Author Topic: Crystal Palace(lona) 3 v Liverpool 1  (Read 145694 times)

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Crystal Palace(lona) 3 v Liverpool 1
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2014, 03:33:29 pm »
It all started going wrong when Moyes got sacked. Fucksake, Davey.

I blame BetFair for putting his statue outside Anfield. That started the curse  :-[

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #161 on: November 23, 2014, 03:33:30 pm »
Johnson and Lovren are gonna cost him his job,I can understand him playing Lovren as he spent £20m on him but to keep playing Johnson when he isn't even gonna be here next season is baffling.We are also totally toothless going forward,zero invention or creativity.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 23, 2014, 03:33:35 pm »
That was junk.  Brendan needs to make some changes and he should start with personnel.  If he doesn't start there, it won't matter what the fuck he does.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2014, 03:33:36 pm »
Why did Allen and Lallana get subbed :lmao

dear god

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2014, 03:33:39 pm »
Brendan looked very disturbingly like a man that had lost the plot. He looked utterly bereft of ideas on the bench and totally out of his depth. If he doesn't turn this around and turn it around now, he'll be out soon. Things are not looking good for him and they won't get any better if he insists on playing the likes of Johnson, Lovren and Gerrard every single game no matter what. His favouritism towards some players is really starting to hurt him.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Cream147

• Anny Roader
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2014, 03:33:43 pm »
Well, the second half didn't change my feelings on the match at all, so I'll just C&P my first-half comments here.

Quote from: Me!
To say we're not winning 50/50s is an understatement. We're not even winning the 80/20s. Joe Allen the only player who looks like he's putting himself on the line for the team to me. Good goal, but we need to be creating a lot more than we are and defending a lot better than we are. Here's hoping.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2014, 03:33:49 pm »
Can't even get mad. Same team same tactics same result. Surprise.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2014, 03:34:09 pm »
Who replaces him then?

I don't know, I'm not John Henry nor do I know which direction they'll go in.

All I can do as a fan is interpret what I see on the pitch, and then make conclusions about it based on it all. At the moment, it's looking very dire indeed.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2014, 03:34:12 pm »
I blame BetFair for putting his statue outside Anfield. That started the curse  :-[

I'm off to sacrifice a goat.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2014, 03:34:16 pm »
We got so bullied out of this game. It's unacceptable.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2014, 03:34:21 pm »
Another thing - refund the fans who spent their horrible, wet Sunday travelling to London to watch that rubbish.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2014, 03:34:38 pm »
Jones laughing on the bench when we are 3-1 down is annoying as hell.

Yeah, what the fuck was that about?  >:(
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2014, 03:34:44 pm »
Well that was shit.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2014, 03:34:47 pm »
Never left the ground early or turned the TV off ever before, but when that 3rd went in I turned the fucker off.

Fed up to the back teeth of this shite.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2014, 03:34:58 pm »
The fact that the manager seems so unwilling to change players or tactics is both frustrating and worrying.  Horrid result and performance.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2014, 03:35:09 pm »
Pathetic.

No pressing, no tempo, no desire.

Why are Lovern and Skrtel constantly played ahead of Toure? Why do we persist with one up top? Why is Gerrard still starting in that defensive role, or at all?

Breaks my heart to say it, but we need to talk about Brendan.

I am absolutely at a loss how we can all see that these players are not playing well and are making the same basic errors and mistakes every game... but Brendan can't?
I don't get it, there must be a reason, it can't just be stubbornness.

Something is going on.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2014, 03:35:11 pm »
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2014, 03:35:20 pm »
Even at Southampton he got subbed nearly every game. Lallana is a player who gives you 60-70 minutes, that's just part of who he is

Well then that is a waste of 25m right there.

Offline joe ®

• Anny Roader
« Reply #178 on: November 23, 2014, 03:35:30 pm »
The weird thing is, for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth in here... we weren't that bad, for us. One of our strikers scored a goal, we had some decent attacking moves in the Palace half and nearly created a couple of other decent chances. One of our better performances this season.

Didn't see the first Palace goal, but if Lolvren does his job from the throw-in and Gerrard tracks Ledley properly Palace don't score there. Third was an unstoppable free kick, there wasn't a goalie in the world stopping that one.

A lot of people seem to be comparing our performances to what we were doing last season. Forget last season. It's gone.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 23, 2014, 03:35:41 pm »
The most worrying thing at the moment is - despite how awful our tactics have been, the questionable substitutions and poor team selections, the transfer spending that currently looks dreadful and the committee's role more generally, and much much more - actually our complete lack of identity, gameplan or team cohesion.

I don't know how we're supposed to be playing and I haven't all season. The players don't look any more in-the-know either. The problem is much deeper than simply 'x' playing over 'y', although like many others I do think we would take baby steps towards recovery by dropping certain individuals. But whether it's Gerrard or not, our centre back pairing, Lambert or Ballotelli or two up top, etc etc, the same problems remain.

No creativity. No chances. No goals. No defence. No midfield possession or pressure. A lack of confidence might explain a dip in quality of form by 10%, but not this dramatic downturn that we've seen. We are absolutely awful at the moment and aside from the 3-0 v Spurs and 30 mins v Man City, we have been all season. That's not coincidence and it's a huge worry for us.

We were 1-0 up today and should have gone on to play our natural game against arguably the worst team in the league. But we looked like we were playing the clock (again) instead of the game, passing the ball around and waiting for inevitable mistakes and expecting to concede, which of course we did. We didn't attempt to keep possession or pressure them or counter or defend deep. It was aimless, pointless and ultimately fruitless.

Worst run of form for five years. We're in serious crisis and we require drastic action. The buck stops with the manager and despite being superb last season, he's been catastrophic so far this year. Sturridge will solve nothing if and when he comes back. Brendan's got a big, big challenge ahead of him.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2014, 03:35:45 pm »
Rodgers is a bit like sterling at the beginning of last season, a brilliant but raw young talent who has lost his way.

Offline wolves76

• Main Stander
« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2014, 03:35:46 pm »
It starts with the keeper...he does not command his area and could have stopped a lot of the long balls Palace were putting in today by being willing to play a more sweeper like role.

Our defence is hopeless against long speculative balls or long throw ins....we simply panic and you can see this every time the ball comes into our box.  Our central defenders cannot defend the long ball and our fullbacks are pushing forward so much that they are constantly exposed in defence.  The space Palace had behind our defence on the wings was frightening.  Steven Gerrard offers no protection in that withdrawn role but his place seems to be not in jeopardy no matter how ineffective he is.

In midfield we are neat and tidy and can make the odd penetrative pass but we are toothless up front and will not score enough goals.  I would happily settle for mid table obscurity now. I feel with the signings we have made and the one that has left us, aligned to the injury to Sturridge means that this has effectively ruined our season.  Depressing though that is for me to say.

Offline Zephyr

• Thinks of RAWK whilst pleasuring himself
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #182 on: November 23, 2014, 03:35:51 pm »
Our starting eleven needs a massive change. Lovren, Skrtel, Gerrard, and Johnson shouldn't start for a while. As much as I love Stevie, he should either be played in a more attacking role or not at all.
Mint-Berry Crunch!

Offline Cave_Wang

• Anny Roader
  • "Only Steven Gerrard can do that"
« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2014, 03:35:52 pm »
This is really worrying now. A truly clueless performance in all areas of the pitch. Sterling final product with crossing and finishing really needs to be scrutinized and improved because it is like watching Aaron Lennon like at the moment.

If we lose in midweek Rogers is in serious trouble! First time I have felt the supporters turn on him slightly.

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2014, 03:35:53 pm »
But can i just say was Allen subbed? he was by far our best player today i thought  :butt

he was energetic which was a tick in the right box. but as usual, he did fuck all with the ball. the only reason people were upset he got subbed off was because we had another central midfielder who was even worse, but is undroppable
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2014, 03:35:54 pm »
I refuse to think we don't have better players than Palace and the like. Rodgers is just getting out-thought at the moment.

I don't think he's getting out-thought. I don't think we're getting exposed tactically. Brendan is just not getting any performances from the players and our defence is still very very shit. You don't have to be Pep or Jose to beat us. The likes of Pardew, Fat Sam and Warnock have not done anything special in their approach against us. They haven't needed to.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #186 on: November 23, 2014, 03:36:02 pm »
Every signing we've made this summer has been a waste of money. They are just as responsible for this regression.
I'd ascribe the responsibility to those who made the signings, myself.

Lallana and Lambert did very well today, by the way. God knows why Moreno was benched though.

Lovren, on the other hand, is probably our worst signing ever. Even Andy Carroll made a bit more sense and at least gave us 18m back.

I thoroughly expected us to lose today. Now I can only be kind of confident when we're playing at home against a shit team. Confident for us to get a draw, that is.

Car crash of a season indeed. Our CL place hangs in the balance and the timing could not be worse.

I don't think Rodgers should go nor that his job is actually in danger. This season will teach us a lot, I feel, though with great suffering.

I think things will eventually click for us but by then 4th will be a stretch and we'll be out of the Champions League. With a bit of luck we might nick the Europa League if we come to it.

'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline diddyfaz-golborne

• Kopite
« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2014, 03:36:12 pm »
johnson and lovren are just not good enough..SG has finished! it goes on...

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2014, 03:36:13 pm »
We are on 14 points, six of which came from Southampton and QPR.

We could easily be on 9 or 10, and be in the bottom three. Very easily.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2014, 03:36:16 pm »
Welcome to the fruits of relying on Gerrard for too long. Sub him at 70th, he cannot do the running anymore.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #190 on: November 23, 2014, 03:36:18 pm »
The weird thing is, for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth in here... we weren't that bad, for us. One of our strikers scored a goal, we had some decent attacking moves in the Palace half and nearly created a couple of other decent chances. One of our better performances this season.

Didn't see the first Palace goal, but if Lolvren does his job from the throw-in and Gerrard tracks Ledley properly Palace don't score there. Third was an unstoppable free kick, there wasn't a goalie in the world stopping that one.

A lot of people seem to be comparing our performances to what we were doing last season. Forget last season. It's gone.

Yes, we were. I'd like to have some of what you're drinking mate

Offline La Vecchia Magpie

• Terry de Niro's Geordie rival...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: November 23, 2014, 03:36:23 pm »
If this continues Rodgers has to be fired. We are playing like a newly promoted team.

:D
The Wood Preservation Society. Hopefully that shed's the equivalent of Fritzel's cellar.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #192 on: November 23, 2014, 03:36:32 pm »
Yeah, what the fuck was that about?  >:(

You either have to laugh or cry

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: November 23, 2014, 03:36:39 pm »
Pressure on Brendan has rocketed with that shite. We're at the straw to break the camel's back now. A loss on Wednesday and poof, he's gone. I don't think he'll make it to January
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: November 23, 2014, 03:36:47 pm »
1-3. We're in serious trouble.

We got the early goal. But all through the game we had possession and they had the sharpness. They created better chances than us. We were a bit unlucky, mainly with the third, but let's not blame lack of luck. We are in freefall. Only Coutinho looked to try and make things happen. He acted like a leader in the role he's supposed to have. It's not enough.

We are in serious trouble now. There are very few indications that we can turn this around. Aston Villa, Newcastle, West Ham, Crystal Palace... if we keep losing to these sides, we know where that will take us.

If I was Rodgers now, I'd rebuild our midfield. I'd play Lucas and Can and someone else. I believe those two have the kind of character we need right now. And we're getting lots of negative answers about our players' ability to deal with pressure.

I expect lots of talk about replacing the manager. That's how bad the situation is now. It really is.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Qcase1977

• Kopite
« Reply #195 on: November 23, 2014, 03:36:50 pm »
It actually seems to be getting worse. Much much worse.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: November 23, 2014, 03:36:53 pm »
If there was a worse team on paper than us at the moment, it was probably CP.  They just put that to the test and proved they aren't. 

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: November 23, 2014, 03:36:57 pm »
Fuck it, I'm drinking JD and watching Fake Taxi for the rest of the day.
Appropriate username.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2014, 03:36:58 pm »
Our manager just got outdone tactically by warnock. Not much you can say.

We really should be winning these 6 pointer games.

I'd like him to at least win a trophy before he's sacked, not many managers come to Liverpool and win fuck all, although I'd sack the majority of the players before the manager though.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #199 on: November 23, 2014, 03:37:00 pm »
Seriously though, can we really lay all the blame at the feet of Rodgers? I can't get my head around how badly these players are performing. It's actually quite bizarre.