Author Topic: Crystal Palace(lona) 3 v Liverpool 1  (Read 145237 times)

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
Re: Crystal Palace(lona) 3 v Liverpool 1
« Reply #200 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:02 pm »
The wrong players were taken off. Lovren is the worst centre back I have seen play for us.

Skrtel is far worse imo.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:02 pm »
Can we say the R word.

Give that man 100 million and see what happens.

Give Roy £100m! Are you mad?
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #202 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:06 pm »
I want him out now, sorry. He's either stubborn or stupid. Both are worrying.

You always want managers out, that is nothing new.

For all those saying they want the manager out, okay then who do we get in? There is really no one out there that I would want, so frankly it isn't that simple.

Brendan has to help himself some of the players are hopelessly out of form and do need dropping, that much is true. He has to find the courage to make some hard decisions now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:08 pm »
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:17 pm »
I don't think he's getting out-thought. I don't think we're getting exposed tactically. Brendan is just not getting any performances from the players and our defence is still very very shit. You don't have to be Pep or Jose to beat us. The likes of Pardew, Fat Sam and Warnock have not done anything special in their approach against us. They haven't needed to.

Sorry but I can't agree at all here.

How many times over the past 2 years have we conceded 2+ goals away from home in a match?? The system is part of the problem, Rodgers has had £210m to spend on players, if he can't keep a clean sheet against relegation fodder after that then the problem has to stop at his feet
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:18 pm »
Well said Cara
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:28 pm »
the likes of Jones laughing on the bench when we are 3-1 down is annoying as hell.

He could well have been saying "if I can't get in ahead of this joker then I never will"

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #207 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:30 pm »
That third goal though. You can't blame one individual, because every person in our half looked inept. All of them looked like they wanted that goal to go in. Just seen that replay and that is by far one of the worst goals ever.

Seriously, have another look at that third goal. If that doesn't tell you anything; then you need your brain transplanting.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:31 pm »
 :boxhead

:lmao

??? ???

:-X :-X

Offline lucas65

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:32 pm »
The Gerrard quarterback role doesn't work gainst teams that stream back and defend.
Brendan needs to see this and change his team to suit.
We all know which teams will play that way.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #210 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:37 pm »
Subs changed the game in favour of Palace

Lambert out on his feet , should have been Borini for Lambert and left Lallanna on and left Allen on

Cara spot on , on Sky now

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #211 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:39 pm »
I can't comprehend how we've fallen so badly. Just does not compute. Now it doesn't even matter, we're in a spiral and could easily get dragged in a relegation zone before long. Incredible. Numbing.

Starting to remind me of Newcastle a couple of seasons back...
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #212 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:40 pm »
Still 26 games to go.

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:45 pm »
So in summary, the same formula that we've been trying since Studge went out has once again lead to a poor performance and a defeat. Who would have guessed?

Offline TrueNorthRED

• Kopite
« Reply #214 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:54 pm »
Just think of the joy we're providing for opposing team supporters. We are the footballing milkman of human kindness. Do you need an extra pint?! FFS.
"He plays as any supporter would if they were born with such demonic talent."

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:58 pm »
There's one man who would rip Gerrard out off that stupid position created for him. Make it happen John Henry.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline PJLFC1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:02 pm »
Seriously think Ludogrets might actually be favourites against us and a good bet to however I couldn't place a bet against us ever
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:03 pm »
The weird thing is, for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth in here... we weren't that bad, for us. One of our strikers scored a goal, we had some decent attacking moves in the Palace half and nearly created a couple of other decent chances. One of our better performances this season.

Didn't see the first Palace goal, but if Lolvren does his job from the throw-in and Gerrard tracks Ledley properly Palace don't score there. Third was an unstoppable free kick, there wasn't a goalie in the world stopping that one.

A lot of people seem to be comparing our performances to what we were doing last season. Forget last season. It's gone.

you don't need to compare it to last season to appreciate that we're garbage. compare it to the team who started the day in 19th, and by the way- we just made them look like real madrid
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #218 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:05 pm »
Barely behind Rodgers anymore. I mean I'm struggling for ways of defending or even understanding some of his decisions now. We are now playing so shit and consistently keep the same players who are underperforming so at what point do you acknowledge that last season was good but cannot be used anymore as a reason not to talk question Rodgers here.
Justice for the 97

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:06 pm »
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #220 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:08 pm »
Still 26 games to go.

Why the fuck would you remind us of that

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:13 pm »
Seriously though, can we really lay all the blame at the feet of Rodgers? I can't get my head around how badly these players are performing. It's actually quite bizarre.

He is the manager. He is ultimately responsible and he isn't helping himself by constantly playing out of form players.

Offline garumn

• Kopite
« Reply #222 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:14 pm »
Same shit, different day. It's so predictable at this point it's not even funny. Doesn't seem like BR has it in him to turn it around either, tries nothing new.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #223 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:17 pm »
Subs changed the game in favour of Palace

Lambert out on his feet , should have been Borini for Lambert and left Lallanna on and left Allen on

Cara spot on , on Sky now

What did Carra say?
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Zephyr

• Thinks of RAWK whilst pleasuring himself
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #224 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:19 pm »
Those who want Brendan out right now should fuck off.
Mint-Berry Crunch!

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #225 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:21 pm »
We're a shambles and Brendan looks clueless.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline JASYMORR

• Kemlynite
« Reply #226 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:21 pm »
We are in big trouble. Total rubbish, 1 shot on target the whole match against a team like Palace is a disgrace and highlights the fact it ain't just our shambles of a defence that is the problem. What has happened to Sterling for one?! Forget about giving him a rest, on current form the bench would suit him better. Only positive today was Ricky getting off the mark. The rest - a write off.

Brendan looked a worried man coming onto the pitch at the start of the game and throughout, very concerning. Its a crash taking place and I so hope he can turn it around as I like the guy but the buck stops with him.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:25 pm »
With Sturridge out for 6 weeks and unable to bail Rodgers out, I honestly think the manager could be gone before Christmas. Clearly doesn't have any idea how to fix this situation (as evidenced by us doing the exact same thing every fucking week) and doesn't have the stones to make the decisions he ought to have made ages ago. You wonder where our next goal is going to come from, nevermind a win. Particularly when you play a defence containing Skrtel, Lovren and Johnson, protected by Gerrard.

At the end of the day, you look at the money spent, and even if you don't think we wasted most of it (like I'm starting to), we still have players of sufficient quality that we should be much higher in the table. So ultimately it comes down to management. The selection, the tactics (or lack thereof) and the mentality are shocking. Worst of all, Rodgers stands on the sidelines looking like he has no idea what to do about it.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:27 pm »
The weird thing is, for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth in here... we weren't that bad, for us. One of our strikers scored a goal, we had some decent attacking moves in the Palace half and nearly created a couple of other decent chances. One of our better performances this season.

Didn't see the first Palace goal, but if Lolvren does his job from the throw-in and Gerrard tracks Ledley properly Palace don't score there. Third was an unstoppable free kick, there wasn't a goalie in the world stopping that one.

A lot of people seem to be comparing our performances to what we were doing last season. Forget last season. It's gone.

You appear to have been deceived by how awful we've been this season. I agree that we shouldn't expect a walkover like we may have seen last season, but by the same token we shouldn't expect absolute toss because we've seen it so many times already this year. By your own admission, all we created was a few decent chances against one of the worst teams in the league. And then you try to wish away their goals... but they still scored them. And we didn't stop them, or respond well enough. Very odd justification this. If we were fighting to stay in the league then I'd understand, but we should be aiming for 4th at the minimum.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #229 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:30 pm »
Looks like we're back in Rodgers first season again.... well first 6 months.
We look clueless, we lack any real quality anywhere on the pitch and nobody really seems to know what the fuck to do... from the top down.

We have wasted a shitload of money to get worse...and our shitness in the transfer market is coming back to bite us in the arse yet again.

Nah, this is worse, much worse. In his first half season or so results weren't great but there were a lot of positives on the pitch in terms of our performances and evidence of progress and development of a style of play.

Now there is nothing. Just the same turgid shite week in, week out.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:33 pm »
Rodgers lost me at Chelsea. He showed then that he's not interested in picking players based on merit or performance. Combine that with poor transfers, and you realise there's absolutely no way things can get better.

- He's not going to change the system (players left isolated, lack of movement)

- He's not going to drop players (the whole shit of picking a B team against Madrid who played well and then dropping them all in favour of the "stars" against Chelsea)

- He's not going to buy players to fix the mess (he's pissed hundred million away)

It's broken, and he can't fix it.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:38 pm »
Still 26 games to go.

What a depressing fact.

Offline boxinggurunutjob

• Main Stander
  • Boxing Nutter

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:48 pm »
Yeah, what the fuck was that about?  >:(

We're a joke that's what he was laughing about.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: November 23, 2014, 03:38:58 pm »
Never liked football, me. Shite sport.

Make it stop. Just... please, please make it stop.
On the up side. Martin Kelly looked darn good out there...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: November 23, 2014, 03:39:01 pm »
What did he say?

Just what has said on here. It's no longer a form thing, it's a big problem. Lack of leadership and lack of fight. Results this bad seem to be inevitable.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: November 23, 2014, 03:39:03 pm »
Seriously though, can we really lay all the blame at the feet of Rodgers? I can't get my head around how badly these players are performing. It's actually quite bizarre.
It's a mystery, particularly Lallana - he's far better than he's performing. He's got wonderful feet but he doesn't seem to use his ability and glide past players.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #237 on: November 23, 2014, 03:39:05 pm »
"I don't think there is pressure on ourselves, only what we have from within. Look at Tottenham ... [when] you spend over £100m you'd expect to be challenging for the league.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27162437

Fine, glad you got that yourself. Goodbye.

It's amazing really. I wonder what his reaction would be if someone read that out loud to him.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #238 on: November 23, 2014, 03:39:11 pm »

Starting to remind me of Newcastle a couple of seasons back...

The Championship is mint in all fairness.

(We're not going to get relegated ffs)

Offline EPortJake

• Main Stander
« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2014, 03:39:26 pm »
Apologies if this sounds negative - just being honest.
I think we will probably lose on Wednesday and Rogers will lose his job. I don't think I will be fighting his corner if that happens, and if you said that pre-season I would not have believed you. That is the magnitude of our fall.