Author Topic: Joël Matip (Job Joël André Matip)  (Read 529557 times)

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Joel Matip!
« Reply #1040 on: January 16, 2017, 05:24:09 pm »
paul joyce ‏@_pauljoyce  3m3 minutes ago
Liverpool considering playing Matip at Plymouth and risking any fall out from Fifa.

Going to force the issue it seems

Interesting it being the FA Cup and not the league, could be coincidence that it's just our next game or could we be testing the waters

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: January 16, 2017, 05:26:06 pm »
Paul Joyce said that FIFA have told us to resolve it ourselves with the Cameroon FA?

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: January 16, 2017, 05:30:06 pm »
[...]
Why on earth can't Fifa answer a simple question.

LFC: Hi Fifa you corrupt shitebags. Can we play Matip in our next game?

FIFA: Yes. Leave the envelope with Fergie in Manchester, he knows the procedure. Uhm... eh... uh... We have no idea, but! lemme give you this pamphlet with some of our rules so you, you know, can find out yerself! Perhaps?

FIFA spokesman being...... helpful

Incompetent buffoons.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1043 on: January 16, 2017, 05:31:31 pm »
Paul Joyce said that FIFA have told us to resolve it ourselves with the Cameroon FA?

Well if that's true, it's no contest is it? LFC v Cameroon FA. Pfffttt. What are they gonna do?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1044 on: January 16, 2017, 05:36:45 pm »

and being as they never picked him for their final squad, there is nothing to resolve.

Sorted!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1045 on: January 16, 2017, 05:39:16 pm »
and being as they never picked him for their final squad, there is nothing to resolve.

Sorted!

You'd imagine there could be more to it than this given we took the decision to not include him vs United (unless that was just a ploy to hurry up an official confirmation).

I mean maybe they informed the club 15 days before as required but were told he wouldn't join up with them hence he wasn't named in the squad, which would potentially throw up a bit of a grey area.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: January 16, 2017, 05:47:41 pm »

Sorted!

You'd imagine it should be an open and shut case as they didn't pick him. If they did, I can understand, while not agreeing, with Cameroon's stance. It's a joke. And I don't understand why FIFA can't make a decision either.

If we did go ahead and play him in the league, do FIFA have the power to impose points penalties, or would it just be financial? Surely the FA or Premier League can help us out here too?

The rule is bollocks anyway. If a player doesn't want to be considered to play, he shouldn't be forced to. 
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: January 16, 2017, 05:48:18 pm »

Sorted!

You would think that would be the simple answer. Not in the final cut- so should be eligible to play for his club. Also agree we test the waters by playing him in the FA Cup replay.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1048 on: January 16, 2017, 05:51:38 pm »
 :wanker

Joel Matip: Liverpool defender could miss six more games
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38638651
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: January 16, 2017, 05:51:43 pm »
Oh FIFA, as professional as ever.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1050 on: January 16, 2017, 05:58:46 pm »
paul joyce ‏@_pauljoyce  3m3 minutes ago
Liverpool considering playing Matip at Plymouth and risking any fall out from Fifa.

Going to force the issue it seems

Please let this be true.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #1051 on: January 16, 2017, 05:58:53 pm »
I'm astonished that you can't retire from international football. Its not the bloody national service.
Just give them some money, that's usually how things run in many African associations. Line somebody's pocket.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: January 16, 2017, 06:02:54 pm »
I assume Cameroon can just hold this over his head indefinitely? They keep including him in preliminary  squads, against his wishes, and refuse to release him despite not actually selecting him so he can't play for his club for the duration of the time the national squad is together.  No comeback on them so they might as well try it on in the hope he relents and plays for them?

Is it just the cup of nations that falls outside the usual international breaks, or do African qualifiers take place at other inconvenient times? Is this going to be an irritant a couple of times a year, or just for 6 weeks every two years?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: January 16, 2017, 06:06:38 pm »
And if we play him and Cameroon complain to FIFA, will FIFA tell them to resolve it themselves with us?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: January 16, 2017, 06:06:48 pm »
This is a great way for Cameroon to convince him to play for them again isn't it. Nuking the bridge.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: January 16, 2017, 06:07:18 pm »
You'd imagine it should be an open and shut case as they didn't pick him. If they did, I can understand, while not agreeing, with Cameroon's stance. It's a joke. And I don't understand why FIFA can't make a decision either.

If we did go ahead and play him in the league, do FIFA have the power to impose points penalties, or would it just be financial? Surely the FA or Premier League can help us out here too?

The rule is bollocks anyway. If a player doesn't want to be considered to play, he shouldn't be forced to.

Oh please, the FA might seemingly be at war with FIFA but they won't bat an eyelid in siding with them on this and put us in our place by throwing us out of the cup or docking points for fielding an ineligible player.

Offline WaterfordRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1056 on: January 16, 2017, 06:07:47 pm »
Surely a small but not insignificant bung is the way forward here.
It will be cheaper than the legal fees anyway.
SOS 8040

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #1057 on: January 16, 2017, 06:08:33 pm »
Sick of bollocks run ins with incompetent footballing bodies. This situation is a joke. He doesn't want to play for them - that should be the end of it.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1058 on: January 16, 2017, 06:08:59 pm »

That's the problem though.

"Matip cannot play for the club while Cameroon are at AFCON unless they have an agreement with Cameroon for him to do so. (Paul Joyce)"

FIFA want us to sort it out with Cameroon but obviously that hasn't gone anywhere and doesn't look like going anywhere, which is why we've been asking FIFA to get involved.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 06:11:33 pm by Number 7 »
YWNA

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: January 16, 2017, 06:09:15 pm »
Can we make a special 'payment of goodwill' to Cameroon to resolve this?

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: January 16, 2017, 06:09:47 pm »
You'd imagine there could be more to it than this given we took the decision to not include him vs United (unless that was just a ploy to hurry up an official confirmation).

I mean maybe they informed the club 15 days before as required but were told he wouldn't join up with them hence he wasn't named in the squad, which would potentially throw up a bit of a grey area.

It all comes down to the manager's ego being smashed to pieces. They were told MONTHS leading up to the team selection that Matip didn't want to be selected as has been the case for a very long time. After Matip informed the Cameroon FA and manager of this the manager said that he was still expecting Matip to report for AFCON duty. How thick does somebody have to be before they get the message?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: January 16, 2017, 06:12:27 pm »
Please let this be true.

The situation's crap but still, love a bit of drama!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: January 16, 2017, 06:15:02 pm »
It all comes down to the manager's ego being smashed to pieces. They were told MONTHS leading up to the team selection that Matip didn't want to be selected as has been the case for a very long time. After Matip informed the Cameroon FA and manager of this the manager said that he was still expecting Matip to report for AFCON duty. How thick does somebody have to be before they get the message?

The trouble is that it's no skin off their nose is it. Nothing can happen to them, no fines or anything. There's no incentive for them not to be dicks about it.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: January 16, 2017, 06:17:10 pm »
Sick of bollocks run ins with incompetent footballing bodies. This situation is a joke. He doesn't want to play for them - that should be the end of it.

Whilst FIFA seemingly not having a clue what they're doing is a complete joke i totally understand the principle behind it. They want to protect International football. There are lots of truely great players who play for big rich clubs but very small poor nations. FIFA have to do something to stop those players being persuaded(financially) to retire prematurely by those clubs.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline dotheoffski

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1064 on: January 16, 2017, 06:19:46 pm »
This whole situation is ridiculous, ultimately he is an asset of the club which is a company, who is remunerated by Liverpool fc.  What right do FIFA have to say he cannot play? It's ridiculous and surely any court of law would tell FIFA where to go.  To add to that the player does not want to play, who forces people to do things they do not want to do in this day and age, fucking joke.

Fifa and UEFA have far to much power especially considering they are corrupt.  International football does not pay huge transfer fees or wages for these so called assets so should have no rights to these assets.

If they are not careful a court case will proceed and they will loose under any international or European law, this would create far more problems for them.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 06:22:44 pm by dotheoffski »

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: January 16, 2017, 06:20:31 pm »
Matip made a decision of his own accord, prior to even playing for us. As always FIFA do sweet fuck all correctly. Most inept and corrupt organization on the planet.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #1066 on: January 16, 2017, 06:23:45 pm »
Matip probably considers himself more German than he doee Cameroonian. What a fuvking farce Fifa are. What sort of bullshit is this, even if you're retired from international football you still have to show up. The actual fuck!

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #1067 on: January 16, 2017, 06:28:53 pm »
Matip probably considers himself more German than he doee Cameroonian. What a fuvking farce Fifa are. What sort of bullshit is this, even if you're retired from international football you still have to show up. The actual fuck!
Well, those have always been the rules and Matip actively chose to represent Cameroon instead of Germany, so it doesn't matter what he feels like now. I'd think the German FA is a lot easier to deal with but oh well.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1068 on: January 16, 2017, 06:32:40 pm »
Does the PFA represent all players as surely Joel is having his rights denied him here. It is such a crazy situation considering Cameroon know he doesn't want to play for them. I just cannot get my head around the thought that a player is not free to make a decision like this and be respected for it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #1069 on: January 16, 2017, 06:33:23 pm »
Well, those have always been the rules and Matip actively chose to represent Cameroon instead of Germany, so it doesn't matter what he feels like now. I'd think the German FA is a lot easier to deal with but oh well.

Yeah I get that. The Cameroon FA are just being petty. Why would you want a player in your squad that doesn't want to be there  :wanker

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1070 on: January 16, 2017, 06:39:50 pm »
I don't really see the issue here. I would imagine being in the provisional squad means fuck all. Fifa-regulations say that a player who has been called up for the final of an international tournament has to go there. In the regulations for the ACN it says that a 23-man-squad shall be named ten days before the first match of the final tournament. Seeing as Matip is not on Cameroon's list I would argue that he has not been officially called up. Even if he went to Gabon now he couldn't play for them as he was never registered for the tournament. Nowhere, in Fifa regulations does it say anything about provisional squads or anything.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1071 on: January 16, 2017, 06:57:51 pm »
Play him on Wednesday

Simple as that

If FIFA don't help then just do it
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #1072 on: January 16, 2017, 07:05:03 pm »
Whilst FIFA seemingly not having a clue what they're doing is a complete joke i totally understand the principle behind it. They want to protect International football. There are lots of truely great players who play for big rich clubs but very small poor nations. FIFA have to do something to stop those players being persuaded(financially) to retire prematurely by those clubs.
Exactly this, I don't see why so many here can't understand this.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #1073 on: January 16, 2017, 07:10:22 pm »

There is an element of free will for these human beings/footballers.

This is not national service

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: January 16, 2017, 07:23:00 pm »
This is complete f*cking horsesh*t.

Matip is based in the UK and it may sound dramatic, but he cannot be forced into working for someone he doesn't want to work for. The Human Rights Act is pretty bloody clear about this. It is also a bloody obvious restraint of trade case alternatively.

Tell The Cameroon FA to get f*cked and tell FIFA the same. Take them all to court if they try to fine or otherwise punish the club and watch them get laughed out of court.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: January 16, 2017, 07:24:04 pm »

Because he's not a slave.

And who are all these great players who can't be arsed to play for small nations? There's no issue. Most like to play for their national teams. And if they don't that's their choice.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: January 16, 2017, 07:25:15 pm »

and he wasn't fucking selected in the final squad nor has he played since september of 2015, I don't understand how THAT isn't clear. He wasn't forced by us to retire, he did it on his own accord. Just like Carragher did, and so many others.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: January 16, 2017, 07:29:06 pm »
When does the rule about being retired from international football stop coming into effect in that a country can no longer call up a player? What I mean is, obviously Cameroon can still call up Matip, even though he has retired from International football. Can England still call up Alan Shearer or Gerrard for example, even though they have retired from playing altogether?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: January 16, 2017, 07:34:21 pm »
The CFA are being c*nts, they're bitter that the bloke doesn't want to play for them. No other FA would do this.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #1079 on: January 16, 2017, 07:35:12 pm »

And who are all these great players who can't be arsed to play for small nations? There's no issue. Most like to play for their national teams. And if they don't that's their choice.

You're right, he isn't a slave.

I think he has become a pawn used by Cameroon and now FIFA to deter other players from not wanting to play for their national teams. FIFA see their tournament being shunned. They have deliberately not made a decision in my view.

I believe WBA are in a similar situation and maybe there are many players around Europe who have opted to stay with their clubs. Holding the ANC every two years is putting clubs with African players at a disadvantage.

The only way forward is for a club to play a player who has opted not to go a see what happens. A test case.

We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!