Author Topic: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!  (Read 178509 times)

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
Re: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!
« Reply #3240 on: April 1, 2024, 12:34:09 am »
What was van Dijk booked for?

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #3241 on: April 1, 2024, 12:43:00 am »
Players don't need to leave the field if the injury is because of a yellow card/red card challenge and treatment is done quickly.

I'd heard maybe the ball thing was because of the goal line tech, but no idea for sure.

Didn’t know that about injury after a yellow or red.

The chasing around gathering the spare balls was weird as he should have instructed the ball boys to do it or informed the 4th official to sort it out. Strange guy who looks uncomfortable in making decisions.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3242 on: April 1, 2024, 12:46:29 am »
The cheating today was so fucking obvious, Darwin gets pulled, nothing given, Virg complains to coote that he's getting dragged by his shirt sleeves, nothing given, Mac touches a Brighton player and Tierney tells Coote to give him a yellow, its corruption/bias/cheating end of

Do we know that Tierney told Coote to book Mac? I've seen it mentioned multiple times and if that was actually the case it should be investigated, because it's completely against the rules.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3243 on: April 1, 2024, 12:59:55 am »
Do we know that Tierney told Coote to book Mac? I've seen it mentioned multiple times and if that was actually the case it should be investigated, because it's completely against the rules.
Carragher mentioned on Comms he thought it was happening. There were at least a couple of challenges Coote blew up for that he wasn’t even looking at, it’s also possible he just guessed
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3244 on: April 1, 2024, 01:06:33 am »
Carragher mentioned on Comms he thought it was happening. There were at least a couple of challenges Coote blew up for that he wasn’t even looking at, it’s also possible he just guessed

Or possible that the lino thought he had a better view and mentioned something to him?

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3245 on: April 1, 2024, 01:12:13 am »
Just said to my Red buddies: why did that lino throw his flag up so sharply for Diaz’s second? Wishful thinking? It was by no means clear and I don’t think Ser Paul of Salford cleared it up. In fact it was dodgy as fuck.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #3246 on: April 1, 2024, 02:30:18 am »
Never done it before but because of that Doku incident the other week and the determination on here of the likes of Yorky, Alonso, Chopper et alia to deny any dodginess I felt compelled to ask everyone around us and others at half time in concourse for their take on the three possible season defining incidents which I keep highlighting in my posts on here and which Yorky and co. keep refraining from commenting upon ie that Doku non penalty, the Odegaard non pen and the Diaz disallowed goal.

Anyroad everyone to a man felt something really stinks and then agreed with my take when I put it to them that in each instance the VAR official simply didn't want to rule in our favour for whatever reason despite the clear evidence telling them that would have been the fair and impartial call.

Not sure what it proves except that it did me a power of good to know that those twenty or so fellow matchgoers saw things along the same lines as the likes of me, Eeyore, Andy, Redley etc and most emphatically not like those who don't seem to see anything untoward but merely error and incompetence.

:D

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3247 on: April 1, 2024, 02:43:13 am »
What was van Dijk booked for?
Had an arm around the player's neck for a moment and let him go, but the player fell like a sack of potatoes. We had two more bookings of the same type - Gomez and Macca (? I forget). If that was a foul, never mind a booking, then Nunez should have been give a penalty. Exactly the same.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3248 on: April 1, 2024, 03:01:53 am »

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3249 on: April 1, 2024, 03:09:16 am »
Just said to my Red buddies: why did that lino throw his flag up so sharply for Diaz’s second? Wishful thinking? It was by no means clear and I don’t think Ser Paul of Salford cleared it up. In fact it was dodgy as fuck.

Does the linesman have to flag if they want VAR to check the offside or would VAR just do it anyway? If it’s the latter, I don’t know why they bother flagging those ones in the first place. But it’s a judgement call at the end of the day. I don’t think there’s anything dodgy going on - just a split second decision made with safe in the knowledge that it will be double checked.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #3250 on: April 1, 2024, 05:42:10 am »
Fitzy is part of the conspiracy!

Jeez, this is fantastic news. We're finally making inroads.

I vaguely remember a Maxwell family link as well…hmmm :)

Offline sushared

• Main Stander
« Reply #3251 on: April 1, 2024, 07:07:27 am »
not sure about the corruption part but definitely the consistency is missing big time, within the matches and across the matches. was watching Manchester city vs Arsenal - the fouls we got booked in our match vs Brighton was waved off  by Antony Taylor when Arsenal players fouls were more severe. even the commentators were saying those are bookable offences. seriously Antony Taylor is a excuse for a referee. if I were a city fan/club would be filing a complaint  against him not to officiate our matches.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #3252 on: April 1, 2024, 07:12:42 am »
The one big decision we've had in our favour (forget the dropball bullshit) is Konate should have been sent off against Everton. He was only a yellow and clearly halts a breakaway. But no, they don't 'even themselves out'.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3253 on: April 1, 2024, 07:22:06 am »
Yeah, Ibou was lucky there.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3254 on: April 1, 2024, 07:51:01 am »
Forgive me if I’m wrong but I think it was Fitzy who admitted the other day he is close to a girl who is the daughter of one of the refs in the PL?

I was surprised not many said much but it’s your smoking gun as to why he is so emotionally invested in the other side of the debate if that’s true.
This is superb. I’m close to the daughter of a referee…

I said I know her and I asked her about what it’s like in terms of social media because it must be a bit wild given the way fans contend with disappointing football results. Probably haven’t seen her in 18 months but yes, we’re very close indeed. Rumbled.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3255 on: April 1, 2024, 07:53:03 am »

I vaguely remember a Maxwell family link as well…hmmm :)
Gosh, that’s well-remembered. :P

Just hope nobody finds out about my trips to Epstein Island…

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3256 on: April 1, 2024, 07:55:46 am »
Gosh, that’s well-remembered. :P

Just hope nobody finds out about my trips to Epstein Island…

Hello Prince Andrew
Jurgen YNWA

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3257 on: April 1, 2024, 08:08:40 am »

Coote is a terrible ref, he guesses decisions all the time and because we as a team don’t overly try to influence the ref ala cheaty I can see why he gives them the way of the biggest noise. He’s weak as piss, doesn’t know the rules and panics.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3258 on: April 1, 2024, 08:10:51 am »
This is superb. I’m close to the daughter of a referee…

I said I know her and I asked her about what it’s like in terms of social media because it must be a bit wild given the way fans contend with disappointing football results. Probably haven’t seen her in 18 months but yes, we’re very close indeed. Rumbled.

The referee’s daughter’s close friend’s a wanker!

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3259 on: April 1, 2024, 09:09:25 am »
Never done it before but because of that Doku incident the other week and the determination on here of the likes of Yorky, Alonso, Chopper et alia to deny any dodginess I felt compelled to ask everyone around us and others at half time in concourse for their take on the three possible season defining incidents which I keep highlighting in my posts on here and which Yorky and co. keep refraining from commenting upon ie that Doku non penalty, the Odegaard non pen and the Diaz disallowed goal.

Anyroad everyone to a man felt something really stinks and then agreed with my take when I put it to them that in each instance the VAR official simply didn't want to rule in our favour for whatever reason despite the clear evidence telling them that would have been the fair and impartial call.

Not sure what it proves except that it did me a power of good to know that those twenty or so fellow matchgoers saw things along the same lines as the likes of me, Eeyore, Andy, Redley etc and most emphatically not like those who don't seem to see anything untoward but merely error and incompetence.

That’s fine and everyone is absolutely entitled to their own opinion, I can fully understand how those three decisions give the impression that something is afoot, I certainly can’t prove that view is incorrect and nor would I try to.

What I would take exception with is the idea that people are just ignoring those three incidents because it doesn’t suit their argument, I know I personally have addressed all three of them and I’m sure I’m not alone in that.

I’m not going to dredge up everything I’ve said on it but as a brief summary-

Diaz - We have an audio clip of the referee clearly restarting the match under the instruction of the VAR. the confusion apparently being that the VAR was under the impression that restarting the game meant that the goal would stand, they only realised afterwards that it hadn’t by which point it was too late to do anything because, as per the rules of the game, they can’t stop the game to award the goal once it’s restarted. Of course it’s perfectly valid to be of the opinion that this was an intentional plot to deny the goal, it’s not one that I subscribe to as I just think it would be a crazy way to go about doing that leaving them open to substantial risk. What isn’t a valid opinion is to suggest that nobody has addressed it as it has been done to death.

Odegaard - I’ve said myself that that it’s inexplicable, it’s a clear penalty and I’ve no idea why the VAR doesn’t give it, it almost feels as though they’re trying to find a reason not to do so. It’s a penalty, it’s been subsequently admitted by Webb that it should have been given and I don’t know why it wasn’t. Again, if you hold the view that it’s an example of foul play then that’s perfectly valid and you’re entitled to do so, what I would say to that is that, as with most things in life, there’s several possible explanations for something which we can’t prove either way, the obvious devils advocate point being that they’re cowardly and want to avoid big decisions in huge games. You can’t prove anything either way; and nor are you obliged to for the purposes of discussion, but again it’s disingenuous to suggest that people are deliberately ignoring it because it’s been discussed ad infinitum.

Doku - Oliver himself probably can’t see it as he’s stood the opposite side of Doku’s body to where the contact happens, people have posted a misleading angle which suggests he can which is up there with people showing different angles of a ball near a goal line to give totally different perceptions as to whether the ball is over it or not, I don’t think he can see it. Oliver tells the VAR he can see that Doku got the ball (which he did) he can see that from his angle because you can see the direction the ball moves and the angle of the player nearest to it to have a good stab at who has connected with it; the VAR confirms that he is correct in that belief and then state there isn’t enough for a review. I 100% do not agree with that, if the threshold is ‘clear and obvious error’, well, there’s been a player kicking someone in the chest and the onfield ref hasn’t even mentioned it; at the very least Atwell should be saying ‘did you see the contact’ and Oliver would, you’d imagine, say no and that should prompt a review. Again; I’m not going to go into my views on what I think the rules should be as I’ve said it tonnes and it’s all in the thread.

What I would say with all of this (and this is in no way aimed at you as I’ve no idea whether it applies or not) but I do see it a lot; is people may find that they get less frustrated about this stuff if they check what the actual rules are regarding a specific incident after the match has finished before fuming on the internet. A key example being the Stones goal, 3 weeks after the event I’m still seeing people saying it’s the same as the one Van Dijk got disallowed vs Chelsea, and, watching it live, that was my first thought as well- it isn’t the same as the Van Dijk goal was disallowed because Endo was offside, you can’t be offside from a corner. I see this on virtually every major decision, people complaining that a VAR isn’t a clear and obvious error when the current implementation of the rules don’t require it to etc etc.

Also, to play devils advocate I would say that if you ask people at half time yesterday what their views are on that subject immediately after Coote has humbled his way through another 50 minutes compared to half an hour after the game that we eventually won you may get a different answer - I know you would if you asked me anyway.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3260 on: April 1, 2024, 09:19:15 am »

They were saying whatever they thought it would take for the bloke in the tin foil hat to leave them alone

;D

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3261 on: April 1, 2024, 09:27:34 am »
The referee’s daughter’s close friend’s a wanker!
I shouldn’t be able to login and read this kind of vitriol aimed at me…

I can just spend time with my family for that.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3262 on: April 1, 2024, 09:34:55 am »

The thing with those ones with VAR, not sure if it's a case of we'll draw lines for 5 minutes and if we still don't know we'll go with the on-field decision, or we'll just guess.

Pre-VAR the line stays down near enough every time there and nobody thinks anything of it. It's level, if he's offside you're talking small fractions. This isn't what the offside law was brought in for.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3263 on: April 1, 2024, 09:45:32 am »
Or possible that the lino thought he had a better view and mentioned something to him?

The broadcasters can hear the communication between VAR and the ref, it's been mentioned in other games, Neville knew they'd fucked up at Spurs for example as it happened and I've heard it on other games, like they know the VAR decisions before we see it on the screen

Carra mentioned it during the game, he was hearing the chatter
Jurgen YNWA

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3264 on: April 1, 2024, 09:50:56 am »
I thought it was the linesmen giving opinions because if it wasn't then that is extremely worrying.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3265 on: April 1, 2024, 10:12:08 am »
I thought it was the linesmen giving opinions because if it wasn't then that is extremely worrying.

The assistant referees give their opinion in real time though. That wouldn't explain the delay. A good example would be in the build up to the none Diaz goal versus Spurs when the assistant referee is saying both holding when Salah gets the ball.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3266 on: April 1, 2024, 10:13:38 am »
I shouldn’t be able to login and read this kind of vitriol aimed at me…

I can just spend time with my family for that.

Fucking joking aren’t you??  ;D

Vitriol?? My word mate you have to be on a wind up.

I said that if you know someone personally who is family with one of these refs then maybe you would be more defensive, I also said I would be this way myself as it’s completely understandable.

A few on the other side seem desperate at any opportunity to spin the argument and distract from it all the while ignoring to discuss any of the most obvious points as Timbo mentions above. It’s really fucking boring and obvious.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3267 on: April 1, 2024, 10:14:30 am »
The broadcasters can hear the communication between VAR and the ref, it's been mentioned in other games, Neville knew they'd fucked up at Spurs for example as it happened and I've heard it on other games, like they know the VAR decisions before we see it on the screen

Carra mentioned it during the game, he was hearing the chatter

The broadcasters also get to see the VAR screens from Stockley Park. That is why Neville and Dean were saying it was a penalty when Doku kung fu'ed Macca.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3268 on: April 1, 2024, 10:16:43 am »
.... which Yorky and co. keep refraining from commenting upon ie that Doku non penalty, the Odegaard non pen and the Diaz disallowed goal.

Those three incidents have been addressed almost a million times in the last few weeks by myself and the other heretics.

My own thoughts, for the final time, are that Mac Allister was slightly late on Doku and although it was probably a foul to City the ref was right to wave play on. From one angle Odegaard appears to have handled the ball, but from another it looks like it hit his shoulder. It was certainly wasn't clear-cut enough for it to be a pen. Diaz is obviously the most controversial. I thought it caught his hand anyway, so the thing evened itself out in the end.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3269 on: April 1, 2024, 10:21:50 am »
Fucking joking aren’t you??  ;D

Vitriol?? My word mate you have to be on a wind up.

I said that if you know someone personally who is family with one of these refs then maybe you would be more defensive, I also said I would be this way myself as it’s completely understandable.

A few on the other side seem desperate at any opportunity to spin the argument and distract from it all the while ignoring to discuss any of the most obvious points as Timbo mentions above. It’s really fucking boring and obvious.

I was joking. It was a reply to Nick who was jokingly calling me a wanker.

As for the daughter, I know her through work but haven’t seen her for ages and we’re not friends. I have no vested interest in this debate, just my own perspective.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3270 on: April 1, 2024, 10:22:55 am »
The assistant referees give their opinion in real time though. That wouldn't explain the delay. A good example would be in the build up to the none Diaz goal versus Spurs when the assistant referee is saying both holding when Salah gets the ball.
Yeah but Coote is a dunce and probably takes him time to comprehend what is being said. There actual confirmation on what was happening in the first half?

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3271 on: April 1, 2024, 10:26:00 am »
Those three incidents have been addressed almost a million times in the last few weeks by myself and the other heretics.

My own thoughts, for the final time, are that Mac Allister was slightly late on Doku and although it was probably a foul to City the ref was right to wave play on. From one angle Odegaard appears to have handled the ball, but from another it looks like it hit his shoulder. It was certainly wasn't clear-cut enough for it to be a pen. Diaz is obviously the most controversial. I thought it caught his hand anyway, so the thing evened itself out in the end.
I think the point is that you’ve only really answered the question when you completely alter your view.

The opening post acknowledges bad decisions. It’s what you consider to be the cause of those decisions that is being debated. Has anyone actually said the Diaz debacle was anything other than a terrible injustice?

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3272 on: April 1, 2024, 10:31:56 am »

As for the daughter, I know her through work but haven’t seen her for ages and we’re not friends. I have no vested interest in this debate, just my own perspective.
Fitzy doth protest too much, methinks

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3273 on: April 1, 2024, 10:33:19 am »
Fitzy doth protest too much, methinks

One might say it’s a conspiracy, a counter conspiracy within a conspiracy ala inceptionspiracy.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3274 on: April 1, 2024, 10:39:16 am »
I’m playing 5D chess and got everyone on strings, enjoying the spectacle…

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3275 on: April 1, 2024, 10:45:45 am »

Fair enough mate  ;D

I was just speaking from experience and know how things like that can make myself more invested, my fault for not knowing it was a nothing link though.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3276 on: April 1, 2024, 10:50:21 am »

I've kept out of this rabid debate myself, but my god Yorky, that's a horrific exculpatory summary the likes of which I'd expect from a Man City fan.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3277 on: April 1, 2024, 10:52:25 am »

What? I was being deadly serious pal.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3278 on: April 1, 2024, 10:56:07 am »
I've kept out of this rabid debate myself, but my god Yorky, that's a horrific exculpatory summary the likes of which I'd expect from a Man City fan.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3279 on: April 1, 2024, 10:58:11 am »
Ban him!!