Author Topic: 2030 World Cup: Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay, Spain, Portugal and Morocco  (Read 9463 times)

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
 The 2030 World Cup will be held across six counties in three continents, Fifa has confirmed.
Spain, Portugal and Morocco have been named as the co-hosts, with the opening three matches taking place in Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67010609

They have absolutely jumped the shark now. Insane stuff.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2023, 04:52:01 pm by Party Phil »
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
The 2030 World Cup will be held across six counties in three continents, Fifa has confirmed.
Portugal and Morocco have been named as the co-hosts, with the opening three matches taking place in Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67010609

They have absolutely jumped the shark now. Insane stuff.

Fucking hell  :lmao

I remember a while ago there was rumours they'd make Ukraine a part of the bid too.

Thought it'd be either Spain/Portugal or Uruguay/Argentina. Although Morocco makes sense given they wanted the 2026 tournament before the USA/Mexico/Canada bid won
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Sounds well planned.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Zero considerations to environmental impacts,facility costs and travel expenses for fans. What a fucking shit show.

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
I think FIFA have never heard of the saying 'if it's not broken don't fix it' plus a tad hypocritical, going against needless air travel!
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline spartan2785

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Sounds like Uruguay, Argentina, and Paraguay are each only being given one match each, so really other than 3 games it's a Spain/Portugal/Morocco world cup which I'm okay with, that sounds pretty solid.  It's just stupid though to have three matches half a world away so that you can have some sort of PR stunt to celebrate the centenary of the first world cup. 

This really sounds like a way to clear things up for Saudi to host in 2034.  FIFA can say that they've had the world cup in all the federations recently so it's only fair that Asia hosts in 2034 and if nobody else bids, than it has to go to murderous state.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I can understand Uruguay and Argentina to commemorate the centenary, but why Paraguay?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
At least its some proper countries, rather than fake shite like Qatar.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sounds like Uruguay, Argentina, and Paraguay are each only being given one match each, so really other than 3 games it's a Spain/Portugal/Morocco world cup which I'm okay with, that sounds pretty solid.  It's just stupid though to have three matches half a world away so that you can have some sort of PR stunt to celebrate the centenary of the first world cup. 

This really sounds like a way to clear things up for Saudi to host in 2034.  FIFA can say that they've had the world cup in all the federations recently so it's only fair that Asia hosts in 2034 and if nobody else bids, than it has to go to murderous state.

They've just had one in Qatar
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's about time they gave it to countries that have never held a WC  ::)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
They've just had one in Qatar

Aye, but the next one is in North America (CONCACAF), then 2030 will be UEFA, CAF and CONMEBOL. That only leaves Asia and Oceania for 2034 and there is zero chance of it going to Oceania. So, by a happy coincidence, Saudi will be the only valid candidate.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I can understand Uruguay and Argentina to commemorate the centenary, but why Paraguay?

And Spain and Portugal ?

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
And Spain and Portugal ?

Spain/Portugal were going to do a double bid I think. Same goes for Argentina/Uruguay.

That leaves Morocco and Paraguay, who both may have been part of the other respective bids, but I don't remember that even being the case as of recently. What I do know was Morocco was a bidder for the 2026 tournament before it went to USA/Canada/Mexico. I don't know if their infrastructure would have supported a 48 team tournament let alone a 32 team one, so they've been thrown in this to host some I'd imagine. Even Portugal don't have that many really big stadiums, the one they play the Portuguese cup final in is a joke and looks exactly the same as when Celtic won the European Cup there in 1967. You need at least a 50 thousand seater I'd imagine?

Fuck knows about Paraguay. Truth be told it does look like they've thrown Morocco and the South Americans in there to assure the next tournament in SA.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What a fuckin' mess. ;D

I think South America deserve another World Cup but it would be expensive for those countries to pay for it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spain/Portugal were going to do a double bid I think. Same goes for Argentina/Uruguay.

That's my point, why are the Spanish getting another WC, same goes for the French getting their most recent one & yet the UK gets the middle finger every time.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
It also means that Saudi Arabia have a clear shot to host 2034 (unless the Aussies want to get involved).

It stinks to high heaven.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
This is just ludicrous

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What the actual fuck??

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Sounds like an absolute car crash. FFA are truly fucking clueless

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
That's my point, why are the Spanish getting another WC, same goes for the French getting their most recent one & yet the UK gets the middle finger every time.

Spain have only had one before though (48 years ago by the time of 2030) and France two, one of which was in the 30s. It is a bit weird England has only ever had the one though.

England did have the 96 Euros, but also basically acted as the main host of the 2021 tournament and are already having the 2028 one too. So not the worst going.

The joint bid stuff will be more common than solo hosts going forward. Turkey and Italy are doing the 2032 Euros FFS  :lmao
« Last Edit: October 4, 2023, 05:48:25 pm by disgraced cake »

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
At least its some proper countries, rather than fake shite like Qatar.

That’s because they’re getting this one out of the way before Saudi Arabia 2034. Europe and South America’s turn ticked off in one fell swoop.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I like that Uruguay, Paraguay Morocco and Portugal get a look in…

But one game each (for the first two) is utterly nuts

And we all know this is spreading it around so they can give it to Saudi in 2034
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
Now added to the BBC article:

"Fifa also confirmed only bids from countries from the Asian Football Confederation and the Oceania Football Confederation will be considered for the 2034 finals. Following that decision, Saudi Arabia announced it would be bidding to host the tournament in 2034 for the first time."

::) ::) ::)

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
In 4 years time there will be some decision to make for Infantino.

Saudi Arabia vs joint bid from Nauru & Tuvalu (combined population less than Formby).

Tough choice.

• Legacy Fan

"Fifa also confirmed only bids from countries from the Asian Football Confederation and the Oceania Football Confederation will be considered for the 2034 finals. Following that decision, Saudi Arabia announced it would be bidding to host the tournament in 2034 for the first time."

FIFA are a crime syndicate, they need abolished, same goes for UEFA.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
In 4 years time there will be some decision to make for Infantino.

Saudi Arabia vs joint bid from Nauru & Tuvalu (combined population less than Formby).

Tough choice.
Infantino on the Saudi bid

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
Why take one bribe when you can take 6. Smart move by fifa

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Its a 13 hour flight from Montevideo to Madrid and 5 time zones. Anyone playing in those games is gonna be fucked for a few days with Jet Lag

Jurgen YNWA

• Legacy Fan
Its a 13 hour flight from Montevideo to Madrid and 5 time zones. Anyone playing in those games is gonna be fucked for a few days with Jet Lag
The players and fans are purely academic when it comes to a FIFA moneymaker, good thing they replaced that corrupt so and so Blatter.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

And that's why they've split 30 up.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

It’s shit of course, but hundreds of European based South Americans do it 4 or 5 times a season.

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
It’s shit of course, but hundreds of European based South Americans do it 4 or 5 times a season.

I fail to see what wombles have got to do with this.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I fail to see what wombles have got to do with this.

The Orinoco Flow innit.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
Saudis having a free run for 2034 means another winter World Cup that year, don't forget.

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
The question is, will any of us even give a single flying fuck about football by 2034? At the rate things are going I won't.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
People still interested in World cup are just plain weird.

Offline spartan2785

• Main Stander
That’s because they’re getting this one out of the way before Saudi Arabia 2034. Europe and South America’s turn ticked off in one fell swoop.

I'm sure the South American countries are being well compensated with suitcases full of Saudi blood money.  Next thing that will come is Greece and Egypt saying that they're pulling out of their joint bid with Saudi, Saudi then will unveil a bunch of promises that won't be kept, and the gravy train of corruption keeps flowing, all while a bunch of countries put up some weak protests, and nothing gets solved other than another sports washing fiasco that will result in another winter world cup.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yes, but its not the entire squad and staff of one team though is it? Say a team plays Saturday evening, they've got a few hours after KO for the flight, then a 13 hour flight, then stay up all day to get back onto Spanish time, then a group game on the Tuesday. Its shit
Jurgen YNWA

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
People still interested in World cup are just plain weird.

Hey! Hang on, no, that is fair... though some of us just still love the older World Cups ;D

Spain '82 - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=254153.0
Mexico '86 - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=253812.msg6629277#msg6629277
Italia '90 - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=249256.msg6245296 & www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345428.0
World Cup '90: 25 Years On - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=321703.msg13916444#msg13916444
USA '94 - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=249814.0
France '98 - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=248571.0
Japan & South Korea '02 - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250045.msg6310472 & www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=352275
Germany '06 - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250691.0
South Africa '10 - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250594.msg18414281#msg18414281
Brazil '14 - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315133
Russia '18 - ?
Qatar '22 - off the pitch: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=305953.0  &  on the pitch: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=353343.0
2026 World Cup: America/Canada/Mexico - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=340414
2030 World Cup: Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay, Spain, Portugal and Morocco - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=354967.0

Greatest World Cup Moment? - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250295.0 (with info and videos from all past World Cups)
Name the best and the worst World Cup so far - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=353363.120
Your favourite World Cup goal - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=314103.msg12828067#msg12828067
Worst ever performance by a player at the World Cup? - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=128392.30
Brazil - Are they all they're cracked up to be? - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=117059.msg1899189
Brazil 4-1 Italy : 1970 World Cup - The best International side ever? - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=237937.msg17602031#msg17602031

« Last Edit: October 4, 2023, 07:19:43 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
The question is, will any of us even give a single flying fuck about football by 2034? At the rate things are going I won't.
You mean you won't be interested in seeing if Jude Bellingham will finally win a World Cup on his 4th attempt?
It'll be especially exciting after he's won another UEFA Champions League for the host nation's Al Hilal club, beating Qatar side Al Sadd in the final.