Author Topic: Everton - The 777 Unflushables  (Read 717915 times)

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Reply #11520 on: March 23, 2024, 12:25:30 pm »
I can't think of anything that would give Everton fans more long-term enjoyment than the club going under and them forming a 'new' Everton FC a la Rangers. They'd dominate every league they were in for years while still complaining about being hard done by and claiming to be the city's 'authentic', grass roots club.
But then they'd lose the much coveted title of "Most senior club in Liverpool the city".

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11521 on: March 23, 2024, 12:29:43 pm »
They’re not the only ones. I say this as someone from Liverpool and as a season ticket holder, but ever since the closed-doors derby at Goodison where they injured VVD and Thiago, I’ve wanted them gone from the division and sent into an absolute spiral of catastrophes. I love the derby but it’s just too much anxiety now because of their behaviour. The derby I’d miss is one that hasn’t existed for quite some time now. I’d rather they were some shite league one club hobbling around, that’s what they deserve.
x 10,000

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11522 on: March 23, 2024, 12:41:03 pm »
But then they'd lose the much coveted title of "Most senior club in Liverpool the city".

Mind you the new Rangers FC somehow managed to keep the heritage & honours from the old Rangers FC, no doubt Everton would try something similar should the same happen to them.
#Sausages

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11523 on: March 23, 2024, 01:07:44 pm »
It's like a scene from a Kenwright production
All the bitters fewmin about Forest's deduction
Oh Everton,Everton, we're all laughing at you....
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11524 on: March 23, 2024, 05:53:22 pm »
So Josimar reports that the 4 conditions are…

1. The conversion of loans by 777 totalling just over 150 million pounds into equity,

2. Proof of funds into an escrow account to keep the club going for the rest of the season,

3. Proof of funding to complete the new stadium, and

4.repayment of MSP’s 158 million pounds stadium loan by mid April.

They say that’s the thick end of £300m cash.

They also need to pay Moshila £64m up front and this could rise to £130m over time (surely they must also be paying his loan to the club?  He can’t just be getting this, he would have pulled off a trick not achieved since Brewsters millions if thrue).

And 777 are short of liquidity.  Seems unlikely to happen. Who knows

Now we know that any take over would also require
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11525 on: March 23, 2024, 07:43:12 pm »

1. The conversion of loans by 777 totalling just over 150 million pounds into equity,

2. Proof of funds into an escrow account to keep the club going for the rest of the season,

They also need to pay Moshila £64m up front and this could rise to £130m over time (surely they must also be paying his loan to the club?  He can’t just be getting this, he would have pulled off a trick not achieved since Brewsters millions if thrue).

That's a lot of money to stump up in cash ahead of any purchase. And that's also a lot of assurances 777 have to give when it comes to funding in the short to medium term. I imagine if those assurances were to be broke, the Premier League would be down on 777 and Everton like a ton of wood.

I don't see how Everton under 777 avoid a fire sale in the summer.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11526 on: March 23, 2024, 07:53:38 pm »
Potentially a smart move by the PL, if they block the purchase they get grief from the media if/when Everton go into administration, whereas if they allow the purchase with some basic conditions then either 777 pull out or they go ahead with it and are forced to somewhat stabilise the club in the short term.

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11527 on: March 23, 2024, 10:06:01 pm »
Potentially a smart move by the PL, if they block the purchase they get grief from the media if/when Everton go into administration, whereas if they allow the purchase with some basic conditions then either 777 pull out or they go ahead with it and are forced to somewhat stabilise the club in the short term.

And none of those conditions are unreasonable, either, given 777’s track record. If all of that is true, I assume they’ll back out.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #11528 on: March 23, 2024, 10:11:10 pm »
Just got in from the Legends game. Corporate hospitality seats, Anfield road. Boss spec, padded seats, scran and a beer.
Bloody frozen, the wind howling over the top of the Kop into our faces was brutal. And I was well layered up with a down gilet under my coat, a hat and gloves.
And it’s March not December.
I can only imagine the layers needed for the BMD.
It’s going to be interesting down on the river
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11529 on: March 23, 2024, 10:15:42 pm »

Very reasonable demands. The conversion  of the loans to equity reduces the risk of administration because 777 may have charged a high rate.

A greater issue is whether Everton is overvalued.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11530 on: March 23, 2024, 10:20:33 pm »

2 and 3 seem reasonable but I'm not sure the Premier League can insist upon 1 and 4 as that sounds more like them trying to run the club than gain evidence of 777 Partners' fit and proper status.  I think like the cancers that 777 Partners will wave some paperwork around to show they have the required funds but it will all be a precarious house of cards built on a foundation of debt.

The Premier League seem to be working extremely hard to keep Everton FC affloat and have been for a long time now.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #11531 on: March 23, 2024, 10:56:16 pm »
Just got in from the Legends game. Corporate hospitality seats, Anfield road. Boss spec, padded seats, scran and a beer.
Bloody frozen, the wind howling over the top of the Kop into our faces was brutal. And I was well layered up with a down gilet under my coat, a hat and gloves.

And smelling of shit to boot. Brrrrrr

The Boo Camp or the Poo Camp?

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #11532 on: March 24, 2024, 10:43:02 am »

No, no, the odour will be The Sweet Smell of SuccessTM.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #11533 on: March 24, 2024, 10:48:41 am »

This is the Premier League washing it's hands. Meet all the conditions and take out a £1/2 billion loan secured against the club. Job done.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11534 on: March 24, 2024, 10:51:55 am »
2 and 3 seem reasonable but I'm not sure the Premier League can insist upon 1 and 4 as that sounds more like them trying to run the club than gain evidence of 777 Partners' fit and proper status.  I think like the cancers that 777 Partners will wave some paperwork around to show they have the required funds but it will all be a precarious house of cards built on a foundation of debt.

The Premier League seem to be working extremely hard to keep Everton FC affloat and have been for a long time now.
Don’t forget, they’re not allowed more than 65% debt when they buy the club. Reckon it’s that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11535 on: March 24, 2024, 01:02:21 pm »
Very reasonable demands. The conversion  of the loans to equity reduces the risk of administration because 777 may have charged a high rate.

A greater issue is whether Everton is overvalued.

Everton are clearly worth less than their debt. They'll be paying it off for the next century.

The Premier League seem to be working extremely hard to keep Everton FC afloat and have been for a long time now.

Imagine you see a guy drowning in a lake, and you grab a branch and hold it out to him. Then he shouts back, "What do you think you're doing, shoving a branch in my face? If I grab hold of that I might scratch my hands! Piss off and find something else, like a broom handle! Only plastic mind! A wooden might have splinters!"

That's Everton.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11536 on: March 24, 2024, 01:04:37 pm »

POOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11537 on: March 24, 2024, 01:34:16 pm »

I walked down the strand yesterday and it was brutal with the wind. That ground will be ridiculous on days like that.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11538 on: March 24, 2024, 01:46:16 pm »
I walked down the strand yesterday and it was brutal with the wind. That ground will be ridiculous on days like that.

I was about 3/4 mile down the docks and my 4 year old was being lifted of her feet. I honestly think their stadium will be a safety risk.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11539 on: March 24, 2024, 01:47:40 pm »
I think like the cancers that 777 Partners will wave some paperwork around to show they have the required funds but it will all be a precarious house of cards built on a foundation of debt.

I agree. In spite of the short turnaround time I reckon this gets done.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #11540 on: March 24, 2024, 04:23:46 pm »
New Everton, built on sand, sewage fumes and debt
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #11541 on: March 24, 2024, 04:46:25 pm »
Everton are clearly worth less than their debt. They'll be paying it off for the next century.

It will cripple them probably go bust before they paid most of it back
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #11542 on: March 24, 2024, 04:56:01 pm »
It will cripple them probably go bust before they paid most of it back
I wonder if their fans will make banners proclaiming they're skint.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11543 on: March 25, 2024, 12:01:10 am »
I see this lot aren't happy because they only pulled in less than nine and a half thousand for the women's Merseyside derby at the shed, while we pulled in sixty thousand for a legends game.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11544 on: March 25, 2024, 12:27:03 am »
I see this lot aren't happy because they only pulled in less than nine and a half thousand for the women's Merseyside derby at the shed, while we pulled in sixty thousand for a legends game.
To be fair, it's a derby so we may have missing as well there. The pull of this particular legends games was quite immense though.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #11545 on: March 25, 2024, 12:31:44 am »

Earlier this season at Anfield 23,000 to watch the Womens Derby.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11546 on: March 25, 2024, 08:56:36 am »
I was about 3/4 mile down the docks and my 4 year old was being lifted of her feet. I honestly think their stadium will be a safety risk.

I live just past Wapping dock and commute via James St so I'm walking up / down The Strand pretty much every day. If the wind near BMD is the same as it is on the Strand then their journey to the ground certainly won't be an enjoyable one during the winter months. I'm a fully grown man and there were times when I felt as though I was going to take off when we had heavy winds earlier in the year

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #11547 on: March 25, 2024, 09:00:17 am »
Second breach hearing begins today.
AHA!

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11548 on: March 25, 2024, 09:14:31 am »
I thought there'd be similar at Goodison yesterday as there was pretty much nothing else going on in the world of sport.  I followed the game on and off on BBC Sport through sheer boredom (whilst out shopping with the missus)!

I wouldn't be surprised if the financial projections for BMD included sell-out WSL home games at £50/ticket  ;D

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11549 on: March 25, 2024, 10:46:33 am »
10 points deduction and they have to bring Big Dunc back as assistant manager seems a fair punishment

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #11550 on: March 25, 2024, 10:56:32 am »
I live just past Wapping dock and commute via James St so I'm walking up / down The Strand pretty much every day. If the wind near BMD is the same as it is on the Strand then their journey to the ground certainly won't be an enjoyable one during the winter months. I'm a fully grown man and there were times when I felt as though I was going to take off when we had heavy winds earlier in the year
I felt cold at the Pier Head waiting for the team bus during the 2019 parade - and that was June.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11551 on: March 25, 2024, 11:15:30 am »
10 points deduction and they have to bring Big Dunc back as assistant manager seems a fair punishment

The Inverness fans would be happy with that. He has taken them all the way to second bottom in the league.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11552 on: March 25, 2024, 11:21:18 am »
They’re not the only ones. I say this as someone from Liverpool and as a season ticket holder, but ever since the closed-doors derby at Goodison where they injured VVD and Thiago, I’ve wanted them gone from the division and sent into an absolute spiral of catastrophes. I love the derby but it’s just too much anxiety now because of their behaviour. The derby I’d miss is one that hasn’t existed for quite some time now. I’d rather they were some shite league one club hobbling around, that’s what they deserve.

If we never had to play them again it'd be too soon. It's bad enough facing the seething hatred if the Mancs without having to get it in your own city.

Rivalry is great but outright hatred isn't. The derby probably was boss pre-Premier League and dogs of war.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11553 on: March 25, 2024, 11:21:37 am »
The Inverness fans would be happy with that. He has taken them all the way to second bottom in the league.

Winning without winning.  You can see why he's a legend at Everton.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11554 on: March 25, 2024, 11:22:00 am »
Didn’t realise he’d got another job after Forest Green sacked him. I wonder if they do vegan chips at Inverness.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11555 on: March 25, 2024, 12:25:33 pm »

Well, that suggests around 13,000 of our fans wanted to go the legends game instead
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11556 on: March 25, 2024, 12:28:36 pm »

They averaged over 1.5 points per game last year, Ferguson has taken that down to just over 1.1 (which is what Dyche usually gets)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11557 on: March 25, 2024, 12:29:00 pm »

Get ready for the fumes
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11558 on: March 25, 2024, 01:13:01 pm »
I felt cold at the Pier Head waiting for the team bus during the 2019 parade - and that was June.

Fucking hell, I remember that. I was up by the Baltic pub, and that's exactly how it felt! The wind was vicious that day.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #11559 on: March 25, 2024, 01:52:43 pm »

Get ready for the fumes

Their fans group submitted a letter to the corrupt PL saying how unfair it all was to punish the fans for the actions of the club.
It’s like the customers at Wilko complaining because the owners ran the group into the ground, except the customers were all cheering about how great it was to be running the group into the ground.
Usual bollocks about no sporting advantage.
We all know why that was, they bought dross with their half billion pound investment
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."