Author Topic: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield  (Read 486251 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield
« Reply #1920 on: March 6, 2013, 04:45:48 pm »
Maybe Your Housing is supplying the funds? Aren't they the ones who are spending the cash on the opposite side of the street to turn them into commercial use?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1921 on: March 6, 2013, 04:47:57 pm »
Maybe Your Housing is supplying the funds? Aren't they the ones who are spending the cash on the opposite side of the street to turn them into commercial use?

Not what Ian Ayre said.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1922 on: March 6, 2013, 04:55:27 pm »
Not what Ian Ayre said.

What did he say? (To save trying to fish out which quote you mean out of many!!).

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1923 on: March 6, 2013, 05:29:32 pm »
I'm not getting involved in any of this debate, but I'll just come with some fresh info. I got quite a bit wrong yesterday actually (that'll teach me to pay more attention to people!) Apparently all but two of the occupied houses and one of the derelict houses in Lothair have now been bought up. All the negotiations have been done through 20/20 Liverpool. He has received an official offer from 20/20 but they haven't got back to him since he advised them and gave documentary evidence that they'd undervalued it by quite a bit. His tenant is still up in the air as to what is going to happen to her too, so naturally he's still fuming. While there has been dialogue between the council and his tenants, there has been none between them and him. He's not holding out for huge ransom money either, just a similar price that a similar sized property but with more work needing doing to it sold for recently. If they could be arsed lifting up the phone, he's more than happy to negotiate, but it doesn't seem like they're in that much of a hurry. And the other thing is there's loads of work underway since last week, banners being hung about the regeneration and shops getting knocked down, so have a look on Sunday.

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1924 on: March 6, 2013, 05:43:00 pm »
Cheers Macca, 20/20 Liverpool is a partnership between the City Council and the Mouchel group so that would point to the City council looking to buy the properties rather than Your housing. Which would make sense because why would a Housing association want to knock down houses to build a commercial 
development.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1925 on: March 6, 2013, 05:52:23 pm »
Cheers Macca, 20/20 Liverpool is a partnership between the City Council and the Mouchel group so that would point to the City council looking to buy the properties rather than Your housing. Which would make sense because why would a Housing association want to knock down houses to build a commercial 
development.

Well they are... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2012/09/29/first-steps-toward-anfield-hotel-taken-with-launch-of-liverpool-young-people-s-hospitality-academy-100252-31928966/

You got that link yet for Ayre's quotes you're on about
« Last Edit: March 6, 2013, 05:58:10 pm by CraigDS »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1926 on: March 6, 2013, 05:57:28 pm »
I'm not getting involved in any of this debate, but I'll just come with some fresh info. I got quite a bit wrong yesterday actually (that'll teach me to pay more attention to people!) Apparently all but two of the occupied houses and one of the derelict houses in Lothair have now been bought up. All the negotiations have been done through 20/20 Liverpool. He has received an official offer from 20/20 but they haven't got back to him since he advised them and gave documentary evidence that they'd undervalued it by quite a bit. His tenant is still up in the air as to what is going to happen to her too, so naturally he's still fuming. While there has been dialogue between the council and his tenants, there has been none between them and him. He's not holding out for huge ransom money either, just a similar price that a similar sized property but with more work needing doing to it sold for recently. If they could be arsed lifting up the phone, he's more than happy to negotiate, but it doesn't seem like they're in that much of a hurry. And the other thing is there's loads of work underway since last week, banners being hung about the regeneration and shops getting knocked down, so have a look on Sunday.

Interesting, so things are moving along then, even if they aren't pulling their finger out and sorting your mate out!!

Cheers for the info as always.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1928 on: March 6, 2013, 06:11:40 pm »
Where have they publicly stated that they have funding to purchase and demolish the houses in Lothair Rd. ?

Public statement by Joe Anderson  http://www.baytvliverpool.co.uk/vod/?vid=MBV507bf20a467e8

The scheme he refers to is the scheme that includes demolition of houses on Lothair Road.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2013, 06:22:13 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1929 on: March 6, 2013, 06:17:30 pm »
http://www.worksmart.org.uk/company/company.php?id=04782302

Yeah saw it was, went on the about us page on their site and mentioned nothing, but then was a small bit confirming it on the web links page.

Still, you got those Ayre quotes yet?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1930 on: March 6, 2013, 06:33:21 pm »
Yeah saw it was, went on the about us page on their site and mentioned nothing, but then was a small bit confirming it on the web links page.

Still, you got those Ayre quotes yet?

It was an answer to a question in a room full of people Craig we know from the Standard Chartered AGM that you don't accept that  ;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1931 on: March 6, 2013, 06:34:14 pm »
It was an answer to a question in a room full of people Craig we know from the Standard Chartered AGM that you don't accept that  ;D

So they not even quoted anywhere then?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1932 on: March 6, 2013, 06:54:11 pm »
So they not even quoted anywhere then?

You after an award for pedantry Craig mate  ;D, there will be quotes but considering that Macca has told us that it is 20/20 Liverpool LTD that is buying the houses then frankly I cant be arsed trawling through pages and pages of coverage to find it. 20/20 is a partnership with LCC so it is almost certain that it is LCC and not your housing buying the houses.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1933 on: March 6, 2013, 07:06:11 pm »
Public statement by Joe Anderson  http://www.baytvliverpool.co.uk/vod/?vid=MBV507bf20a467e8

The scheme he refers to is the scheme that includes demolition of houses on Lothair Road.

He says the City council and the government are providing £25m of funding so again why is public funding being used to buy and knock down houses so that Liverpool can extend the Stadium. Whilst Anderson is making £32m of cuts tonight and saying that he doesn't know where he can possibly make the necessary cuts in future years he is using council money to buy and demolish houses.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1934 on: March 6, 2013, 07:08:34 pm »
You after an award for pedantry Craig mate  ;D, there will be quotes but considering that Macca has told us that it is 20/20 Liverpool LTD that is buying the houses then frankly I cant be arsed trawling through pages and pages of coverage to find it. 20/20 is a partnership with LCC so it is almost certain that it is LCC and not your housing buying the houses.

No it was a genuine question, I didn't know which quotes you were on about!

Although I normally am after that award yes  ;D

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #1935 on: March 6, 2013, 07:13:49 pm »
He says the City council and the government are providing £25m of funding so again why is public funding being used to buy and knock down houses so that Liverpool can extend the Stadium. Whilst Anderson is making £32m of cuts tonight and saying that he doesn't know where he can possibly make the necessary cuts in future years he is using council money to buy and demolish houses.

You could always write to the Council you know.
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1936 on: March 6, 2013, 07:13:57 pm »
No it was a genuine question, I didn't know which quotes you were on about!

Although I normally am after that award yes  ;D

After the formal presentation on the 15th of October Ayre and the other representatives gave separate interviews to various media outlets in the town hall, I must be as pedantic as you mate because I am still looking for it.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1937 on: March 6, 2013, 07:15:12 pm »
You could always write to the Council you know.

Not a bad idea mate I might do a FOI request to find out how much the Council is spending.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #1938 on: March 6, 2013, 07:17:39 pm »
Not a bad idea mate I might do a FOI request to find out how much the Council is spending.

You're going to be better off asking those questions to the relevant departments, and even Ayre himself, because no one in this thread can give you the answers you truly want, because no one knows how this is all structured.

Otherwise this all continues to go around in circles...
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1939 on: March 6, 2013, 07:31:45 pm »
You're going to be better off asking those questions to the relevant departments, and even Ayre himself, because no one in this thread can give you the answers you truly want, because no one knows how this is all structured.

Otherwise this all continues to go around in circles...

I don't know mate, the picture is getting a bit clearer and more information is being uncovered.

Just come across this http://www.dalestreetnews.com/2013/01/08/anfield-vision-takes-shape/

And the block of properties bounded by Lothair, Anfield, Alroy and Rockfield Roads has been identified for a change of use for commercial purposes, helping to boost employment opportunities in the area. The Council has commenced negotiations to acquire the private properties within this block.

Would the council be able to issue CPO's for a commercial development ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1940 on: March 6, 2013, 08:16:28 pm »
I don't know mate, the picture is getting a bit clearer and more information is being uncovered.

Just come across this http://www.dalestreetnews.com/2013/01/08/anfield-vision-takes-shape/

And the block of properties bounded by Lothair, Anfield, Alroy and Rockfield Roads has been identified for a change of use for commercial purposes, helping to boost employment opportunities in the area. The Council has commenced negotiations to acquire the private properties within this block.

Would the council be able to issue CPO's for a commercial development ?

What's to be uncovered?!! This is no secret. It's been in the press and on the Rockfield Triangle's website for over 9months and was announced in October last year.

Still if you're determined to see a conspiracy (or for that matter, a reason not to do something), you'll see one.

Give council a break. They've been dropped in it by government axing HMRI and they're turning that round plus another area that previous councils didn't even look at.

And yes. Council can use CPO for commercial development (see Liverpool One)
« Last Edit: March 6, 2013, 08:21:50 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1941 on: March 6, 2013, 08:17:11 pm »

So again, they are not! Council (and central government ie., central government) are providing funding for housing refurbishment which includes the demolition of irredeemable houses as part of the regeneration of the whole area.

The distinction between that and knocking down houses for a stadium isn't rocket science. But it's something your mate David Conn seems incapable of grasping.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1942 on: March 6, 2013, 08:30:25 pm »
Yesterday you said the money for the demolition of Lothair Rd was coming from HMRI transition.

The funds for regeneration are no doubt coming from the government "HMR Transition Fund". CPOs could be used to get a public housing scheme going but can do nothing whatsoever for a private business per se.

The offers will be more than market value plus 10% and other expenses. Market value has to be determined on a 'no scheme' basis ie., as they stand. If residents do not accept the valuation, Council could exercise CPOs and the residents would get less.

When I showed that the funds were not coming from the HMRI transition fund it became the Empty Homes Fund.

Empty Homes Fund... http://www.planningresource.co.uk/go/home/article/1154795/liverpool-fc-pledges-stay-anfield/

The Rockfield Triangle wasn't in phases 6 or 7 or any phase of HMRI whatever the criteria. In fact prior to this council, it was nowhere.

Then I showed that the demolition of houses was the exact opposite of the Empty houses fund.

So let's cut to the chase the Government isn't providing the funds for the demolition of the houses in Lothair Rd the council are.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1943 on: March 6, 2013, 08:37:58 pm »
Yesterday you said the money for the demolition of Lothair Rd was coming from HMRI transition.

When I showed that the funds were not coming from the HMRI transition fund it became the Empty Homes Fund.

Then I showed that the demolition of houses was the exact opposite of the Empty houses fund.

So let's cut to the chase the Government isn't providing the funds for the demolition of the houses in Lothair Rd the council are.

You have explained nothing of the sort. You have laid out a highly theoretical application of central government funding on a house by house basis, which even if applied to the letter does not show that the demolition of houses is for the purposes of building a stadium which, is what you're getting at.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1944 on: March 6, 2013, 08:51:51 pm »
You have explained nothing of the sort. You have laid out a highly theoretical application of central government funding on a house by house basis, which even if applied to the letter does not show that the demolition of houses is for the purposes of building a stadium which, is what you're getting at.

What I have shown is that a council without a pot to piss in that is making 32m of cuts tonight and putting 400 jobs at risk is systematically buying up occupied houses and demolishing them. That is completely immoral in my book.

It smacks of what Derek Hatton did in the 80s and could lead well lead to financial disaster for the City. How the hell can an administration spend money buying and demolishing when it is struggling to provide basic services.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1945 on: March 6, 2013, 08:58:35 pm »
What I have shown is that a council without a pot to piss in that is making 32m of cuts tonight and putting 400 jobs at risk is systematically buying up occupied houses and demolishing them. That is completely immoral in my book.

It smacks of what Derek Hatton did in the 80s and could lead well lead to financial disaster for the City. How the hell can an administration spend money buying and demolishing when it is struggling to provide basic services.

Oh dear, now you're confusing the funding of services (and a reluctant compliance with a central government requirement to cut those services) with the funding of capital expenditure.

Not only that but council must spend within (separate) budgets. It cannot rob from capital expenditure on housing to pay to run a school - or vice versa.

Then you're likening it to Derek Hatton and his idiotic illegal budget in defiance of central government which set this city back 20 years.

« Last Edit: March 6, 2013, 09:09:44 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1946 on: March 6, 2013, 09:13:37 pm »
Oh dear, now you're confusing the funding of services (and a reluctant compliance with a central government requirement to cut those services) with the funding of capital expenditure.

Then you're likening it to Derek Hatton and his idiotic illegal budget in defiance of central government which set this city back 20 years.

The government is slashing both funding for public services and funding for capital expenditure. So given that background why are the council pumping tens of millions into capital expenditure.

It is completely reckless either the council is spending money demolishing the houses or worse still it is borrowing money to demolish them which will mean part of its budget is being used to repay loans.

As for Hatton I didn't mention setting an illegal budget but what he did do was pour millions into madcap schemes to build houses which cost the city tens of millions.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1947 on: March 6, 2013, 09:26:37 pm »
The government is slashing both funding for public services and funding for capital expenditure. So given that background why are the council pumping tens of millions into capital expenditure.

It is completely reckless either the council is spending money demolishing the houses or worse still it is borrowing money to demolish them which will mean part of its budget is being used to repay loans.

As for Hatton I didn't mention setting an illegal budget but what he did do was pour millions into madcap schemes to build houses which cost the city tens of millions.

I'll say it again. Council is spending money on regenerating a whole area. It cannot leave the bad eggs in situ. It's all or nothing.

You likened council's actions to Hatton, not me. The situation is as I said, entirely different. And you've got the funding completely the wrong way around. Council aren't pumping money anywhere.

They have budgets to spend to meet their obligations (such as under the housing acts). The budget is split up into specific areas - you can't rob Peter to pay Paul. They can only spend (or borrow with 'permissions' from central government) in order to meet their particular obligations under particular 'departments'.

If you really want to know...

Local authority spending can...

...be analysed in terms of how it is financed so it can be shown as the sum of central government support for local authorities within Departmental Expenditure Limits (DEL) and Departmental Annually Managed Expenditure (AME), plus locally financed expenditure in AME (council tax and other local revenue). Central government support for local authorities consist of current and capital grants, and supported capital expenditure (permissions to borrow).

The largest grants are the revenue support grant and the redistribution of pooled national non-domestic rates (NNDR). These count within the Communities and Local Government (CLG) departmental expenditure limit. Other departments provide grants for specific purposes (for example education) and these also count in the department's DEL, as does supported capital expenditure.

Departmental annually managed expenditure (AME) includes grants that reimburse local authority payments of social benefits - mainly rent rebates and rent allowances - and capital grants from the lottery distribution funds.

(from HM Treasury)
« Last Edit: March 6, 2013, 09:36:58 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1948 on: March 6, 2013, 09:36:10 pm »
Jeez. I'll say it again. Council is spending money on regenerating a whole area. It cannot leave the bad eggs in situ. It's all or nothing.

You likened council's actions to Hatton, not me. The situation is as I said entirely different.

And you've got the funding completely the wrong way around. Council aren't pumping money anywhere.

They have budgets to spend to meet their obligations (such as the housing acts). The budget is split up into specific areas - you can't rob Peter to pay Paul. They can only borrow with 'permissions' from central government in order to meet their particular obligations.

If you really want to know...

Local authority spending can be looked at in a number of ways.

It can be analysed in terms of how it is financed so it can be shown as the sum of central government support for local authorities within Departmental Expenditure Limits (DEL) and Departmental Annually Managed Expenditure (AME), plus locally financed expenditure in AME (council tax and other local revenue). Central government support for local authorities consist of current and capital grants, and supported capital expenditure (permissions to borrow).

The largest grants are the revenue support grant and the redistribution of pooled national non-domestic rates (NNDR). These count within the Communities and Local Government (CLG) departmental expenditure limit. Other departments provide grants for specific purposes (for example education) and these also count in the department's DEL, as does supported capital expenditure.

Departmental annually managed expenditure (AME) includes grants that reimburse local authority payments of social benefits - mainly rent rebates and rent allowances - and capital grants from the lottery distribution funds.

(from HM Treasury)

Literally we are going around the houses mate. The only government funding avaliable for Lothair Rd is to buy empty houses and to refurbish them for affordable housing. Instead of using government money to do that Anderson is doing the exact opposite and he is using the councils own money to buy houses that are already occupied and is demolishing them. That is absolutely crazy mate.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1949 on: March 6, 2013, 09:42:31 pm »
Literally we are going around the houses mate. The only government funding avaliable for Lothair Rd is to buy empty houses and to refurbish them for affordable housing. Instead of using government money to do that Anderson is doing the exact opposite and he is using the councils own money to buy houses that are already occupied and is demolishing them. That is absolutely crazy mate.

No it's not!

Council are refurbishing houses that NEED it and can be refurbished economically and clearing houses that can't be refurbished economically. It's as straightforward and as sensible as that.

For sure and wherever that housing money comes from, council cannot use it to run services.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2013, 09:47:47 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1950 on: March 6, 2013, 09:48:07 pm »
No it's not!

Council are refurbishing houses that NEED it and can be refurbished economically and clearing houses that can't be economically refurbished. It's as straightforward as that.

Come of it they are buying Maccas mates house that is currently occupied by a tenant and knocking it down. That is quite clearly none of the above.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1951 on: March 6, 2013, 09:58:06 pm »
Come of it they are buying Maccas mates house that is currently occupied by a tenant and knocking it down. That is quite clearly none of the above.

And where is 'macca's mate's house'? And what state is it in ?- occupied or not? And how many are occupied in that street? Is it in Lothair Road? Should we leave the last few free-standing in any road like pegs in a rotten gum? Even if council legitimately could? Even if they were in A1 perfect nick (which they're not).

Or if council couldn't (and they can't), should we just leave them all just exactly as they are?

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1952 on: March 6, 2013, 10:18:29 pm »
And where is 'macca's mate's house'? And what state is it in ?- occupied or not? And how many are occupied in that street? Is it in Lothair Road? Should we leave the last few free-standing in any road like pegs in a rotten gum? Even if council legitimately could? Even if they were in A1 perfect nick (which they're not).

Or if council couldn't (and they can't), should we just leave them all just exactly as they are?

The council should use the empty house fund to refurbish the houses that are empty 60-90k per house, and leave the houses that were occupied. That is exactly what they are doing for the vast vast majority of the houses that are not affected by the stadium expansion.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1953 on: March 6, 2013, 10:25:20 pm »
The council should use the empty house fund to refurbish the houses that are empty 60-90k per house, and leave the houses that were occupied. That is exactly what they are doing for the vast vast majority of the houses that are not affected by the stadium expansion.

It has nothing to do with stadium expansion. The houses are too big and too dilapidated and would cost too much to put back on the market or for rent, which is just about what I said a few hours ago.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1954 on: March 6, 2013, 10:41:38 pm »
It has nothing to do with stadium expansion. The houses are too big and too dilapidated and would cost too much to put back on the market or for rent, which is just about what I said a few hours ago.

The houses in Lothair are normal two storey houses the houses in parts of Sybil and Back Rockfield are three storey and far bigger than the ones in Lothair. Your housing are actually knocking two houses into one in parts of Anfield to make houses bigger.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1955 on: March 7, 2013, 01:25:23 am »
Actually you've both got it a bit wrong. My mate's house in Lothair is a three storey five bedroom house. It is on the even side of Lothair Road, the even end closest to the Kop) As for condition, it is in absolutely Grade A condition and that is why he is not happy with the valuation; new windows and doors, repointed and repainted outside, rewired, replumbed, replastered, new kitchen, two new bathroom suites and a brand new combi condensing heating system. It is as refurbished as can be. The reason he's so mad, and I can assure you he's absolutely livid, is that he's not going to accept the same valuation as they paid to some of the more delapidated houses when he's spent tens of thousands of his own hard earned completely refurbishing it. He's had the same tenant in there for years, and if none of this had happened, they'd be in there for many years to come too so he's also losing a massive annual rental income as well.  If you don't believe me about the condition of the house, you can go and see for yourself on any match day( it's the one with the lights on!) No point me telling you on here it's done up if it isn't when you can go and see it yourself.

If you can believe it or not, he's probably slap bang in the middle of you two Al and Peter. He's unhappy that 20/20 are the ones buying it when he feels it should be the club doing it. His gripe is that the house is being sold for Liverpool's commercial gain. On the other hand, he's a good match going red and all he wants to do is let everything go through smoothly but only if he gets a fair value for his house, based on similar house price sales in the area and valuations on the almost derelict properties they've already bought.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2013, 01:31:00 am by macca888 »
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1956 on: March 7, 2013, 09:03:16 am »
That sounds fair enough Macca. Hope he gets it sorted quickly.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1957 on: March 7, 2013, 09:36:36 am »

yeah wouldnt be nice to see someone like that shafted, hope it all works out
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1958 on: March 7, 2013, 09:40:52 am »

Clearly Macca's mate has made a significant investment but you have to say a very risky one. Anyone who goes into property to rent takes on similar risks but for a three-storey five-bedroomed house in this street he'll have had balls of iron.

That said, how long has the roof got left in it? And the brickwork, doors and windows? The two-storey, 2/3 bed houses in Tancred Road cost £100,000 to refurbish top to toe, inside and out, pavements and walls to local authority funding standards in 2005 plus £30,000 to secure the properties against further vandalism - each.

Council put the properties in for £1 and still made a loss (allowed as subsidised under HMRI) - at least to begin with... http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20110118095356/http://www.cabe.org.uk/case-studies/tancred-road/evaluation.

On that basis how much would you have to pay to cover Macca's mate's costs? And would that be 'affordable'? I doubt it.

Fact is, council can only pay market valuation for the house in that area plus 10% plus other expenses. That valuation takes condition into account and commercial value and life expectancy but also has to take into account where the house is - no matter how much money has been spent on it. If council paid any more, they'd be justifying it in front of a judge.

I'm sure he'll be offered what it's worth and what can stand up to scrutiny. In short - could be he has spent too much on it.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2013, 10:05:38 am by Peter McGurk »

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1959 on: March 7, 2013, 10:06:18 am »
I would guess that provided Macca's mate can back up the money he has spent on it, he'll have a decent case. If he's done all the work himself it'll be harder to prove, but he could still get quotes from builders on what it will have costed.

A risky investment? Maybe so, but he could equally argue that there had been two separate applications for planning permission for new stadia that that the reasonable person would have relied upon in making the decision he did.

No idea what kind of difference in valuation we're talking here though. 10-20K you'd think it was do-able. 30-50K, all the more difficult. As for market valuation, is that for Lothair road, or Anfield?