Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 768251 times)

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #760 on: January 2, 2018, 07:29:16 am »
Becoming a proper engine in midfield. High energy and always looking to drive us forward. Hopefully after this first season, his link up play with others will get better and better. Lallana would be a great guy for him to learn from.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #761 on: January 2, 2018, 07:32:33 am »
I'm happy that the Ox is playing his way into the team. If he stays injury free he will turn out to be one of the best buys of the season.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #762 on: January 2, 2018, 08:51:09 am »
Was immense today. So tenacious, so capable of evading pressure from the opposition, got us out up the pitch numerous times when it didn't look on. A midfield with him and Keita in it away in these sorts of games will be imperious next year.

Becoming one of my favourites, and should be in the team on merit at the minute.

Whilst thoroughly enjoying this season, I'm really looking forward to next season and the inclusion of the likes of Keita in a midfield that includes Chamberlain/Lallana/Coutinho, and hopefully a new signing for the central midfield (or DM) spot.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: January 2, 2018, 09:58:38 am »
Just re-watching the game again on Sky and some of the bad habits from Arsenal are still in his game - lack of tracking back whilst being in MF one of them. But christ alive, think he's a great purchase and will be a really useful player for Klopp.

Good on ya, lad.

By seasons' end Arsenal fans will be feeling ripped off.  ;D

They'll also be plenty pissed at Wenger for so hopelessly mismanaging this player.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: January 2, 2018, 10:15:43 am »
By seasons' end Arsenal fans will be feeling ripped off.  ;D

They'll also be plenty pissed at Wenger for so hopelessly mismanaging this player.

That's been a huge criticism of Wenger. Ox, Wilshere, Walcott, Gibbs, Ramsey and even Welbeck to an extent, They were all touted as the future but how many have really developed into the player they could of ? And how many have had injury after injury.
Ox had to get out of there, anyone could see there's a real player in there but he needed a manager to bring it out because he was stagnating at Arsenal.
Its a huge huge credit to the player that in a period where we started to rotate, he's stepped in and up and made himself very hard to drop. That's the ideal scenario f or a manager and for competition.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: January 2, 2018, 12:50:54 pm »
Love him and his fit missus.

And this is the main thing really.

Agreed.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #766 on: January 4, 2018, 04:29:41 pm »
Like I said before we bought him, and even last year, Ox was always a perfect fit for Klopp's system. He's been incredible since getting integrated and I would have him in our starting XI. I know people are hung up on some other players, which I won't bother to bring into this discussion at the moment, but Ox I think just fits this team better. He works so well in the 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 we commonly use.

I actually think Wijnaldum behind Ox and Lallana moving forward could look so nice behind Mane, Firmino and Salah until next season where we'll have a wealth of options.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #767 on: January 5, 2018, 12:02:27 am »
Like I said before we bought him, and even last year, Ox was always a perfect fit for Klopp's system. He's been incredible since getting integrated and I would have him in our starting XI. I know people are hung up on some other players, which I won't bother to bring into this discussion at the moment, but Ox I think just fits this team better. He works so well in the 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 we commonly use.

I actually think Wijnaldum behind Ox and Lallana moving forward could look so nice behind Mane, Firmino and Salah until next season where we'll have a wealth of options.

I think we'd be way too light... Wijnaldum was an attacking midfielder before he came here so I don't know if he can play the 6 in our system... Even Henderson and Can struggle to fully make the 6 position their own.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #768 on: January 5, 2018, 12:41:57 am »
That's been a huge criticism of Wenger. Ox, Wilshere, Walcott, Gibbs, Ramsey and even Welbeck to an extent, They were all touted as the future but how many have really developed into the player they could of ? And how many have had injury after injury.

This is one of the big reason why I believe Wenger is finished as a top coach. In the 6-8 years after their last title, whilst they struggled to maintain title challenges, he continued to develop great players and sold them for huge amounts (part of the reason they continued to struggle). Now they don't even do that,  with Ozil and Sanchez both already established before they came to the club.

Walcott is Exhibit A, everyone thought Wenger could turn him into the next Henry but it never happened for many reasons. Props to AOC of not wanting to end up like that and he is starting to show progress, imagine what he will be like next season.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #769 on: January 5, 2018, 06:10:40 am »
I think we'd be way too light... Wijnaldum was an attacking midfielder before he came here so I don't know if he can play the 6 in our system... Even Henderson and Can struggle to fully make the 6 position their own.

He'd be better than Henderson for transitions, but he just doesn't appear to show for the ball enough. I defended him last year when people pointed at his number of touches per game, but it seems that's continued this year. Of all our midfielders, the game appears to pass him by a lot more than the rest. I'm not sure I have an explanation for it.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #770 on: January 5, 2018, 08:25:37 am »
He'd be better than Henderson for transitions, but he just doesn't appear to show for the ball enough. I defended him last year when people pointed at his number of touches per game, but it seems that's continued this year. Of all our midfielders, the game appears to pass him by a lot more than the rest. I'm not sure I have an explanation for it.

Physically I'd say Wijnaldum is more impressive than the other two, obviously he's not as big as them but he's an absolute bull and shields the ball incredibly well. I do agree sometimes the game passes him by but I think out of the three his movement off the ball is significantly better than either Henderson or Can; especially if you contextualise it as to what you'd want a number 6 to do, which is to make angles to receive from CB's and fullbacks.
He's also the best out of the three on the half turn and doesn't need to take 3 touches only to lose the opening to pass it through the lines to the advanced players. As you said that would certainly help on transitional moments.

He's still relatively young and he's played practically everywhere coming up through the ranks, I don't think it's beyond his ability to become a Fernandinho type player.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #771 on: January 5, 2018, 09:13:35 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if next season if 2 of our deep lying midfield options are Henderson and Wijnaldum. I'm sort of expecting Wijnaldum to move further back to compensate for the loss of Emre Can.

In terms of AOC, I think the last few months we've seen exactly why he was bought. His versatility has been really useful when we've needed to rotate. Either in the midfield 3 or as part of the front 3 he's done a good job for us. If Coutinho goes, then him and Lallana will be absolutely vital to us between now and the end of the season. Those 2 have a real opportunity to put down a marker going into the summer transfer window. Their performances could show Klopp that he needs to focus resources on complementing the forwards rather than adding to the midfield options (in Coutinho's absence).
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: January 5, 2018, 11:29:38 pm »
Finally, a player who can take a decent set-piece...What a time to be alive! ::)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #773 on: January 5, 2018, 11:30:42 pm »
Great set-pieces in the past two games. Settling in nicely

Offline AndreTheMidget

• Kopite
« Reply #774 on: January 5, 2018, 11:32:06 pm »
Wasn't his best game but some lovely set pieces and that through ball for Lallana  :-*

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: January 5, 2018, 11:35:49 pm »
Wasn't his best game but some lovely set pieces and that through ball for Lallana  :-*

Getting better with each game. Still to weight a pass on occasion but you can tell this guy wants to succeed here.Good luck to him.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: January 5, 2018, 11:37:14 pm »
Great set piece taker and i love his confidence on the ball. Good to see someone so direct willing to carry the ball from deep

Those driving runs from midfield could come in handy, especially if Can is indeed off

Wasn't at his best today but he doesn't hide, always looking for the ball and showing for teammates. His defensive work rate fits in with our side perfectly

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #777 on: January 5, 2018, 11:48:14 pm »
I just don't see it personally.

I really don't.

I wish I did and I hope I do.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #778 on: January 5, 2018, 11:54:36 pm »

I really don't.

Don’t see what? He was fantastic tonight.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: January 5, 2018, 11:58:46 pm »

I really don't.

He has been really effective in midfield. Not so much on the wings.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: January 6, 2018, 12:00:27 am »

Really? The same was said the last game and I didn't get it then either.

I never think there's a goal in him or a telling ball beyond a set piece.

Don't get me wrong, not a bad player but I don't see a difference maker.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: January 6, 2018, 12:02:01 am »
Really? The same was said the last game and I didn't get it then either.

Don't get me wrong, not a bad player but I don't see a difference maker.

Hasn't he scored 3, hit the woodwork once or twice and but for an outstanding save would have scored against Burnley last time out?

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: January 6, 2018, 12:04:35 am »
Hasn't he scored 3, hit the woodwork once or twice and but for an outstanding save would have scored against Burnley last time out?

Has he scored the first goal yet or a crucial one - I can't remember?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: January 6, 2018, 12:06:15 am »

He has been really good in the games he played in midfield like Bournemouth. His play to get the ball out to Trent for the Mane goal against Burnley illustrated what he can bring.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: January 6, 2018, 12:07:34 am »

West Ham. We're 1-0 up through Salahs goal on the counter. Lanzini levels it up and a minute later you know who pops up to give us a 2-1 lead, we go on to win 4-1.

If people didn't feel he scored enough prior to us signing him, fair play. His goalscoring record wasn't the best. Since joining he's looked a goal threat and been unlucky not to have more goals to his name. Don't see how anyone can say they never think there's a goal in him 

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: January 6, 2018, 12:09:14 am »
He's not totally convincing as of yet but he's definitely showing signs of it and he's of an age where improvement is far from impossible.

I like him.

Positive player at least, tries things. May not be in our best XI on paper but when he comes in its a fairly small drop in quality, and he's versatile. Can see why we bought him.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline AndreTheMidget

• Kopite
« Reply #786 on: January 6, 2018, 12:11:42 am »

Put Lallana through on goal tonight. Was his lovely ball for Salah v Bournemouth a few weeks back. Assist for Salah v Chelsea. His creativity with his passing has been pretty good, he has his 10 yard misplaced mares now and again but he's contributing a lot right now.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #787 on: January 6, 2018, 01:07:04 am »
I think he's great, still a long way to go for him but he's settled in really well and will develop under Klopp. 

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #788 on: January 6, 2018, 01:11:05 am »

I really don't.

you need to look closer :D

He wasn't great tonight, but not many of the midfield / attack where really. But he still assisted the winning goal, and set up a great chance for Lallana, and put in one hell of a shift again.

He's been really good. Did you see the burnley game? He was fantastic. And again, a huge part in setting up the winning goal. He's been contributing plenty so far, and it's only the beginning for him.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #789 on: January 6, 2018, 01:12:21 am »
I loved how he carried the ball away from danger and up the pitch today. I also loved how he delivered the corner right on to Virgil's head. Second game in a row with a game winning assist.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: January 6, 2018, 01:18:49 am »
Great player for the squad, this years Wijnaldum.

Offline art03

• Kopite
« Reply #791 on: January 6, 2018, 01:36:54 am »
Needs to calm down and learn how to thread through balls without over hitting it. He finds himself in very good positions but it seems like he is still not on the same wavelength with the rest of our forward players. Should come with time. Not his best game but very good set pieces and energy.

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #792 on: January 6, 2018, 01:44:03 am »
Great player for the squad, this years Wijnaldum.

So.. He'd be invisible by next season?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #793 on: January 6, 2018, 01:46:50 am »
fucking hell, why can't we go one thread without having little digs at another of our own team's players to 'compliment' another. Same on the VVD thread.

Gini has played plenty of good games this season.

And yeah yeah yeah, you're only joking, I know how it goes :D

Online jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: January 6, 2018, 01:51:25 am »
Still needs to trim a little to improve his agility and change of direction. He's super fast once he gets going but seems to be good at doing that in a straight line only at the moment. Also has to improve his touch a bit but I think more than anything he is just adapting to the pace at which we play. Clearly, he has all the ingredients to become a very good player though.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: January 6, 2018, 02:00:50 am »
Did not see fantastic. ok. But certainly not fantastic.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: January 6, 2018, 04:07:05 am »

does a first goal or crucial goal means more points?

a goal is a goal. for sure a winning one is 3 points.

but as posted earlier, the west ham one was pretty crucial in terms of putting us back in the lead.

and against burnley he did have a brilliant chance that pope did well to save.

To be honest he have been one of our best players in this busy period. His strength, set pieces and runs up the pitch pressuring opposition defence have been really crucial in getting the results we are getting.

He looks good and still early seasons. Think we will see an even better player next season once he settled to the team and get the klopp pre season treatment/hugs.

Offline Xabier Alonso Olano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: January 6, 2018, 04:51:26 am »
He was okay last night, not as good as he has been but decent enough. Still think playing as the third midfielder suits him better, it allows him to showcase parts of his game that come most naturally to him more frequently than when he's out wide. Felt like it was Mane and Firmino closer together with Chamberlain the third forward, a little isolated at times and slightly withdrawn from the other two, still think he lacks that extra movement or instinct that you would want from a wide forward. Early days and the one thing we have seen from Klopp that could never be doubted is the ability to improve players. If Chamberlain played there for half a season, it would be a different beast I'm sure.

I raved about him when the links to us surfaced so as such I'm always gonna be looking for the best from him, last night wasn't it but it's definitely coming, he's a quality player and when his decision making and timing clicks, he's gonna be a fucking beast.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: January 6, 2018, 05:27:17 am »

I really don't.

Klopp see it. Maybe you need a pair of his glasses?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: January 6, 2018, 05:30:04 am »
He was ok last night. Did his job, kept width well, pinged in a few nice balls.