Author Topic: Everton - The 777 Unflushables  (Read 694664 times)

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Reply #11480 on: March 22, 2024, 08:33:49 am »
If they don't let the takeover happen, the club are fucked and it will be seen to be down to the authorities. For obvious reasons, they won't want that to happen.

If their owners fuck them over, they can wash their hands of them.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11481 on: March 22, 2024, 09:29:46 am »
Rumours abound in blue shite land that it’s getting confirmed today.
Was that in the Rhyl Chronicle?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11482 on: March 22, 2024, 09:33:19 am »
I wonder if this is the Premier League washing their hands of Everton.

Not sure it would have that effect. It just puts the spotlight back on the league for allowing an owner which by most metrics should not be allowed to own a club

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11483 on: March 22, 2024, 09:34:12 am »
Wow. That's some pretty vile and nutty stuff.
The thing is, although that was posted by someone we all know is highly disturbed, he's not the first Bitter to come out with such insanity. I've heard the very same appalling verbal diarrhoea from a fair number of them.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #11484 on: March 22, 2024, 09:47:08 am »
The Premier League can’t win in this situation - albeit it’s a problem they’ve had a huge hand in creating - if they let the takeover go through and it’s the disaster it looks like being, then they’re pilloried. If they block it which really they should do, then they’re accused of suffocating the life out of Everton.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11485 on: March 22, 2024, 10:07:23 am »
The Premier League can’t win in this situation - albeit it’s a problem they’ve had a huge hand in creating - if they let the takeover go through and it’s the disaster it looks like being, then they’re pilloried. If they block it which really they should do, then they’re accused of suffocating the life out of Everton.

They did try to work with Everton to get their finances in order though, they even let them take the piss with Covid losses, its Everton who have continued to charge down the path to Administration.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11486 on: March 22, 2024, 10:15:50 am »
It's great for Bitters though, because they get to whinge, moan and blame everyone but themselves in either scenario.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11487 on: March 22, 2024, 10:25:51 am »
They did try to work with Everton to get their finances in order though, they even let them take the piss with Covid losses, its Everton who have continued to charge down the path to Administration.
Very true, and to an egregious extent. Allowing them the write-offs for ‘diminished player trading’ was the biggest joke, Richarlison aside, they had no one worth a decent fee and he didn’t even get sold in that period.

One thing I will say is that, typical of modern society, Everton fans have been loud enough and ill-informed (or just deceitful) enough to sway a lot of public opinion towards defending or backing them and putting blame elsewhere. The Trump of football clubs.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #11488 on: March 22, 2024, 11:29:10 am »
I for one welcome 777 as their new overlords. I also want to say a huge thank you to Farhad Moshiri, who really couldn't have run the club worse if he'd have tried.

Now it's time for Josh Wander and co to finish the job.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #11489 on: March 22, 2024, 11:36:13 am »
I for one welcome 777 as their new overlords. I also want to say a huge thank you to Farhad Moshiri, who really couldn't have run the club worse if he'd have tried.

Now it's time for Josh Wander and co to finish the job.

Pfft, typical redshite talk! Everton are destined for greatness when this goes through, they are the cubic zirconia in the rough, a true sleeping dwarf. BE AFRAID!!!!!

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #11490 on: March 22, 2024, 11:48:51 am »
Pfft, typical redshite talk! Everton are destined for greatness when this goes through, they are the cubic zirconia in the rough, a true sleeping dwarf. BE AFRAID!!!!!
The revenge seeking beast will arise from the splinters of the grand old lady…
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #11491 on: March 22, 2024, 11:54:31 am »
It'll be interesting how the bitters on twitter react. Will it be more of the 'we've got loadsa money, we're buying everyone' or 'woe is us, the cartel have made us get taken over by cowboys'.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11492 on: March 22, 2024, 11:56:30 am »
The red echo suggests nothing is going to be announce today / before the second PSR charge is heard:
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-takeover-777-partners-hint-28867082

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11493 on: March 22, 2024, 12:23:05 pm »
The red echo suggests nothing is going to be announce today / before the second PSR charge is heard:
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-takeover-777-partners-hint-28867082

Yes but the red echo doesn't live in the mythical world of an Everton supporter where things aren't quite as they seem in the real world.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11494 on: March 22, 2024, 01:36:10 pm »
None of them were journalists not sure why they know this.
Exactly. They are just panicking over rumours.
Funny though
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11495 on: March 22, 2024, 01:45:30 pm »
Why would the PL care? It’s only 777 that wood care about that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11496 on: March 22, 2024, 01:47:19 pm »
Why would the PL care? It’s only 777 that wood care about that

Barking up the wrong tree, the PL?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11497 on: March 22, 2024, 02:09:36 pm »
I cannot fathom why the Premier League would pass 777 as fit and proper owners. Just take any cursory glance at their other clubs, or one of the four lawsuits they’re fighting in the states at present.

Me neither. It's not the PLs fault if Everton go bust, no matter how some might try to drive the media narrative. The government is pressing ahead with the independent regulator, so at this point the PL have nothing to lose by cutting Everton loose. They should just take the flak on the chin
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11498 on: March 22, 2024, 02:43:59 pm »
It's the typical stuff on GoT. Their Points Deduction thread, is filled with comments like his. Some of them believe that we intentionally killed 39 people to stop them from winning the European Cup.

They would've got their arse handed to them by Sacchi's AC Milan.

Red Star's Yugoslav team of the mid/late 80's was brilliant too and Marseille were fantastic. All three would batter their mid/late 80's team. ;D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11499 on: March 22, 2024, 02:48:48 pm »
It's the typical stuff on GoT. Their Points Deduction thread, is filled with comments like his. Some of them believe that we intentionally killed 39 people to stop them from winning the European Cup.

Wonder why they think of Welsh Everton supporter Andy Nicholls admitting to being there then? Do think he went to support the Reds and ignore that he was there for trouble?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #11500 on: March 22, 2024, 02:55:00 pm »

If you were taking over Everton, given that they could be given a points deduction that relegates them, surely you would wait until after the outcome of the investigation. Relegation would surely harm the business, yet 777 are happy to buy the club before the outcome of the investigation. Indecent haste? It’s almost as though they don’t care about the PL status and just want to get their hands on the stadium.
Someone looking to buy a premier league club to win things would surely wait to see if they were actually still in with a chance of PL status come the end of the season.
Although, if they don’t take over them, and push them over the edge, administration might mean someone else getting the stadium…
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11501 on: March 22, 2024, 03:26:45 pm »
If you were taking over Everton, given that they could be given a points deduction that relegates them, surely you would wait until after the outcome of the investigation. Relegation would surely harm the business, yet 777 are happy to buy the club before the outcome of the investigation. Indecent haste? It’s almost as though they don’t care about the PL status and just want to get their hands on the stadium.
Someone looking to buy a premier league club to win things would surely wait to see if they were actually still in with a chance of PL status come the end of the season.
Although, if they don’t take over them, and push them over the edge, administration might mean someone else getting the stadium…

Not just competitiveness, you'd think relegation would have a big impact on their valuation of the club. It suggests that 777 are getting the club for so little that they think it's worth it regardless.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11502 on: March 22, 2024, 04:54:18 pm »
Another 4 points please

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11503 on: March 22, 2024, 05:00:44 pm »
Another 4 points please

4 points + 2 points for repeated offence.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11504 on: March 22, 2024, 05:20:56 pm »
4 points + 2 points for repeated offence.
+another 8 points for undermining the integrity of the process.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 05:38:18 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11505 on: March 22, 2024, 05:22:35 pm »
+another 8 pints for undermining the integrity of the process.

+ 4 points for a laugh.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #11506 on: March 22, 2024, 05:33:31 pm »
+another 8 pints for undermining the integrity of the process.

I'll drink to that
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #11507 on: March 22, 2024, 05:38:55 pm »
So, no announcement today.

All the Everton itk's on twitter spot on as usual...lol
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11508 on: March 22, 2024, 06:37:03 pm »
+another 8 points for undermining the integrity of the process.
Another 5 points cos, Everton aren’t they

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #11509 on: March 22, 2024, 07:11:14 pm »
Is Davek Dave Kelly, FAB chairman? or are there w DKs
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11510 on: March 22, 2024, 07:30:48 pm »
Is Davek Dave Kelly, FAB chairman? or are there w DKs

Two different people, Dave Kelly comes across as a sound fella, although I suppose he could have a burner account for when he wants to be unprofessional...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11511 on: March 22, 2024, 07:56:58 pm »
Two different people, Dave Kelly comes across as a sound fella, although I suppose he could have a burner account for when he wants to be unprofessional...

As I understand it, there are two "Daveks". One is as bitter as they come, but he has enough common sense to know the club has been on a rocky path for years, and has been calling the club out on it for a long time. The Davek on twitter though is a thoroughly sick fuck.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #11512 on: March 22, 2024, 11:24:31 pm »
Bloomberg reporting that 777 have received conditional approval for the Everton takeover, whatever that means. The PL wrote to the board saying they're 'currently minded to approve the deal, pending certain conditions '.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #11513 on: March 22, 2024, 11:31:23 pm »
Bloomberg reporting that 777 have received conditional approval for the Everton takeover, whatever that means. The PL wrote to the board saying they're 'currently minded to approve the deal, pending certain conditions '.
More cryptic than the Hindu version of the Times crossword

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-03-22/miami-based-777-gets-conditional-approval-of-everton-fc-deal

777 Partners LLC’s takeover of Everton FC has been conditionally approved by the English Premier League, according to people familiar with the situation.

The League wrote a letter last week saying that the board that has been reviewing the deal for several months “is currently minded” to approve it, subject to conditions. The board consists of League Chief Executive Officer Richard Masters, as well as Chair Alison Brittain and board member Mai Fyfield.

The conditional approval doesn’t mean the multiclub-owner 777 is guaranteed approval, one of the people said.

Representatives for 777 and Everton declined to comment.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11514 on: March 23, 2024, 07:24:59 am »
Sounds like they're trying to put the onus back onto 777 for the inevitable disaster riding over the horizon.
a] We would have approved them had they provided audited accounts but they didn't - not our fault Everton slid into administration.
b] We approved them providing they showed fiscal probity outlined in conditions a, b and c but they didn't - not our fault Everton slid into administration.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 07:27:12 am by No666 »

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #11515 on: March 23, 2024, 07:35:28 am »
Sounds like they're trying to put the onus back onto 777 for the inevitable disaster riding over the horizon.
a] We would have approved them had they provided audited accounts but they didn't - not our fault Everton slid into administration.
b] We approved them providing they showed fiscal probity outlined in conditions a, b and c but they didn't - not our fault Everton slid into administration.
yeah, that sounds about right
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11516 on: March 23, 2024, 08:42:35 am »
Exactly.

Those conditions clearly haven’t been met for over 6 months already.

So, whatever they are, 777 can’t meet them easily or they already would have.

“Minded to” is a very legal term though. Gives them a big escape route
W

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11517 on: March 23, 2024, 09:03:00 am »
I guess the Premier League are continuing to stall.

777 basically threw down an ultimatum, saying they weren't going to lend Everton anymore money past a certain point. We all know Everton are essentially bankrupt at this point, and the loans from 777 are the only thing keeping them solvent. It seems the Premier League have decided to call their bluff.

I still don't get what the PL's endgame is here though. Regardless of whether Everton deserve a bunch of shysters like 777, I stand by my assertion that letting them into the PL sets a very dangerous precedent, that could spark a free for all of speculative hedge funds ready to asset strip small to mid sized clubs. The pretzel shaped logic the PL would need to approve this takeover would make some of PGMOL's worst decisions seem solid by comparison.

My hope is that the PL are fine with Everton going into administration; and that from their perspective if 777 are serious about a takeover of a distressed asset, they won't be bothered either. If Everton go bust, does 777's interest end?

It might also be that the PL are tired of Everton's bullshit and the self-important, self-entitled arrogance of their fanbase, and wouldn't mind seeing the back of them.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11518 on: March 23, 2024, 09:34:38 am »
It might also be that the PL are tired of Everton's bullshit and the self-important, self-entitled arrogance of their fanbase, and wouldn't mind seeing the back of them.
They’re not the only ones. I say this as someone from Liverpool and as a season ticket holder, but ever since the closed-doors derby at Goodison where they injured VVD and Thiago, I’ve wanted them gone from the division and sent into an absolute spiral of catastrophes. I love the derby but it’s just too much anxiety now because of their behaviour. The derby I’d miss is one that hasn’t existed for quite some time now. I’d rather they were some shite league one club hobbling around, that’s what they deserve.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11519 on: March 23, 2024, 12:03:32 pm »
I can't think of anything that would give Everton fans more long-term enjoyment than the club going under and them forming a 'new' Everton FC a la Rangers. They'd dominate every league they were in for years while still complaining about being hard done by and claiming to be the city's 'authentic', grass roots club.