Author Topic: Crystal Palace(lona) 3 v Liverpool 1  (Read 145685 times)

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Re: Crystal Palace(lona) 3 v Liverpool 1
« Reply #1680 on: November 24, 2014, 08:26:59 pm »
This post, I'm afraid, just backs up the poor mentality of most associated with the club. We were second last season very close to first, played very entertaining football, with some excellent performances.

Now considering this, what do you do as top sportsmen?

Hide, feel sorry for yourselves, or think wow we're good, but we could be better? The answer should be the latter, for some reason we've chosen the former, laden with a multitude of excuses, not reasons, excuses. The club and fan base is mentally weak.

Incomprehensible to me

See, the difference between you and me is that you think it is player mentality, whereas I think it is the lack of gelling between the new players, and the continued rotation.

The defence and midfield change on a game by game basis, so I don't understand how the players are supposed to gel.

I'm pretty insulted that you think I have a "poor mentality". It is a massive assumption based on one post I've written. I want us to be challenge. I'm fucking sick of losing to shit-house teams like Palace. But I don't think that the players are weak or ducking out of the challenge. They are just held back by tactics (playing Gerrard as a DM against a lightning quick attack) and continual rotation.

So stop calling me "weak" just because I don't go "these players are shit", "these players are weak minded" etc and try to actually understand why it is happening.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1681 on: November 24, 2014, 08:29:53 pm »

So stop calling me "weak" just because I don't go "these players are shit", "these players are weak minded" etc and try to actually understand why it is happening.

Apologies, nothing personal.

I don't think the players are shit, but they certainly are "weak minded" that's backed up by recent performances.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #1682 on: November 24, 2014, 08:42:42 pm »
Apologies, nothing personal.

I don't think the players are shit, but they certainly are "weak minded" that's backed up by recent performances.

No worries, didn't mean to fly off the handle.

I'd argue the poor form is tactics though, but guess we aren't going to agree. :)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1683 on: November 24, 2014, 09:19:30 pm »
At the same time though, we're only 5 points from 4th. The position in the table really doesn't bother me at this stage of the season though, it's more the manner in which we're playing and the lack of 'fight' from the players that worries me.

The 5 points off 4th is a relevant point at the moment. If we find form then the gap to Champion's League points is not even close to insurmountable.

However, the "manner in which we're playing and the lack of 'fight' from the players" suggests that us finding form isn't anywhere close. That 5 points could easily become 6, 7,8 9, 10 points before Xmas.

These 2 pieces of 'evidence' is probably the reason for a split we are seeing in opinions. Some will see the 5 points off 4th and think that a good run of form will put us right back in the race for CL places. Others will see the current performances on the pitch and think a good run of form is a million miles away.

I'm inclined to think that things will get worse before they get better. Partly based on the evidence of this seasons performance, partly because I'm a moaning old b'stard. With the way we are performing defensively, and have done for 2 and half seasons under Rodgers, I just can't see a turn round in fortunes happening anytime soon. We need to forget about footballing philosophies and concentrate on making the team difficult to break down. It may make for a few weeks/months of dour football but if we get the results it might be enough to give Rodgers a fighting chance of making a challenge for 4th once Sturrdige gets fit in the New Year (crosses fingers!).
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1684 on: November 24, 2014, 10:00:56 pm »
Sod off with that shit mate. Moyes inherited the Champions....in fact im not even bothering. Just stop posting irrelevant shite that tries to imply that our manager is crap. Its not helpful and more importantly not wanted.

:wellin 

way too many of these chancers just now!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1685 on: November 24, 2014, 10:05:30 pm »
Have to say a lot of good points on both sides of the argument
BR has a crisis on his hands that's for sure and how he deals with it will either keep him as manager or destroy him.
Last year was hard in the end for everyone connected to lfc but  we should have got over it by now,

For me BR and the commitee passed by a £100 million opportunity to bring us on.
Look at shitcoat and what he bought, although he had the advantage of London
I would like BR to bring help in and make some serious decisions on the squad
Stevie to be moved further forward, two up front, drop the keeper and skertel for a few games
We need some drastic calls
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:07:11 pm by naka »

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1686 on: November 24, 2014, 10:14:35 pm »
The 5 points off 4th is a relevant point at the moment. If we find form then the gap to Champion's League points is not even close to insurmountable.

However, the "manner in which we're playing and the lack of 'fight' from the players" suggests that us finding form isn't anywhere close. That 5 points could easily become 6, 7,8 9, 10 points before Xmas.

These 2 pieces of 'evidence' is probably the reason for a split we are seeing in opinions. Some will see the 5 points off 4th and think that a good run of form will put us right back in the race for CL places. Others will see the current performances on the pitch and think a good run of form is a million miles away.

This is my journey from A to B. I was optimistic that us being so close combined with other teams being average meant we could easily turn it around.
But we haven't, we are actually playing worse as the season goes on.
And with games coming thick and fast it wasn't realistic to expect Rodgers to reinvent the wheel.
But after Chelsea we got 2weeks. Rodgers had time to come up with a new plan, to get our season a new start against a bang out of form Palace.
But it looks like he just decided that Sturridge returning would create a buzz and a lift and would suit how he is trying to play, so that was what he focused on. And Sturridge got injured again and now we have game after game and no real time to change things other than slotting player a in for player b.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #1687 on: November 25, 2014, 02:49:27 am »
Have to say a lot of good points on both sides of the argument
BR has a crisis on his hands that's for sure and how he deals with it will either keep him as manager or destroy him.
Last year was hard in the end for everyone connected to lfc but  we should have got over it by now,

For me BR and the commitee passed by a £100 million opportunity to bring us on.
Look at shitcoat and what he bought, although he had the advantage of London
I would like BR to bring help in and make some serious decisions on the squad
Stevie to be moved further forward, two up front, drop the keeper and skertel for a few games
We need some drastic calls

How have you concluded that London has an advantage? Does the water produce superior footballers or something?
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #1688 on: November 25, 2014, 08:01:51 am »

Right now, we're in a real mess. That's an opportunity for players to prove their worth. It's their chance to earn a reputation as players to rely on when necessary. It's an opportunity to start becoming a legend. I understand the difficulties. We're under serious pressure. Sure. But we have these players and we have spent a great deal of money for a reason. Because we believe they have what it takes. Let's see who does. We'll all support those who take their chances and make the most of it.

It would be nice if our manager actually gave all the players on the squad, including those whom he has for some reason decided to marginalize, an actual CHANCE to prove their worth. And, once they do, to keep playing them, instead of reinstalling the failures.

Johnson at LB . . . I was 99% certain it was going to be a 3 CB setup with Johnson at LB. But, noooo, not our Brendan. A modified 433 with GlenJo at effing LB.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1689 on: November 25, 2014, 08:18:43 am »
It would be nice if our manager actually gave all the players on the squad, including those whom he has for some reason decided to marginalize, an actual CHANCE to prove their worth. And, once they do, to keep playing them, instead of reinstalling the failures.

Johnson at LB . . . I was 99% certain it was going to be a 3 CB setup with Johnson at LB. But, noooo, not our Brendan. A modified 433 with GlenJo at effing LB.

Use the squad.

Allen, and Manquillo were the only 2 for me that stood out on Sunday.
We could effectively replace the rest from the squad.

If I was Brendan I'd do it for Wednesday night, and tell the entire group of players that he's only going to make changes for Stoke if we don't beat Ludogorets. It's time now for him to put himself before the players.

Pick a side for Wenesday, and tell them that all you need to do to keep your place for weekend is to win. And tell them that's how it will be from here onwards. Promise the squad you'll not change a winning side. And mean it.

If nothing else it will show him who's up for a battle.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #1690 on: November 25, 2014, 08:40:10 am »
And the round table is up.