Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 772920 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #920 on: January 14, 2018, 11:01:49 pm »
another thing that is cool about him in interivews - you get the feeling they want him to say negative things about Wenger and Arsenal, like he'll get asked what the difference is between how the coaches work, and style and what is better here and stuff like this. but he is always so respectful to Arsenal and to Wenger in how he answers. Just has a lot of class.
"The biggest thing I've had to learn is how this manager likes to stop situations at source and how he likes to attack is slightly different to my manager before," said Oxlade-Chamberlain.

"I was in certain habits and certain things became second nature to me and in football it is all about instinct. You train and train a certain thing so when you are in that situation you don’t think about it.

"It just might be a simple trigger when something happens and the defence passes to that player and the ball is slightly behind him.

"That is your cue to go and press. At your previous club you might not even look into that. I have about 100 different things but it is all those adding up.

"When a team is in sync to do what a manager wants and you have one player who has come in and is doing it slightly different it breaks the whole chain and it doesn't work for everyone.

"We press high and if one person is not doing it right – even if it is small – it makes everyone's work a waste of time. Just little things like that I had to learn. It can take some time."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-highlights-difference-11851217
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: January 14, 2018, 11:08:10 pm »
Best game for us. Long may it continue.

And he's not been too shabby in his previous games.  This lad will only get better, amazing stuff.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #922 on: January 14, 2018, 11:11:10 pm »
"The biggest thing I've had to learn is how this manager likes to stop situations at source and how he likes to attack is slightly different to my manager before," said Oxlade-Chamberlain.

"I was in certain habits and certain things became second nature to me and in football it is all about instinct. You train and train a certain thing so when you are in that situation you don’t think about it.

"It just might be a simple trigger when something happens and the defence passes to that player and the ball is slightly behind him.

"That is your cue to go and press. At your previous club you might not even look into that. I have about 100 different things but it is all those adding up.

"When a team is in sync to do what a manager wants and you have one player who has come in and is doing it slightly different it breaks the whole chain and it doesn't work for everyone.

"We press high and if one person is not doing it right – even if it is small – it makes everyone's work a waste of time. Just little things like that I had to learn. It can take some time."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-highlights-difference-11851217

Love it.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #923 on: January 14, 2018, 11:19:34 pm »
When Mane scored that belter with his left, AOC the was the furthest up the pitch and would have been first to any tape in if the goalie managed to stop it and  spill it. That sort of energy and dedication is amazing. Thank God we signed this kid.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: January 14, 2018, 11:23:25 pm »
Love it.

Yep. Refreshingly bright this fella. It's becoming clear why he was so keen to move here.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #925 on: January 14, 2018, 11:26:14 pm »
3 league goals in 8 starts + 12 sub apps, already his best ever season for league goals.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4252/Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain/overview

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #926 on: January 14, 2018, 11:26:15 pm »
The lad speaks so well about the game he should get changed out of his kit - straight into a suit - into the studio - and show Jenas, Murphy, Neville et al exactly how it's done
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #927 on: January 14, 2018, 11:26:32 pm »
I wasn't sure about Ox at first, I must admit - but he could very well step up and do the job that Coutinho did so well - but in a different way.

Lad could turn out to be a snip at the Ł30 of sovs we got him for.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: January 14, 2018, 11:40:39 pm »
Another great game today, stagnated under Wenger but seems to have found a new lease of life.

MF is defo his best position in my book, although no doubt he was bought to fill in for Mane or Salah.

I doubt it, we struggled badly last season when Lallana was out, pretty sure he was brought in to add depth there.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: January 15, 2018, 12:24:54 am »
The fab four... well, why not? ;D

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: January 15, 2018, 12:35:36 am »
I was banging the drum for Ox last summer. His skillset was perfect for an 8 in Klopp's system. He also would give us cover for Salah and Mane with is pace, dribbling and explosiveness i argued at the time. Klopp give him a heck of a compliment after the game saying 'I dont know what's better the footballer or the person'. His attitude and leadership have been first class. A great interview as well.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #931 on: January 15, 2018, 12:45:41 am »
Ł35m for him.  By the time he's 27 he'll be worth four times that to us.

Vice captain material, with Virgil as captain?

Would love it.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: January 15, 2018, 01:49:22 am »
His interviews just confirm Arsenal are under coached at this point in time, you got the same feeling from Hayden (Newcastle) speaking about his time there. If they have more young, verge of first team / rotation prospects Liverpool should be looking through those - they'll have had a great education technique wise, Arsene generally doesn't go for slow players, we can mould them here.

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #933 on: January 15, 2018, 03:31:49 am »
Shows you everything that's wrong with football when every English pundit (and the National team manager) want to pigeon hole him as a winger.  Oh look here's an athletic guy with pace, lets make him run up and down the wing like a headless chicken  :no

His career was going to rot at Arsenal. 

Now that he's here Klopp is going to develop him into a star midfielder.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: January 15, 2018, 03:46:29 am »
Very well remember the day Juan Loco off here called him "Alex Walcott-Lennon". Juan was one of my favourite posters on here and his assessment seemed spot on back then, but just goes to show what players are capable of under the right guidance.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #935 on: January 15, 2018, 05:14:45 am »
Tremendous player, has been improving every game. Last night, the best player on the pitch in the 1st half. He is growing into our team, and is a Klopp player out and out. I think Ox will be with us for the next 10 years.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: January 15, 2018, 06:07:09 am »
Very clever signing. He's one of my favorite players.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline solidgold

• Main Stander
« Reply #937 on: January 15, 2018, 06:25:27 am »
best move - 1st half. Dragged the ball back after running at Walker at pace on the left side. Cut back inside onto the right and almost squeezing it to the left near post. Walker was left sprawling on the floor not knowing what happened.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #938 on: January 15, 2018, 06:46:45 am »
Dean Saunders was saying on the radio on way home from the match that Klopp is coaching him so much better than Wenger ever did and we are seeing the benefit.

Really pleased for the lad, wants to be here which someone else didn't.

His corners are better than anyone else's and when Van Dijk is fit I can see him getting a few more goals.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: January 15, 2018, 07:22:26 am »
while everyone is clamouring for a coutinho replacement, no one actually sees that we already have one in ox.

not exactly a like for like but may fit the system a bit better. Its still early days but he have really stepped up to the plate so far

One of my worries the moment coutinho left was that who was going to replace his output of goals and assists and so far ox is doing that. Lets hope he keeps it up or even exceeds it. Something that totally surprised me since he was pretty goal shy at arsenal. 

5-10 goals in half a season would be his best tally and lets hope he have that target in mind.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: January 15, 2018, 07:40:31 am »
Ł35m for him.  By the time he's 27 he'll be worth four times that to us.

Vice captain material, with Virgil as captain?
Very early for Virgil to be captain (and for Ox for that matter) but great shout, eventually he will be our captain in a few years.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: January 15, 2018, 07:42:22 am »
This must have been Oxlad Chamberlain's best game for us yet.

Didn't Gordon Strachan claim that it is impossible for Oxlade Chamberlain to improve over a few matches?

But he has clearly improved far beyond what he has been offering in Arsenal colours even at this early stage.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: January 15, 2018, 07:55:09 am »
He is doing a great job and is learning so quickly. We won't see the best of him until next year, but he already looks fantastic.

Great attitude and seems a lovely lad as well. Cult hero status nailed on if he stays a while.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #943 on: January 15, 2018, 08:11:25 am »
He's been great in midfield and needs to stay there.

We need reinforcements for the front three so he doesn't get shifted there when we need to rotate etc.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #944 on: January 15, 2018, 08:40:15 am »
while everyone is clamouring for a coutinho replacement, no one actually sees that we already have one in ox.

not exactly a like for like but may fit the system a bit better. Its still early days but he have really stepped up to the plate so far

One of my worries the moment coutinho left was that who was going to replace his output of goals and assists and so far ox is doing that. Lets hope he keeps it up or even exceeds it. Something that totally surprised me since he was pretty goal shy at arsenal. 

5-10 goals in half a season would be his best tally and lets hope he have that target in mind.
Ox did very well, but that's ridiculous hyperbole.
Coutinho was never our key player in these open games, which all our other midfielders love. He really came into force when we faced a low, tight defense. Ox hasn't shown anything like that against low defenses.
Ox is a lot like Wijnaldum, but he takes fewer touches and plays more directly. But his dribbling, shooting and passing is nowhere near Coutinhos.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: January 15, 2018, 09:10:11 am »
Very early for Virgil to be captain (and for Ox for that matter) but great shout, eventually he will be our captain in a few years.

Absolutely not yet, but when you look at how both players have just stamped their authority on the team in markedly different ways - on and off the pitch - it has to be an eventual shoe-in.

His interviews just confirm Arsenal are under coached at this point in time, you got the same feeling from Hayden (Newcastle) speaking about his time there. If they have more young, verge of first team / rotation prospects Liverpool should be looking through those - they'll have had a great education technique wise, Arsene generally doesn't go for slow players, we can mould them here.

So Arsenal should replace Southampton as our feeder club?  ;) ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MattyBoy21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #946 on: January 15, 2018, 10:23:53 am »
Been a revelation on the pitch and seems like a massive character off it. Any time he speaks he impresses me more and more especially his post match interviews.

Said before I wasn't overly excited when he came in but once he found his feet after a few games he has been superb.

Got to give him a lot of credit too. Leaving Arsenal where he was starting the majority of games to come here where there is arguably more competition for places and no guarantee of starting - especially as a CM. He was confident in his ability and backed himself to perform an cement his position in the side in his favoured position in a World Cup year. Fair play to the lad.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: January 15, 2018, 10:24:51 am »
Another top signing by Jurgen

Impressive on and off the pitch

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #948 on: January 15, 2018, 10:51:32 am »
What a lad.

Was baffled by us signing him in the summer. Happy to see he's proving me completely wrong. Probably the best player in the league. :D

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: January 15, 2018, 11:45:55 am »
Made up for him.
The way he carries the ball forward at pace is really impressive.
This is a really good example of signing the player not the name. Klopp obviously knew what attributes he was looking for and how he could use them in his system while the the pundits and most of us were trying to see how Arsenals AOC would fit into our team.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #950 on: January 15, 2018, 11:53:21 am »
Shout-out to the Ox, he's really quite the man...!

Was delighted we were signing him but I don't think I expected this level of maturity and influence from him. I really thought he would be a brilliant player to rotate with Salah and Mane and Coutinho/Lallana, but it feels like he has come in and isn't prepared to play in their shadows - he wants to be involved, he wants to be one of those leaders. What a really great attitude to match his talent. And still only 24. Really impressive and delighted he will have his best years with us. Seems like a super nice guy too - always defending his teammates and looks like he is proud to wear the shirt.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #951 on: January 15, 2018, 11:54:27 am »
He's probably still in shock when he turns around to shout as his team mates to press, they are already doing it

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
« Reply #952 on: January 15, 2018, 12:01:14 pm »
Good to see him say post-match on NBC that the reason he moved was to challenge himself. I think this ties in very much with what Klopp wants from his signings. He is as interested in hunger and personality and drive as pure technique. Similarly when Klopp was talking to Thommo about Coutinho leaving he was at pains to point out he wants players who want to play for us. Sounds obvious, but is critical. As a result we end up with hungry players who buy into what we are trying to do. Kind of the opposite of Utd.  :D

Back to the OC, his goal was a good example of what he brings. A burst of pace into a half gap. Explosive and direct. Very Kloppy.
If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
« Reply #953 on: January 15, 2018, 12:05:47 pm »
Well done to him, so much energy in there! Hope he can continue this form for the back half cos it's gonna be tight

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #954 on: January 15, 2018, 12:08:42 pm »
Coutinho would be scoring the opener only the way Coutinho would: outside the box with a beauty of a curler.

"But we sold Coutinhooo..!"

Step up the Ox! ;D
Didn't need Coutinho, didn't we? Nah...
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #955 on: January 15, 2018, 12:14:29 pm »
Coutinho would be scoring the opener only the way Coutinho would: outside the box with a beauty of a curler.

"But we sold Coutinhooo..!"

Step up the Ox! ;D
Didn't need Coutinho, didn't we? Nah...

Wasn't a curler, though.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: January 15, 2018, 12:15:05 pm »
He's certainly impressing me. Am picking his goal out of the four yesterday as my favourite.
Love how he comes across as a genuine, well brought up young man, with a bit of humility.
I had no idea he is as young as he is, with how time flies i thought he was 27ish.
A great signing and we will have him for his prime years.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #957 on: January 15, 2018, 12:15:51 pm »
I used to think he looked a bit short. He looks 6'6" playing for us though.

Always puts in a decent corner too, actually might be a bit more consistent than Coutinho. Reckon he'll assist VVD a few times before the season's done.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #958 on: January 15, 2018, 12:35:31 pm »
I used to think he looked a bit short. He looks 6'6" playing for us though.

Always puts in a decent corner too, actually might be a bit more consistent than Coutinho. Reckon he'll assist VVD a few times before the season's done.

his set pieces are very good.

The corners so far do seem far more consistent. As gerat a player as Coutinho is, I don't think his corner taking was that good, kinda similar to Steven Gerrard, for all the immense talents, corners where not at the top of the list!

Was Chambo one of the corner takers when he played for Arsenal? I honestly don't recal, cos it wasn't like I was concerntraing that hard on him as a player in previous seasons!

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: January 15, 2018, 12:47:54 pm »
His setpiece ability has come as a nice surprise to me. Already won us a few points. Add van Dijk's aerial ability and we suddenly look a real threat from corners now. I'm actually beginning to expect rather than hope from corners again. Haven't had that since Sami's pomp.