Author Topic: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs  (Read 96113 times)

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs
« Reply #600 on: October 2, 2023, 01:58:30 pm »
I thought Jones red card was 50/50 because how bad it looked in slow motion so thats the only one I could possibly understand.

Didnt see the challenge on Gomez

Jota’s second challenge shouldve been his first yellow as the first one was hilarious

Salahs on bissouma was very lucky for bissouma.

The offside didnt need a second look, you can tell live that he was miles on.

There were other incidents, advantages not being played when Liverpool were clean through, referee trembling excitedly as he gave Liverpool players cards.
The whole show was really bad, one of the worst refereed games ive seen in a long time, and it wasnt just var, all the officials were ridiculously bad.

If I can find a way to post the Gomez one I will, it will make you even more baffled about the Van Dijk red

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #601 on: October 2, 2023, 01:59:41 pm »
I must say though.. although I'm livid, it was class from Richarlison at the end there.
Quite unexpected.

What did he do?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: October 2, 2023, 02:04:57 pm »
I must say though.. although I'm livid, it was class from Richarlison at the end there.
Quite unexpected.
What did he do?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #603 on: October 2, 2023, 02:05:57 pm »
We signed Stewart who joins the list of Spurs players we signed who were underwhelming- Keane and Ruddock immediately spring to mind.

And all of them scored for Spurs against us before we signed them. Couldn’t sign Sheringham or someone half decent could we?!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: October 2, 2023, 02:24:44 pm »
What did he do?

dyed his hair back from blond to dark.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #605 on: October 2, 2023, 02:37:55 pm »
Really don’t understand all the spurs fans crying that we got what we deserved because spurs never get the decisions. That Skipp challenge on Diaz and Kane on Robbo all escaped a red card, Luis many other contentious decisions.

And then there was this  :o

https://x.com/kloppholic/status/1708500892415103011?s=46&t=6Q_W5xNDTEu7NNDOef79zA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: October 2, 2023, 02:54:35 pm »
Really don’t understand all the spurs fans crying that we got what we deserved because spurs never get the decisions. That Skipp challenge on Diaz and Kane on Robbo all escaped a red card, Luis many other contentious decisions.

https://x.com/kloppholic/status/1708500892415103011?s=46&t=6Q_W5xNDTEu7NNDOef79zA

I've never seen that before.....I am speechless.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #607 on: October 2, 2023, 03:09:22 pm »
Even Tim Vickery acting the tribal twat over this.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: October 2, 2023, 03:15:20 pm »
All I remember of Richarlison is him doing that weird neck thing but this time at Klopp, not after scoring a goal.

If it miraculously comes down to City and Spurs for the title, I know for a fact I'll never root for the cheats.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: October 2, 2023, 04:07:13 pm »

fucking hell.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #610 on: October 2, 2023, 04:26:55 pm »
What did he do?
What did he do?
Instead of celebrating madly like the rest, he went over to Matip to console him.

Class!

Crap video, but this mentions it as well:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0DowTR-1OCk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0DowTR-1OCk</a>
« Last Edit: October 2, 2023, 04:37:35 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: October 2, 2023, 04:31:58 pm »
Instead of celebrating madly like the rest, he went over to Matip to console him.

Class!

Fair play

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: October 2, 2023, 04:33:12 pm »

Class!
wasn't aware of that.  good on him.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #613 on: October 2, 2023, 04:38:09 pm »
wasn't aware of that.  good on him.
Fair play
It is indeed mate. I didn't see who the other players were, but Richarlison took the lead.
Updated my reply.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2023, 04:47:02 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: October 2, 2023, 04:42:14 pm »

Class!

Crap video, but this mentions it as well:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0DowTR-1OCk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0DowTR-1OCk</a>

From now on every commentator should call him Richerlizen.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #615 on: October 2, 2023, 04:43:56 pm »
From now on every commentator should call him Richerlizen.
;D

"Madip" ;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: October 2, 2023, 04:58:19 pm »
It's amazing you actually think that given that up until yesterday we hadn't beaten you in years. We had a penalty given against us for the ball hitting Sissokko in the armpit in the biggest game we've arguably ever had. I don't think I've ever seen a penalty given for a ball hitting an armpit.  ;D

Clearly you have ignored some of the shit the likes of Sir Harold of Kane got away with over the years with his reckless lunges and dangerous backdrop move to try and con refs into a freekick/penalty and in your example that was clearly not his armpit.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: October 2, 2023, 05:07:36 pm »
Out of interest mate, as a fan who supports neither team (granted there will be some anti Spurs bias) what's your opinion on...

Jones red card
The challenge on Gomez in their box
Udogie tripping himself over
Jota red card
Salah being adjudged to have fouled Bissouma
The offside and subsequent explanation from PGMOL

Not to mention several of their players, such as Udogie, continually waving imaginary cards while remaining immune to yellows for doing so.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #618 on: October 2, 2023, 05:54:52 pm »
Clearly you have ignored some of the shit the likes of Sir Harold of Kane got away with over the years with his reckless lunges and dangerous backdrop move to try and con refs into a freekick/penalty and in your example that was clearly not his armpit.
Tommy W is a good poster who clearly understands the remits if being an opposition fan on here.

He’s not been trolling anyone, so I think it’s reasons that we all talk to him with the courtesy he’s shown to us.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: October 2, 2023, 07:06:30 pm »
Tommy W is a good poster who clearly understands the remits if being an opposition fan on here.

He’s not been trolling anyone, so I think it’s reasons that we all talk to him with the courtesy he’s shown to us.

Arguably the second best opposition poster on here.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: October 2, 2023, 07:25:10 pm »

The first being primativ, natch. followed closely by ScottishGoon.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: October 2, 2023, 07:27:16 pm »
The first being primativ, natch. followed closely by ScottishGoon.
Anything to be said for our ski slope enthusiast Cantona?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: October 2, 2023, 07:31:49 pm »
Anything to be said for our ski slope enthusiast Cantona?

We have a late entry for to spot!!

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #623 on: October 2, 2023, 07:37:06 pm »
Not to mention several of their players, such as Udogie, continually waving imaginary cards while remaining immune to yellows for doing so.

The yellow for Robertson baffled me. Robertson had his eyes on the ball and went to head it. You could see the Spurs player looking at Robertson and not the ball and then jumping into Robertson (I think he may have also raised his arm but am not sure).

Maybe Robertson was booked for his next tackle but it looked the the first offence was by Porro.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2023, 07:47:11 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #624 on: October 2, 2023, 07:38:10 pm »
You’ve read Uruguay 36’s posts….

That’s commitment!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: October 2, 2023, 07:47:54 pm »
It's been said that Richalison is actually sound off the pitch so I'll give him props that that. Leave all the bullshit on the pitch, off it is where it matters more.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #626 on: October 2, 2023, 07:56:49 pm »
BlackandWhitePaul

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: October 2, 2023, 08:01:12 pm »
BlackandWhitePaul

JohnnoWhite is also sound. Does anyone know if he’s ok? He hasn’t logged in for a few months.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #628 on: October 2, 2023, 08:02:03 pm »
It's been said that Richalison is actually sound off the pitch so I'll give him props that that. Leave all the bullshit on the pitch, off it is where it matters more.

The discovery that Richarlison is possibly a decent chap is the most depressing part of the whole weekend.

Thankfully Maddison still plays for them!!

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: October 3, 2023, 06:18:08 am »
It's amazing you actually think that given that up until yesterday we hadn't beaten you in years. We had a penalty given against us for the ball hitting Sissokko in the armpit in the biggest game we've arguably ever had. I don't think I've ever seen a penalty given for a ball hitting an armpit.  ;D

Mate, I know you're generally one of the reasonable ones, but give me a break with this.

First of all it was a penalty.

Secondly, even if we go with your take on it, which I don't, then it's unlucky, but you have 90 minutes to score an equaliser and your team did less than absolutely fuck all. You deserved nothing in the 2019 final. Not one person outside of deluded fans was saying Spurs were hard done by to the extent that we were on Saturday.

Thirdly, what does a penalty (that was a penalty, albeit a soft one) four and a half years ago have to do with an endless parade of shite last Saturday?

Fourthly, as others have said, you've had some absolutely ridiculous decisions go for you and against us over the years.

As I said about your manager shooting his mouth off after the game, take your ill-gotten, lucky-as-fuck three points, be grateful for them because they were given as blessings from the football gods, and shut the fuck up about the rest.

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: October 3, 2023, 06:25:36 am »
I don't get why people say Spuds are good. They have a good team (not great), and looked nowhere near beating us when we were down to 9 men. They won't make top 4.

Aside from a good 10 minutes straight after Jones' red card, they were poor as fuck. Utterly second best against 11 men, nothing special against 10 (and managed to concede a goal, and it could've been three), and utterly clueless and lacking ideas against nine. I think they've done well so far, but this is the first game I've watched them for 90 minutes and they're half the team we are. They knew it deep down as well.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: October 3, 2023, 08:28:46 am »
The most bizarre take is the credit they got for keeping on going and attacking until the end. What exactly were they supposed to do?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: October 3, 2023, 08:34:50 am »
The most bizarre take is the credit they got for keeping on going and attacking until the end. What exactly were they supposed to do?

They didn’t attack very well either.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #633 on: October 3, 2023, 09:08:59 am »
Mate, I know you're generally one of the reasonable ones, but give me a break with this.

First of all it was a penalty.

Secondly, even if we go with your take on it, which I don't, then it's unlucky, but you have 90 minutes to score an equaliser and your team did less than absolutely fuck all. You deserved nothing in the 2019 final. Not one person outside of deluded fans was saying Spurs were hard done by to the extent that we were on Saturday.

Thirdly, what does a penalty (that was a penalty, albeit a soft one) four and a half years ago have to do with an endless parade of shite last Saturday?

Fourthly, as others have said, you've had some absolutely ridiculous decisions go for you and against us over the years.

As I said about your manager shooting his mouth off after the game, take your ill-gotten, lucky-as-fuck three points, be grateful for them because they were given as blessings from the football gods, and shut the fuck up about the rest.

Also, we scored another goal too...
Not because they were pressing in numbers and we caught them on the break, but it was from a corner

And the whole thing about if it would have changed the shape of the game...well yeah, we might not have been as passive after that incident if it wasnt a penalty. so what? reckon the team that secured 95+ points and already beaten them twice that season wouldn't have found another way? foh
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: October 3, 2023, 10:08:15 am »
So brave against 9 men. Any narrative of 'plucky' Spurs never giving up (the NLD draw being another recent example) is simply a biased attempt to counteract the 'Spursy' weak underbelly mentality they're infamous for.

Think this recent counter-propaganda stems back to that 2019 CL run with last gasp gift-wrapped winners against a complacent City and a naive Ajax. Then, typically when it mattered most, they didn't even lay a glove on us in Madrid. Not very "to dare is to do".
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: October 3, 2023, 10:44:13 am »
When Spurs inevitably get shafted by a poor ref, will Ange come out and say errors are part and parcel of the game? I somehow doubt he'll be as calm about it.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: October 3, 2023, 10:45:50 am »
When Spurs inevitably get shafted by a poor ref, will Ange come out and say errors are part and parcel of the game? I somehow doubt he'll be as calm about it.

It’ll age as well as Coleman’s comment about all teams having injuries.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #637 on: October 3, 2023, 12:08:55 pm »
Indeed, it just puzzles me why he even thought to go there. Just don't say it. Or if asked just say something beige or conciliatory. Is it because managers love the sound of their own voices that they keep setting up hostages to fortune like that?

Had sort of expected better from him
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: October 3, 2023, 12:10:28 pm »
We'll make them cry at Anfield.
I've marked it in my calendar.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #639 on: October 3, 2023, 12:31:17 pm »

Imagine the narrative if it was the other way around, we'd be getting absolute pelters for scraping over the line against poor hard done-to Spurs.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."