Author Topic: CL: Spartak 1 v Liverpool 1 (Fernando 23', Coutinho 30')  (Read 76208 times)

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
Re: CL: Spartak 1 v Liverpool 1 (Fernando 23', Coutinho 30')
« Reply #1000 on: September 26, 2017, 11:45:32 pm »
was really frustrated just after the game because we created enough to win 3 games. But, thinking about it now, at least we are creating situations where we should score, its not like we are plodding through games creating 2-3 chances and HAVING to score from one of them because we don't know when the next chance will come. at some point that front 4 will click and we'll go on a run hammering teams.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1001 on: September 26, 2017, 11:46:18 pm »
The attack is not firing!

But it will - SOON.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1002 on: September 26, 2017, 11:46:49 pm »

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: September 26, 2017, 11:53:52 pm »
Go through, great

Finish 3rd, have a real chance at Europa league win

And it'll be January by then we can improve our defensive options if we want

It's all good

Jesus wept. Had to read that 3 times. Finishing 3rd is NOT good. It's in the area of 'very' in an Ungood/Shite Venn Diagram of 'What's all good'. Area A Good... B Ungood... C Shite... and it's in between Ungood and Shite.

Was amazed at the BT Sport panel suggesting we should be more 'pragmatic'. Kept mentioning the word 'pragmatic' as if it's something we need to be. They had 4 shots? Usually, I'd be quite happy with that and we've had some very 'pragmatic' managers in that time.

Frustrating.

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #1004 on: September 26, 2017, 11:54:45 pm »
Sturridge needs a run of games to get sharp.

Offline Scoff

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1005 on: September 26, 2017, 11:56:48 pm »
Important we go and beat Maribor now.

We should have six points but have two instead.

It wasn't great but there are no reasons for heads to fall off.

we should have 4 at best, 6 would be out of this world however 2 is more than acceptable, if we have 8 or 6 after playing Maribor then thanks, anything less than that then we should see the comments that are on here tonight, however until then just wind ur necks in ffs

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1006 on: September 27, 2017, 12:02:41 am »
was really frustrated just after the game because we created enough to win 3 games. But, thinking about it now, at least we are creating situations where we should score, its not like we are plodding through games creating 2-3 chances and HAVING to score from one of them because we don't know when the next chance will come. at some point that front 4 will click and we'll go on a run hammering teams.

We're dominating games. In fact the only recent game we haven't domainted was vs Leicester. Football results are weird sometimes but reversion to the mean happens and probably will for us soon given our level of superiority in most games and how few chances were conceding

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1007 on: September 27, 2017, 12:06:37 am »
We're dominating games. In fact the only recent game we haven't domainted was vs Leicester. Football results are weird sometimes but reversion to the mean happens and probably will for us soon given our level of superiority in most games and how few chances were conceding

We will thrash someone shortly hoping its Spur's or United even better.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Scoff

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1008 on: September 27, 2017, 12:09:32 am »
People don't complain if they're happy. Of course threads are going to be longer on nights like this. There's nothing wrong with calling tonight for what it was.

you should be happy! you should see it for what it is rather than having unrealistic exceptions, thats the problem with the support, your exceptions are unrealistic..

Klopps 1st away game in the CL and your expecting a win, why?

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #1009 on: September 27, 2017, 12:22:25 am »
So... we must have lost then?

Six points from the Maribor games and beat Spartak at Anfield and we're through with Seville away to decide top spot.

And we call UTD fans arrogant??  ;D
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Fido

• Main Stander
  • The league title is what really counts.
« Reply #1010 on: September 27, 2017, 12:24:22 am »

Daniel Sturridge needs to leave and make way for a prolific world class striker.

When Sturridge came on he added nothing of any value to the attack.

Some of the forwards had an off day in that they did not score; Phillipe Courtinho had  a reasonably good game, Sadio Mane was off his best but he was still a threat, Mohamed Salah was unlucky not to score and Roberto Firmino had another off day.

Loris Karius set up the wall badly to leave himself unsighted which resulted in a goal, he still made punches instead of catches but he is still a lot better than Simon Mignolet.

Our defenders today did not have a lot to do but I though that Matip and Lovren had a reasonable game, Trent Alexander-Arnold added value and Alberto Moreno had a really good game and he was a real asset to the team. (Humble pie for me there, lets hope he keeps it up).

However, Daniel Sturridge added his usual nothing of value when he came on and he is just blocking the spot in the team that a prolific striker should occupy.

First is First and Second is Nowhere !

Offline socrates the sophist

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1011 on: September 27, 2017, 12:32:41 am »
I thought we played a great match today, not a perfect one mind you, but a really good one.
The one thing that sticks out to me is we always seem to have a moment of madness during our build up play in every match.
Today, Can gifted the ball away to Spartak and we eventually conceded the goal. On the weekend, Salah did the same and we conceded the pen.

I'm not sure why that is, but the way we are playing it is a matter of time before we become the most feared team in England.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1012 on: September 27, 2017, 12:34:16 am »

Yes he does. He was a bit frustrating today as he beat a couple of players then slowed down so they got back at him. On another day he would have scored a couple.
#JFT97

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1013 on: September 27, 2017, 12:34:23 am »
Why does everyone keep saying 'it'll happen soon, soon we'll start banging them in'? What evidence is there to suggest that? It's a real worry how wasteful we are, there's only so long you can say 'don't worry it'll turn around soon and they'll all go in' - football doesn't work like that. We NEED to improve and if we don't do it soon the season is going to be a long, hard one.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: September 27, 2017, 12:36:31 am »
One of the most frustrating game I think I've ever watched

Another load of chances created but produced no more than 1 goal

They had one meaninful shot on goal which produced 1 goal

Frankly it's rediculous how often this is happening

If they could learn to finish we'd have beaten Burnley, Sevilla, Moscow, Watford with absolute ease

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1015 on: September 27, 2017, 12:36:49 am »
The one thing that sticks out to me is we always seem to have a moment of madness during our build up play in every match.
Today, Can gifted the ball away to Spartak and we eventually conceded the goal. On the weekend, Salah did the same and we conceded the pen.

Salah's shirt was being pulled and he was hauled to the ground so I don't know what you expect him to do...........it wasn't a mistake.
#JFT97

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: September 27, 2017, 12:48:21 am »
So... we must have lost then?

Six points from the Maribor games and beat Spartak at Anfield and we're through with Seville away to decide top spot.

You'd think that, but Maribor has the blueprint of how to get points from us:  You just park the bus and soak up the pressure until the inevitable defensive/goalkeeping howler.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1017 on: September 27, 2017, 12:50:00 am »
Daniel Sturridge needs to leave and make way for a prolific world class striker.

Some of the forwards had an off day in that they did not score; Phillipe Courtinho had  a reasonably good game, Sadio Mane was off his best but he was still a threat, Mohamed Salah was unlucky not to score and Roberto Firmino had another off day.

Loris Karius set up the wall badly to leave himself unsighted which resulted in a goal, he still made punches instead of catches but he is still a lot better than Simon Mignolet.

Our defenders today did not have a lot to do but I though that Matip and Lovren had a reasonable game, Trent Alexander-Arnold added value and Alberto Moreno had a really good game and he was a real asset to the team. (Humble pie for me there, lets hope he keeps it up).

However, Daniel Sturridge added his usual nothing of value when he came on and he is just blocking the spot in the team that a prolific striker should occupy.

There has been literally little to no evidence to support this assertion.

Otherwise I largely agree with many of your points.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: September 27, 2017, 01:08:48 am »
Last six games, 121 shots : 6 goals.

Who needs a striker ?
Just bad luck.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1019 on: September 27, 2017, 01:33:40 am »
Last six games, 121 shots : 6 goals.

Who needs a striker ?

Shots on target? Or shots on goal?

Shots on target 'should' average out to 1 goal for every 3 SoT. If it's not, we're most likely in a statistical trough and shouldn't be too worried.

Shots on goal is better for working out the quality of the chances we are creating.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:35:46 am by harleydanger »
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: September 27, 2017, 01:35:31 am »
Deeply frustrating. Should be putting shite like that to bed.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #1021 on: September 27, 2017, 01:36:43 am »

Love the way you bookend all your tosh with your usual bile against Daniel, highlighting your animosity towards him. Before you get fucked off, can I just say you have at least shown consistency in your shizer, long and thin and yellow of which a large dose of imodium may help cure

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #1022 on: September 27, 2017, 01:39:41 am »
There has been literally little to no evidence to support this assertion.

Otherwise I largely agree with many of your points.

Fucking hell, singling out that bit of tosh to disagree with whilst agreeing with the rest makes you a bit suspect tbf.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:41:49 am by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: September 27, 2017, 01:48:00 am »
We had chances we didn't take them, shit happens Couldn't be arsed slumping into depression, life is shit as at is.

I'm confident in the players and the manager that there will be improvement through out the season. Will it be pretty? No, nothing is going to happen overnight but Klopp has progressed since his arrival, so as long as things keep improving overall I'm not arsed. It's September. We won't go on forever not taking our chances, and we have a system that is designed to create a plethora of chances.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1024 on: September 27, 2017, 01:59:38 am »
There's a lot less to talk about when everything is going well. It's like, "Great stuff boys, same again next week. Thought so and so was cracking today, really turned a corner."

This is a mental post. The idea that there is nothing to analyze in a win. :D

Do you know all that negative shite people write in threads after loses? Well you take that same highly focused analysis but use words like "good" instead of "shite". You can then analyze what we are doing. What is different. What is working. What isn't. Improvements you have noticed. Further improvements you would like to see. You can then make forecasts of hope rather than just doom mongering. There is no end to what you can discuss with a positive outlook when things are going well.

Unless people exist to whinge and this is their outlet for an unhappy existance. In which care fair enough. Go for it. Let it all out. Want a hug?
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1025 on: September 27, 2017, 02:18:28 am »
Why does everyone keep saying 'it'll happen soon, soon we'll start banging them in'? What evidence is there to suggest that? It's a real worry how wasteful we are, there's only so long you can say 'don't worry it'll turn around soon and they'll all go in' - football doesn't work like that. We NEED to improve and if we don't do it soon the season is going to be a long, hard one.

The results since the last international break have been poor. Loss, draw, draw, loss, win, draw.  That isn’t good enough with a team who has aspirations to win or compete for something. We desperately need a win against Newcastle. I’m worried the upcoming international break will throw off our rhythm yet again. Then it’s United first up after the break.

I feel confident we will turn it around though, because we should have won 3 of those games. It’s doesnt look great right now and it’s extremely frustrating but what we need to do is ensure we stay within touching distance in the league and give ourselves a chance to get through this CL Group by winning both of the Maribor games.
YWNA

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1026 on: September 27, 2017, 02:28:04 am »
Shots on target? Or shots on goal?

Shots on target 'should' average out to 1 goal for every 3 SoT. If it's not, we're most likely in a statistical trough and shouldn't be too worried.

Shots on goal is better for working out the quality of the chances we are creating.

In PL, shot per game = 20, shots on target = 7.7, goals = 2
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1027 on: September 27, 2017, 02:41:31 am »
Whe was the last time we won a CL game?
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #1028 on: September 27, 2017, 03:00:55 am »
Liverpool 4 Arsenal 0, Liverpool 4 Hoffenheim 2. ::)

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: September 27, 2017, 03:15:02 am »
Whe was the last time we won a CL game?
Ludogorets? Gerrard 92 min pen.  :(

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #1030 on: September 27, 2017, 03:49:03 am »
We are really in the position where we have to beat Maribor twice, and probably need to beat  Spartak at home or Sevilla away

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #1031 on: September 27, 2017, 03:52:11 am »
How the fuck did we not win?

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1032 on: September 27, 2017, 04:00:42 am »
Ludogorets? Gerrard 92 min pen.  :(

Ludogorets...I was hoping never to hear that name again.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: September 27, 2017, 04:13:13 am »
You've said it and it is the thing I fear most, that we will go whole season missing chance after chance. We did it in King Kenny's full season, there was post after post saying, proving that things would change and goals would come, as a statistical inevitability, and they didn't.
10 shots for us, 1 goal,. 1 shot against us, 2 goals. Heartbreaking. This season is already looking similar.
The gods have got a hate on for us.

Which by the way makes it all the merrier when we beat the crap out of them.

It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1034 on: September 27, 2017, 04:25:17 am »
Its still not quite clicking is it?

Rash decision making and poor shots. I still say the confidence is lacking till we get that momentum of a couple of comfy wins. The forwards are desperate to score because of no faith in the defence and the vicious cyclw continues.

Quite lucky with Spartak drawing that first game.

It will click into place but this a frustrating period for us.

Do you mean unlucky?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1035 on: September 27, 2017, 04:29:59 am »
We are really in the position where we have to beat Maribor twice, and probably need to beat  Spartak at home or Sevilla away

Err... and? Isn't that what we'd have to do anyway? 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: September 27, 2017, 05:17:54 am »
you should be happy! you should see it for what it is rather than having unrealistic exceptions, thats the problem with the support, your exceptions are unrealistic..

Klopps 1st away game in the CL and your expecting a win, why?

An away draw in the CL is not the worst result in the world,but....come on Spartak we're the worst team I've ever seen us play at this level. Literally dog shit. It's not unrealistic to expect us to win that sort of game is it ?

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #1037 on: September 27, 2017, 05:46:38 am »
There was a time people would look at an away in Moscow as being a really difficult fixture.  Not just the quality of the team or partisan atmosphere, but because of the travel, the security arrangements etc.

I thought we looked so good.  We controlled the match and were very brave in possession throughout.  We had so many good situations which were created by our own good play and that made it feel like a goal was coming any moment for most of the game.

The fact we didn't score is frustrating and it's not surprising people are focusing on that, but that's football and it happens.  I feel much more optimistic after games like this, where essentially the damage can be offset by results in the rest of the group phase, than after we scrape an ugly win at home against a low placed team in the league, where we create nothing and play sideways all game.

Some of the stuff last night was fantastic and the more our team gets to play together, the more we'll see the end product.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1038 on: September 27, 2017, 05:55:57 am »
You know, if we'd done our job and beaten Sevilla at Anfield, people would be looking at last nights game in a different light. We should have comfortably won, but a point away in Moscow isn't the end of the world.

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1039 on: September 27, 2017, 06:27:01 am »
so many lost chances.very frustrating