Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 112690 times)

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #240 on: January 9, 2011, 03:41:30 pm »
This was always going to be a difficult game for us.  Looking at the thread when the draw was announced there was a lot of pessimism about the result.

No doubt the penalty decision was a dodgy one, but there is a better argument for Gerrard's two footed challenge not getting punished.  Both feet off the ground and you are not going to get away with it - especially at Old Trafford.

Despite all that though, I think it was a good performance from us.  We seemed to play with a bit more heart, pressed a bit more and most of the players put in a good shift.

Think Torres being subbed might be a statement of intent from Dalglish.  He didnt have the best of games from what I saw and maybe he needs to know that he is not above being taken off.

Kelly was good, and its nice to see a young player taking a full part in an important game.

It was great to see Kenny back on the dugout in his club coat, our supporters played their part (God love them, they will still be stuck there for a while yet).

Overall, I can't say I am bothered about the score.  Yes, it would have been nice for us, and Kenny, if we had managed a win, but thins was the first step in a long process and I still feel that we have a better chance now than we did this time a couple of days ago when we had a different man in charge.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: January 9, 2011, 03:41:30 pm »
Much better performance by and large. Biggest thing for me was our defence, Kelly outstanding, has to be starting fullback now when fit. Most important of all, the hoof ball from the back four had gone. It was strange watching our back four bring the ball out, we look at alot more composed.

Dodgy penalty decision, can't make too much of it, you see them given week in week out especially wth Webb at Old Trafford.

Same for the red card, silly, silly challenge, he has a history of sliding two footed challenges with his feet off the ground. Again knowing who the ref was makes it an even sillier thing to do.

Disappointing to lose but if this was one match where I wanted to come away having seen an improvement irrespective of the result this was it.

It will be great watching us play positive attacking football again under Kenny.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #242 on: January 9, 2011, 03:41:38 pm »
If that's how King Kenny can change the team after only a few hours with them I can't wait until he's had them on the training pitch for a couple of weeks.

Keep you head up lads we are finally going in the right direction.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline IAN_ina_RUSH

• Main Stander
  • Gray - At 3-0 this is over...embarrasing!!
« Reply #243 on: January 9, 2011, 03:41:38 pm »
Game was decided by the ref in the first half, very soft penalty, and the red card was probably correct, but funny how Rafael gets away with no bookings at all.

I'm remarkably calm at the moment, considering we've lost to those Manc bastards. I'm happy with our fight and performance, Kenny has got these players belief back. Let's get stuck into the league, and not miss Gerrard too much, Raul and Lucas in the middle, and might be a chance for Cole to play in the hole.
Where was Cole today ?  I missed the build up and notice he was not even on the bench...surely better to have him ahead of Poulsen?   Could not fault the work ethic today, there was more passion for sure, felt we were sadly lacking a cutting edge still though.  Kelly and Reina stood out for me....think Torres has his eyes on a move for sure..pity.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: January 9, 2011, 03:41:39 pm »
A reminder to anyone who thought that it was just the manager that is the problem, it isn't, we're just not good enough.  And it's sad to say that one of the finest players I've ever seen in a red shirt no longer looks remotely interested in playing for us.

not good enough ?

10 men most of the match and they only scored by a dodgy pen. I would say we are great

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #245 on: January 9, 2011, 03:41:42 pm »
A reminder to anyone who thought that it was just the manager that is the problem, it isn't, we're just not good enough.  And it's sad to say that one of the finest players I've ever seen in a red shirt no longer looks remotely interested in playing for us.

You're full of it mate! We showed more passion and confidence in this game than the entire season so far !

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: January 9, 2011, 03:41:49 pm »
By the way anyone notice the unfortunate timing when the ITV cameras showed one of our supporters in full voice?

to be honest, supporters ( who should know far better ) singing those kind of songs deserve close ups for everyone in the world to see. I was sickened when I saw that, the only annoyance I had during the game. ( gerrard/pen aside!! )

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #247 on: January 9, 2011, 03:41:50 pm »
Best thing i took from this is that THE BALL STAYED ON THE GROUND! Nice to see less of the hoofing....really made me happy.
Well in lads..and well in travelling kop.

Look what happens when you play Agger...
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline AFX

• Kopite
« Reply #248 on: January 9, 2011, 03:41:51 pm »
Kenny out
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline OldCold

• Lock 'em all up! A spell in the army would do 'em all good! Police State? Yes please! Has bookmarked the Daily Mail's editorial.
  • Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
« Reply #249 on: January 9, 2011, 03:41:57 pm »
People it was a red card, Stevie was an idiot and let the team down.
OldCold has merked so many people over the last 5 hours. Awesome.
OldCold you are an enigma.

Offline jeff goldbloom

• Kemlynite
« Reply #250 on: January 9, 2011, 03:42:05 pm »
disappointed with the score but not with the performance and spirit. YNWA!
H&G, kindly please gtfo

Offline robbie96

• Legacy Fan
  • Cometh the hour, Cometh the man!
« Reply #251 on: January 9, 2011, 03:42:10 pm »
Firstly, great commentary once again RAWK !! :wave

More positives then negatives for me ... but, I'm a gal! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B4dZyIEiMs

Onward, gentlemen ... "up the table"  ;)

Iain Macintosh via Twitter:
Bosingwa almost starts a riot by getting subbed and trudging off the pitch like a old border collie making his final trip to the vet.

Offline dioufythebrave

• but Dim.
  • Kopite
« Reply #252 on: January 9, 2011, 03:42:19 pm »
you can just tell kenny doesnt take shit, and will be fully in control of the dressing room..
you just know he will command fucking respect and get it from the players
if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best

I'll make two predictions of this...Carroll won't score 3 PL goals total for the rest of the year and we won't score 5 against any team all year.  We might still get CL football without either happening.

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: January 9, 2011, 03:42:28 pm »
Jonjo to start in Gerrard's place while he's suspended IMO.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #254 on: January 9, 2011, 03:42:34 pm »
What a day for Jonjo Shelvey, great to see him on.

Don't think Lucas was best pleased with his free kick attempt!

Shame we didn't create a few more chances second half, Fabio's freekick was excellent but as a keeper
Kuszcazk knew exactly what he had in mind.

We saw pride and passion in the shirt, a better formation, some truly excellent defending, all in all it was a proper cup
tie aswell but Webb ruined the game with the peno decision.

Our domestic trophy season is over unfortunately but we still have the Europa League to fight for.

Kenny could only offer his tuppence worth today as he said himself, facing into the derby without Stevie is a tough prospect
but it gives someone else a chance.

By the way anyone notice the unfortunate timing when the ITV cameras showed one of our supporters in full voice?

Yep saw that. Wasn't great to see
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline eitzel

• ong way to Tipperary
  • Legacy Fan
  • Didnt even know Probe had moved
« Reply #255 on: January 9, 2011, 03:42:34 pm »
Massively proud of the lads today, it was fuckin 10 against 12 today and we played with loads of heart.

The team generally looked very organised and had a very robust feel, if we could get Nando's spark back we will be formidable again.

Thought most of the team were excellent, Kelly was my MOM.

'An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. '

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: January 9, 2011, 03:42:36 pm »
Lucas still has not got much improvement, I would sell him in this summer

WUM

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #257 on: January 9, 2011, 03:42:43 pm »
Two people let us down today. One deserves some slack after all he'd done for us. One is a bald, cataract-ridden twat with a propensity to wear black.

Offline trapdoorberk

• Boys Pen
« Reply #258 on: January 9, 2011, 03:42:46 pm »
Thought kelly was boss.
good to see us going for something instead of just rolling over.
YNWA
''Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of greyskull, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your KOP and your staff, they comfort me''

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: January 9, 2011, 03:42:47 pm »
Played well, but it was always going to be difficult when Stevie got sent off...

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #260 on: January 9, 2011, 03:42:51 pm »

Do one.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #261 on: January 9, 2011, 03:43:01 pm »
Unfortunately nothing can stop Man Utd from playing 12 men at home and Mr Webb performed as brilliantly as ever.

Howard Webb SYMM.

Berbatov slimey fucking cheating c*nt.

Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Online Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #262 on: January 9, 2011, 03:43:05 pm »
Torres didnt get much of a chance today, shackled well by uniteds back line. We need more pace in the team to make full use of him, thats where the issue lies, our other players are still too far away from him. Gerrard was too far from him for the 31 mins he was on the pitch, lucas and miereless do lack pace and drive which meant gerrard was coming back too far. We really need to get in a quality pacey wide player asap. After Kelly's performance, he should stay in the team and johnson moved further up. Our right hand side looks much more solid with him there.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #263 on: January 9, 2011, 03:43:11 pm »
what exactly do we have to do to avoid Howard fuckin Webb officiating our games at the Toilet?? 

This is really beyond a joke now,when will someone from the club finally say these things about Webb in public?? 

other than that,this was the best game of the season,Kenny picked the perfect team and we could have won it if it wasn't for Webb!

good days ahead.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #264 on: January 9, 2011, 03:43:16 pm »

Are you just trying to illustrate why you chose that username?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #265 on: January 9, 2011, 03:43:32 pm »

Mate, you let this forum down every time you post.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: January 9, 2011, 03:43:51 pm »
Not bad from the team considering.  Showed a bit of heart and passing not too bad.  Webb  should be refunding some of those ticket prices for ruining what was shaping up to be a good game.  But then we can't have UTD's bye into the next round under threat.  Cue a pen for a blatent dive and very dubious sending off.  Why does Webb keep getting these games at OT?  At least Dalglish made a point of speaking to him.  He'll not be the type to accept ridiculous decisions.

Webb is a wanker.

Edit: Kelly should start every game at RB.  Maybe find a spot for Johnson further forward, but RB should be Kelly's.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 03:45:42 pm by TSC »

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: January 9, 2011, 03:43:53 pm »
you can just tell kenny doesnt take shit, and will be fully in control of the dressing room..
you just know he will command fucking respect and get it from the players

It's an important factor isn't it, you just can't see there being much player power now?

Offline Enemy

• Fairly low-maintenance pritsatoixouphobic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: January 9, 2011, 03:43:54 pm »

You were just watching the same game, weren't you?
Enemy, at that time, and now, I cant think of anything good to say about her. She's still being a c*nt

Offline Mikeebee

• Legacy Fan
  • You've won a Blankety Blank Cheque Book & Pen
« Reply #269 on: January 9, 2011, 03:43:54 pm »

Go back to your moonboots ;)  It looked worse because they slowed it down, granted it could have gone either way, it just depends on the ref
JFT 96 YNWA
@mikeebee7

Offline Jezza789

• Anny Roader
« Reply #270 on: January 9, 2011, 03:44:03 pm »
I loved hearing the judas "where were you in istanbul" chant. It was boss

Offline TheDpoLenz without the please like

• Loves to cream himself - but never on the face... cainarbatonmai
  • Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #271 on: January 9, 2011, 03:44:04 pm »
Imagine if that twat arrested you  :butt he would plant evidence if he had to..just strikes me as that type of guy that if he doesnt like ya he will go out of his way to destroy you  :wanker

Offline LFC Forever

• In danger of being Muted Forever.....
  • Main Stander
« Reply #272 on: January 9, 2011, 03:44:05 pm »
Great performance by the lads. ball on the ground and a whole half with 10 men and Utd only win by a goal from a dodgy penalty. Good workrate: Kelly impressed me, Shelvey (got a bit crazy but hes young), Skrtel played well, Reina superb, Babbel grafted and regardless to whom or what that was never a sending off for Gerrad. I used play central midfield myself for the local teams and I love a player getting stuck in - Its a derby cup match! Is this the same ref that gave a yellow card to De Jong when he gave Alonso a Karate front kick in his chest in the world cup final.

Offline bobo333

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #273 on: January 9, 2011, 03:44:06 pm »
What fucking game were you watching? That was miles better you tool.

completely agree with this.  the result wasn't kind but the players looked much better, even down to 10 men.  playing was miles better than any away game under hodgson
What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example. ~ Kenny Dalglish

Long live the King.

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: January 9, 2011, 03:44:09 pm »
Lucas still has not got much improvement, I would sell him in this summer
Thankfully you don't have to make that decision because obviously you don't know what you're talking about.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: January 9, 2011, 03:44:14 pm »
What fucking game were you watching? That was miles better you tool.

Thanks for your considered views.  If you think Torres was miles better today, you must be high on drugs

Offline Mrfabulous

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: January 9, 2011, 03:44:33 pm »
A much improved performance, just a shame Howard webbs a c*nt and berbatovs a cheat.

Can't argue against gerrards red, it was a two footed challenge but can't help thinking a utd player would've got away with a yellow.

I am far more hopeful for the rest of the season than I was two days ago.

Long live the king.

Offline koppper

• Berrg
  • Kopite
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #277 on: January 9, 2011, 03:44:34 pm »
Dissapointed by the result but probably the best we have played this season, and thats all I was looking for.
My postillion has been struck by lightning

I am the berrgman

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #278 on: January 9, 2011, 03:44:37 pm »
Ok, we've lost, but I don't feel that disappointed.  Miles better performance from the lads.  You could see there was some sort of tactical plan to our play today, which was refreshing after the past 6 months.

Kelly was superb.  Jonjo made a nice little cameo when he came on.  I think Pepe grew a couple of arms to make that collection of saves late on in the game.

Much more spirited attitude all round today.

And the travelling Kop were absolutely superb too.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #279 on: January 9, 2011, 03:44:44 pm »
I saw a team out there that played for the shirt, with much better attitude and tactics, and a manager not afraid to take of an underperforming superstar. 

Works for me!
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS