Author Topic: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs  (Read 88640 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs
« Reply #1280 on: January 27, 2024, 08:14:51 am »
They can concentrate on finishing above Liverpool now. Neville called it, if they get knocked out of all the cups, its a sign of how good they are.

Ha, yep. They are out and were outclassed in the last trophy they can win and that makes them really dangerous .

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1281 on: January 29, 2024, 01:29:05 pm »
For the first time at @SpursStadium we're staging a mobile phone light show against Brentford on Wednesday evening — enabling supporters to play their part in adding to the atmosphere 🙌
https://x.com/SpursOfficial/status/1751923601412878438?s=20

:lmao

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1282 on: January 29, 2024, 01:30:41 pm »
I don’t know why you’re laughing!

This could be just the thing that galvanises them to the title
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1283 on: January 29, 2024, 01:31:41 pm »
Will they also turn the lights off in the cheese room?
AHA!

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1284 on: January 29, 2024, 01:57:32 pm »
For the first time at @SpursStadium we're staging a mobile phone light show against Brentford on Wednesday evening — enabling supporters to play their part in adding to the atmosphere 🙌

Weirdos.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1285 on: January 29, 2024, 01:59:19 pm »
Weirdos.

Really is utterly strange, is it not?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1286 on: January 29, 2024, 02:04:27 pm »

I hadn't realised, but it seems like a light show is a regular thing at their stadium.

Below is an example. It has almost everything you could want from a pre-match light show: lights, a generic slightly-slowed-down breathy-woman tinkly-piano cover of Bitter Sweet Symphony, segueing seamlessly into a slightly sped up, generic drum and bass cover of Bitter Sweet Symphony, finishing off with a muted Trumpet solo cover of Bitter Sweet Symphony.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zjWzbwH7l4w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zjWzbwH7l4w</a>

I think anyone will agree that the only thing that is really missing is the lack of action on the phone light front. Yeah, they're on, but could they not be doing a bit more on and off action? Perhaps blinking a a morse code cover of Bitter Sweet Symphony?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1287 on: January 29, 2024, 02:09:02 pm »

I hadn't realised, but it seems like a light show is a regular thing at their stadium.

Below is an example. It has almost everything you could want from a pre-match light show: lights, a generic slightly-slowed-down breathy-woman tinkly-piano cover of Bitter Sweet Symphony, segueing seamlessly into a slightly sped up, generic drum and bass cover of Bitter Sweet Symphony, finishing off with a muted Trumpet solo cover of Bitter Sweet Symphony.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zjWzbwH7l4w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zjWzbwH7l4w</a>

I think anyone will agree that the only thing that is really missing is the lack of action on the phone light front. Yeah, they're on, but could they not be doing a bit more on and off action? Perhaps blinking a a morse code cover of Bitter Sweet Symphony?
I think we're going to have to retire YNWA and install a few lights before we get left behind.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #1288 on: January 29, 2024, 02:21:17 pm »

they may as well go full time with the NFL gams
 :puke2

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1289 on: January 29, 2024, 02:33:28 pm »

Sounds like a fucking Coldplay concert.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1290 on: January 29, 2024, 04:08:48 pm »
enabling supporters to play their part in adding to the atmosphere
Isn't that what supporters are generally doing anyway? ???

Edit: There's some great comments in that thread though ;D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 04:11:16 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1291 on: January 31, 2024, 11:04:27 pm »
Why are these dickheads doing a darts celebration ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1292 on: February 1, 2024, 08:22:21 am »
Why are these lovely multi-talented Spurs players doing a darts celebration ?

Maddison is a big fan of darts so he always celebrates like that. Maupay scored the first goal for Brentford and decided to do the darts celebration in front of the home fans which riled everyone up. Then when we took the lead a couple of the other players did it to take the piss back. Oh the drama of it all!

.....oh and you're such a bunch of old farts not enjoying a good old light show!!!  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: February 1, 2024, 08:24:05 am by Tommy_W »

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #1293 on: February 1, 2024, 10:38:31 am »
Easy to say from a perch....but all a bit small time isn't it?

You've got Maupay giving it large early in a match, when he's scored like 5 goals in three years. And you've then got Spurs, who you'd think would be above that, giving it large back. And all because of this embarrassing darts celebration from a 27 year old who has achieved so little in his career, and the one trophy he did win he played very little part in. I know Saka did it earlier in the season as well. All a bit embarrassing and honestly might give a little indication into why those teams (Arsenal included) aren't achieving much. I just can't imagine Mo Salah or Bernardo Silva doing it.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1294 on: February 1, 2024, 10:40:43 am »
Will they also turn the lights off in the cheese room?

Not the cheese room!

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1295 on: February 1, 2024, 10:47:20 am »
Easy to say from a perch....but all a bit small time isn't it?

You've got Maupay giving it large early in a match, when he's scored like 5 goals in three years. And you've then got Spurs, who you'd think would be above that, giving it large back. And all because of this embarrassing darts celebration from a 27 year old who has achieved so little in his career, and the one trophy he did win he played very little part in. I know Saka did it earlier in the season as well. All a bit embarrassing and honestly might give a little indication into why those teams (Arsenal included) aren't achieving much. I just can't imagine Mo Salah or Bernardo Silva doing it.

I mean, he's a Premier League footballer so he's already in the top 0.1% of people in his industry.

I find Maddison annoying, he strikes me as someone who absolutely loves Soccer AM, but to suggest he's acheived little when he's a capped international playing for Spurs is unbelievably harsh.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #1296 on: February 1, 2024, 10:54:28 am »
I mean, he's a Premier League footballer so he's already in the top 0.1% of people in his industry.

I find Maddison annoying, he strikes me as someone who absolutely loves Soccer AM, but to suggest he's acheived little when he's a capped international playing for Spurs is unbelievably harsh.

Sorry let me rephrase 'from a 27 year old who has achieved so much in his career compared to most non-league, League 2, League 1, Championship, Segunda Division, Campeonato Brasileiro and many more players....but also maybe not enough to warrant parading himself as some megastar like he does when he's achieved less than the likes of Marc Albrighton and Danny Simpson, and similar to Callum McManaman and Ben Watson'.

Anyway. Small time :)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1297 on: February 1, 2024, 10:54:53 am »
I like Maddison.  Maupay is a twat and if he'd mimicked one of our lad's celebrations after scoring against us, the amount of seething on here would power the country for the rest of the year.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1298 on: February 1, 2024, 10:59:57 am »
Sorry let me rephrase 'from a 27 year old who has achieved so much in his career compared to most non-league, League 2, League 1, Championship, Segunda Division, Campeonato Brasileiro and many more players....but also maybe not enough to warrant parading himself as some megastar like he does when he's achieved less than the likes of Marc Albrighton and Danny Simpson, and similar to Callum McManaman and Ben Watson'.

I think you're overthinking it mate, it's a cringey celebration from a cringey individual, I don't think he's parading himself as a megastar.

He just strikes me as such a typical Spurs player, quite good, quite dangerous but you just know he'd go missing when it comes to it in a massive match and they need a goal. Reminds me a bit of David Bentley.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1299 on: February 1, 2024, 11:04:55 am »
I think you're overthinking it mate, it's a cringey celebration from a cringey individual, I don't think he's parading himself as a megastar.

He just strikes me as such a typical Spurs player, quite good, quite dangerous but you just know he'd go missing when it comes to it in a massive match and they need a goal. Reminds me a bit of David Bentley.
I heard Postecoglu's interview after the match and he seemed to be saying the same thing.  To paraphrase, they need to change that mentality and concentrate on playing football.

The initial media love in was a bit off-putting but I've certainly warmed to Postecoglu.  If, as seems likely, he leads a post-Kane Spurs into the CL next season then he's done a very good job whilst also playing entertaining, if a bit naïve/kamikaze, football.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1300 on: February 1, 2024, 11:06:13 am »
I think we're going to have to retire YNWA and install a few lights before we get left behind.

You know some belters who 'support' us on social media will take your point seriously?

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1301 on: February 1, 2024, 11:08:13 am »
I heard Postecoglu's interview after the match and he seemed to be saying the same thing.  To paraphrase, they need to change that mentality and concentrate on playing football.

The initial media love in was a bit off-putting but I've certainly warmed to Postecoglu.  If, as seems likely, he leads a post-Kane Spurs into the CL next season then he's done a very good job whilst also playing entertaining, if a bit naïve/kamikaze, football.

I like Postecoglu, ever since he was Aussie boss and was a breath of fresh air at Celtic.

He's spot on with his post-match comments regarding the dart throwing fiasco. Really petty and you could tell he was fed up with it, said as much during the interview. He's a sound guy.

(This doesn't mean I want him to become Liverpool boss).

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1302 on: February 1, 2024, 11:09:47 am »
I like Maddison.  Maupay is a twat and if he'd mimicked one of our lad's celebrations after scoring against us, the amount of seething on here would power the country for the rest of the year.

That’s football in general isn’t it. Pretty fun when someone takes the piss out of another team. Not so funny when it happens to you. Maddison taking it so personally was pretty funny but he got to have the last laugh.

He’s probably harmless but he is a bit annoying. The Soccer AM comment made me chuckle.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1303 on: February 1, 2024, 11:12:07 am »
That’s football in general isn’t it. Pretty fun when someone takes the piss out of another team. Not so funny when it happens to you. Maddison taking it so personally was pretty funny but he got to have the last laugh.

He’s probably harmless but he is a bit annoying. The Soccer AM comment made me chuckle.

I'd put money on his mates calling him 'Madders'.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1304 on: February 1, 2024, 11:22:59 am »

And him calling them ‘melt’.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1305 on: February 1, 2024, 11:27:12 am »

Someone needs to ask Trent, he's really good mates with Maddison.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1306 on: February 1, 2024, 11:38:40 am »
All a bit pathetic this celebration nonsense isn't it? Why the fuck they were so angry is beyond me

Their keeper seems like a bit of a nob based on the comments after the game. I've no love for Toney but if he has an addiction then it shouldn't be something to make a joke of

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: February 1, 2024, 03:01:28 pm »

.....oh and you're such a bunch of old farts not enjoying a good old light show!!!  ;) ;D

ha ha  ;D

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1308 on: February 1, 2024, 03:23:57 pm »

Indeed.

The hypocrisy of a football fan  ;D

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1309 on: February 1, 2024, 03:25:55 pm »
It's a shit celebration anyway.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1310 on: February 1, 2024, 04:15:23 pm »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1311 on: February 1, 2024, 04:19:30 pm »

I'm calling you El Redley from now on in honor of El Lobo.

Just the right level of snark and I tend to agree with your post.

This is the way.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1312 on: February 1, 2024, 04:20:12 pm »

best part - Maupay miskicked that for a goal.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1313 on: February 2, 2024, 12:59:37 pm »
Kane losing the league with Bayern in Germany will be the most spurs thing ever.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1314 on: February 3, 2024, 02:58:11 am »
Watching the highlights of the game against Brentford. I know it’s only two games in, but Werner still can’t hit a cows arse?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1315 on: February 3, 2024, 08:02:39 am »
Watching the highlights of the game against Brentford. I know it’s only two games in, but Werner still can’t hit a cows arse?

2 assists though in that game. Think he's doing pretty well to be honest!

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1316 on: February 3, 2024, 09:52:30 am »

He’s playing well, from what I’ve seen.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1317 on: February 3, 2024, 10:09:13 am »

He'll get a few assists as his shots are so shite they'll accidentally turn into unintended assists

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #1318 on: February 3, 2024, 04:45:47 pm »
Ange had a whinge about the refs. How the turn tables mate

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1319 on: February 4, 2024, 12:10:57 am »
Drew with one of the worst teams in the league and the top BBC story is about how the future is really bright, as their top four spot is taken by a team that won 5-0.