinking theyre getting them on the cheap as for a couple of hundred mill they might get the club and the stadium.  Neither type of buyer are likely to bad enough to sink them.
Why don’t they just fix that roof ?

It's in honour of their defence.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara
« Last post by StL-Dono on Today at 03:09:56 am »
Probably poor form to bump one's own post but....   

Always worth a 5th or 10th or 15th look...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWf93ngb4Xw

Why don’t they just fix that roof ?

It distracts everyone from the shite on the field.
No matter what happens. Arteta should be issued a 3-year contract extension at seasons end to take it to 2028. His current deal expires at the end of 2025.

People go on about the managerial market being thin. And ive always said, if we were ever stupid enough to sack Arteta for a 'proper manager' who has 'won sumthin', then we would be out in the cold and Arteta would be available for Chelsea of Man United to snap up. Which if happened, they would be ahead of us in the league inside 2 years.

Some of our fans are very entitled with very short memories.

We didn’t sack Arteta when we were bottom of the league, its not happening now. The board have done well and deserve a lot more credit than some of the fan base. Now we need a big summer to take that final step and build more so we have a team capable of getting 90+ points every season, which is what Arteta always said wed need to win the league.
Fair play, I didn't think they could put in a run like we and City have over the last few title races but they've been a machine since they beat us. The league is done, the Crystal Palace loss will come back to haunt them and ultimately they'll feel the pain we have twice before. Another title on the final day for the cheats. On the plus side for Arsenal, Guardiola will leave soon-ish and there will naturally be a blip that they can exploit.

On a side note, it irks me that the brilliance of other clubs has given City fans 4 titles won on the final day of the season. Absolutely wasted on them.

Villa

It was the day you lost to Palace, and ultimately cost us both the title.

Hope Pep fucks off sharpish. Any chance this summer, maybe one of his players misplaces a pass and he decides he cant live with that and takes a 10 year break.
True, but to be fair you could argue that Spurs away is the toughest game they had in their final 2 or 3 games of the season.

Also its on 18/19 where they were ridiculous in terms of form. 21/22 they lost lots of points.

Its not happening city will cruise to the title unfortunately. If we do win it wed have really deserved it, 16-1-1 for the second half of the season, cant do much more. The city machine ramps up now though, I think Pep conditions his robots to hit full gear when everyone else is running on fumes. It helps having deep quality in the squad who regularly rotate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10