Author Topic: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game  (Read 112994 times)

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 post game
« Reply #440 on: January 9, 2011, 04:00:08 pm »
Agree. It was a tough tackle, a bad one even, but wish people would actually look at it properly, because for me it wasn't two footed. He lunged in, yes, but one angle shows that he didn't lunge in two footed.

Completely agree,actually they both lunged in.
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline DM Red

• no it wasnt a knee jerk - just a jerk....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #441 on: January 9, 2011, 04:00:20 pm »
Rafa always stressed that the small details make the difference.

we had that today with Mereiles's poor effort going in for that 50/50 with Rafael.  that of course happened in the build up to Gerrard's sending off.

and if that wasnt bad enough a similar situation arose at the start of the second half where Mereiles failed to win another 50/50 with Rafael again (i think) with another timid effort. very disappointing.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #442 on: January 9, 2011, 04:00:30 pm »
Absolutely disgusted with that total scumbag of a ref Howard Webb.

Not only is he a shit referee, he´s a lime light loving twat.

That peno was not a hard situation to judge, but he wanted to award a penalty.

I´m fucking livid.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #443 on: January 9, 2011, 04:00:36 pm »
I did laugh out loud when they announced Berbatov as MOTM.

Well, since they cannot give it to Webb, than they should give it to someone else who help Webb created the difference in the game ... :P
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: January 9, 2011, 04:00:58 pm »
Webb sent Gerrard off purely and completely because of the reactions of the Man United players. He couldn't have seen the tackle properly from his position.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: January 9, 2011, 04:01:10 pm »
Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish: "The two decisions are important factors in the game. If you take those away, our players showed great commitment because it's a difficult place to play. The supporters stayed with us for the whole game and the players worked tremendously hard. I don't think it's a penalty kick. The referee didn't blow instantly for the sending off..."

Offline smarties

• the have only answer
  • Main Stander
  • The King is "ALIVE" long live the King!
« Reply #446 on: January 9, 2011, 04:01:10 pm »
I have never been so happy after a game. A great performance from the lads. Morrientes is a wuss though and doubts are creeping in for me. Why am I happy. Well I just cant stop smiling after seeing Kenny ruling the roost again and that was a fantastic team performance. Can there be ANY doubt into who is the best RB at the club after that immense performance from Kelly. The guy is a rock, just superb today he was. Well done lads. Aint going to comment on the manner of the result, no need.
The King is "ALIVE" long live the King!

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: January 9, 2011, 04:01:19 pm »
Kenny Dalglish: "Every time you leave the floor, is it now a red card?" and on the penalty, "It's not a penalty kick"
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Rome_1977

• Main Stander
« Reply #448 on: January 9, 2011, 04:01:19 pm »
Agree. It was a tough tackle, a bad one even, but wish people would actually look at it properly, because for me it wasn't two footed. He lunged in, yes, but one angle shows that he didn't lunge in two footed.

Is absolutely spot on. 

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
« Reply #449 on: January 9, 2011, 04:01:29 pm »
I thought Webb was in center midfield ?  Suppose it shows how good he was tonight.  Cracking game from him.  Was all over the pitch and the assist was vital.

Surely it doesn't matter where he plays...anyone who can outperform Sir Ryan The Holiest Saviour of men, women and children Giggs OBE CBE MBE PHD deserves special praise
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #450 on: January 9, 2011, 04:01:41 pm »
Wow! From being trounced by Wolves to matching United for most of the game with ten men and that's the lesson you take from the game. You're right that Torres is off form but where does all this "not remotely interested in playing for us" shite come from?

Apt username.

You go Alan.

Proud of the team today and that was a massive improvement.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: January 9, 2011, 04:01:44 pm »
Rafa always stressed that the small details make the difference.

we had that today with Meireles's poor effort going in for that 50/50 with Rafael.  that of course happened in the build up to Gerrard's sending off.

The 50/50 with Rafael where Rafael went in 2 footed and should have been booked?

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #452 on: January 9, 2011, 04:01:52 pm »
A ref gives a pen when he's blindsided by the defender making the challenge, and overrules a linesman who is looking directly side on to it and gave nothing.
He really is shite.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #453 on: January 9, 2011, 04:01:55 pm »
Bring on Blackpool.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Miracle@Istanbul

• Anny Roader
« Reply #454 on: January 9, 2011, 04:01:59 pm »
Seems to be the story of the Manc's season, they did not have to do a lot to win that game, this time it was due to the Ref's help.

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: January 9, 2011, 04:02:21 pm »
Man Utd's season photo:

Offline Free Kuyt

• Anny Roader
  • Freak out
« Reply #456 on: January 9, 2011, 04:02:32 pm »
Performance to be proud of. Thought we were at least as good as them at 11 v 11 and really dug in and fought with 10.

And what's the criticism of Nando about? He held it up well, linked play as we got forward, got stuck in at times, and it's not like he missed chances or was getting the ball to feet to run at the defence or getting played in... he's got every right to look disappointed without bullshit interpretations of his 'body language' every millisecond.

Kelly, motm. And Lucas put the yards in with 10 men. Great effort.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: January 9, 2011, 04:02:38 pm »
Screwed out of it by the most overrated referee in football today. Very proud of the performance from the lads today. It feels so good to have our club back.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Scousebeef

• Kopite
  • BELIEVER!
« Reply #458 on: January 9, 2011, 04:02:39 pm »
Im not gutted at all! we are currently just coming out of a crisis and I was impressed with Kenny's Liverpool today! The mans just stepped off the plane and they havent had the chance to train under him yet. What they did today was simply because he knows how to lift his men and give them confidence. If it had been Hodgsons game we would have lost 4-0 !!

The majority of the team had their spirit back and they seemed focused, they had a plan and werent standing around the pitch like a gang of useless cocks like they have been doing for the last few months.
It was always going to be a very difficult game especially with Webb holding the cards. The pen was clearly a dive no doubt about it and Webb has always been Uniteds best player against us!

Im pleased with the way the lads played it is a massive difference over Hodgsons games! Now we can concentrate on climbing the table!  :)
"you have to change from being a doubter to a believer"
-Jurgén Klopp-

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: January 9, 2011, 04:02:42 pm »
Webb sent Gerrard off purely and completely because of the reactions of the Man United players. He couldn't have seen the tackle properly from his position.

If you see the replay mate he wasnt even looking until the last second so how the fuck he gave it i dont know, well actually like you say the reaction of the united players made up his mind.  Terrible decision.
PSN:lr3487

Offline soberphobia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: January 9, 2011, 04:02:51 pm »
I really enjoyed the game. Sounds odd but i wasn't really that bothered about the result because we really need to focus on getting up the table in the league as much as possible. I wanted to look at the youngsters. Kelly was terriffic. Looks like a  born CB to me but what would i know. Shelvey looked good to me robbed them of posession more than once and did it very well. The free kick where he saw the keeper not watching the ball and tried to shoot shows a guy who has a bit of thinking and some confidence to. Babel lookd good on occasion but perhaps wasn't in it as much as he would of liked.

All in all was a positive result. Have some genuine youngsters coming through. Still weak in the wide areas but we know that.
24 hours in a day 24 cans in a carton coincidence?

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: January 9, 2011, 04:02:57 pm »
I really rate him, but I think Aurelio had a difficult game today...especially in possession.  I thought for sure he'd redeem himself with that free kick, but it was a good save.
Yeah I think he did struggle today a bit, but he did come into it more in the second half.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline JK-3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FC Farcelona
« Reply #462 on: January 9, 2011, 04:03:35 pm »
Twitter: twitter.com/JK_Liverpool      PSN: JACK_LFC_94

Offline GerrardL

• Anny Roader
« Reply #463 on: January 9, 2011, 04:03:44 pm »
Man Utd's season photo:

The best team in EPL

Offline RobbyR

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • A retro red from another generation
« Reply #464 on: January 9, 2011, 04:03:56 pm »
Well they did a 2 footed challenge, not a blow, not a yellow, not a free kick
we do one and an instant red.

that is just not fair "so called ref,"

a dive by the lazy bularian, and a pen within 30 seconds, i dont know why we even bothered going
it was worth it just to see Kenny back though, we were pissing in the wind 12 v 10
A red since 67

Offline disainit

• Anny Roader
« Reply #465 on: January 9, 2011, 04:04:00 pm »
We got robbed by Howard Webb again. I should be frustrated, but I'm at peace with the world again! Still can't believe NESV got Kenny back for us.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: January 9, 2011, 04:04:16 pm »

Offline Red_Ross

• Boys Pen
« Reply #467 on: January 9, 2011, 04:04:23 pm »
Not gonna lose any sleep about the result, as it was always expected, especially given who the referee was.

But it was good to see the team back to playing with Gerrard in a more advanced role and Mereiles in the middle. Kelly and Aurelio in the full-back positions was also a relief. There's so much to take from that game today, and it should, hopefully, propel the team into the Blackpool game in the perfect frame of mind.

The back four and Pepe were excellent, Lucas played his usual game, Torres looked livelier until Gerrard went off, even Babel looked the part briefly when he came on. Just good to see everyone pulling in the same direction again and the players actually being allowed to attack. ::)

It might sound strange after a defeat but it's the first time in a long time I've been looking forward to the next game. ;D

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: January 9, 2011, 04:04:38 pm »
Yeah I think he did struggle today a bit, but he did come into it more in the second half.

He did, but he was still giving the ball away with errant passes.  His positioning was better though...I rate him a lot, that's why I was a bit shocked at it...

Offline LFC Forever

• In danger of being Muted Forever.....
  • Main Stander
« Reply #469 on: January 9, 2011, 04:04:39 pm »
Key thing today. The team pressed and went for the game. Once the players get back to passing the ball and moving in training and we add some players we will be on to a flyer.

Martin Kelly has shown that we dont need a new right back, we need cover for Aurelio, cover for Agger, a left winger and definateley another striker whose sharp and scores goals. I kinda like the 4-1-4-1 formation I think it could work in away matches against lesser teams we would have won that match.

Proud of the lads. And one again as for that sending off. We all like to see a Central midfielder not take any messing - thats why we loved Souness, Jimmy Case, Carrager and gerrard. Yes it was foul, yellow card yes, red NO! What was gonna do let the Utd CM's dominate the midfield, hell no.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: January 9, 2011, 04:04:42 pm »

Gerrard himself said to a United payer "behave... it was one foot".
I can understand why it was given, considering venue, pressue and the fact it looked like a lunge.
But it was a yellow.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline D0GFACE

• "..... there'snoplacelikehome ..... there'snoplacelikehome ....."
  • Kopite
« Reply #471 on: January 9, 2011, 04:04:43 pm »
Decent performance from us I thought, they needed a suspect decision as per usual to win! :)
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #472 on: January 9, 2011, 04:04:55 pm »
Not that disappointed just feel conned like I normally do with the refs (Atkinson and Mason) we have in our games.

Let's start with Pepe, looked a bit tetchy at times but in the 2nd half he was fucking superb, was a moment where he made 5 consecutive saves.

The back 4 are definately setup differently now, noticeably when we had 11 men we played higher up even with the pace of Hernandez to run in behind. Thought Agger was superb in his defensive duties as was Skrtel (though he really needs to get rid of that shirt pulling habit at corners), both were brilliant on the ball bar a few overeager passes from Skrtel, just not hoofing that ball made so much of a difference even when we had 10 men. The full backs I thought did well, Kelly got absolutely fuck all support from Kuyt which was disappointing as that was the reason Dirk was probably picked to track back Evra, but Evra and Giggs were constantly doubling up, which Meireles did well to see and cover for the time he was on the pitch. Kelly had a great game though, tried to stop crosses getting in rather than let them get in and have the centre backs have to deal with them. On the otherside Aurelio kept Nani quiet bar a few moments where Rafael was allowed to overlap. Great performance from the back 4 as a unit, they didn't concede a goal, that shit was gifted to them.

Midfield was a bit of an odd one for this game, of course with Stevie's sending off it made it a completely different game. At the start though it was a 3 man midfield, Stevie had the freedom of the pitch but dropped deep to exchange passes well with Raul and Lucas. Lucas I thought was brilliant, kept the ball well, pinging it around, and was everywhere like a duracell bunny, even getting forward when down to 10 men. Raul kind of let down the midfield unit in the second half, I think it was a good change to take him off. Shelvey did ok when he came on, but he has a lot to learn yet about central midfield positioning, he'll be on a similar learning curve to Lucas.

In my opinion it seemed we had set up as so

Lucas

Raul        Gerrard

with Gerrard having freedom of the town and Raul dropping into the wide positions to cover for the scum's overlapping full backs.

Finally the 3 forward men, though we had the same setup as Rafa, I think Kenny's initial thought was that one of the midfielders should cover any runs from Rafael and Maxi would play higher up and narrower, and stay near Nando. I thought Maxi did his job very well, can't remember him giving away the ball and he was always in position to accept a pass and be a good outlet. On the other side of the pitch I think Dirk was given more work, he was going to play narrower and close to Nando but had to also cover Evra's runs and help out Kelly which I don't think he did to well. I got a bit frustrated with him in the second half as he kept losing the ball or doing silly passes. He ran his bollocks off though.
Nando actually looked up for it today to me, when we had 11 men, it looked like he just needed a half chance and he was going to do something, he ran his socks off today as the two centre backs inevitably once we down to 10 and could not press just passed between themselves. He had to be taken off just for being knackered out from chasing the ball. Did quite a few things well, other things not so well but you can see returning to this system is going to help him.

Overall teamplay even when down to 10 was about retaining possession, recycling it, moving it from left to right and back if needed to find space with either Aurelio's good delivery or Kelly's overlapping runs. We had a lot of shots from distance but nothing to threatening for the scum. You could see when we had 11 how we had 2/3 players pressing in groups and it showed as Evans and Ferdinand resorted to hoofing the ball up to their forwards which Agger and Skrtel dealt with ease.
The delightful thing was seeing both our centre halfs and our fullbacks, all who have been culpable of taking the easy way out this season with long balls, playing it short to the midfield, playing it to the wide players and being ready to receive passes all the time.

It's disappointing to lose like so but it looks good to see that we've already got out that thinking we are a mid table team and playing like one rut. Let's see how it progresses against Blackpool, hopefully give them a spanking.

I hope Pacheco gets a shout in the hole against them now Stevie's out!

I should add, we definately need a pacy player on the left hand side of the pitch, whether that be a winger or a full back. Luckily on the right hand side both our right backs have good speed and can overlap very well. Aurelio on the other side has great delivery but won't be overlapping as often. Babel was dodge today as usual, he needs to think quicker on the ball.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 04:06:32 pm by rapcage »
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #473 on: January 9, 2011, 04:05:13 pm »
Martin Skrtel hasn't been mentioned by many.

I thought long ago that he and Daniel Agger were our future CB pairing and he made endless blocks
and interceptions today, I think they compliment each other.

The marking when Evans hit the post was a worry but once Kenny (and hopefully Steve Clarke) get the time to adress
these matters hopefully we'll see such lapses eradicated.

Maxi and Meireles didn't give great accounts of themselves on the whole but hopefully they can bounce back v Blackpool
if selected.

All in all a very pleasing display, who knows what we might have done second half with Stevie on the field.

Can't remember the last time we had a double substitution!

As other have said, this had to be the most upbeat I have ever been not long after losing to them,
the feel good factor is here, we have a man who knows how to get the best out of players, a man who is revered,
a man who isn't afraid to make changes when necessary, who can bring the team together and get us playing as a unit
as we did under Rafa in our best periods over the last few seasons.

Roll on Blackpool!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline vitri

• Pool Baron (on away goals). Shit scared of Enemy.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pro-Rafa. Hates it when people say "EPL"
« Reply #474 on: January 9, 2011, 04:05:24 pm »
Credit to Mr Alex Ferguson for playing webb up front with berbatov, quite the tactician!

Yes but this season he's been at fault tactically for not including that Own Goal fella who did so well last season.

As for us...

You have to say we really put in a shift today. I thought we defended better than we have of late, we pressed more and further up the pitch, we played more of a passing game and considering a lot of us would have been worried about a heavy loss even a few days ago, there's plenty of positive things to take from this game. Kenny's not even been working with the side as manager for an entire day, remember.

As for Torres I have the feeling the change in the way we play will suit him, and it will hopefully be enough to perk up his interest. I don't think he's not trying, it's hard to find the extra sharpness to your game when you've been browbeaten and playing in a system that doesn't suit you. It's early days, there's time for him yet.
Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #475 on: January 9, 2011, 04:05:26 pm »
Torres was very isolated after Gerard went off, so I don't think it's fair to criticise him too much, thought he did okay.

That's blatant favoritism of the highest degree, especially given the harsh words for Meireles (somewhat deserved), Jonjo (completely out of left field, totally undeserved) and Maxi (what?).

Not only is it fair to criticize him, NOT criticizing him for this lazy AND ineffective performance would be completely and totally unfair, both to him and to every other LFC player.

The time for giving stars easy passes on account of past accomplishments and their talent is in the past.

Torres stunk up the place (hard to imagine this particular place stinking up worse, I know) and that's all there's to it, in my opinion. And it was not due to Gerrard not being there, not due to 'lack of service', not due to defenders mauling him with impunity. It was all down to him being lazy.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: January 9, 2011, 04:05:29 pm »
take a 24hr rest
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 04:08:23 pm by Pheeny »
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline smicer07

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: January 9, 2011, 04:05:43 pm »
Nice to see the whole team play a good 10 yards or so further forward than we've played all season.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: January 9, 2011, 04:05:49 pm »
Proud of our lads today, kept fighting even when it was apparent that all the odds were against us, some nice interchanges.

Highlight of the game for me was when Utd had a corner that Pepe misjudged it and the ball came back & forth between us and them, it was always an open net for them but we were fighting tooth & nail to prevent them from scoring, under Roy that'd have never happened but today each & every one of the lads sacrificed their body to let the ball not enter the net.

2-3 players being brought with the youngsters like Pacheco, Shelvey, Wilson & Kelly getting more chances and I can see us fighting (not necessarily taking but fighting) for forth.

Offline Rome_1977

• Main Stander
« Reply #479 on: January 9, 2011, 04:06:08 pm »
Performance to be proud of. Thought we were at least as good as them at 11 v 11 and really dug in and fought with 10.

And what's the criticism of Nando about? He held it up well, linked play as we got forward, got stuck in at times, and it's not like he missed chances or was getting the ball to feet to run at the defence or getting played in... he's got every right to look disappointed without bullshit interpretations of his 'body language' every millisecond.

Kelly, motm. And Lucas put the yards in with 10 men. Great effort.

I have to take issue with your view of Torres, he looks disinterested, in a 50:50 scenario will pull out and whilst he does some things majestically he is so far off the races it is untrue! He needs to wise up..Infact if we are to salvage anything from this season we need him to wise up. And i really do not think he is holding the ball up at all well, nor has he doen since his injury last year.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 04:14:37 pm by Rome_1977 »