Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1420136 times)

Offline arbiarbi

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #7360 on: March 4, 2019, 02:31:03 pm »
If we want to win the league we have to start playing football... How many games did we play at the top level? We can count on the fingers of one hand...
our attack plays very bad, Salah plays terrible, he has to start playing for the team, Klopp must make a better team selection!!! Everyone who follows Liverpool knows it is impossible to play with yesterday's three in the middle...

We are only one point behind City just because of Van Dijk! 90% because of him, he is our best player, he should be our captain from the next season... Henderson does not deserve to be Liverpool captain! He does not have that in his soul to be captain of Liverpool.
Without Van Dijk we would fight for 4th place ...

I am so sad, and so mad, I can not accept this situation that we are not the first :( :(

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7361 on: March 4, 2019, 02:35:31 pm »
If we want to win the league we have to start playing football... How many games did we play at the top level? We can count on the fingers of one hand...
our attack plays very bad, Salah plays terrible, he has to start playing for the team, Klopp must make a better team selection!!! Everyone who follows Liverpool knows it is impossible to play with yesterday's three in the middle...

We are only one point behind City just because of Van Dijk! 90% because of him, he is our best player, he should be our captain from the next season... Henderson does not deserve to be Liverpool captain! He does not have that in his soul to be captain of Liverpool.

I am so sad, and so mad, I can not accept this situation that we are not the first :( :(

There is some much nonsense in this post.

Offline Barrettski

• No longer stuck to a goat or anything else with a beard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A teenage dream is so hard to beat
« Reply #7362 on: March 4, 2019, 02:36:47 pm »
Totally disagree with this and the narrative about City on here and growing on TAW.

So, if this becomes the prevailing viewpoint, that we have to score an avalanche of  goals and match City's goal difference then it becomes problematic. You are enabling a financially doped team to distort the context of what our team are achieving. Noticed City sell any important players recently? No, me neither - see Sterling become one of City's best players last season, and Coutinho and Suarez beat Real Madrid 5-1 yesterday? The team that are statistically the best team to have ever played in the top flight in English football? You want us to score more, concede less, beat on points and in doing so amass our record points tally and goal difference. And if not: fume?

Here's what will happen: it will start with people such as Neil and yourself becoming disillusioned with 4-1 wins at home, putting us on 8 wins and 2 draws -  stating that we absolutely need to keep pace with City because: Crystal Palace. This will eventually become a narrative for a whole strata of fans on Twitter, who will ignore the nuances of the narrative and reduce it to: we need to score 5 a game. Then, when we hit a rocky patch, where do you go from being frustrated with 4-1 at home to drawing with Wolves at home? I'll tell you. Just like the West Ham game all those years ago, booing - cruel, twisted, vindictive bile. Soon enough, we'll have "crisis" pods with Paul Senior and Nevin popping back to tell everyone he was right. (I really like these two contributors, by the way, but facts are facts).

The Ronnie Moran analogy harks back to an age Mourinho is desperately attempting to cling onto - klaxon: it doesn't exist any more. Modern players don't respond to being berated, so hammering players when they have won 4-1- whether it be from managers or fans who have a social media presence-  it just becomes part of the Arsenal TV cycle, a reductive narrative that ignores the achievements of the team and manager in the pursuit of something we have never achieved in our lifetime: 100 points and a goal difference in the region of 80. In 1978, our goal difference was 69, in 87-88 it was 63. Never mind our history, or we got 75 points last season and a goal difference of 46 - we have decided we need to match City. That's the flag in the ground and I'll be "seething" whenever my flag isn't hoisted like a league title.

Klopp has raised expectations beyond belief with 8 wins and 2 draws from 10 games - once we hit a rocky patch, the masses will begin to swirl and smell blood. Just as they have on Henderson.

It reminds me of the cyclists who were watching the yellow jersey of Lance Armstrong as he doped himself to seven Tour de France victories - I can imagine their fans hammering them for not nailing Alpe d’Huez, not being as fast or as brilliant as Armstrong. When in fact, they were absolutely performing at their optimum.

Conclusion? Fucking enjoy going toe to toe with them. Forget goal difference, I'll bet you £100 now they will have a better goal difference, whether we win the league or not (genuine offer). it's not going to happen, hammering the team to do so will be counter productive to atmosphere.

Support the team, don't let the vile disenchantment of goal difference deter from what is shaping up to be a tremendous season. And believe me, from going to Anfield for 30 years, I know that will happen - the shouts, the desperation, the groans, the dissatisfaction - the bipolar opposite of the great European nights.

Up the Mighty Fucking Reds.

Still loving your work sir... four months later.

B
Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple - Bill Shankly.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7363 on: March 4, 2019, 02:41:35 pm »
Huge amount of crap being spoken/typed today about how ‘we’ve done well to challenge, no shame in losing out to this team’

Keep it up, fine with that.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7364 on: March 4, 2019, 02:44:41 pm »

That was the whole point in signing Van Dijk - to go from a team fighting for 4th to a team fighting for the title. Which is exactly what has happened.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #7365 on: March 4, 2019, 02:48:31 pm »
The pressure is off us now and firmly on City and I think that'll benefit us hugely, seems it's also their turn to have some injury problems with Laporte, Fernandinho and KDB all side lined and no let up with fixtures coming thick & fast for them. We're out to 5/2 with the bookies to win it now I think it's definitely worth a few quid that'll get a lot shorter if we go out the Champions League.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #7366 on: March 4, 2019, 02:54:57 pm »
More examples of the media's manipulation. The Beeb appealing to the bantz idiots in this country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47439976

Fuck the Beeb.

Of course we are feeling the pressure, it is crystal clear. And it's normal. We haven't won a title in 30 years, none of our squad members played a big role in winning one and this team has come up short in the most important games for six years now. Failed challenge in 13/14 with three games to go. Lost the FA cup semi against Villa a year later (and that hurt!). Lost the League Cup final on penalties. Lost the Europa League final. Lost the Champions League final. Like it or not, but we did fail quite a few times in the last six years. That does not mean we will fail again though. Our team is getting stronger every year and we as supporters have plenty of reason to be positive. But we are not, I am afraid. Maybe it's because we are scared by what happened in the last 10 years, winning just one trophy and failing at the last hurdle or even before. Just look around our fanbase and you see people not up for a fight. These social media posts from the likes of Robertson, TAA and Milner should be greeted with fans saying "Yes, Millie, let's go get them" (or something like that). Positive vibes. Most comments with the most likes however are some negative spin like "The worst 30  mins I've ever seen from you" or "Fucking show something then" or "did you forget how to pass a ball?!". And they are not coming from fake profiles or something. These are LFC supporters...

I think the biggest quote of Klopp in recent weeks has not gotten enough attention: "This is our first chance at the title. There are more to come."

And I agree fully. This is the first time Liverpool FC have continually worked towards a sustained title challenge, and I do not see us falling away next year like it happened twice before. This team is getting better and better and we should be celebrating them for a so far incredible season. We are right in this challenge, there are still plenty of games left. We are up against one of the best teams I can remember, a record holder of points just the year before. Be positive and be up for the fight - because you don't win a title without it.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7367 on: March 4, 2019, 03:00:58 pm »
Why do some people think the pressure is 'finally' off us?

I really don't get it.

This weekend we'll be 4 points behind City by the time we play Burnley. And some people seem to think the pressure has magically lifted? Really?

Online dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #7368 on: March 4, 2019, 03:03:50 pm »
It was never going to be a straightforward ride to the title.  This is Liverpool,  we do things the hard way! I still believe we'll do it.  And if we don't,  we are set up for many more tilts. Hopefully now that we are chasing the shackles will come off and we'll play with the same freedom pre January

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7369 on: March 4, 2019, 03:04:40 pm »
Why do some people think the pressure is 'finally' off us?

I really don't get it.

This weekend we'll be 4 points behind City by the time we play Burnley. And some people seem to think the pressure has magically lifted? Really?

Yep, I dont get it. You would rather be leading. We now have no margin for error.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7370 on: March 4, 2019, 03:07:24 pm »
The pressure is off us now and firmly on City and I think that'll benefit us hugely
Hopefully we lose the next game to pile even more pressure on City! ;) ;D

I still have faith. If we make a strong run from here I think we'll win it.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7371 on: March 4, 2019, 03:08:26 pm »
1/4 season left and huge numbers of our fans seem to have given up.  It's astonishing and disappointing in equal measures and if people think this doesn't transmit across to the players in various ways then they're mad.

In some ways, it's harder for us to win the Prem than anyone else.  Almost like England in the six nations, every other team's biggest game of the season seems to be against us.

It's 99% certain that City do not win all of their last remaining games.  I don't think Man U will fight quite as hard against City as Everton did against us but they won't roll over either.  City have injuries when we hav players coming back, they have FA Cup and Champions League distractions as well (we have the latter too).  So whilst I was disappointed yesterday, very actually, and I slated Milner and Lallana in particular when they came on as they were dire, we're still massively in this.  Yes, it's in their hands, but it feels way too early to me for that to be decisive right now.  I mean, it was in our hands yesterday at 4.15pm so these things can change extremey quickly.  Lots of twists and turns still to come ladies and gentlemen.

Having said that, if yesterday and today are bad, can you imagine what this place will be like next Sunday if City have won and we don't beat Burnley....
still extremely confident we will win the league
for what its worth I believe united will have to take something of city to copperfasten 4th place
the 4 games city have being palace, spurs, united and burnley away will go along way to sorting this out.
hopefully burnley still need the points.
for me win our games and we win the league

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7372 on: March 4, 2019, 03:08:35 pm »
Meh! We're up against the wealth fund of an entire nation, the fuck we get over that? And this City team is breaking all records so the fact we've competed for so long is great.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7373 on: March 4, 2019, 03:12:12 pm »
More examples of the media's manipulation. The Beeb appealing to the bantz idiots in this country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47439976

Fuck the Beeb.

I don't get the confusion when it comes to the BBC bias. Unfortunately there is a gigantic audience of man u supporters and idiots in the country and the bbc will get more clicks when they pander to that audience, that's the simple fact of it. This is why you will see so many articles week in week out around united for example, good and bad, and which is why there will also be a lot of negative ones towards us because it helps get them more clicks and viewers.

They are just producing what their audience demands and what will bring them more clicks. If I was head of the bbc sports pages I would also make sure there was a lot more articles that where attractive to the bigger audience. It's shit but nothing will ever change it.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7374 on: March 4, 2019, 03:13:58 pm »
Imo level or in front after we play Chelsea and it’s ours

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7375 on: March 4, 2019, 03:24:03 pm »
I don't get the confusion when it comes to the BBC bias. Unfortunately there is a gigantic audience of man u supporters and idiots in the country and the bbc will get more clicks when they pander to that audience, that's the simple fact of it. This is why you will see so many articles week in week out around united for example, good and bad, and which is why there will also be a lot of negative ones towards us because it helps get them more clicks and viewers.

They are just producing what their audience demands and what will bring them more clicks. If I was head of the bbc sports pages I would also make sure there was a lot more articles that where attractive to the bigger audience. It's shit but nothing will ever change it.
All perfectly understandable if they were a self funding organisation.
Given that their revenue is effectively a tax, it would be good if they could rise above the whole tiresome banter culture and start doing some proper reporting rather than writing for clicks. While we're talking BBC, it would also be good if they weren't lining the pockets of already wealthy ex-pro's to spout bollocks on a regular basis.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7376 on: March 4, 2019, 03:25:48 pm »
The British media/press are really lacking quality analysis and punditry when it comes to football

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7377 on: March 4, 2019, 03:28:28 pm »
All perfectly understandable if they were a self funding organisation.
Given that their revenue is effectively a tax, it would be good if they could rise above the whole tiresome banter culture and start doing some proper reporting rather than writing for clicks. While we're talking BBC, it would also be good if they weren't lining the pockets of already wealthy ex-pro's to spout bollocks on a regular basis.

You're right and they should be simply reporting news as matter of fact, without bias or agendas but they won't. All they are interested in is gaining as many readers as possible on their site (which they've done an amazing job at) no matter how low they put the bar. You just need to see the click bait that's on the site on a daily basis, it gets more ridiculous by the week. They are going more and more towards the gutter as they realise it's the quickest and easiest way to gain more audience.

Offline Pepe Silvia

• Anny Roader
  • real ale chilled she'll tell shell
« Reply #7378 on: March 4, 2019, 03:29:10 pm »
After the international break, Man City could be playing every 3/4 days until the end of the league season. Their schedule could look like this:

Sat 31/3 - Fulham (a)
Wed 3/4 - Cardiff (h)
Sat 6/4 - FAC SF
Tue/Wed - CL QF 1st leg
Sun 14/4 - Crystal Palace (a)
Tue/Wed - CL QF 2nd leg
Sat 20/4 - Spurs (h)
Wed 24/4 - Man Utd (a)
Sun 28/4 - Burnley (a)
Tue/Wed - CL SF 1st leg
Sat 4/5 - Leicester (h)
Tue/Wed - CL SF 2nd leg
Sun 12/5 - Brighton (a)

They can't make it through all that without dropping at least a few points in the league, surely?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7379 on: March 4, 2019, 03:33:44 pm »
After the international break, Man City could be playing every 3/4 days until the end of the league season. Their schedule could look like this:

Sat 31/3 - Fulham (a)
Wed 3/4 - Cardiff (h)
Sat 6/4 - FAC SF
Tue/Wed - CL QF 1st leg
Sun 14/4 - Crystal Palace (a)
Tue/Wed - CL QF 2nd leg
Sat 20/4 - Spurs (h)
Wed 24/4 - Man Utd (a)
Sun 28/4 - Burnley (a)
Tue/Wed - CL SF 1st leg
Sat 4/5 - Leicester (h)
Tue/Wed - CL SF 2nd leg
Sun 12/5 - Brighton (a)

They can't make it through all that without dropping at least a few points in the league, surely?

My hope is that they get someone immensely difficult in Europe after this round ala Atletico/Barca

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #7380 on: March 4, 2019, 03:36:25 pm »
You're right and they should be simply reporting news as matter of fact, without bias or agendas but they won't. All they are interested in is gaining as many readers as possible on their site (which they've done an amazing job at) no matter how low they put the bar. You just need to see the click bait that's on the site on a daily basis, it gets more ridiculous by the week. They are going more and more towards the gutter as they realise it's the quickest and easiest way to gain more audience.

Highlight on the the BBC today was this survey and subsequent visualization with the question 'Is Klopp feeling the pressure?'

:D

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7381 on: March 4, 2019, 03:36:54 pm »
There's not much evidence that the fans are feeling pressure this season and it's feeding into the players. It's a narrative spread by useless c*nts that rarely watch our games.
At this point in the league at home we had scored 33 goals. We've currently scored 40, breaking down every team bar the doping team.

To put into perspective where we are right now compared to other seasons.

After 29 games we are 2nd in the league with 70 points. This is how we compare to other second placed teams over the years.

2nd place points after 29 games over the past decade

18/19 season 70 - Us right now
17/18 season: 62
16/17 season: 59
15/16 season 55
14/15 season: 62
13/14 season: 59
12/13 season 59
11/12 season: 69
10/11 season: 58
09/10 season: 64
08/09 season: 61

Most seasons we would be cantering home to the league with our current points total. The only team that comes close, is in the 11/12 season who just happen to be man city, with man utd in 1st on 70 points.

Over the following 9 games in that season, the team in 2nd went on to Win 6, Draw 2 and Lose 1. The team in first went on to Win 6, Draw 1 and Lose 2. The team in 2nd went on to win the league, the rest as they say, is history.

« Last Edit: March 4, 2019, 03:38:47 pm by Dave D »

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #7382 on: March 4, 2019, 03:37:06 pm »
They could. This is a better side than the one that we lost the title to during the Suarez/Studge wonder season.

We will be pinning our hopes that they lose or draw at least 2 match. This City has shown that they can win 10-15 match in a row.

Lets hope we start going for the throat. No more of this shit pragmatic approach. If we played like we have at Old Trafford and Goodison at the Allianz, we will get humiliated. If we go for it, we will get a score draw at the least.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Online downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #7383 on: March 4, 2019, 03:37:56 pm »
The frustrating part is, City's injuries have come in now that they're playing mid-table and relegation dross.

All of their tricky league fixtures (Palace, Man Utd, Spurs, Burnley A) PLUS CL quarterfinals (All but guaranteed, watch them get Porto though) are after the international break. It's very frustrating that their injuries are happening NOW and not then. Hopefully, all of those injuries are worse than feared and they'll have setbacks.

But then again, who's to say that huge fixture pile up they'll have in April won't result in yet more injuries or players potentially rushed in and injured again.

It's imperative that it's THEM who drop point next and not us. If we're still one point behind by end of March having beaten Spurs, then we'll stand in a great position.

Absolutely crucial we win the next 3. I can feel Sunday being nervous for the fans, especially since its a dreaded early kick-off as we'll most likely start the match 4 points behind and Burnley will play absolute filthy park the bus and rough them up game. It's one of those games that we just have to win one way or another. Thankfully their unbeaten run is now over, so they aren't on as much of a high as they were 2 weeks ago.

Online downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #7384 on: March 4, 2019, 03:41:22 pm »
They could. This is a better side than the one that we lost the title to during the Suarez/Studge wonder season.

We will be pinning our hopes that they lose or draw at least 2 match. This City has shown that they can win 10-15 match in a row.

Lets hope we start going for the throat. No more of this shit pragmatic approach. If we played like we have at Old Trafford and Goodison at the Allianz, we will get humiliated. If we go for it, we will get a score draw at the least.

I'm very curious how we'll approach that match and whether we'll continue with midfield whatever has cost us losing last 3 away matches in Europe this season and overall be poor in big away games this season, Spurs game aside. Especially since that game will be just about 72 hours after playing Burnley's team of dogs.

My guess is vs. Burnley, we'll play the Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri .... vs. Bayern: Fabinho, Henderson, Gini     

But then, Jurgen loves Milner in those big away games, so won't be surprised if he started either match.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7385 on: March 4, 2019, 03:41:53 pm »
This City has shown that they can win 10-15 match in a row.

Have they though ?  Honest question by the way.  I don't think they have won more than 8 games in a row in the league this season have they ? 

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7386 on: March 4, 2019, 03:45:21 pm »
Highlight on the the BBC today was this survey and subsequent visualization with the question 'Is Klopp feeling the pressure?'

They are fucking desperate to get that soundbite out of him that they can run with every time they interview him. Poking away at him game after game but thankfully Klopp is way smarter than that and the rest of the team need to just keep their heads down too.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #7387 on: March 4, 2019, 03:46:59 pm »
Main thing is that something needs to change because our current trajectory won't win us the title:

Premier League Form Guide
        Team         Last Six    PTS
1   Manchester City      LWWWWW      15
2   Manchester United   DWWDWW      14
3   Arsenal            WLWWWD      13
4   Crystal Palace      DWDWLW      11
5   Wolverhampton      WWDDLW      11
6   Newcastle United   WLDWWL      10
7   Liverpool         DDWDWD      10

Klopp obviously knows this and it'll be interesting to see how we can get back on track.
There's no point in looking at our remaining fixtures and anticipating victories if the form guide suggests we have more points to drop. That could change of course and hopefully will, but we've been second favourites for a couple of weeks now in my book because of the way we're playing recently.

Yep. And in reality we can dress it whichever way we want but those last 6 games haven’t been good enough. It also suggests we will drop more points as IMO we have harder games than Everton away. City are firm favourites now but all we can do is just try and win every game as it comes starting with Burnley and see where it gets us. Not only are we relying on other teams doing us a favour (which I despise), but we have to be perfect from now on. A very tall order but you can only play it one game at a time.
YWNA

Offline Advil

• Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #7388 on: March 4, 2019, 03:49:24 pm »
Have they though ?  Honest question by the way.  I don't think they have won more than 8 games in a row in the league this season have they ?

I dont mean this season, last season they won 18 match in a row with almost the same team. Hopefully they wont be that good this time around with the distractions of the cups etc.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/666355
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7389 on: March 4, 2019, 03:50:29 pm »
Ultimately the main thing is we have a team that can challenge for multiple seasons. Previously too many of our players lost their heads, partly due to not being mentally strong enough, not having the right manager or setup or other off the field issues.

We have loads of top players and a top manager. If we dont do it this season then go for it again next season. It has to become our trade to be challenging eveey year.

Offline Advil

• Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #7390 on: March 4, 2019, 03:57:56 pm »
Ultimately the main thing is we have a team that can challenge for multiple seasons. Previously too many of our players lost their heads, partly due to not being mentally strong enough, not having the right manager or setup or other off the field issues.

We have loads of top players and a top manager. If we dont do it this season then go for it again next season. It has to become our trade to be challenging eveey year.

Yes. We need to mean business. Keep our best player, improve our team by getting a world class striker that can contribute as Firmino and score more than Firmino. We really need to let go of one of Milner/Hendo and Lallana/Studge/Moreno and maybe even Origi need to go. Get a top class midfielder (who can score/assist) to play with Keita and Fabinho. Get a defender to compete with Gomez, one of Matip/Lovren will have to go as well.

I worry though, if we dont win it this season, will offers come for Salah/Mane/VDV? Will their heads get turned?
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7391 on: March 4, 2019, 03:59:03 pm »
Yes. We need to mean business. Keep our best player, improve our team by getting a world class striker that can contribute as Firmino and score more than Firmino. We really need to let go of one of Milner/Hendo and Lallana/Studge/Moreno and maybe even Origi need to go. Get a top class midfielder (who can score/assist) to play with Keita and Fabinho. Get a defender to compete with Gomez, one of Matip/Lovren will have to go as well.

I worry though, if we dont win it this season, will offers come for Salah/Mane/VDV? Will their heads get turned?

We can tell them to fuck off. So what if offers come, sorry mate, you stay.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7392 on: March 4, 2019, 04:01:49 pm »
All three have signed long-term contracts. If they leave, it is going to be for a world record price, and I am confident we can find suitable replacements this time. But all that is moot, all three look settled here

9 games to go, and all to play for. We need to win the remaining 9 games now.

Offline Advil

• Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #7393 on: March 4, 2019, 04:02:03 pm »
We can tell them to fuck off. So what if offers come, sorry mate, you stay.

I agree mate but will they start having the shoulder injury shit that Phil use to have? Klopp is not the type of manager who keeps player that wants to leave.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7394 on: March 4, 2019, 04:02:54 pm »
I agree mate but will we have the shoulder injury shit that Phil use to have? Klopp is not the type of manager who keeps player that wants to leave.

Well Klopp doesnt own the players, the club does. He probably wanted Coutinho fucked off that summer but the club said no.

Offline Advil

• Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #7395 on: March 4, 2019, 04:05:07 pm »
All three have signed long-term contracts. If they leave, it is going to be for a world record price, and I am confident we can find suitable replacements this time. But all that is moot, all three look settled here

Yes..that is the spirit. We can still do the double.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7396 on: March 4, 2019, 04:05:48 pm »

We got the spine now. Virgil, Alisson and Fabinho are mentally tough and have won us points

Up front .. When we are off, we are really off , but then we play as a team who work for each other and get each others runs. The counter attacks we got against Everton, I expected us to score one and then weather out the 1-0 win

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7397 on: March 4, 2019, 04:07:06 pm »
Yes..that is the spirit. We can still do the double.

Ah but the title says chasing the title. We can discuss the champions league after beating Bayern

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7398 on: March 4, 2019, 04:21:56 pm »
That was the whole point in signing Van Dijk - to go from a team fighting for 4th to a team fighting for the title. Which is exactly what has happened.
Exactly.  It's almost Everton logic to say if we didn't have Van Dijk we wouldn't be where we are in the league.

Now the dust has settled on yesterday, I'm stil confident.  Our remaining 4 away games are almost ideal and we really should be winning them all even as just a top 4 side never mind one challenging for the title.  Our home record for almost 2 years has seen no defeats so bring on the rest of the season I say

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #7399 on: March 4, 2019, 04:31:11 pm »

Now this is a theory I can support. One game at a time, starting with Burnley on Sunday. There should be no regrets come season's end. Let's go for it knowing that all three players mentioned will be back for another shot next season despite what the media wish for. Virgil will lead us to the promised land, of that I have no doubt, just not sure which year.  :scarf :scarf :scarf